4 out of 10 : Poor 7 6.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-15, 21:19   Link #21
Zek
Eyebrows...

My favorite part of the episode was when Gaara grabbed Deidara's arm with the sand. And then sloooooowly extended his hand for about fifteen seconds. And then crushed it thirty seconds after that. They really should have called it Naruto Z.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 21:26   Link #22
DrunkManCrying

DAMN YOU ALL FOR OPENING MY EYES!!!

Seriously, now that I've been made aware of the slowness it's killing me
DrunkManCrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:10   Link #23
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Not sure why people hate this episode as much as the last two... I found it much more entertaining. It's kinda odd to disagree with the Shippuden hate mob for the first time.

Yeah, bombing the sand village because he can't win 1v1 is real manly.
Uhhhh...he's a villain. That's what villains do. And besides, anything goes in a fight. Gaara's got the advantage being on his home turf with sand everywhere so it's only fair that his greatest asset can also be his greatest weakness.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:12   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah the only thing I didn't like was how it seemed to take forever to crush the guys arm. It's like "ok here's the sand coffin....crawling up his arm ok.....now....no...maybe now...no...oh here it is". If your going to kill time make the fight interesting. Honestly compared with Gaara vs. Kimmimaro this is just pitiful.

I understand they don't want 2 years of filler or anything. But come on your going to kill the show if you keep moving it at the speed of molasses. I can just stop watching if it gets to another filler arc. But lets' at least make the episodes we have fun and interesting.

But on the positive side I did like the flashback with Gaara and Kankuro. It's incredible the transformation he's made from that angry and lonely guy back in the Chuunin exam until this point. Meeting Naruto really turned his life around and put him on a good path. Seeing how he cares for the village and wants people to acknowledge his existence. Getting past all the past pain and sorrow you can finally see the good person that he was able to be. Just seeing the new Gaara and how he thinks was worth this episode getting a good vote.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-03-15 at 23:25.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:22   Link #25
sx3
0 Gundam

ya i must agree, this is such a pain.. i enjoyed the last episode a lot, like its probably one of my favourite episodes just how it was presented , music and stuff but than they skip 1 week and now we get this.. makes me wanna cry a little cause we've waited so long for fillers to end, i don't even get why they skip a week, can someone explain to me? They shouldn't even have to skip ANY week, they've had so much time to make these episodes ahead of time booo! boooo! oh well, we can all hope that they make it worth our time after next week for the 1 hour special.
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:50   Link #26
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Gaaaaah I hate cliffhangers like that!

yeah the pace is kind of slow...but it's OK, slow is not the same as boring.
Poor Gaara, he's trying so hard.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:54   Link #27
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I liked this episode alot more than episode 4. More Gaara and less naruto = Less boring. I gave it ten mainly because i didnt find any thing during the whole episode as pointless and it wasnt bad. Although i hate clifhangers too .

Diadra was so calm when he lost his arm. I wonder if he can grow it back with a technique or so. I wouldnt be supprised since in HXH we had some one who could do that.

I loved the part that Gaara finally admited that he owes naruto. Its fun to be see honest , talkative Gaara once in a while.
Old 2007-03-16, 02:04   Link #28
EoT
~~

The next Naruto airing is 22/3/07, this is next week on Thursday at 7:27pm 1hour special. Not so sure where people are getting this 29th business.. please think before writing.

The episode was decent. The scene where Gaara rips of Deidera's arm was probably the most entertaining part of the episode. That huge bomb at the end was umm unique, what a weird shape.. looks like something a child would draw.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 03:35   Link #29
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

One question about the Flash back Kankuru had about Gaara wanting to become Kazekage. Was it before Sasku rescue arc or after?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
The next Naruto airing is 22/3/07, this is next week on Thursday at 7:27pm 1hour special. Not so sure where people are getting this 29th business.. please think before writing.
Its on 29th. You can see it here and Also another source is here.
Old 2007-03-16, 03:39   Link #30
EoT
~~

At the end of the episode it says 22nd. Unless they like to falsely advertise when they air Naruto.
Old 2007-03-16, 03:54   Link #31
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i m glad i woke up late for work, i took my shower while the episode was running and i actually didnt miss anything at all. i thing the best part was the "funny" clip at the end of the episode, for some reason reminded me of the comic relief from KGNE because KGNE episode were painfull to watch but in a different way, since KGNE was enjoyable.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 04:07   Link #32
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
At the end of the episode it says 22nd. Unless they like to falsely advertise when they air Naruto.
There was a translation error in their work. They also correct it in their web site too. At the end it clearly says "Ni Jyu ku" which is 29th. So its not 22nd.

P.S. Cool avator . Is it from a specific anime ?.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-16 at 04:21.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 04:25   Link #33
indicatoto101

Well that was a slow episode. Hmph. What is even neccessary to show 5 seconds of Gaara doing the motion for Sand Coffin? Hmph. Practically nothing happened. Hmph. While I appreciate his calculative and calm demeanor, but to have no reactions when your arm was just ripped off is lame. He even had the nerve to call Gaara emotionless. A 3 from me. Hmph.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 04:36   Link #34
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
Well that was a slow episode. Hmph. What is even neccessary to show 5 seconds of Gaara doing the motion for Sand Coffin? Hmph. Practically nothing happened. Hmph. While I appreciate his calculative and calm demeanor, but to have no reactions when your arm was just ripped off is lame. He even had the nerve to call Gaara emotionless. A 3 from me. Hmph.
Yeah got to agree on the Sand coffin.

Also about Diadra calling Gaara emotionless, well you cant blame the guy . He has only met him once and in that battle Gaara wasnt showing any emotions. I think Diadra was pissed about the fact that he had so much problem against him while Gaara was so calm and fighting as if it is nothing to him. Without His( Diadra) cheap methods , he cant match Gaara ( my favorite character in naruto ) .
Old 2007-03-16, 05:11   Link #35
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
There was a translation error in their work. They also correct it in their web site too. At the end it clearly says "Ni Jyu ku" which is 29th. So its not 22nd.

P.S. Cool avator . Is it from a specific anime ?.
Ahh I see.

The avatar is from the series Fate/stay Night
Old 2007-03-16, 05:12   Link #36
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

slow=boring, ffs come up with some good filler fights, fast ones, that look good, instead of making everything in slow mo.
that way we won't get a new filler arc to.
And about the producers don't wanting to do another filler arc, well this is practically already a filler arc, since it nowhere near the old naruto before the fillers started.
story just happen to be from the manga.
Old 2007-03-16, 07:23   Link #37
IMSabbel

Well, those dragonball Z comparisons are usually not very justified. But this time around, those 5 episodes really look like they have the same problem than dragonball had:
Stretching out the manga to one episode per chapter.
It just kills pacing.
It will make a certain battle lateron last for many months.

It seems they are really aiming for naruto to be an endless series (as even with the ok 2chapters/episode pacing, they would have material for >1.5 years till catching up)
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 08:19   Link #38
Naruto139
Naruto is da greatest!!!

Send a message via MSN to Naruto139
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
Well, those dragonball Z comparisons are usually not very justified. But this time around, those 5 episodes really look like they have the same problem than dragonball had:
Stretching out the manga to one episode per chapter.
It just kills pacing.
It will make a certain battle lateron last for many months.

It seems they are really aiming for naruto to be an endless series (as even with the ok 2chapters/episode pacing, they would have material for >1.5 years till catching up)
the past 2 eps were juss they really do stretch it to much nd they added sum other stuff not in da manga nd wen the series came out i thot that the gaara fight would have been 1 episode
Naruto139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 09:53   Link #39
Nvenya

I think I'm done with Shippuden. It may seem like an overeaction, but I think I am just going to have to live with the fact that the anime is over for me and stick with the manga. I have a bad feeling that they are going to continue to destroy the anime with senseless filler, annoying flashbacks and slow-motion fights. I've no intention of punishing myself hoping for something that might not come considering their track record.
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 11:26   Link #40
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
My favorite part of the episode was when Gaara grabbed Deidara's arm with the sand. And then sloooooowly extended his hand for about fifteen seconds. And then crushed it thirty seconds after that. They really should have called it Naruto Z.
"Naruto Zzzz..." would have been more fitting.

I'll give Shippuuden a few more weeks, I can't imagine that they'd keep this pacing up forever, that would just be bizarre (why the need for two years of filler?).
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, weekly episode discussion