AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-09, 01:14   Link #8481
Karna
just some guy

Where was it stated Touma got a power-up? The only thing we know about him after he returned is that he gave a bad-ass speech to Shiage, and apparently now knows more about the dark side of the world.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:23   Link #8482
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Kamachi! No more side casts became main!
Old 2011-03-09, 01:27   Link #8483
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Where was it stated Touma got a power-up? The only thing we know about him after he returned is that he gave a bad-ass speech to Shiage, and apparently now knows more about the dark side of the world.
But he does know more, hes the only hero that knowingly got involve with magic, which is considered a secret side of the world.

That said, until i see the whole scene i take it all with a grain of salt
Old 2011-03-09, 01:44   Link #8484
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Nonono, on Fiamma only concluded that Gabriel swayed away from her original position enough for him to summon. Again, he never once stated their consciousness actually swap. If he did, please find me the exact line. The conclusion Fiamma drew on pg.346 only stated the element become "ambiguous" enough for his summoning to work, and again said nothing about their consciousness got swapped.

Also, for Gabriel retake control of the body on vol.22 would required another summoning of angel to pull her mind down from the Heaven. Project Bethlehem's effect to correct the elemental symbol of the four elements and cumulative the supernatural power to refine Holy Right. It doesn't miraculously serve as another summoning of angel at the same time.
If it is Michael really controlling that vessel, it could have exploded immediately as soon as the body's element returned to normal, as Micheal would be in a body that he cant control and earth go bye bye.
"Swayed away from her original position enough for him to summon"? I don't think he said that, can you give me the exact chapter and part in the novel? (I don't have a actual paper copy of the book, so page numbers aren't much help to me =/)

Besides, this bit over at Vol22 Ch12 Pt7 should settle this:

经过右方之手,四大属性的动摇已经被修正。现在的她并不是「似神者」和「神之力」的混合体「米夏」,而是纯 粹意义上的大天使

[Through Fiamma’s hands, the disturbance between the four elements have been corrected. Now she is no longer ‘Misha’, a mix between the ‘Power of God (Gabriel)’ and the ‘One who is like God (Michael)’, but an Archangel in its full right.]

Therefore, Misha is not Gabriel.

Same part, Misha wasn't sent back to Heaven after being defeated by Acqua and others:

虽然一度被科学怪物们的力量打碎打散,但这并不意味着对她的本质造成伤害。就好像朝着水打出一拳,水会四处 飞溅,但并不代表水的质量会减少。一样的事。

[Though having been scattered once by the monsters of Science, that didn’t mean she was diminished in any way. Just like throwing a punch at a pool of water, water may splatter around but ultimately it doesn’t mean the water will lessen in anyway. This is the same.]

No resummoning is necessary.

And come to think of it, my point Misha being the name of Michael wasn't addressed by you... if Misha is Gabriel, then it would have broken a rule decreed by God in ToaruVerse. Angels, supposedly being 'puppets' of God and without free will in ToaruVerse, should not be capable of doing that. Others like Lucifer are the exception.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:46   Link #8485
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
well touma was caoncious when his "inner power" got out and fiamma was scared about it, also touma somehow regenerated his arm, and finally he *probably* defeated an archangel so im pretty sure he knows that hes pretty hack himself also

Quote:
Oh, and from NT, apparantly Bardway kicked Touma between the legs, and told him "Don't worry about telling them all the other things, I'll deal with that. Just think about what are you going to say to those girls you left behind"... I'm not 100% sure about this part though
if this is true touma migth be going off again...
but theres something bothering me, if so much time passed for mugino get orthopedics? then why WORST's hand is still injured??
Old 2011-03-09, 04:11   Link #8486
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

SS2 Chapter 14
Old 2011-03-09, 05:12   Link #8487
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

"If Uiharu Kazari actually had a special ability, she might have been able to construct a tremendous Personal Reality and display enormous power."

Wait ...what?isnt uiharu an esper according to railgun??
Old 2011-03-09, 05:42   Link #8488
NutShell

did some one know what Mikoto search in the bank ?

is that about touma power ? in vol 19 that stated mikoto hacking bank data and get known aboutt imagine breaker
Old 2011-03-09, 05:51   Link #8489
Hiro Hayase

People are getting too restless for spoilers. We already waited for 6 month's for the new novel, so what's waiting another 2-3 days compared to that. I would usually finish reading a novel in 4-5 hours at most, although I prefer re-reading it again to get a better understanding of what just happened in the story.

Btw I highly doubt the author would replace Touma as the main character due to several reasons:

1. Touma is by far the most popular character. (Author's usually would want to capitalize on such popularity)

2. We had like 22+ volumes of development about Touma and co. If Touma's not the main character then what was the point of all that development?

3. All of us fans waited to hear what happened to Touma since volume 22. The author even spiced things up by introducing the new NT novel with "The world without 'him'..." (The Author was just pulling our leg)

4. Seriously, what would happen to Touma's harem if he became a side character? LOL

5. It's probably gonna be like volume 15 and 19 where much of story revolves around AC , Accelerator, and Shiage. Then, the next volume will center around Touma and co.

P.S. At most we might just have the perspectives in the novel changing from Touma to Accelerator to Shiage and vice-versa. An interesting plot twist would be if Touma was actually the antagonist this time.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-03-09 at 17:23. Reason: Changed 2 month's to 6
Old 2011-03-09, 07:40   Link #8490
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
People are getting too restless for spoilers. We already waited for 2 month's for the new novel, so what's waiting another 2-3 days compared to that. I would usually finish reading a novel in 4-5 hours at most, although I prefer re-reading it again to get a better understanding of what just happened in the novel.

Btw I highly doubt the author would replace Touma as the main character due to several reasons:

1. Touma is by far the most popular character. (Author's usually would want to capitalize on such popularity)

2. We had like 22+ volumes of development about Touma and co. If Touma's not the main character then what was the point of all that development?

3. All of us fans waited to hear what happened to Touma since volume 22. The author even spiced things up by introducing the new NT novel with "The world without 'him'..." (Author was just pulling our leg)

4. Seriously, what would happen to Touma's harem if he became a side character? LOL

5. It's probably gonna be like volume 15 and 19 where much of story revolves around AC , Accelerator, and Shiage. Then, the next volume will center around Touma and co.

P.S. At most we might just have the perspectives in the novel changing from Touma to Accelerator to Shiage and vice-versa. An interesting plot twist would be if Touma was actually the antagonist this time. JK.
Yeahh I agree that him becomming a side charakter would just be senseless,but

I highly doubt that he becomes the antagonist, but it seems that he now joined forces with the magic side.
There is also a talking about witches.

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-03-09, 08:57   Link #8491
endarion88

my opinion is not that touma will not be the main char anymore but maybe the story will be narrated from the point of view of the people aound him and not from his own

(sorry if my english is bad)
Old 2011-03-09, 09:21   Link #8492
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
Yeahh I agree that him becomming a side charakter would just be senseless,but

I highly doubt that he becomes the antagonist, but it seems that he now joined forces with the magic side.
There is also a talking about witches.
Wait, if he has joined forces with the magic side, does that men that he's severed ties with Academy City? He is still a high school student...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:13   Link #8493
tsunade666

well it looks like he just arrive back at academy city and he just met up with shiage. He doesn't show up yet in school or in any member of necesarius. Though maybe his planning to show up again based from what bardway said. But for now. His more like neutral like always. He just ended up seeing things different now unlike before and was ended up being save (slave) by (to) bardway.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:14   Link #8494
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Wait, if he has joined forces with the magic side, does that men that he's severed ties with Academy City? He is still a high school student...
Na, to be honest the situation is a little bit ambiguous as to say that. For what little we can tell for what has been spoiled so far is that he is now aware of the "Dark sides" in both, the Magic and Science side.

Pretty much that means that now the story might change from "living life and solving problems as they come in" to "actively look for the one responsible and stop it". Shiage had a similar realization after pillow talking Mugino in vol 22 and the Accelerator had one two while he was in his "victory parade".

Just by judging for this, it looks like New Testament is going to be characterized for:
- The main characters have much clearer goals to pursue.
- They (just might) interact with each other in order to achieve those goals.
Old 2011-03-09, 11:10   Link #8495
KuronoShinji
Pikachu Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
if so much time passed for mugino get orthopedics? then why WORST's hand is still injured??
she's faking it so she gets more attention from accelerator?
Old 2011-03-09, 11:48   Link #8496
kevin93

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-09, 11:52   Link #8497
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin93 View Post
Spoiler:
It's been said, but character 2 there so looks like a character taken out of the Darker than Black manga.

And out of all the kinds of characters he could have brought in, I wonder why Kamachi brought in a sister of Frenda's. She wasn't exactly a heavily plot-central character.
Old 2011-03-09, 11:53   Link #8498
Ashaman

So, take your bets everyone, whose Harem is the new girl going in?

Will she be joining the 'Accelerator Family', Shiage's ITEM or the Kamijou Faction?
Old 2011-03-09, 12:14   Link #8499
TouMAN

So tomorrow is the day
but I donīt think that anything will happen,right

Do we have to wait some months for a translation of a chapter or two ?

What do we have to expect ?

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-03-09, 12:21   Link #8500
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

We ain't live feed here, we can't do live broadcast, the most we can do is wait for RAWS to come out. Should be quick though, not more than 2 months.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen