AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 10:42   Link #61
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
My Love is a Stapler feels like a better song than Fuwa Fuwa Time.
somehow I agree with this ..

KyoAni prolly placed fuwa fuwa first in order to save the best for last :P
Old 2009-05-22, 10:43   Link #62
Midonin
Last Engage

Or because that was the order it went in the manga...
Old 2009-05-22, 10:47   Link #63
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

no in the manga they sang fuwa fuwa time again
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-05-22, 10:52   Link #64
Midonin
Last Engage

My mistake, then.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:18   Link #65
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Love the episode especially the song they sang. Too bad they skip the manga part where Nodoka told the K-On! about it's soon to be disbarment due to a lack of activities seen by the club.

Anyway, i'm still keep on watching this along with Haruhi too.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:28   Link #66
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Or because that was the order it went in the manga...
ahh haven't read the manga so I'm just also guessing

I think I'll read it when the anime is over .. so as not to spoil the excitement for the next episode
Old 2009-05-22, 12:30   Link #67
Chant
Inactive Member

Having 8 of 13 episodes already aired, I guess it'd be too late to have a new OP/ED now. Not to forget about Haruhi's 2nd season. Awwh.

Anyway, another moe-rich episode. :3 Azusa's expression when she got glomped by Ritsu makes me wonder just how much she'll bear resemblance to Mio.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:47   Link #68
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

That episode is exactly what I look for in this series, this episode alone made it worth all the specific not so stellar episodes before it. The focus of the episode was to attract new members to their club, and there wasn't an overabundance of comedy/slice-of-life antics in between to the point where the musical purpose was overshadowed. It really makes me believe that... regardless of how they actually act, each individual member really does care about the club. Not only that, but they treated us with another mini performance that I was not expecting at all. We got one only two episodes ago, so I though Kyoani was going to alter the Freshman welcoming scenario in the manga into something else. Not only did they prove me wrong, but the actual song was a lot more enjoyable than Fuwa Fuwa Time (in my opinion). I thought I was going to get trolled out of Yui singing again, but they made it even better with a duo. I actually don't know who I prefer to be the lead vocalist, I love both Mio and Yui's voice equally.

Apart from that though, they also managed to mix in one of my new favorite aspects of this show, Yui and Ui's relationship. Urgh, I can't get enough of the sisterly love, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I enjoy watching every second of it (even better that Ui is in the same school as her precious onee-chan now~). The polish might run out soon, but I'll enjoy it while I can. Speaking of polish, there were maid costumes, but moe moe Mio wasn't abused to hell this time around, actually... it was the perfect amount of moe. My mind is blown.

And random thoughts:

* Mio really has a... unique naming sense when it comes to her songs. I want her to go toe to toe with Aurica from Ar Tonelico.

* I'm really loving how Ritsu treats the Freshman as insects. "I guess we just have to kidnap Ui-chan."

* The strange animal costume part and their little circus act was amusing too.

* Yeah Azusa is much more reserved than her manga counterpart, but I don't really mind all too much. Maybe she'll open up more once she spends more time with the group.

* Only 5 episodes left, Jesus time flies pretty fast. Now that the end is drawing near, I really wonder how they plan to end this series. I highly doubt it's going to be the Budokan performance, but they can surprise us and not plan a second season at all, since I was under the assumption that Asuza was going to be introduced in the second season. The manga isn't even close to ending though, so I wonder how they'll choose to pull this off.

* How many more performances do you think we're getting? Is it unrealistic to expect at least one more before the season ends? Possibly the super ultra beautiful end performance? I don't really remember them performing anymore after this point in the manga...

* It'd be nice if they altered the opening and ending to include Asuza, but considering how Kyoani treated Clannad...

* I'll keep up with both Haruhi and K-On!. I think the people who are dropping everything just to go crazy over Haruhi are overreacting a tad bit.

* Don't disappoint Kyoani, you've convinced me to absolutely love this series again.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:02   Link #69
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Simultaneous K-on + Haruhi = MEGA WIN. I'm not complaining at all. Nu-uh. Not me.

This episode was a great balance between comedy, slice of life and the musical elements of the show. And this is why we continue to sit down to catch this anime week after week

Wasn't expecting a true "live" of their performance, which just made it more awesome. I love the interactions and the dynamics between the four members onstage. And Azu-nyan looks like an interesting addition to the club. (much more toned-down than the manga version though) Now they can do duo guitar work! More flexibility for performances! That said, the names of their songs are wonderfully weird and quirky -- me likes.

... Just a few more episodes left! D: I don't want it to gooo.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:09   Link #70
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 8 article is up:

[RIUVA] K-ON!, Episode 8

Much better than last week, so 9/10. However, I'd be lying if I said even I wasn't at all bothered with how K-ON has been executed so far; it's just that, at this point, I'm starting to figure out just what it may be. I'll probably need a bit more time before I can put it into words, though.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:19   Link #71
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

My Love is a Stapler - Stapler in Japanese is "hotchkiss" ( ホチキス ), probably originate from some other European language. As you can tell from "hotchkiss", it puns with "kiss". A very Mio-like title.

And once again, this song is a Mugi/Mio collaboration. Looks like Mugi and Mio will become the Lennon/McCartney of the K-On band. (Though both Lennon and McCartney are capable of doing both the composing and lyrics on their own. )

The pacing of this episode has gone slow and bland compared to recent episodes, but My Love is a Stapler single-handedly saved the episode for me. At first I thought they'll play Fuwa Fuwa Time again, so I was pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of the new song.

I actually enjoy this new song better than Fuwa Fuwa Time, maybe it's the opening riff that endeared me to it, reminds me of those J-Rock songs in the 1990s.

Other highlights:

Poor Mio ending up in a different class to her band members. Not unlike Kagami from Lucky Star. Fortunately, she's got Nodoka to rely on.

More "sister-yuri" goodness between Yui and Ui. (Please note the quotation marks in case anyone considers taking what I say seriously. )

LMAO at Yui in the chicken suit scaring the hell out of Ui and her friend. Sawa-chan cosplay tastes ranges from the exquisite (maids) to the downright weird (animal costumes).

Azusa is the new girl, her calm reservedness may hide a Mio-like moe appeal within, but we'll find out soon enough next episode when Ritsu makes her wear the kitty ears.

Mio is still traumatized by the accidental flashing her striped panties. LOL at even Mugi joining Yui in teasing her.

As a studio, Kyo-Ani has grown considerably to have enough staff to cover two shows in the same season.

From some of the names I've read in the credits, the K-On team consists of new people + some of the Lucky Star team, while Haruhi consists of people who worked on Kanon and Clannad, and of course the first Haruhi series.

Oh, and guys, no need to fret about our friend Kaioshin deciding to drop this because of the re-emergence of Haruhi, if it means he's finally pissing off and making our lives less miserable with his constant negativity, I'm not complaining.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:29   Link #72
Coruja

Great episode, overall!! I really liked the animal costumes. xD
The performance was a lot better this time, as well.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:35   Link #73
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Oh, and guys, no need to fret about our friend Kaioshin deciding to drop this because of the re-emergence of Haruhi, if it means he's finally pissing off and making our lives less miserable with his constant negativity, I'm not complaining.
He did say he's still following it though. Give the guy some slack though, he didn't complain about the episode itself so I guess he at least found it moderately good.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:45   Link #74
Ashlotte
Clockwork

After the meh-ness of the last episode this one was a nice return to the fun of previous episodes. The show really is at it's strongest when it balances everyones eccentricities and doesn't try to push any one character too hard.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-22, 13:54   Link #75
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
He did say he's still following it though. Give the guy some slack though, he didn't complain about the episode itself so I guess he at least found it moderately good.
Ha.

Haha.

Hahahaha.

ROFLMAO.

Great joke there, pal.
Old 2009-05-22, 14:24   Link #76
Jimmy C

About new a OP. Ever since the first ep, I've noticed there's gap between 3 of the girls and the last one in many scenes in the OP. One that's just enough for inserting one more girl.
Whether KyoAni will actually do something like that or not is another matter.
Old 2009-05-22, 15:09   Link #77
ThoHell

Yui is cute, but I'm going to have to demote her from vocalist unless she does some improvement to her singing! Maybe she can focus on singing completely and taking to an amazing lvl, but then she'll forget how to play the guitar..... amazing natural raw talent, just lacks proper guidance, but still amazing growth for just 1 year.
Old 2009-05-22, 15:43   Link #78
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think my favorite part of this ep was when they were complaining about how the maid outfits made playing difficult. then Mugi was like, these sleeves.. oh, they're fine.. and the "please get off the stage now"
Old 2009-05-22, 17:33   Link #79
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Ha.

Haha.

Hahahaha.

ROFLMAO.

Great joke there, pal.
don't be mean to the guy XD hehehe
Old 2009-05-22, 17:34   Link #80
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe he's too busy with the Suzumiya Haruhi thread to bother posting here.

(Will post thoughts and comments about episode 8 later)