AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 15:54   Link #281
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I wouldn't say it's all comedy the show had a little bit of everything drama,school life,romance comedy. for example Ben-to didn't have any romance but the ts still liked it
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 18:30   Link #282
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye, i'm kinda open to anything at the moment, as long as it has some undergoing romance(even is a little and light one), or some ecchi, but it has to be good.

I don't know if you noticed but, if you check the first post, you'll see my failed attempt at changing the title of this topic (I rather managed to change the "Title" of the first message, lol). I wanted to rename this topic into "Looking for romance anime", but i couldn't ^,^

After i finished rewatching Angel Beats, i felt the need of Haruhi, and tonight watched the first 6 episodes (that are the most interesting).

Tomorrow i'll watch the second season of Working'!!, and then go for the other titles that got suggested.

@ Obelisk
Never stated i hate vampires :0, neither i do mind romances about them. In the beginning i was being really picky because i had just finished watching haruhi suzumiya no yutsu, and wanted a school-life comedy/romance After having finished the most fitting ones, i opened up to other subgenres, gradually removing requirements. I'll bring back DN angel from hell and add it to the list.

Once again, if you check the first post, i removed a huge chunk of textwall, making it way smaller and allowing new features in the titles that might be suggested. I totally revamped it.

I'll ask a mod to rename this topic, since it's not only about ecchi/romance. Thank you for your suggestions, they are always very appreciated.

EDIT
Ok, i have to know if the following title are most likely going to entertain me like Arakawa under the bridge:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
XXXHolic
Welcome to the NHK

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-02 at 20:00.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:07   Link #283
Elegance

For romance I recommend Suzuka, though i like the manga better. Its considered sports but its basically a backstory of trying to get closer to the person. The romance is the main point of it.

I think Welcome to the NHK will entertain you. Its quite odd yet enjoyable.

I recommend Eden of the East

The manga Unbalance x Unbalance

Also did u know Steins;Gate episode 25 was released like a week ago? i wrote in the other topic u had.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 04:50   Link #284
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
@ Obelisk
Never stated i hate vampires :0, neither i do mind romances about them.
Ah, sorry, I should’ve said you hate zombies, monsters and demons (and Karin have none of them).

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is not exactly a romance. It’s a comedy or more like “absurdist satire” if you go by Wikipedia’s description. It’s about a very very pessimistic teacher (Nozomu Itoshiki) whoa was stopped from hanging himself on a sakura try by a very very optimistic female student (Kafuka Fuura). From there, Nozomu meet more unique characters. The anime is unique, that’s for sure. Just don’t expect great romance or mind blowing story, and this anime will be a good & entertaining watch.

xxxHolic is a Supernatural-horror-psychological anime even though there’s romance in it. It’s about a highschool boy (Kimihiro Watanuki) who attract ghost & demons. To deal with it, he goes to a shady shop owned by a woman named Yuuko. However in order to grant Watanuki’s request Yuuko needs him to do a sacrifice. In this case, Watanuki has to work for her. From there, their relationship develops.

There’s one thing though, xxxHolic is deeply related with another anime titled Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle even though it can stand on its own (again, two stories within the same universe/context). So, if there’s a plot hole in xxxHolic’s story (e.g. characters suddenly popping out of nowhere, etc) you may find it by watching Tsubasa Chronicle.

As for Welcome to the NHK, if you can tolerate the otaku-ish aspect, I think you’ll get a decent show. I’m not gonna tell about it too much. Yes, it’s a romance but it also a black comedy. If you’re interested, you have to experience it yourself unspoiled.
Old 2012-03-03, 06:11   Link #285
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
For romance I recommend Suzuka, though i like the manga better. Its considered sports but its basically a backstory of trying to get closer to the person. The romance is the main point of it.

I think Welcome to the NHK will entertain you. Its quite odd yet enjoyable.

I recommend Eden of the East

The manga Unbalance x Unbalance

Also did u know Steins;Gate episode 25 was released like a week ago? i wrote in the other topic u had.
Already watched suzuka.

Yesterday i got Welcome to the NHK on my pc, so i will watch it after i finish some titles.

I will give "Eden of the East" a try.

And about S;G, ye, i already watched the OVA and loved it. I think i watched it 4-5 times haha.

I'll get Karin. Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 2012-03-03, 09:21   Link #286
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I'm going to add a 3rd list of titles later after I'm done with work
Old 2012-03-03, 09:25   Link #287
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
I'm going to add a 3rd list of titles later after I'm done with work
As Classified Info said, everytime you add a new list, you need to write a plot summary and its content's description (pros and cons) for each anime, like I did in my previous posts of this thread.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 09:26   Link #288
Veil of Seph

Thank you SOOO much for your Steins;Gate recommendation the most amazing tv series (not just anime) that i have ever had the splendour to lay my eyes upon, and not just me, but my partner also. The epitomy of perfection, and i honestly do not believe that i will ever be so enthralled by a series as i have been by S;G, so yet again, thank you. It is safe to say that your list has also become my 'to watch' list also, as, even though i myself had seen a couple of, i was able to enjoy many more (S;G, Angel Beats, LvB, etc...). Also, thanks to those whom contributed to this kickass list, cheers.
Veil of Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 10:41   Link #289
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I'm happy that this thread is of help for other people looking for this genre.

Anyways, took the time to read the description of every title Tolido suggested, and here my thoughts:
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora - definitely going to watch it. The only screenshot in there is enough for me
karin - it was suggested by obelisk aswell, and had planned to watch it
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - I'm tempted of trying hits, but i'll ask something first: is this title like Kimikiss-pure rouge, where the love stories of 3 different characters twist between each other? Or is it a worse version of that anime?
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - read that brief description, but i didn't understand a fuck. Too much war - rebuild - war - migrate - war - rebuilt - wtf? I'd be grateful if you could give your opinions and your own description about this title in particular
night wizard - is there any romance in this title? (let's remember the "kiss scene" requirement)
renal magica - Onoz, another guy with an eyepatch this was also the reason why i didn't like much 11eyes
prism ark - graphic looks a bit old; is this like kanon/clannad?
Princess Resurrection - is there any romance at all, or just the princess abusing his servant?
Mawaru Penguindrum - i don't really understand why you suggested such an... odd title. I don't get the connection between romance and an anime involving siblings and penguins. Is there some undergoing story i'm not aware of?

I had checked the other titles, but they never appealed me.

@Misaofan
I appreciate you care, but do not worry about other users: I can speak for myself

@Obelisk
Thanks for the deeper information, i think i'm going to watch Welcome to the NHK. I will delay the other two titles because my list got filled with many titles concerning romance.

Always thank you all: you are very helpful.
Old 2012-03-03, 13:24   Link #290
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - I'm tempted of trying hits, but i'll ask something first: is this title like Kimikiss-pure rouge, where the love stories of 3 different characters twist between each other? Or is it a worse version of that anime?
night wizard - is there any romance in this title? (let's remember the "kiss scene" requirement)
prism ark - graphic looks a bit old; is this like kanon/clannad?
OreTsuba looks like Kimikiss Pure Rouge, when the 4 male characters falls in love with the four girls each other. You need to watch in its entirety and when you finished the show (it was released last year and has 12 episodes), you should give your own opinion.

In Night Wizard, there's some romance in it, but the show itself look like Kaze no Stigma and Fate/stay night, with loads of action and some romance. It was released in 2007 and has 12 episodes.

Prism Ark was released in 2007, but the character design doesn't look like Kanon to me. It has 12 episodes.

Quote:
Princess Resurrection - is there any romance at all, or just the princess abusing his servant?
The story follows a guy who gets killed by a car accident before being ressurected as a servant by a princess who always care about her dangerous weapons during fight scenes and teases him. The series is released in 2007, has 24 episodes and had a bit of romance. It will gives KoreZom vibes.

Quote:
Mawaru Penguindrum - i don't really understand why you suggested such an... odd title. I don't get the connection between romance and an anime involving siblings and penguins.
The story is focused on two brothers, named Kanba and Shouma (both highschool students) who always care about their sister named Himari because she has weak sanity in her. In order to heal her, three penguins appears and became siblings' partners. It was released in 2011 and has 24 episodes. It started off as your typical comedy but it soons turn into dark series. It has little romance between Kanba, Shoma and their childhood friend.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-03-06 at 13:03.
Old 2012-03-03, 17:39   Link #291
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Right now I’m only adding anime that meets two or more of the ts’s requirements. Some of the stuff on this list I haven’t seen before but were mentioned in other places/forums. .

1.Kannazuki no Miko
2.ChäoS;HEAd
3.Kurokami
4.Genshiken
5.Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome
6.Mushi-Uta
7.Izumo Takeki Tsurugi no Senki
8.H20: footprints in sand
9.Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
10.Nanatsuiro Drops
11.Hitohira
12.Tsuyokiss
13.Hakushaku to Youse
14.Busou renkin

I’m not going give descriptions because there are other people who are better at making good short descriptions like misaofan. So if anybody can give their thoughts for each anime that would be awesome. I’ll add more anime later when I find more.
Old 2012-03-04, 07:53   Link #292
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Working'!!, but i was disappointed that there was no development at all about the characters: we don't know who really is Souma, we don't get to know the story behind Yamada, Inami doesn't show any progress at all with her androphobia (even tho she says that she'll continue that way to stay together with the protagonist). I think i watched this show only for Poplar, haha. Anyways, it was always entertaining and funny, and i enjoyed it very much like the previous season. I was just disappointed that the story didn't make any real progress. I hope they make a new season.

I don't have time to look up for every title you listed, so i'll wait for someone to do so.

In the meanwhile i planned to watch Fight Ippatsu! Juuden chan. Hope to finish it within today.

Always thank you for all the suggestions.
Old 2012-03-05, 01:27   Link #293
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Hey classified if its okay with you I’ll try putting video previews of each anime instead so you will know first hand what to expect. The videos I’m going put first are the anime you rejected. Some of these videos have shitty music with parts of the anime and others contain reviews.

First up is
Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTNl6BxzPNk

2nd
Hatsukoi limited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJ4mV4CdRk

3rd
Da capo 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_LwFCD5kqw

4th
Da capo 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7kRDR0j01s

For Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I added more than one 3rd video is a review by some dude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyZws...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po3YqJwmgwE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQFDD3tiqY

Rental magica-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdb5WTexTBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kATtgRrjnWg

Prism ark-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4Zk...eature=related

Mawaru Penguindrum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsUhg8uiwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm6UxfksN2o&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lryaLQsFpp8&feature=fvst
Old 2012-03-05, 06:34   Link #294
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The uncensored version of Samurai Girls is out. You could watch it in its entirety.

Anyways, I would recommend Lovely Complex, one of your first beast of romances ! The 2007 24-episode romantic comedy TV anime sets in highschool and follows Risa, a tall girl who falls in love with a short guy named Atsushi. It's funny and romantic at the same time !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-05, 07:33   Link #295
Eragon
Still Alive

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this but, try Ginban Kaleidoscope - pretty unique romance anime.
Old 2012-03-05, 15:49   Link #296
Arya

I second some titles I read and two others. I'll try to be generic on the descriptions.

H2O: Footprints in the Sand
it is a 12 episodes story that develops in a peculiar rural context with strict rules in which the MC, who is blind, had to balance his too kind nature between .. two sides. It has a bit of magic that draws it near a fairy tale. All in all, if you are able to bear up some inconsistencies it is a good story. Try to watch the first episode. You will know quite easily if you want to go on or not. Ah, no comedy IIRC.
I''s Pure:
It is a 6 episodes story of a guy how has a huge crush on a cute girl in his class. So, it has a classic high school setting: hot girl, indecisive guy, perverted friend, childhood friend. Give it a try.
True Tears
if you are short of titles it is a good time to give this anime a try.
Peach Girl
this 25 episodes long anime has a girl as MC, but I add it anyway, who knows. High school settings, rom/com, love triangle, one girl two boys, with many twists that makes the story reach peaks that tend to a soap opera

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 15:36   Link #297
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Wow, so many new titles. I'm going to update my list later on (I just got back from university)

Btw, i watched Fight ippatsu! Juuden-chan, and i actually enjoyed it. The plot wasn't that great, the protagonist was that girl... but it's probably the only anime i really enjoyed that had a girl as protagonist, and probably it was because the anime was very generous with the fanservice and all those tits. Alesta sbammig her tits in the face of that guy was so ridiculously funny, haha, and it was very relaxing all the way. Relaxing like Kissxsis, inukami & co. I'd rate it something like 8.6. Nice catch

Tonight i think i'll start watching Final Approach, and then check the other titles and update my list. Thank you again for all the suggestions, i'm happy there are other titles, and ye, i'll surely watch Lovely complex (I did skip it in the beginning because i didn't like the short vs tall, but after i burned the most entertaining romances, it's just the best match left)

EDIT
Finished watching Final Approach, but i found it not romantic at all:
Spoiler for plot:

Anyways, i'll read some Boku wa tomodachi manga, then go bed.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-06 at 18:10.
Old 2012-03-06, 18:54   Link #298
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Hotarubi no Mori e

Its a movie short movie/ova but its well worth a watch.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 10:07   Link #300
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Actually Hatenko Yugi was released in 2008, followed by Kobato. in 2009
MyAnimeList