4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-07, 19:59   Link #61
dxgarten

A tribute to Archer

"Upset" is not enough to describe what I feel at the moment. I was hoping for a different path and instead this is what I got. On the positive side, the fight between Archer and Berserker was awesome. T_T
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 20:08   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats a good tribute you've done there dxgarten.. really good stuff.
Old 2006-04-07, 20:10   Link #63
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

From the screencaps this seems to be an action-packed episode, and I smell some DRAMA! brewing in the air, godamnit. Can't wait.

As for the recharge thing:
Spoiler:
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 20:16   Link #64
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

man i really hope they show a little bit about what happened after berserker and archer go at it in the UBW. Maybe in an Illya flashback I hope. When Berserker got back before he healed the last time he looked f'ed up! Rin is my favorite character in the series but she loses a couple of points for ignoring archer all series and chasing Shirou's skirt. What really makes me mad is that Rin and the others won't know how cool he went out, so sad.

I hope there is at least some more Archer action in a flashback, but even if not it was a sweet fight. Archer man, you went down like a playa.
Wadjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 20:17   Link #65
DwArD
mAnIaC

I don't care as long as its ShirouxSaber and not RinxSaber. I don't mind ShirouxRin but....anyway, I'm more concerned with Rin's expression in the preview. She looks like she's planning something rather than helping Shirou. However......
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-07, 21:04   Link #66
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten
A tribute to Archer

"Upset" is not enough to describe what I feel at the moment. I was hoping for a different path and instead this is what I got. On the positive side, the fight between Archer and Berserker was awesome. T_T
I have to agree with you for the most part, however, if they don't show more of Archer's UBW working on berserker, it'll just cheapen the overall badassness that is Unlimited Blade Works.

I gave this episode a 9(none have gotten a 10 as of yet). Archer went out with a bang, as the most badass character in the story IMO. I really hope the rumors about the story being different past episode 16, because as it stands right now, the Fate arc is only going to give it an 8/10 rating from me. As romantic as it was, I felt UBW and HF had their fair share, and yet also added alot more intensity, drama, and overall badassness from the characters.
Old 2006-04-07, 21:09   Link #67
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I can forgive Shirou for running like a girl, but Archer... You own me the cleaning fees for a lot of spewed coffee.

Other than that, the episode was just like I predicted: Archer showing off all his abilities against Berserker (well, except Rho Aias) before going. It was kinda cool to hear his Unlimited Blade Works chant. Award goes to Suwabe Junichi for his excellent pronounciations. ^^;

The only part that felt weird to me was when Archer took out Caladbolg II and shot it at Berserker. It felt as if Berserker just floated there in midair, waiting for Archer to finish the whole "taking the sword out, taking the bow out, turning sword into an arrow, lining the shot up, aiming it at berserker" before moving again.

And Berserker's voice... I'm used to it now, but the game's roars are still 100x better.

As for エミヤ, I'm just glad they played it at all. The game's version was better (same with Excalibur (I loved the ataraxia version)), but it's better than nothing. Also, the ED animation showing Archer's cloak disappearing, leaving Rin's pendant behind, was wonderfully done.

Next episode will finally be the "recharge scene", which was already revealed in the preview spoilers in the FAQ thread. I'm interested to see if the "alternate method" is actually something convincing, or just random BS.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-07 at 21:19.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:16   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The only part that felt weird to me was when Archer took out Caladbolg II and shot it at Berserker. It felt as if Berserk just floated there in midair, waiting for Archer to finish the whole "taking sword out, turning it into an arrow, taking the bow out, lining the shot up, aiming it at berserker" before moving again.
Thinking about it now.. it was a lil' annoying, though if i just focus on whats going on, it doesn't really bother me.

Quote:
As for エミヤ, I'm just glad they played it at all. The game's version was better (same with Excalibur (I loved the ataraxia version)), but it's better than nothing.
Yeah, i had a feeling right before i started watching the episode that it was going to appear, and with it being a BGM that has around five different versions to it.. its good to hear another one.

Quote:
Also, the ED animation showing Archer's cloak disappearing, leaving Rin's pendant behind, was wonderfully done.
Yeah, a good tribute to Archer if you must say.. also - its adds onto all the hints about who Archer really is.
Old 2006-04-07, 21:30   Link #69
Mr. Guy

Caladbolg was also rather short... I'm hoping they fix that up for the DVD. I'm glad that Archer's bow was also enlarged from the puny thing it was in the Curtain Raiser.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:34   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Watching this episode again & again.. gaah i want a OST! ;_;
Old 2006-04-07, 22:28   Link #71
KJlost

Spoiler:
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 23:04   Link #72
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

re-edit this post, dont wanna ask about spoiler questions in this thread, anyways is that a new ending that i see? i havent watch it yet..but i wanna know
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 23:32   Link #73
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJlost
Spoiler:
Heheh, anyone find this funny too? Or maybe its because I'm immature
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 23:49   Link #74
ordnance11

Now, why didn't Archer kill Ilya when he had the chance rather than knocking out the light?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 23:53   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Now, why didn't Archer kill Ilya when he had the chance rather than knocking out the light?
because Archer is a lolicon
Old 2006-04-07, 23:55   Link #76
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^ Well, considering who he really is, that is plausible
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 01:31   Link #77
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....is it just me or Archer really do care for Shirou to a certain extent? He kept on giving Shirou hint on his ability. Anyway, I'm sad to see Archer go. For an instance, I thought Ilya realised who Archer is but...oh well. Really sad to see Archer go without anyone even realising who he really is. Damn Berserker. He cheats death while Archer ended up disappearing (not going to reveal too much). Oh well.....at least Archer managed to deplete Berserker's life. Now I'm really going to kill someone if Shirou didn't listen to any of Archer's words and practice.

Oh yeah.....I still think Rin looks weird in the preview. She doesn't look that trustworthy anymore though....let's hope I'm wrong.

Edit: I read the game spoiler again and if they continue along in the path....
Spoiler:

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-04-08 at 02:04.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 02:08   Link #78
Eclipze

^ Berserker didnt cheat death: Since we do know who he is, go read up about his heroic spirit. Ilya even said that Berserker died 5 times in the hands of Archer. Go figure.

Regarding Archer's identity...if you mean no-one in the anime knows who he is, then you're probably right. If you're interested though...the speculation thread.

Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 02:31   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
I don't care as long as its ShirouxSaber and not RinxSaber. I don't mind ShirouxRin but....anyway, I'm more concerned with Rin's expression in the preview. She looks like she's planning something rather than helping Shirou. However......
Spoiler:
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2006-04-08, 02:52   Link #80
Freakman

Spoiler Warning :
There's a huge spoil in Memento's blog (that was posted on top of that page), so people that like their anime unspoiled should try not to read the comments.

Note : Also try not to read the user comments, spoilers abound there.

Last edited by Freakman; 2006-04-08 at 05:09.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote