Old 2014-03-06, 08:27   Link #2801
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Spoiler for episode 22:
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 08:28   Link #2802
justpassingby

Miuna prpr.

Kame-hame-ha!!! The Majin-buu saga was my first Dragon Ball VHS.
Old 2014-03-06, 08:39   Link #2803
kido22

where do you look?
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 10:35   Link #2804
kido22

Uroko-sama what to say?
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:48   Link #2805
hai_san

Another beautifull ep... i can't see how this all will end in a happy ending at the moment... of course i wish for a happy ending for all the characters but somehow i am very doubtful.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:07   Link #2806
leorodri100

episode 22: so i was right, god how i wish i wasn't!! this episode broke my heart in tiny pieces, the worst part was the end...

so ena is not only a underskin that lets you breath underwater, for the folks of shioshishio it's also their feelings it may be a only one powerful feeling that takes hold, in manaka's case it was love, she lost her ena, the feeling her ena hold was love
damn it blanked eye manaka made me cry
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:10   Link #2807
Miraluka
Banned

Sigh... I blame the writer and staff for showing overblown drama on this series so that now I can't feel it anymore, still I had some pity but it didn't move me as I wanted. Good episode btw.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:18   Link #2808
Utsuro no Hako

And so Minuna wins by default.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:19   Link #2809
Kakurin
大佐

Manaka's empty eyes return again... was pretty disturbing to see that at the end of Uroko-sama's speech. The question I ask myself is, can she regain that what she had lost? Because assuming with the Ena she lost her feelings and memories along with it simply gaining new Ena won't restore what she had felt before, right? Now I really think Miuna's going to be the sacrifice. Can't see Manaka being it again in the state she's in, in addition to the fact that before a significant part of her resisted being the Ojoshi-sama.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:24   Link #2810
leorodri100

wait....wait NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE

the red umbrella is not a marriege thing, is not oil paper umbrella it's only a normal umbrella, there is also the red string of the fate, so the red umbrella is only a representation of manaka's feelings! feelings that entered miuna, because she also shared love for hikari, wich is why miuna got ena, the scent uroko-sama said about miuna is the same scent he said about manaka at episode 2!

miuna is holding the red umbrella because she holds feelings for hikari, in the OP manaka is watching the umbrella, she is thinking about her memories with the one she loved wich might be tsumugu or hikari she regrets not having those memories and how it affects others, but wonder if it's better if she doesn't feel love, in the end manaka catches the umbrella, she gets her feelings back!

that being said, it was probably thanks to muina, that will probably sacrifice herlself so that hikari's feelings can finally reach manaka wich shows her as the sea god maiden in the OP, manaka as a sea maiden is because she is also a ojoshi-sama, they can manipulate the sacred fire wich means they get their ena in control

it's okay...manaka will be okay!
Old 2014-03-06, 12:24   Link #2811
GDB

So there's, what, 2 episodes left? I guess they intend to just wrap everything up with another sacrifice (Miuna) and call it a day. Pretty poor directing on their part that the "end of the world" plot feels more like a subplot, with "random teenage angst" as the main plot. With so little time left, and nothing really advancing as far as pairings go, I really doubt we'll get any confirmed pairs. Though I guess they can just skip all the "how" and show the "who" with an epilogue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:28   Link #2812
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So there's, what, 2 episodes left? I guess they intend to just wrap everything up with another sacrifice (Miuna) and call it a day. Pretty poor directing on their part that the "end of the world" plot feels more like a subplot, with "random teenage angst" as the main plot. With so little time left, and nothing really advancing as far as pairings go, I really doubt we'll get any confirmed pairs. Though I guess they can just skip all the "how" and show the "who" with an epilogue.
4 episodes left, Nagi no Asukara has 26 in total. As for the relationships, agree on most of them. This episode again had close to zero development in terms of pairings. That's why as of now I'd prefer not to have a happy-go-round-everybody-gets-a-mate ending.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:29   Link #2813
bakaouji

It seems that most of the consensual speculations turned out to be true. Manaka indeed has lost the ability to fall in love with someone-- a price that she had to pay if she was ever to return to the surface. The impending doom may have been hastened but relatively its still decades away from wiping the entire civilization. I would love to see what Hikari does with this revelation.

It was pretty tense when Isaki surmised loudly if he should confess to Chisaki right within her earshot. Her silence either indicated her indecision or perhaps the entire opposite of that. Maybe she's already made a decision. The show's definitely doing its best to keep her intentions inscrutable which intrigues me even more (although it lights the ire of some others who wish for a resolution).
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:39   Link #2814
Frozt

I can't wait till they show us the results of what the red belly slug reacted to Manaka's confession, and who she confessed about..
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 12:41   Link #2815
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about, and there was almost no progression in terms of pairings. I'm getting more and more pessimistic about the ending. It will be hard to end this on a satisfying note. I hope they won't have Miuna sacrifice herself for Hikari's happiness, because that would accomplish nothing. The cycle woulnd't be broken, she'd just be another incomplete sacrifice that can't truly love the sea (God). She needs to embrace her love for the sea or that will never work.

Nothing new on the Kaname/Chisaki/Tsumugu front. Kaname's second confession didn't even happen, screw the preview. It looks like Tsumugu wants to confess, but when will that happen? Not in the last episode, I hope. We still need development on Chisaki's side, but nothing will change if one of the boys doesn't act.
Old 2014-03-06, 13:00   Link #2816
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Nice episode and all but it all feels a bit late now. We've now got only four episodes remaining to resolve everything and it looks like they're pushing everything towards the end like I feared they would.

Now it feels like the only way this would make sense is if there was a second season, which obviously isn't happening.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 13:25   Link #2817
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
I can't wait till they show us the results of what the red belly slug reacted to Manaka's confession, and who she confessed about..
I bet the gem from the slug's gonna be featured pretty prominently soon. It's likely the last known remenants of Manaka's feelings of love, assuming the whole Ena thing falls apart (Which is probably gonna happen, this definitely ain't gonna be as simple as Muina giving Manaka her Ena back )
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 13:38   Link #2818
ices
Working Hard

We didn't need another sacrifice, right? Afterall, they'll survive in at least two more generation.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 13:48   Link #2819
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
We didn't need another sacrifice, right? Afterall, they'll survive in at least two more generation.
Ah, the politician's solution. If you don't know how to fix something, just enjoy yourself and leave the clean-up to future generations.
Old 2014-03-06, 13:52   Link #2820
leorodri100

They might not suffer from the snow now, but hikari is suffering with manaka's condition, and miuna being the perfect being okada wants her to be will sacrifice herself for hikari sake

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen