AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-03, 05:30   Link #41
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzile
It gives off a "Supernatural on the WB" vibe. That gives me mixed feelings.
*Crosses fingers in the hope that it won't become another "freak of the week" show*

The first episode didn't really impress me that much. Maybe after another episode or two that may change....
Old 2006-08-03, 08:09   Link #42
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Only things I disliked:
1) I don't like opening theme songs that have no vocals. It was generic and boring. Maybe I'll learn to like it over time.
I don't think that was the opening theme. You know how after the opening theme played, and the sponsor screen came up, there was a song playing in the background with vocals? That's probably the real opening song, but it won't show up until next episode. Lots of premier episodes of anime don't include the actual opening theme.

That part near the end where Naoya said he was hungry, and his brother could only stare back at him for three awkward minutes just made me laugh. It wasn't supposed to be funny, but it just looked so... out of place.

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-08-03, 08:26   Link #43
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
I don't think that was the opening theme. You know how after the opening theme played, and the sponsor screen came up, there was a song playing in the background with vocals? That's probably the real opening song, but it won't show up until next episode. Lots of premier episodes of anime don't include the actual opening theme.
Well the song that plays at the sponsor screen already shows up in the episode. Unless my ears are deceiving me, it's the same song as the one that played at the end of the episode just before the next ep preview. This happened with Coyote Ragtime Show as well, the actual opening song for the series was played at the end of the first episode(which also had no opening song). In subsequent episodes it was played at the start. Perhaps they'll do the same thing with this show.
Old 2006-08-03, 12:01   Link #44
mangafanatic

I got to say-- I was really excited about this show after the trailer. It looked like it could have all the element necessary to make a really great psychological thriller, but the first episode was completely. . . unimpressive. I really, really wanted to plung into this show, but it just didn't happen. The reason for that are as follows:

1) What is just me, or where there these scenes where it almost seemed like the animation. . . froze? o.0 I mean, there was minor movement, but there was just no dialogue for no apparent reason. That was weird, and it cheapened the entire atmosphere of the show, IMHO.

2) The production values (in the driving scenes in particular) seemed really low. I mean, take a moment to look at the older brother's mouth in those shots. Now, yes, I do understand saving money on animating dialogue by using one frame for the open mouth and another for the closed mouth, but it looks like they didn't even bother to draw seperate animation for his jaw with the mouth open and closed. They just played with the shadow and the very tip of his chin. Again, it looked really cheap.

3) I guess the story just wasn't as gripping, even though this is, admittedly, the first episode, as I had hoped it would be. Naturally, I'll give it several more episodes to make my final judgments, but I'm feeling very luke-warm about this show, for the moment.
Old 2006-08-04, 05:46   Link #45
Friday
Im shy too...

I agree, it is very slow just hope it picks up abit more later on in the series
Old 2006-08-04, 08:06   Link #46
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

The song in the Ed = The ed song. There is no Op song.
Old 2006-08-04, 08:10   Link #47
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
The song in the Ed = The ed song. There is no Op song.
There is an OP song actually, except that its just music (already shown in episode 1).

And I must say, the ED was pretty much the least impressive song I've heard this season. Ok, maybe except for H&C2's OP...
Old 2006-08-04, 09:29   Link #48
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Eclipze, I am aware, however the people here seem to be expecting vocals... perhaps I should've better worded that, but, same deal pretty much.
Old 2006-08-04, 13:30   Link #49
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
Eclipze, I am aware, however the people here seem to be expecting vocals... perhaps I should've better worded that, but, same deal pretty much.
Hmm yea, I understand, since I too thought that the vocal-less song was just an intro to the series itself, and that there would be a "proper" OP for the series on the 2nd episode (where I was proven wrong).

Come to think of it, I only remember one other anime having a vocal-less OP, and thats Cowboy Bebop (hence I'd think that vocal-less OP/ED in anime are quite uncommon in general).

And yea, enough off-topic rambling.
Old 2006-08-04, 14:08   Link #50
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

There have been a couple instrumental anime openings. Marimite and The Snow Queen are two of them. Still haven't downloaded the first couple episodes, but mayeb i'll wait until the show starts picking up (assuming it does).
Old 2006-08-04, 16:13   Link #51
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Oh boo hoo... songs don't make a series. 99% of the time the song doesn't even relate to the series anyways. Get over it.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-08-04, 21:37   Link #52
DracolichWitch

A few things... I'm intersted, but have yet to pass judgement on the series thus far. I do like that it is dark and NOT all happy happy happy joy joy. I LOVE the music.. EXCEPT for the freaking ending song... where the hell did that come from?? And lastly.. where the hell did they get the car and learn to drive it!!!??
Old 2006-08-04, 21:50   Link #53
lord yama
Haitoku no Honoo

Send a message via MSN to lord yama Send a message via Yahoo to lord yama
I kinda like it but i think i need to watch more eps in onder to decide if its a good series or not but i keep my hopes up. I'll be waiting for the next eps
Old 2006-08-05, 22:34   Link #54
Sakuya
*Artist

IMO the opening music sounds a bit...boring.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-05, 22:38   Link #55
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-06, 10:37   Link #56
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-08-06, 12:30   Link #57
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Come to think of it, I only remember one other anime having a vocal-less OP, and thats Cowboy Bebop (hence I'd think that vocal-less OP/ED in anime are quite uncommon in general).
Maria-sama ga Miteru & Yuki no Jouou (The Snow Queen) have been mentioned. Also:
Haibane Renmei
Seikai no Monshou (Crest of the Stars)
Seikai no Senki (Banner of the Stars)
Emma (OP & ED)
Monster (Sort of--vocals but no lyrics)
Texhnolyze (Right? I can't remember.)

It's like I'm playing a trivia game. Did I win?
Anyway, not so common.

では、
アイスル未来
Old 2006-08-06, 12:34   Link #58
sevenheaven7

is there any romance in this anime? not between guys of course (lol)
Old 2006-08-06, 14:54   Link #59
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Well...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-06, 20:42   Link #60
syniel

Thumbs down Subpar.. SO far..

I haven't been too impressed by this one so far. I'm up to ep 2 so far...

By the way the music style is 'minimalist' and it's not too bad.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, supernatural