AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-12-03, 23:42   Link #681
VastoLordeX

Hi Guys, I m new in the forum and wish we get along well together. First, sorry for my english, because I m a Brazilian xD

Well, to the point, I would Like to know if a third season of anime is scheduled to the start of 2013 or something like this, because I settled to stop reading the Light Novel after the end of volume 4 and only start to read again after March because of the studying.

I want to know if I can stay relieved about the Anime 3rd season don't go to airing before I start to read the volumes 5 and 6 (Gun Gale Arc)

Thank you! (Y)
VastoLordeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 23:45   Link #682
relentlessflame

*Administrator

At the moment, there haven't been any announcements about a continuation for the SAO anime; it'll end in three weeks with Episode 25. Based on the popularity/sales, I do expect an anime continuation to happen eventually, but probably not until late-2013 at the very earliest. So I think there won't be a problem for you to read the novels in March, as the anime adaptation almost certainly won't happen for a while.
Old 2012-12-04, 04:27   Link #683
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VastoLordeX View Post
Hi Guys, I m new in the forum and wish we get along well together. First, sorry for my english, because I m a Brazilian xD

Well, to the point, I would Like to know if a third season of anime is scheduled to the start of 2013 or something like this, because I settled to stop reading the Light Novel after the end of volume 4 and only start to read again after March because of the studying.

I want to know if I can stay relieved about the Anime 3rd season don't go to airing before I start to read the volumes 5 and 6 (Gun Gale Arc)

Thank you! (Y)
There is no schedule yet but just stick with just incase so that you'll get informed ASAP..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 07:45   Link #684
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Very true, you'll only be waiting for about three years or a lot more heck, how long was it that Haruhi waited for? LOL I've lost track YEARS ago heheh...

Any less and you can predict there will be lots of rush work
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 08:44   Link #685
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What about FMP, Chaos T___T

Anyway, if there's any continuation to SAO, I expect it'd be in 2014; the next story arcs aren't quite long enough for a 26-ep series (though a 12 ep series or an 8-ep OVA might be possible), so A-1 may decide to wait until there's enough material to form a second season.

Alternatively, they might produce a 13-ep series that covers the next several arcs, and then we get another full 26-ep series in 2015.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:21   Link #686
VastoLordeX

Thanks for the the information!

Well, this doubt is because I read in some Brazilian and American sites things like "Oh this anime is a masterpiece (quite exaggerated haha)". So does this popularity repeat with japanese people?
I kinda remenber of something about Fairy Tail (a-1 pictures too). This anime was settled to have just 50 and something episodes, but because of its popularity, the contract was renovated for more episodes. I m afraid of something like this happens with SAO xDD
What are your bets? the same destiny of fairy tail or not?
VastoLordeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:27   Link #687
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
What about FMP, Chaos T___T
I've already beaten that horse and buried it's body

But thanks for bring it up

KyoAni for the win right ?

Quote:

Well, this doubt is because I read in some Brazilian and American sites things like "Oh this anime is a masterpiece (quite exaggerated haha)". So does this popularity repeat with japanese people?
I kinda remenber of something about Fairy Tail (a-1 pictures too). This anime was settled to have just 50 and something episodes, but because of its popularity, the contract was renovated for more episodes. I m afraid of something like this happens with SAO xDD

SAO is the biggest thing among the Otaku crowd this year... However, the Otaku late night crowd is nothing compared to the Shounen crowd which Fairy Tail belongs to.

Saturday Morning Anime > Saturday Late Night Anime.

Those are two completely different groups.

Also, Fairy Tail's budget is a lot bigger than SAO because their sponsors/publishers, are richer Not to mention they have the power of advertisement to help pay the bills...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:04   Link #688
Krono

Quote:

While Sword Art Online is popular enough to warrant more episodes, it probably won't be for months yet. The timeslot SAO is in, just isn't the sort of timeslot where they can handily renew for more episodes in time that there won't be a break.

Basically, expect it to be more like To Aru Majutsu no Index in terms of episodes than like Fairy Tail.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 10:29   Link #689
tyronoa

Does anyone know what weapons are available in ALO?

I remember in SAO we had sword, katana, even polearm(?) for Sachi.

In ALO it seems to be sword, magic and bow?

Thanks for answering.
tyronoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:17   Link #690
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Axe, Mace, Sword, Polearm, (And one handed / two handed varieties of each) Dagger, throwing weapon, and unarmed. (I wonder if Monk was ever a viable option, or just a backup.)

There's also some different variations on those, sort of a branching path.
Spoiler for Minor novel info on weapons:

I think ALO has the same weapons available (Plus bows), but in general the portrayal is less balanced because the lack of sword skills makes weapons harder to use, and also there's magic.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 20:57   Link #691
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Aside from the different color schemes for each race they also have some unique skills exclusive to them and people mainly choose a race because of a preference for said skills. One example is the Spriggans illusion (maybe more appropriately named transformation) magic and treasure hunting skills as per Leafas explanation. I was actually looking at the selection screen from one of the earlier eps and it seems some races are more solidly built (Salamanders), some are more lithe (Spriggans, Sylphs) while some are small in stature (Caith Siths).
Quoted from the episode 22 thread.

So my question is, using WoW terminology and references as guidance, do the races have anything that is truly exclusive to them? For instance, would a race have an Orc's Blood Fury ability that only they have (likely in the form of a school of magic), or would it be more like a Blood Elf's enchanting bonus? Or perhaps slightly stronger than the enchanting bonus, and more like a Troll's enhanced regeneration (which cannot be replicated, but isn't a huge bonus) or Tauren's +5% base health (again, cannot be replicated, but isn't a totally unique thing)?

Mostly just curious, since the Cait Sith leader had raised Dark Magic, which made me wonder if perhaps races got unique magic schools that only they could use.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 21:32   Link #692
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Quoted from the episode 22 thread.

So my question is, using WoW terminology and references as guidance, do the races have anything that is truly exclusive to them? For instance, would a race have an Orc's Blood Fury ability that only they have (likely in the form of a school of magic), or would it be more like a Blood Elf's enchanting bonus? Or perhaps slightly stronger than the enchanting bonus, and more like a Troll's enhanced regeneration (which cannot be replicated, but isn't a huge bonus) or Tauren's +5% base health (again, cannot be replicated, but isn't a totally unique thing)?

Mostly just curious, since the Cait Sith leader had raised Dark Magic, which made me wonder if perhaps races got unique magic schools that only they could use.
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-12-10, 06:03   Link #693
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Sugu mentions in the most recent episode that the dark magic related to "self-destructing" is one that comes with unfavorable consequences/penalties.

I'm not sure if the anime will cover that, is there an explanation anywhere that points to what exactly is "lost" from committing such an act?
Old 2012-12-10, 18:30   Link #694
GDB

That first Salamander guy seemed to imply a loss of skill points in some manner, and we saw with the bridge battle that you lose equipment and money in some capacity as well.
Old 2012-12-10, 23:14   Link #695
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Yeah was just hoping there would be some hard data, or at least "relative" numbers so I'd have a better grasp of the true sacrifice other than a subjective "it's bad".
Old 2012-12-10, 23:32   Link #696
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Yeah was just hoping there would be some hard data, or at least "relative" numbers so I'd have a better grasp of the true sacrifice other than a subjective "it's bad".
There's no specific numbers given, just that the penalty for self destructing is several times worse than the normal death penalty. So it's probably as though he died 5-7 times instead of once, with any percentage based penalties stacking and being applied all at once.
Old 2012-12-11, 01:44   Link #697
MasterVampire

So since this is a 25 episode series, do you think that 24 will be the episode where Asuna is rescued and its all over then 25 will be some after episode?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 01:50   Link #698
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So since this is a 25 episode series, do you think that 24 will be the episode where Asuna is rescued and its all over then 25 will be some after episode?
Feel like your question is more suitable for the speculation for anime-only viewers.

But as for your question, I personally really have no idea, I feel like the author could draw this on a lot further given the (admin) powers everyone has over Asuna and Kirito.

Personally, I would like a full 20 minute block for Real-Life interactions outside of the ALO world.

But yeah I think this discussion is more suitable for speculation thread, so let's not chat anymore here, I'll post something more substantial in there if you'd like.
Old 2012-12-13, 15:10   Link #699
GDB

So, I went and read a few of the volume 2 short story chapters to supplement the anime (specifically, Red Nosed Reindeer, Black Swordsman, and Warmth of Heart), and had a couple of questions based on them:

Spoiler for First, The Black Swordsman:

Spoiler for Second, Warmth of Heart:
Old 2012-12-13, 15:14   Link #700
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, I went and read a few of the volume 2 short story chapters to supplement the anime (specifically, Red Nosed Reindeer, Black Swordsman, and Warmth of Heart), and had a couple of questions based on them:

Spoiler for First, The Black Swordsman:
Spoiler for Response:

Quote:
Spoiler for Second, Warmth of Heart:
Spoiler for Response:

Tags
q&a