AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 14:18   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Crysis III

EA: Crytek Takes Aim with Crysis 3 — The First Blockbuster Shooter of 2013

Official Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The hunted becomes the hunter! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) and award-winning developer Crytek GmbH, today announced Crysis® 3, the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013. Powered by Crytek's proprietary CryENGINE®, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet' as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

"Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love," said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. "Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we're able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game."

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution.

Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis® 3 Hunter Edition* today. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style**. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for $59.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis Official Site
The award-winning developer Crytek is back with Crysis®3.

Return to the fight as Prophet, the Nanosuit soldier on a quest to rediscover his humanity and exact brutal revenge. Adapt on the fly with the stealth and armor abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome. Unleash the firepower of your all-new, high-tech bow and alien weaponry to hunt both human and alien enemies. And uncover the truth behind the death of your squad while reestablishing the power of human will in a rich story full of exciting twists and turns.

Crysis®3 is the ultimate sandbox shooter, realized in the stunning visuals only Crytek and the latest version of CryENGINE® can deliver. Assess Adapt, and Attack starting spring 2013 on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, and PC.
25 Years from the end of Crysis 2? What's with all these timeskips anyway? Although guess 'Prophet' returning is better than going with yet another new protagonist. Now all we need to do is wait for the trailer in a week.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 15:06   Link #2
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Official Site

25 Years from the end of Crysis 2? What's with all these timeskips anyway? Although guess 'Prophet' returning is better than going with yet another new protagonist. Now all we need to do is wait for the trailer in a week.
Things we do know:
Spoiler:
. Things we do not know: Why in new York, what happend to humanity against THE Ceph 24 years ago? They said remnants so THE humans are winning? Will Prophet fight against other nanosuit soldiers like THE first game? What kind of new enemies do we expect and who is the agonist this time? Etc .
Old 2012-04-16, 16:35   Link #3
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Wow..just saw the first image..look like well be a good game...

I liked Crysis2...hope that this would be good...but..2013? damn..so long.....
Old 2012-04-16, 17:30   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Solong as they don't randomly give Prophet a cod piece I'll be happy with the trailer.
Old 2012-04-16, 19:16   Link #5
Alchemist007
*Author

Well, I read 2013 and thought "damn, 2 more years."

Still living it up in 2011!
Old 2012-04-17, 00:17   Link #6
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Solong as they don't randomly give Prophet a cod piece I'll be happy with the trailer.
It still looks like Prophet/Alcatraz is still using the Nanosuit 2 though, and with good reason. I don't expect there'll be much changes to how the suit looks from Crysis 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well, I read 2013 and thought "damn, 2 more years."

Still living it up in 2011!
You know it's already 2012 right?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-04-17, 00:18   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's funny how they name the incarnations the CryEngine, since it makes most machines cry with the sheer weight of the system requirements.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 05:18   Link #8
kiak666

Quote:

Official Site

Which reminds me....

Spoiler for The Fate of Nomad:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 06:33   Link #9
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

^yeah, still wondering what happend to psycho, could not follow the plot really...
Old 2012-04-17, 11:25   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's funny how they name the incarnations the CryEngine, since it makes most machines cry with the sheer weight of the system requirements.
My system cries with joy being able to run it with no prob
Old 2012-04-18, 10:00   Link #11
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Nm what i asked. Psycho will return on Crysis 3
Old 2012-04-18, 13:40   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I thought all the N1 users bonded with their suits, and became nothing more than machines with a semi-human mind.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 20:27   Link #13
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought all the N1 users bonded with their suits, and became nothing more than machines with a semi-human mind.
Spoiler:

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-04-18 at 20:38.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 23:30   Link #14
Alchemist007
*Author

With as much chatter as there is in the game, I'm kinda let down that the plot is so...meh in the 2nd game. Seriously annoying they killed off the PC from the first game like that.
Old 2012-04-20, 07:15   Link #15
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Crysis 3...debut trailer......and a few day..first gameplay trailer

Old 2012-04-21, 03:40   Link #16
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More info on Crysis III from PlayBox Magazine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbox
List of new info:
-Crysis 3 won't be the ending
-New writer Steven Hall
-Prophet was inprisoned by CryNet (reason of timeskip)
-global ceph invasion took place
-we will find out what happened to the rest of the planet
-Psycho is back
-CryNet and Ceph aren't the only fractions
-side missions
-new ceph with flamethrower Scorcher
-animals are back: giant frog
-speed and power seems to be separted now
-2 new powers: hacking alien turrents and using theirs weapon
-environment less destructible than Crysis 1
-one of the concepart or screen seems to show frozen world ouside the dome
PSYCHO IS BACK!!!!!!

Old 2012-04-21, 03:55   Link #17
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:

Hooooo..a good news....

Nice share..+1
Old 2012-04-21, 12:26   Link #18
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So is Psycho in a N1 or N2?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:49   Link #19
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So is Psycho in a N1 or N2?
A better question yet: will we see him in the current timeline...or in a flashback that explains what happened to Raptor Team?

What Prophet said to Hargreaves when he realized the truth, back in Crysis 2, suggests
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-22, 01:08   Link #20
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, for those who know of the Crysis comics we know Nomad's fate:

Spoiler for Nomad:

I am hoping the events of the comics eventually make it to Crysis III, just so those who only play the games get to see what happened.