AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-08, 14:13   Link #421
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So... about 12-13 hours into the game... got afew things to point out...

- Jude's a great main character and all... but I still find Luke to be my favourite of the Tales of protags.
- It's a good game and all... but comparing it to Graces f and Vesperia... I find myself liking it better than Vesperia... but less than Graces f.
- Aqua Sweep seems... kinda OP... considering almost every enemy it hits is then knocked down, and upon them getting up... you can repeat.
- The game overall just feels easier than other Tales of games. I've literally had to use no items so far, and I find myself throwing away alot of the Life Bottles, Gels, and other healing items when I find them in chests.

All in all, I'm still loving the game... but it looks like Tales of the Abyss will still forever be my favourite Tales of. On a side note... the trophy list looks surprisingly easy compared to Graces f...
Old 2013-08-08, 14:21   Link #422
GDB

- Milla's technically the main character. Jude was an afterthought because they thought the fans might not be comfortable with a female lead.
- This is common for people who adored Graces F's battle system.
- When knocked down, enemies take only like 10% of the damage they would otherwise take. It's useful, but not OP or anything. Milla's Fireball does the same thing.
- Maybe you're just getting better? Outside of the very first fight in Graces as adult Asbel, I didn't have to use items there either.

If Abyss is your favorite, prepare for Xillia 2. It takes a lot of cues from Abyss in its darker nature and tone.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:11   Link #423
BlueMango

Is it possible to change some of the items used for the Auto-Items function? At this point, I want them to stop using apple and orange gels. Makes it a bit easier for boss battles since I don't use the foods that increase stats during battle. The exp increasing foods make it so much easier to level up during boss battles.

Also, why is Gaius so damn cool and awesome? I was hoping for that 0.001% he would be playable for at least one battle but it was never meant to be.
BlueMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:17   Link #424
GDB

There is, but I don't recall how to do it. And Gaius is so cool because he is THE KING.
Old 2013-08-08, 15:18   Link #425
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMango View Post
Is it possible to change some of the items used for the Auto-Items function? At this point, I want them to stop using apple and orange gels. Makes it a bit easier for boss battles since I don't use the foods that increase stats during battle. The exp increasing foods make it so much easier to level up during boss battles.

Also, why is Gaius so damn cool and awesome? I was hoping for that 0.001% he would be playable for at least one battle but it was never meant to be.
Press triangle during battle, then press square to toggle auto items on/off.
Gaius is all levels of cool and then some more. Doesn't help that I like his outfit too.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:07   Link #426
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Press R3, then the d-pad corresponding to the character you want to switch out
then followed by another for the character you want in

I'm already done with that part but I don't recall Jude being a creepy stalker. If anything, it's just he's getting more and more attracted to Milla.

I actually agree to this. Contrary to what the people have been saying that Jude's unlikeable and stuff. Now, I think it's probably the jp voice actor's (Tsubasa Yonaga) fault for making him sound so wimpy.
And another jab at Tsubasa Yonaga. Honestly, I don't see the problem. Yonaga-san is one of my favorite seiyuus, and when I found out he was paired with Miyuki Sawashiro(another favorite) for this game, I was overcome with joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Probably. I already like the English Jude more than the Japanese version, and that's with both Xillia and Xillia 2 under my belt. In Japanese, he seems too meek and obsessive. In English, he seems competent but not confident, which is how he should be.
Am I only one who likes him?
Old 2013-08-08, 16:26   Link #427
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMango View Post
lol, I guess you'd have to wait for ToX2 since he's a party member there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
And another jab at Tsubasa Yonaga. Honestly, I don't see the problem. Yonaga-san is one of my favorite seiyuus, and when I found out he was paired with Miyuki Sawashiro(another favorite) for this game, I was overcome with joy.
it's not that I don't like Yonaga. I really just don't think he's the perfect fit for Jude. I understand that Jude's 15 and shouldn't have a very low tone but Yonaga made him sound so wimpy. Maybe it's just me.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:36   Link #428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He's okay- I like him in his role as the protagonist in Tasogare Otome Amnesia.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:42   Link #429
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Yonaga was the perfect Jude to me. Fits his adolescence, and Jude isn't the bravest of guys so her way of voicing was splendid. Lets not forget some of the moments Jude mustered up courage, Yonaga did those very well too.
Old 2013-08-08, 17:48   Link #430
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He's okay- I like him in his role as the protagonist in Tasogare Otome Amnesia.
Me too, I love that anime!
Old 2013-08-08, 18:29   Link #431
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
it's not that I don't like Yonaga. I really just don't think he's the perfect fit for Jude. I understand that Jude's 15 and shouldn't have a very low tone but Yonaga made him sound so wimpy. Maybe it's just me.
This. Nova in Arcana Famiglia was done well, but it didn't translate to Jude.
Old 2013-08-08, 19:26   Link #432
finalfury
Incognito

Yonaga has talent no doubt(Jun Yamamoto from Special A is one of his better roles imo) and if he pulled off cool Jun's voice with Jude, I'd be in love.
I just think the industry isn't putting him in good enough roles to showcase his talents but that might just be me. :/
On-topic: Alvin is pretty much a "If you like Raven, you're more likely to like Alvin" sort of character. He's better developed than Jude lol.
Got the 100 black feathers for the Artes ball, so time to equip those 16 artes.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-08-08 at 19:39.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:47   Link #433
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
On-topic: Alvin is pretty much a "If you like Raven, you're more likely to like Alvin" sort of character. He's better developed than Jude lol.
I think Alvin's pretty much more similar to Zelos more than Raven

@Tsubasa Yonaga
the only time I've heard him voice acting was Tasogare. Also, I'm currently watching Free! and he's doing a pretty good job as Nagisa.

Last edited by Frailty; 2013-08-08 at 20:23.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:41   Link #434
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far I think Jude is fine. Obviously this isn't his show though. At the point I'm at still kind of caught up in the wake of Milla. Someone that focused and dedicated to something is bound to pull people in by the power of their will. Can't help nodding and going along with them. Not a bad guy, just clearly drawn by Milla and willing to do whatever he can to support what she is trying to do.

Also against the Gaius love I'm still hoping for the game to give me a chance to kick his ass . Just don't like the guy at all.
Old 2013-08-09, 03:55   Link #435
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

Nope you're not the only one.

I thought his JP voice sounded just right. He's not an aggressive character, so the voice suited him.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:51   Link #436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I definitely need to get more artes for my characters, especially Alvin
Old 2013-08-09, 12:49   Link #437
GDB

Okay, Jude just shot up on my likeability chart. He quoted Sherlock Holmes.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:24   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^I'm at around the same spot as well

Man this early stage sure lasted quite a long time I've only just gotten Elise.... Not even as a fullfletch member yet.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:53   Link #439
GDB

She'll be full-fledged soon. And shortly after that, Rowen shows up. I think it's another long gap after that before Leia shows up (which is a shame, because Leia is awesome).
Old 2013-08-09, 20:42   Link #440
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

On that topic, what have they done to Teepo?! It's not longer cute and completely obnoxious >_< !