AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 01:22   Link #101
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Kuroneko got some good scenes this past episode. I actually felt sorry for her when she was checking her blog, with only Kirino and Saori commenting, and I laughed when she got the call from Kyousuke earlier on. Calling a homemade Meruru plush a "dark artifact" was hilarious. And the looks her family gave her while she was LARPing (is it LARPing if it's over the phone?) were priceless.

Kuroneko is win.

I also felt bad for her in that episode, although I didn't really realize what you said about how only Kirino and Saori commented on her blog. I didn't really put 2 and 2 together when I watched that part. It seems like she really benefited from making friends with Kirino and Saori. So yeah that was a bit sad.

What I felt bad about, first of all, was that she is on the poor side. You see the run down sink in the kitchen with rust stains, and her room is very plain. You can tell how she is the poorest of all the cast. She must have to really save up for her anime and dresses, when Kirino, for example, has a modeling job and she can pay for anything related to her hobby with ease.

Also, there was another thing that made me feel bad about Kuroneko in this episode. I think the director meant to show a contrast in Kuroneko's life and Kirino's life. First, it shows that Kirino lives with a family that has more income. Also, it shows what they do on their days off. Kuroneko takes care of her sister by cooking for her and then watching some anime with her and then later on LARPs (and I think she LARPed alone; I think she was pretending to talk on the phone). I felt bad for her but also found her so endearing in this episode. In contrast, on Kirino's day off, she doesn't pay attention to her family, she just plays an eroge all day and absorbs herself in it. I think the director wanted to show this contrast.

Because of what was portrayed for Kuroneko in this episode, with her being in a low income household and her being on the lonely side, I found her to be all the more endearing.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-03-04 at 20:36.
Old 2011-03-09, 08:31   Link #102
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I also felt bad for her in that episode, although I didn't really realize what you said about how only Kirino and Saori commented on her blog. I didn't really put 2 and 2 together when I watched that part. It seems like she really benefited from making friends with Kirino and Saori. So yeah that was a bit sad.

What I felt bad about, first of all, was that she is on the poor side. You see the run down sink in the kitchen with rust stains, and her room is very plain. You can tell how she is the poorest of all the cast. She must have to really save up for her anime and dresses, when Kirino, for example, has a modeling job and she can pay for anything related to her hobby with ease.
I think the fact that both kirino and kuroneko couldn't find otaku friends to associate with makes them so intune with each other; of course they try really hard from showing how they truly feel. Tsuntsun

But I rewatched that part where kuroneko was cooking and it wasn't really a run down kitchen. the sink was sparkly and clean but it was the stove with all the cooking stains on the wall. No ventilation I guess. That's why I don't think she's poor per say, but just on the low income side. Kirino's house looks like those middle class stuff.

I like both kirino and kuroneko, but from early on I liked kuroneko better. Maybe cause I just finished Angel Beats so I'm biased towards 'tenshi' but kuroneko stood out as a character I really liked.

with 7 LN volumes, I'll bet we'll see more than just these OAVS.
Old 2011-03-09, 23:22   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoubi View Post
But I rewatched that part where kuroneko was cooking and it wasn't really a run down kitchen. the sink was sparkly and clean but it was the stove with all the cooking stains on the wall. No ventilation I guess. That's why I don't think she's poor per say, but just on the low income side. Kirino's house looks like those middle class stuff.
It may also be that she's short and can't reach back there
Old 2011-03-13, 07:42   Link #104
wigglypuff
Banned

kuroneko is my favorite character!!!
she is very caring and she loves her siblings very much...
i like the episode where she was sewing a stuff toy for her sibling, i think...
Old 2011-03-30, 10:42   Link #105
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now that ep 13 is out, let's put a party for Kuroneko!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-30, 20:33   Link #106
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Before anyone does anything,

*grabs and takes Kuroneko home*

Now I have two black kitties!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-30, 20:45   Link #107
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I agree with the people who think Kuroneko and Kirino are quite similar. Think about if Kirino was not Kyosuke's sister how her attitude could be different. Kuroneko has options available for how she looks at Kyosuke, but Kirino is his sister already so she couldn't go after him (and adjust her attitude accordingly) even if she wanted to. Conversely, this also affects how Kyosuke treats them and reacts to their actions.
Old 2011-04-30, 13:21   Link #108
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How about a little informal poll: Goth Loli Kuroneko vs. School Uniform-Kneesocks Kuroneko?

Assuming the answer can't be "Both" I would have to go with the latter. The socks are the clincher.
Old 2011-04-30, 13:26   Link #109
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

really hard choice , but I think I prefer the school uniform one better
Old 2011-04-30, 13:38   Link #110
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I'd say seifuku, however Shironeko wins hands down.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:17   Link #111
Heineko
Hei is the new Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Before anyone does anything,

*grabs and takes Kuroneko home*

Now I have two black kitties!
*tries to wriggle free*

Hands off, you puny human! Just you wait till Onii-san hears of this... this... harrassment!
Old 2011-05-09, 02:02   Link #112
Kyuu
=^^=

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3605061

Wow. Who wants to give me a bit of the background on Kuroneko in the light novel? Apparently, some very recent rage has ensued.
Old 2011-05-10, 01:01   Link #113
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Ladies and Gentlemen!!

You forget the best part of the package: If you take Kuroneko home with you, you also get another precious black kitten, Kurokoneko (Little Black-Cat) for free!!

I mean, what wouldn't you kill

to have an adorable baby sister like her?

And on that note, judging from Episode 10, Kuroneko would make a wonderful Mom, wouldn't she?
Old 2011-05-11, 04:38   Link #114
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

kuroneko's such an admirable girl. <3 i find it cute she's responsible and takes care of her sister well.
Old 2011-05-12, 02:26   Link #115
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
kuroneko's such an admirable girl. <3 i find it cute she's responsible and takes care of her sister well.
true, but it makes you wonder where are her parents XD
Old 2011-05-12, 04:19   Link #116
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
true, but it makes you wonder where are her parents XD
Welcome to "2 income needed" family life?
Old 2011-05-12, 09:17   Link #117
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Welcome to "2 income needed" family life?
yeah, i never got that in anime. parents are either dead like with disney movies or not there.......... also, like disney movies.
Old 2011-05-17, 10:25   Link #118
Kyuu
=^^=

Hmm, I just realized... Kuroneko's shoot 'em up abilities are... realistic. The person playing this game - is indeed female.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-08, 13:42   Link #119
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I didn't think I was going to like her at first but I actually really enjoy her.^^

Her seiyuu is awesome. Such a quite, refined tone. I just like listening to her talk. XD

I also like the KuroxKyousuke pair. It's cute!

.........wait, what!? That's KANADE talking!? YOU'RE SHITTING ME!!
Old 2012-02-15, 14:11   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Come to think about it, the series detractors often accuse this show of being some kind of wish fulfillment and ugh... "otaku pandering" -- gonna slap the person that says that next. They'd go on to say that how you wouldn't have that many attractive/cute girls approach the hobby in such a devoted and understanding manner. So they'll diss the characters for this and that, and mostly accuse Kirino of it.

But if you think about it more, Kuroneko is actually more the anime nerd's wet dream. She cosplays elaborately, she looks kinda loli, and while she acts like she's superior, she's actually really understanding about the hobbies she's involved in. And she's willing to take the imitative even though Kyousuke is such a creampuff. Clearly, she would be alluring to your sterotypical otaku who lacks the confidence to talk to a member of the opposite sex. Because she is shy too. It changes if you get to know her.

Of course, wish fulfillment as long as you don't get too stuck in it is hardly always a bad thing. That's what I think a lot of detractors of anime in general don't get. Sure, reality often contradicts fantasy, but without wishes and ideals, we wouldn't find ways to push ourselves away in seek of better things. So, while she might be someone's fantasy, it doesn't make said fantasy any less delicious.

Sometimes, you just have to be proud of your wish fulfillment!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread