AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 16:44   Link #581
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Seriously, how did Backpack Guy survive this long screaming his lungs out at everything he sees and having kit hanging off his backpack clanging around like Sam Gamgee?

Endless "SHHHH!" Soul
Old 2013-03-05, 18:01   Link #582
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I would assume that he hadn't been alone the entire time and had just recently lost a group.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 03:55   Link #583
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
And you'd miss out on season 3.
Not reading anything else in case of spoilers, but I'm guessing this means it gets better. One more episode to finish s2, Shane biting the bullet was expected, and I can guess what happens in the last ep(they'll get run off the farm). Don't see how it'd get better, so I wont get my hopes up =0\, but I'll keep watching to see how they'll get out of this zombie apocalypse(if they ever do).

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 22:31   Link #584
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

good episode. tried to redeem merle the best they could in the time they were allotted. next week should be amazing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:59   Link #585
EroKing

Merle became quite the interesting character in this episode, too bad he got killed.

Here's a sneak peek at the finale.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:02   Link #586
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hope they are ready to be Rambo'd
Old 2013-03-25, 11:04   Link #587
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Never figured that Merle would be gone. Also, The Gov has a damn good (one) eye to be driving AND spot Andrea a couple hundred feet away in a field.

BTW, did anyone else notice that the car Merle was driving kept changing wheels?

Endless "Consistency" Soul
Old 2013-03-25, 19:11   Link #588
james0246

Did anyone else notice The Zombies referrence in this recent episode? When Rick has his moment of decision and looks up and sees the spector of his wife, he says "She's not there" which was a 1965 song by the British pop band the Zombies. I don't know if it was intentional, but it was still funny as hell.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:11   Link #589
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Did anyone else notice The Zombies referrence in this recent episode? When Rick has his moment of decision and looks up and sees the spector of his wife, he says "She's not there" which was a 1965 song by the British pop band the Zombies. I don't know if it was intentional, but it was still funny as hell.
If that's true -- I'll make every reason to believe that it was indeed intentional. References like that aren't often coincidences, but for those who know their stuff.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 00:12   Link #590
james0246

I don't know if I really liked the episode or not. There were parts of it that were great (all the moments between Merle and Michonne, even if they made little sense at times; Glenn's marriage B-story; and of course the final scene between Merle and Daryl), but the episode felt very inconsistent, especially the drama.

Merle, for better or worse, is a one dimensional character. Given no real depth beyond whatever Michael Rooker puts into him (and damn does he try to paint a complex character even if he only has one or two colours), Merle has no real definition, so his decisions and actions are needlessly inconsistent. Frankly, I've been expecting him to betray the prison since the 2nd half of the season began (in fact I thought his little scene with the Governor in the Zombie fighting pit was all staged to fool Daryl), so I was pleasantly surprised to see him fighting for his brother. But, sadly, I had real reason to believe he would betray everyone and nothing I had seen up to this point led me to believe otherwise. Nor did I have any reason to believe that he ever wanted to actually be part of the group (wasn't he making racist comments just 2 episodes ago?). Would it have really been so hard to show Merle trying to be a member, even if he fails? Instead, he seems to decide that the only course of action possible for him in the group is to be the guy that does the dirty work (he also appears to hate himself which, while not shocking, was never really set up beyond the few lines in this episode)). It's a very arbitrary and weak storyline even if the dramatic moments that follow are very strong (and sadly, the resulting death is somewhat meaningless since I have no real emotional attachment to Merle, so everything the audience feels has to come through our attachment to Daryl). I did love his moments with Michonne, even if her release made little to no sense.

And then there is Rick. I understand that he is struggling, but the show really took a dump on him by even allowing him to get to the point where he would actually start planning to surrender Michonne to the Governor. Issues of her rape and torture aside (yes that shit is awful and disgusting, but they live in the Apocalypse, so basic human decency is a believable tough sell), the show had to dumb Rick down quite a bit to make him even consider the Governor's proposal as being legitimate. There is little to no dramatic irony when it comes to the Governor: he is straight-up evil (or at least a monster) and anyone even glancing at him would be able to see him stepping on puppies, kicking kitten and sucking the souls from little babies (sadly, no one seems to actually look at him). There is no nuance, so Rick even considering his proposal requires a level of stupidity only seen by the likes of Andrea (and damn is she stupid...even if she is a hell of a good fighter).

Overall, the episode was decent. Some solid character development all around, and the Glenn B-story was especially nice (even if I now hear death bells ringing every time I look at him). Some great and well-paced action certainly helps, and Walking Dead continues to show that the writers know how to use their Zombie co-hosts for optimum results. 76/100.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-26 at 00:28.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 08:59   Link #591
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Man, I just watched this series up to s2 ep9. Gosh, do all the characters have to be so...facepalm-worthy =02? I don't think I've ever watched a series where I dislike so many of the characters. The only ones I like consistently are Darryl and Glenn. Darryl is just badass and, despite his tsun attitude, reasonable, and Glenn is, well, well-rounded. And Maggie is kinda cute. Carol is useless, Lori and Andrea are scheming whores, Rick is far too righteous(the most extremely annoying char thus far), Shane's a loaded cannon, the black guy is practically useless, and Dave is too soft and overprotective of Andrea . If I hadn't invested so much time into the series, I'd want to give it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't know if I really liked the episode or not. There were parts of it that were great (all the moments between Merle and Michonne, even if they made little sense at times; Glenn's marriage B-story; and of course the final scene between Merle and Daryl), but the episode felt very inconsistent, especially the drama.

Merle, for better or worse, is a one dimensional character. Given no real depth beyond whatever Michael Rooker puts into him (and damn does he try to paint a complex character even if he only has one or two colours), Merle has no real definition, so his decisions and actions are needlessly inconsistent. Frankly, I've been expecting him to betray the prison since the 2nd half of the season began (in fact I thought his little scene with the Governor in the Zombie fighting pit was all staged to fool Daryl), so I was pleasantly surprised to see him fighting for his brother. But, sadly, I had real reason to believe he would betray everyone and nothing I had seen up to this point led me to believe otherwise. Nor did I have any reason to believe that he ever wanted to actually be part of the group (wasn't he making racist comments just 2 episodes ago?). Would it have really been so hard to show Merle trying to be a member, even if he fails? Instead, he seems to decide that the only course of action possible for him in the group is to be the guy that does the dirty work (he also appears to hate himself which, while not shocking, was never really set up beyond the few lines in this episode)). It's a very arbitrary and weak storyline even if the dramatic moments that follow are very strong (and sadly, the resulting death is somewhat meaningless since I have no real emotional attachment to Merle, so everything the audience feels has to come through our attachment to Daryl). I did love his moments with Michonne, even if her release made little to no sense.

And then there is Rick. I understand that he is struggling, but the show really took a dump on him by even allowing him to get to the point where he would actually start planning to surrender Michonne to the Governor. Issues of her rape and torture aside (yes that shit is awful and disgusting, but they live in the Apocalypse, so basic human decency is a believable tough sell), the show had to dumb Rick down quite a bit to make him even consider the Governor's proposal as being legitimate. There is little to no dramatic irony when it comes to the Governor: he is straight-up evil (or at least a monster) and anyone even glancing at him would be able to see him stepping on puppies, kicking kitten and sucking the souls from little babies (sadly, no one seems to actually look at him). There is no nuance, so Rick even considering his proposal requires a level of stupidity only seen by the likes of Andrea (and damn is she stupid...even if she is a hell of a good fighter).

Overall, the episode was decent. Some solid character development all around, and the Glenn B-story was especially nice (even if I now hear death bells ringing every time I look at him). Some great and well-paced action certainly helps, and Walking Dead continues to show that the writers know how to use their Zombie co-hosts for optimum results. 76/100.
Really? It was the opposite to me. All the Merle stuff I mean.

I honestly don't see how people can judge with 1/100 but what ever. If you'd quit it if it weren't for that one reason... why not? Every review of each episodeyou said the same thing.
Old 2013-03-26, 15:49   Link #592
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I would assume that he hadn't been alone the entire time and had just recently lost a group.
can you guess how he lost his group?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:42   Link #593
hero147

I am starting to dislike Glenn's character more and more. I haven't been liking his character development with Maggie. I wonder how many death flags he raised by proposing to Maggie? And right before one of the biggest battles the group will have to face...This does not bode well for Glenn fans.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 16:22   Link #594
Kyouka
Is Here

if Daryl dies we riot!
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 02:41   Link #595
EroKing

Carl is now a legit badass. R.I.P. Andrea, less talking and she could have been alive.
The group got bigger now. I guess they will now work on strengthening the defenses of the prison next season.
Old 2013-04-01, 03:29   Link #596
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Am I the only one who's really happy that Andrea is dead? I was getting so sick of her indecision and idiocy, even her death was stupid, she spent how long trying to get those pliers if she just focused for more than 2 seconds instead of staring at that guy whose name I forget she would've lived. Also how difficult is it to pick something up with your feet? I picked up a bottle, a bottlecap, a brush and a fork in half the time she did.

She just always picks the stupidest decision and she is such a wannabe badass, all that time with Michonne and she learnt nothing.

Also if the group was outside already why didn't they jump onto the mounted machine guns while the militia was inside, could've killed the Governor there and then. Also where were the militia's guns when he started gunning people down? And why did those two idiots jump in a car with him instead of shooting him in the head?

This series is starting to frustrate me, Carl is the only one with any sense and even he is slightly crazy

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:12   Link #597
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Am I the only one who thought carol looked boss as fuck in her new outfit? She looks like what I'd prefer fem Shep to look like.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:30   Link #598
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
. Also how difficult is it to pick something up with your feet? I picked up a bottle, a bottlecap, a brush and a fork in half the time she did.
Try the same trick -- when -- every second means closer to your own death.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:43   Link #599
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Carl made the right decision. The guy who ran up on them saw a kid (Carl) and an old man (Hershel) and was going to try something. It was pretty obvious in the way he was "handing" his shotgun over towards Carl, instead of laying it down as ordered.

And wow, the Gov totally snapped.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:46   Link #600
hero147

The season finale was soooo anticlimatic. The battle seemed way too short with the way they hyped it up for the whole season. I am disappointed. They spent a lot of time on Andrea's indecisiveness and naivety just to off her at the end as well. The show is starting to lose my interest. I'm not sure if I'll be back for season 4.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies