AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 19:01   Link #4741
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Wait, does the Archangel carry multiple Striker packs? Ah, never mind, I'll just wait and see how they do it. Hopefully, I'll be satisfied with their decision.
I assume they still had the regular packs. The Aile pack for Perfect Strike is modified. It isn't a regular Aile pack.

Also if they didn't have multiple packs, Mwu couldn't keep on going up with the Launcher Sky Grasper after the Launcher getting destroyed on multiple occasions.

And when Kira went out using the Aile in the final battle against Waltfield, it was asked if he was fine with just the Aile when Mwu again launched with the Launcher equipped Sky Grasper. I take it if Kira wanted to, he could also equip himself with the Launcher.

Quote:
The same reason he didn't do it in the original version, because he didn't think it would matter. It was only after he actually fought against Rau that he realized he was poorly equipped.
I took it as he didn't have a choice since he couldn't reequip since the Archangel was in the middle of a ship vs ship battle. Couldn't exactly afford to have the Archangel go in a straight line, get the Strike to line up with the catapult, and launch the new pack.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:14   Link #4742
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I took it as he didn't have a choice since he couldn't reequip since the Archangel was in the middle of a ship vs ship battle. Couldn't exactly afford to have the Archangel go in a straight line, get the Strike to line up with the catapult, and launch the new pack.....
Thus, proving the benefit of launching with the Perfect Strike from the beginning. You never know when you need something different.

It'll be disappointing if they didn't do a single change to even acknowledge the Perfect Strike.

But whatever... enough about Mu and Rau.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:24   Link #4743
I Fail at Life

In regards to something else: Perfect Strike vs Providence i would think slightly edges out Freedom vs Providence in terms of priority when it comes to budget. Because Freedom vs Providence already has established animation, and i think no reused scenes. So if they were to add anything to the Freedom vs Providence fight, then much less effort and money would be required.

While Perfect Strike vs Providence would require much more.

Highest to Lowest I think in terms of priority:
1.Perfect Strike vs Providence *slightly*
2.Freedom vs Providence
3.Freedom Justice vs Druggies
4.And if they have the budget for anything else or even the one ''above''

Then again this is all just speculation. Or is it
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:46   Link #4744
monster

I think priority, above all else, should be whether Mu uses the Perfect Strike at the end. And if he does, would they change his end? Because the Perfect Strike uses the Sword Striker shield instead of the Aile Striker shield.
Old 2012-09-22, 22:39   Link #4745
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I think priority, above all else, should be whether Mu uses the Perfect Strike at the end. And if he does, would they change his end? Because the Perfect Strike uses the Sword Striker shield instead of the Aile Striker shield.
the great thing about the "Perfect Strike" concept is that you can practically make another build with just a rifle, the sword the missile launchers and CIWS, and the aile's shield
Old 2012-09-22, 22:51   Link #4746
monster

That's a logical conclusion, but I wonder if they will implement it.
Old 2012-09-25, 08:24   Link #4747
Somnus
Eh?

You know, SEED is my favourite series, but I waved off the HD remaster as a gimmick. Gave into curiousity and saw some comparison pics of 38, 39, 40 and realized I made a mistake. It looks fantastic. I must watch at once. What episode is the airing at? Will the be doing the same for Destiny (I can't remember if it was already made with higher production values).
Old 2012-09-25, 08:39   Link #4748
Destined_Fate

Considering they showed Shinn twice in the HD remaster it's pretty obvious they're going to push for a Destiny remaster. Don't expect a miracle or anything... At least we may get to see Lunamaria and Shinn use the Impulse Destiny in a remaster like how they incorporated the Perfect Strike into the SEED HD remaster.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 09:45   Link #4749
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
You know, SEED is my favourite series, but I waved off the HD remaster as a gimmick. Gave into curiousity and saw some comparison pics of 38, 39, 40 and realized I made a mistake. It looks fantastic. I must watch at once. What episode is the airing at? Will the be doing the same for Destiny (I can't remember if it was already made with higher production values).
It's currently on ep.40 (42 from the original). The episode where Eternal launches for the first time.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:56   Link #4750
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Considering they showed Shinn twice in the HD remaster it's pretty obvious they're going to push for a Destiny remaster. Don't expect a miracle or anything... At least we may get to see Lunamaria and Shinn use the Impulse Destiny in a remaster like how they incorporated the Perfect Strike into the SEED HD remaster.
Destiny Impulse is inferior to the Impulse and Destiny.... It's a ment for weapon testing not combat. Plus it already has a pilot. This Guy >

He is a basically a "what if Kira never got himself in a Gundam and just graduated and became a test pilot" version of Kira. Just like Kira he is a prodigy who never got proper training but is still ridiculously good in a MS. He might even have SEED abilities.. I don't see how Luna is better than him.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:30   Link #4751
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And his name is Courtney.

Why the fuck do they keep applying western girl names to male characters in Gundam?
Old 2012-09-25, 23:35   Link #4752
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why the fuck do they keep applying western girl names to male characters in Gundam?
On the bright side, at least he had a proper name. Gender-flipped maybe, but a proper name. Other names are either downright funny or simply doesn't make a lick of sense. Like... Elpeo Ple, for example.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 00:51   Link #4753
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Do you guys remember (or aware) of Agnes from Delta Astray? Seriously, a man named Agnes ?!! Agnus or Magnus is still good, but Agnes?!!
Old 2012-09-27, 05:41   Link #4754
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
Destiny Impulse is inferior to the Impulse and Destiny.... It's a ment for weapon testing not combat. Plus it already has a pilot. This Guy >

He is a basically a "what if Kira never got himself in a Gundam and just graduated and became a test pilot" version of Kira. Just like Kira he is a prodigy who never got proper training but is still ridiculously good in a MS. He might even have SEED abilities.. I don't see how Luna is better than him.
Nu Gundam was never finished and was still in the test phase when it was used due to rushed roll out, it still demolished everything it ran into.

Besides, Shinn and Lunamaria are ZAFT Reds. They'll make the Destiny Impulse look good.
Old 2012-09-27, 23:45   Link #4755
monster

Does anybody else get a content warning when trying to view the English version of episode 41 on YouTube? Do I just have to wait for someone to rate it as safe?
Old 2012-09-28, 00:15   Link #4756
Rickketik

Quote:
Nu Gundam was never finished and was still in the test phase when it was used due to rushed roll out, it still demolished everything it ran into.

Besides, Shinn and Lunamaria are ZAFT Reds. They'll make the Destiny Impulse look good.
I don't understand. Why do they need the Destiny Impulse? It's not a better mobile suit.
Plus I don't think Luna is better than Courtney.... or any other named pilot in CE to be honest.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:59   Link #4757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not sure how it'd be considered "inferior" beyond anything but the power source. While it lacks the Palma Fiocina hand cannons, the Destiny Impulse has two anti-ship swords and two beam cannons in addition to the beam boomerangs and wings of light. Not to mention the Impulse's core block system and default armaments.
Old 2012-09-28, 02:41   Link #4758
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Courtney damaged 3 Proto-Chaos units by maneuvering them at max speed, he also wiped out an entire squadron of MS in a Zaku. Luna's a joke compared to him.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 03:03   Link #4759
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Remaster ep 41... it's too bad that they Mwu didn't use Perfect Strike in this skirmish.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:22   Link #4760
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Courtney damaged 3 Proto-Chaos units by maneuvering them at max speed, he also wiped out an entire squadron of MS in a Zaku. Luna's a joke compared to him.
That's nothing, Shinn one shotted Destroy Gundams as did Rey and Lunamaria.

That guy is a joke compared to Team Shinn and Team Kira.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep