AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-20, 16:39   Link #281
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Only Gaijins, eats not with sticks...

We have Spoon and so on.. but the Japan eats with chopsticks...

I think that is the key, what he/her means

Mfg,
Seska

ooo..LOLZ! sry my mind wasnt generating quite well(mostly all the time).. its midnight 5 am here..arr should be refer as morning >_>
i totally forgotten the part where they are having meals at dark valley..
cos there wasnt many ppl who refer chopstick as a short form of "stick" in my country..

moshiwake gozaimasu..wrong assumption for mistaking info...
Old 2006-03-20, 17:20   Link #282
AssistantArinkoBully

I just realized something. Wasn't Mashiro's title in MH the Crystal Princess since she acutally resided in a crystal? If Mikoto is the crystal princess doesn't that make her the person inside the crystal? My guess is that MO really is an alternate reality of MH in that Mai did not destroy the Obsidan Lord but rather Mikoto took Mashiro's place in the crystal apparatus.
Old 2006-03-20, 17:33   Link #283
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mai-Otome episode 23 screenshot gallery updated with synopsis.

Adoru's My Otome (Mai Otome) Blog and Fansite
Old 2006-03-20, 21:02   Link #284
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssistantArinkoBully
I just realized something. Wasn't Mashiro's title in MH the Crystal Princess since she acutally resided in a crystal? If Mikoto is the crystal princess doesn't that make her the person inside the crystal? My guess is that MO really is an alternate reality of MH in that Mai did not destroy the Obsidan Lord but rather Mikoto took Mashiro's place in the crystal apparatus.
Doesn't the last remaining HiME be considered the Crystal Princess?
Old 2006-03-20, 21:36   Link #285
Cyz
"Show it to me"

next ep. preview....looks like nina wants to "get it on" with sergey oh! and is it only miyu can see arika's golden hair?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-03-20, 23:21   Link #286
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
And for Arika going into training with Mikoto so late in the series, I'm not that worried that it took place so late. Who knows, maybe Arika would be absent for the next episode until the last minute, when she appears in style and powered up, just like Ichigo from Bleach.
Maybe Arika's weapon can be like Zangetsu when using Urahara's dummy technique in Bleach, manifesting itself in the real world and kicking the crap out of Arika to train her to reach, what? Bankai, maybe.

And Mikoto will be playing the role of Yoruichi, taking Arika to the secret underground training facility and then later taking her to the hot springs after a training session ends.
Old 2006-03-21, 06:25   Link #287
astrallionheart

It's also possible the only thing is going to happen is that Arika is going to get faster/stronger/bustier after this training, since it unlike Ichigo prior to training, Arika already has a ultimate/nuke attack.
Old 2006-03-21, 07:45   Link #288
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like to think Arika is going to become smarter and more skilful with her atacks ... since Natsuki and Smith said she can't use the robe at it's full power we can expct a change in appereance ... since becoming stronger would requare a change in caracter (defenetly need that )and it has been sugested earlier in the searies that feelings have they're role (otherwise we would have just one type of robe like the Valkeries )
Old 2006-03-21, 15:22   Link #289
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Angry YAY~!! and ARRRGH

I have to admit this was an interesting and informative episode. After going what 23 episodes later. It was certainly good to see 'Mai' and 'Mikoto' again. Gotta love "feral" girls.

Well, so far I was somewhat on the mark. Especially about the princess and the gem. The only thing that was still the question was who the real princess was. But after watching the episode I was a little confused until I ran it around in my head again. It was mainly about the gemstone. I was trying to figure out how the gem got back in 'Arika's hand even though 'Miyu' mentioned it. Then I realized the confusion came from all the "bones" that Sunrise was throwing to keep people guessing. Just to end up back to what we had suspected all along. Then again the 2nd OP also give you a clue. The 2 scenes. The one where 'Arika' is wearing the blue robe and when 'Rena' fades to 'Arika'. Which can be interpreted as "successor" or "Rena's daughter.

To the person who quoted me awhile back, saying that the gem doesn't necessarily get passed down. And I have to agree on that. Back to the speculation I made earlier is that 'Rena' put the gem on the royal heir as identification. Because technically the gem goes back to the royal family. So they can choose one worth of being 'Rena's successor for the future royal family. But I had a lot of problems with this. Most of it has to do with 'Nina'.

Surise must have been trying to put way to much into getting this new season out, because there's enough "holes" for a 'Mack' truck to pass through.

First, if 'Nina' was the princess (that's if she is, I don't trust Sunrise) where the hell did she end up? From what we can see now there was only 1 capsule. When 'Rena' sent the princess off to safety. So of course she expected that she would be found and make it's way back safely. Apparently, that didn't end up being the case. Someone found it. Miyu found 'Arika' as she stated. Now think about this for a second, don't you think that whoever found the capsule would have known that it wasn't ordinary? It's ornate enough. And if they looked inside, and saw there was a baby with a gem on common sense would tell that person that this is no ordinary baby. Lowlifes or regulars are not that stupid to not know that this child is special. And with the buzz going around...c'mon! Yet the gem was stolen and being sold in 'Artai'. Which is where 'Miyu' found and retrieved it. My thoughts are they wanted the gem. Having a child in your custody would cause too much notice and too much trouble. Especially, when you have royal forces out looking for it. Either leave it where it is, let someone else deal with it or dump it somewhere else.

Second, how did Nina' end up in the underground bunker for assassin trainers? We know this because it's one of her earliest memories that she remembers the most (ep. 11, HAPPY☆BIRTHDAY). The full info. doesn't come until later. Which is when 'Nagi' comes across documentation concerning the incident and 'Nina. And from the photos he notices the capsule and compares it with the photo of the Windbloom's royal family. If it was a DNA test, it would be a 100% match. Do assassins normally train babies? It's a funny thought though I don't think they would take them in that young. I would gather that they are enlisting them from some place else. Considering the type of poverty on the streets of 'Artai', you either grab kids from an orphanage or off the streets. "Want to eat, earn it when you learn to kill." From that scene in ep. 11 it makes me wonder if 'Nina' was ever in an orphanage or living the life of a "street rat". Back to the bunker Now, if 'Nina' remember's being in the bunker why doesn't she remember the capsule? If that area was her own personal space then she had to remember that the capsule would have some answers to her past that she would have to unlock. But never once is it mentioned. 'Nina', never once questions further about her past. Who her father or her mother was. Even if she considered the capsule an important possession she would still recall it and wonder where it came from and where she came from. Even with 'Arika's blabbing about finding her mother triggers nothing in 'Nina' other than 'Arika' being 'Rena's successor and a "home-wrecker". But all that has been bypassed for 'Mr. Sergay'. "As long he's at my side I don't need anyone else." Hmmm, this is why you have friends to TALK THINGS OUT! "Don't need friends if I have to kill them one day." Now this is causing a conflict. You love and care about your rival. And deep down inside you really DON'T want to do what it is you're doing. As far as the "father-complex", well...I think that went deeper anyway. Surely, many remember 'Nemo' and 'Electra' (Nadia).

As for 'Mashiro' she will probably end up being the last piece of the puzzle. I would put my bet on her having a connection to 'Fumi' the way her counterpart did in 'MH'. But I wonder if anyone an 'otome' chooses can be a master. That's something to think about. If 'Mikoto' could swallow 'Mai's gem and still make a contract because she's the 'Crystal Princess', then what was the reason why 'Mashiro' was able to make a contract with 'Arika'. What are the rules? Can a ordinary person be a master or does this only apply to those of royal ties? If so then 'Mashiro' has to be someone of importance. If she isn't of royal blood then she may have that "something" that overrides the rule. Just because she may not be the princess doesn't mean that she can't *BE one. I'm sort of looking into 'Miyu's words.

As far a blog I read about 'Arika' and 'Nina' not changing so much. In a way they did a bit. It's just that on the surface they're acting out their "original" ideals. While 'Arika' was too quick at the chance of being a 'otome' she had to mull over some situations and decisions. This was what Miss Maria was trying to drill into peoples heads. That being an 'otome' is not an easy decision. And once you become one there's no turning back. Mashiro is the only one that really showed bigger growth. So the only thing left to do is try and help 'Nina'. 'Nina' is really having a hard time. And if you really look at it she sort of chose being an 'otome' for the wrong reason too. Now that she's become on under bad circumstances she now feels a heavier burden. But is still willing to carry out what has to be done whether it might be right or wrong. Remember, an 'otome's job is to serve. Surely, we remember 'Fia'. Again, something else Miss Maria was trying to point out. Yes, she goes a little overboard, but hey blame Sunrise for writing the character this way. But in reality she is a very tragic character. Because even she doesn't know what to do anymore than follow through with 'Nagi's plan if that will make things better. So she's really psychologically messed up. And having all that power doesn't make it any better. The irony lies in the 2nd OP. Windbloom's princess -vs-Windbloom's otome.

As far as the 'MH' connection. Too much info. for me to fathom or even care about.

Well, I guess that my 30 cents. I wanted to sort of get this off my chest because it was eating at me during dinner-time. Hopefully, ep. 24 will have some more answers. Then 25-26 back-to-back if that's true. Of course I'll be away when that happens.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-03-21, 16:36   Link #290
Pazu
F

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
moshiwake gozaimasu..wrong assumption for mistaking info...
It is my mistake, I should use the proper word.

On the other note: when Natsuki sees Mashiro, she calls her Mashiro-hime. AFAIK Mashiro fromally is the queen. So is it just sriptwriters mistake, another hint suggesting connections to MH, or Natsuki's assumption that Mashiro is really a fake (did she know this already?)?
Old 2006-03-21, 18:03   Link #291
defiant

Thoughts after watching Mai-HiME episode 26 and possible connection to Mai-Otome

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-21, 21:25   Link #292
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant
Thoughts after watching Mai-HiME episode 26 and possible connection to Mai-Otome

Spoiler:
Er...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-21, 22:11   Link #293
defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Er...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-21, 22:13   Link #294
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant
Spoiler:
Then, yes, that would be a more fitting relation between MH and MO. However, that did not occur, hence the most fitting linkage between the 2 series is that MO is the sequence of an alternate MH.
Old 2006-03-21, 22:41   Link #295
gashunum

What if the "fake movie" is real instead?
Old 2006-03-21, 22:59   Link #296
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum
What if the "fake movie" is real instead?
I think it's quite possible that the movie is partially real. In the sense that the general events shown in the trailer do play out. However obviously with some changes to make it work better. As well as the fact that even then I doubt, they'll ever make the movie unless they are connvinced to. By err the power of "yen" yeah that's it.
Old 2006-03-21, 23:31   Link #297
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
When someone said feelings have an influence in power? How will that work for our little ant-girl? The last few episodes seem to point that Erstin will be a motivating factor for her since she does get emotional thinking about her.

As a side note, was I amused when she brought her up when she was using Mai as a pillow set. *Mikoto will be jealous* I don't know if Mai might remind Arika of Erstin in some ways or not.
Old 2006-03-22, 03:17   Link #298
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno

First, if 'Nina' was the princess (that's if she is, I don't trust Sunrise) where the hell did she end up? From what we can see now there was only 1 capsule. When 'Rena' sent the princess off to safety. So of course she expected that she would be found and make it's way back safely. Apparently, that didn't end up being the case. Someone found it. Miyu found 'Arika' as she stated. Now think about this for a second, don't you think that whoever found the capsule would have known that it wasn't ordinary? It's ornate enough. And if they looked inside, and saw there was a baby with a gem on common sense would tell that person that this is no ordinary baby. Lowlifes or regulars are not that stupid to not know that this child is special. And with the buzz going around...c'mon! Yet the gem was stolen and being sold in 'Artai'. Which is where 'Miyu' found and retrieved it. My thoughts are they wanted the gem. Having a child in your custody would cause too much notice and too much trouble. Especially, when you have royal forces out looking for it. Either leave it where it is, let someone else deal with it or dump it somewhere else.

Second, how did Nina' end up in the underground bunker for assassin trainers? We know this because it's one of her earliest memories that she remembers the most (ep. 11, HAPPY☆BIRTHDAY). The full info. doesn't come until later. Which is when 'Nagi' comes across documentation concerning the incident and 'Nina. And from the photos he notices the capsule and compares it with the photo of the Windbloom's royal family. If it was a DNA test, it would be a 100% match. Do assassins normally train babies? It's a funny thought though I don't think they would take them in that young. I would gather that they are enlisting them from some place else. Considering the type of poverty on the streets of 'Artai', you either grab kids from an orphanage or off the streets. "Want to eat, earn it when you learn to kill." From that scene in ep. 11 it makes me wonder if 'Nina' was ever in an orphanage or living the life of a "street rat". Back to the bunker Now, if 'Nina' remember's being in the bunker why doesn't she remember the capsule? If that area was her own personal space then she had to remember that the capsule would have some answers to her past that she would have to unlock. But never once is it mentioned. 'Nina', never once questions further about her past. Who her father or her mother was. Even if she considered the capsule an important possession she would still recall it and wonder where it came from and where she came from. Even with 'Arika's blabbing about finding her mother triggers nothing in 'Nina' other than 'Arika' being 'Rena's successor and a "home-wrecker". But all that has been bypassed for 'Mr. Sergay'. "As long he's at my side I don't need anyone else." Hmmm, this is why you have friends to TALK THINGS OUT! "Don't need friends if I have to kill them one day." Now this is causing a conflict. You love and care about your rival. And deep down inside you really DON'T want to do what it is you're doing. As far as the "father-complex", well...I think that went deeper anyway. Surely, many remember 'Nemo' and 'Electra' (Nadia).

hmmm... its kind of harsh esp for this (since they added so much filler for just 26 esp) that miyu just revealed everything thing...
the things is that the gem being sold to artai was quite unbelieveable as u had mentioned...normal ppl woudnt be that stupid to just presume that child as a normal citizen and sold away the gem when they judged that the gem could be sold at a value price. after i read pastprime theory..it come to my sense that actually the prob was just simple as that.(true or false?..speculation still remind the best for now)

this is anime that created by sunrise..anything can happened ,even dumb heroic char have their glory...

we have no prove that whether or how did nina end up wif those bad guys that train kids to become assassin. what we know was that the baby flow away wif the capsule and with the gem attached, so miyu had reveal that nina is the real princess...so we now can assume that the baby in the capsule is nina(since it left only 3 esp left..i can only trust everything the prove shown now..)

nina didnt give any damn memory of that capsule isnt because she was still young at that age?? lets assume that the bad guys really did wanted to train the baby, of couse they needed to take out the baby from the capsule before doing anything further... after nina grows up to the age of 2-3, she saw the capsule and then ask those guys what is it..will they even tell her the history of her being picked by them?

if nina is not the princess?wat is she?
she cant open the harmonium if she is wasnt related to the surpeme bloodline.there is the purpose behind the harmonium to allow only specific ppl to open it.

am not confidence anymore on any of my theory that i have speculate...>_>"
mind u sunrise ><! i know filler is for entertainment, i enjoyed it very much but don give any harsh plot because filler ruin the story..
Old 2006-03-22, 04:29   Link #299
Buwoy

It could be that they just took Nina as the daughter of a rich citizen or a noble, and the gem as some family heirloom. The capsule may be ornate, but it doesn't really identify her as the princess (no royal seal or something). Also, since everything was in chaos there, it wasn't only the royal family who was affected.

As for why nina never asked about the capsule, it could be that she doesn't know it is hers. Her previous "handlers" could have told her that it was just soemthing they had picked up.
Old 2006-03-22, 08:19   Link #300
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog
When someone said feelings have an influence in power? How will that work for our little ant-girl? The last few episodes seem to point that Erstin will be a motivating factor for her since she does get emotional thinking about her.
Since Arika has been represing her feelings towards Nina and otome in general she basicly limited her power ... as I see it the more you express yourself the better (in ep3 or so ... when Arika fouth Nina she was prety strong even thow she never used a robe before) ... Nina is probably getting an upgrade as well since she's finally confesing her feelings towards Sergay ... well this is just a guess

Arika needs more then power to win ... she needs some style