AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-15, 05:46   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, there are 4 versions of Mag mell (or maybe more?)

メグメル (original, game version)
メグメル ~ cockool mix (remix for the game)
メグメル ~frequency⇒e Ver.~ (movie version)
メグメル ~ cockool mix 2007 (anime version)

in fact, i think the version used for the preview is the original one without lyrics.

for your question, you talk about Mag Mell? If so, yeah, it is the same singer and composer: Riya (voice) and Eufonius (composer)
Old 2007-10-15, 05:51   Link #62
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

in fact, i think the version used for the preview is the original one without lyrics.

for your question, you talk about Mag Mell? If so, yeah, it is the same singer and composer: Riya (voice) and Eufonius (composer)
oh its spelled out Meg mell?
And theres four versions...thats a lot. And even the movie gets its own version of the song also.
Yea, as for my question, I was referring to the song "Megumeru"...but I didn't know it was spelled "Mag Mell"...well I learned something new.
thanks for the info!
Old 2007-10-15, 05:57   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, it is indeed written as "megumeru" in katakana. In fact, the "official" romaji is a reference to the irish mythology, a bit similar to Vahalla, heaven, etc. Here is the wikipedia article.

I guess, it might be less confusing if either of the 2 is used by everyone, but meh
Old 2007-10-15, 06:06   Link #64
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Well, it is indeed written as "megumeru" in katakana. In fact, the "official" romaji is a reference to the irish mythology, a bit similar to Vahalla, heaven, etc. Here is the wikipedia article.

I guess, it might be less confusing if either of the 2 is used by everyone, but meh
oh thats cool, but judging from the Wikipedia article on Mag Mell, it seems that the description of the mythology actually fits in with the theme of Clannad, and that is a parallel world where wishes come true...well thats how Nagisa said in episode 2. Other than the other theme of Clannad, which is family, the ending is a nice way of displaying that theme. Plus in this mythology thing, the article also says its a place where death and sickness is never present.
Are the lyrics of Mag mell kind of describing this mythology?...or is the song just named to depict the image of the mythology for Clannad's world in Nagisa's eyes?
Old 2007-10-15, 07:08   Link #65
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:

riya only sings the original version. eufonius sings the anime version and movie versions. I'm unsure about who sings the remix.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-10-15, 07:19   Link #66
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
riya only sings the original version. eufonius sings the anime version and movie versions. I'm unsure about who sings the remix.
Riya sings them all. Riya is the vocalist of eufonius. cockool is another member. I believe frequency⇒e is also another member of eufonius.
Old 2007-10-15, 07:23   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ that's what i was thinking because the singer was most likely the same (or twin? because except some intonations, the song is completely the same, and only the music is different )
Old 2007-10-15, 10:35   Link #68
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Does anyone know what does Meg Mell means?
Old 2007-10-15, 10:45   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If we consider the wikipedia article i linked earlier, it should mean "plain of joy"
Old 2007-10-15, 11:48   Link #70
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Riya sings them all. Riya is the vocalist of eufonius. cockool is another member. I believe frequency⇒e is also another member of eufonius.
Ah, thanks. It's just that the lyrics for the different songs credit differently.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-10-15, 16:23   Link #71
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
<3 the op theme so much x.x One of the first rips I encoded this season.

Last edited by Zilveari; 2007-10-15 at 16:27. Reason: Forgot this thread isnt general disc, spent too much time in the fansubbed subforum ;/
Old 2007-10-17, 11:08   Link #72
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

TAMUSIC (a doujin group specializing in Touhou and, to a lesser extent, Key music) is releasing a collection of 85 piano scores from Kanon, Air, Clannad, Planetarian and Tomoyo After. The cost is 4,500 yen and the profit will goto various charity organizations.

Unless you are living in Japan, you have to go through some proxy service to purchase it since they are not accepting foreign orders currently (due to some paypal problems?),
Old 2007-10-17, 12:35   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's times like this that i hate the fact that i live so far away. I'm gonna have to see my contacts.
Old 2007-10-19, 06:56   Link #74
Arieaesu

I just need to say this to correct some things...

Riya is the vocalist of eufonius.

frequency=>e is the name of eufonius' official website and they have an "online radio" (which is a recorded session of Kikuchi and Riya doing a "radio show", so therefore it's not a broadcast and is downloadable)

Kikuchi does all the arrangements and some of the compositions, whilst Riya is the vocalist and also the composer for eufonius' songs.

Riya was part of refio (a "group" made up of Myu and Riya) whilst also doing some solo works for some of Key's visual novels.

refio split sometime during the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005 and then Riya formed eufonius with Kikuchi.

Myu (the other member of refio) formed kukui, which is made up of Myu herself and Haruka Shimotsuki (vocalist for all of the atelier series opening songs).

Riya and Shimotsuki once did a duet for a visual novel by the name of Akaiito (song's called "Mawaru Sekai De"). So we can pretty much assume that Riya and Shimotsuki are fairly well acquainted.

Went a bit off topic there but it's just some info.
Old 2007-10-19, 07:01   Link #75
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Oooh... thanks for clearing all that up Arieaesu! I was figuring some of the info I had was a bit off.
Old 2007-10-19, 19:42   Link #76
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
just got the OST, I find the Opening alright, i mean its good, but I like Key's other openings better, like Kanon or Air. But I really love the piano and slow pieces, always gives a good feeling of tranquility, great for studying before a test. Its on my playlist right now
Old 2007-10-23, 07:18   Link #77
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
TAMUSIC (a doujin group specializing in Touhou and, to a lesser extent, Key music) is releasing a collection of 85 piano scores from Kanon, Air, Clannad, Planetarian and Tomoyo After. The cost is 4,500 yen and the profit will goto various charity organizations.

Unless you are living in Japan, you have to go through some proxy service to purchase it since they are not accepting foreign orders currently (due to some paypal problems?),
Ahhh

That's a real shame, I would've really liked to have purchased that.
Old 2007-10-23, 07:31   Link #78
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post

Anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on one of these?
Old 2007-10-23, 08:24   Link #79
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

does anyone have any idea where i'd get my hands on the score for the dango song in the ED? i've been picking away at it for an hour or two on the piano but i cant seem to land the right notes. i'm particularly interested in getting my hands on the melody so i can turn it into a ringtone or something.
Old 2007-10-23, 10:28   Link #80
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on one of these?
You can purchase the item through a proxy service provider (middleman). Some suggestions are :
Akibabo
Shopping Mall Japan
CELGA

Please note that the handling charge will not be cheap (expect around 80% markup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
does anyone have any idea where i'd get my hands on the score for the dango song in the ED? i've been picking away at it for an hour or two on the piano but i cant seem to land the right notes. i'm particularly interested in getting my hands on the melody so i can turn it into a ringtone or something.
I can only find the score for 小さな手のひら (Game's ED. Dango Daikazoku is actually a variation of it.)

Hope it helps.
Closed Thread