AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 170 62.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 70 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 5.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 3.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-12, 02:12   Link #321
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999
If you think about it, Rin and Saber should have called the cops and medias about the kidnapping. Since the holy grail war cannot be seen by others, they can rescue Shiro safely. Berserker can't kill all the interference without exposing their identity.
What makes you think Illya and Berserker wouldn't hesitate to kill off all of them? There had already been civilian casualties all oveer Fuyuki. Adding in one "mass slaughter" is acceptable...probably.

And knowing Rin, Saber and Archer, sending in a bunch of scapegoats as bait isn't their style.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 03:16   Link #322
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, such a blaze of glory just earned Archer an additional 1 million badass points. It's sad to see such an awesome character go. It would be interesting to see how Rin is going to continue on from this point.

What I was hoping (beyond hope) to see was Rin finally realizing who the hell Archer really was. And with the looks of things so far, we might never see what could've been one of the greatest moments in F/sn ever.

Spoiler for a possible game-related question and opinion:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 03:33   Link #323
kamikazex

its still possible maybe..in a flashback or something
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 05:44   Link #324
BrokenWingz

Before watching this episode, i knew it was going to be good, but after watching it 10 10 10, gave off so many emotions during the last 5 mins of the ep, and during Archer's fight scene was semi painful to watch and he kept on impressing me during the fight.
Spoiler for About Archer, DONT CLICK PEOPLE THAT DONT WANNA GET SPOILED:

Hercule's close ones were killed by Hera(i think) which made him mad/crazy/insane> thus beserker seems to be the most appropiate class for him.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 06:12   Link #325
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Hercule's close ones were killed by Hera(i think) which made him mad/crazy/insane> thus beserker seems to be the most appropiate class for him.
I've written about this before, but...

Hera caused Heracles to go insane, and Heracles himself killed his loved ones. To repent, he went to serve under King Eurystheus, who set the 12 labours for him.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 07:24   Link #326
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
but if you guys recall, at the starting episode when archer was summoned by rin, he stated that he do not remember his past ....... anyone remember this ???
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 07:38   Link #327
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Spoiler for About Archer, DONT CLICK PEOPLE THAT DONT WANNA GET SPOILED:
Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-04-12 at 10:16.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 08:06   Link #328
Kenshin Br

Send a message via MSN to Kenshin Br
63% - Perfect!?

I think that episode 14 was just good. ;(
Kenshin Br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 09:30   Link #329
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999
If you think about it, Rin and Saber should have called the cops and medias about the kidnapping. Since the holy grail war cannot be seen by others, they can rescue Shiro safely. Berserker can't kill all the interference without exposing their identity.
It's a pretty good idea. But of course it could have the cops asking "what makes you think he's at this location?" I mean a hunch may not be very convincing enough. They didn't have enough time to try this route. Plus I'm a little worried that the cop or two they sent out to the place to investigate might not end up missing. I mean innocent people do get killed at times in this war.

We should definately give Archer that 1 million badass point. He just kept on going even though there was little chance of victory. About Heracles I don't suppose we can just find some hydra poison? I hear that worked pretty well in the day.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 10:04   Link #330
IMSabbel

I agree on the million badass points.
Also note that Archer wasnt defeated.... He went to sparkles while standing on his feet, looking down on a berserker full of swords.

I dont think dissapearence because of being out of mana does hurt, so its a very clean way to go, too.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 10:37   Link #331
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
About Heracles I don't suppose we can just find some hydra poison? I hear that worked pretty well in the day.
More like some blood from a particular centaur, if I recall correctly, should do the trick
Old 2006-04-12, 10:45   Link #332
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
More like some blood from a particular centaur, if I recall correctly, should do the trick
Only if you want to stick his clothes to his body
Old 2006-04-12, 11:02   Link #333
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Only if you want to stick his clothes to his body
Well, he died though
Old 2006-04-12, 11:05   Link #334
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I believe it was the blood of a golden hyne (sp?) - a centaur like creature.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:49   Link #335
Amaranthine

It was a centaur, wasn't it? I think he was called Nessus...

And yeah, technically it wasn't that that killed him, it put him in incredible agony and tore his skin off when he tried to take the shirt off. The he asked for a funeral pyre to be built and... ended his suffering.

Wasn't just blood either, I don't think. It was also something else... something a little stickier. x_x
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 12:05   Link #336
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I prefer looking at it that Heracles just outlasted Archer and didn't beat him. I mean when you have 12 lives you can generally win a battle of endurance. So to beat this guy all we need is to hurt him a lot then throw him into a volcano, that should do it.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:14   Link #337
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
The centure in question try to kidnap his new wife, so hercule shot him with one of his arrows dip in blood of the hydra which is poisonous. It wasn't the centure that kill hercules but the poison form his own arrows.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-04-12 at 13:55.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:19   Link #338
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
I believe it was the blood of a golden hyne (sp?) - a centaur like creature.
The golden hyne thing was just soemthing the writers form the tv series threw in. it had nothing to do with the original stories concerning hercules. That series was riddle with inconsistances and gotten just about every bit of the greek myths wrong.
Old 2006-04-12, 13:31   Link #339
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
The centure in question try to kidnap his new wife, so hercule shot him with one of his arrows dip in blood of the hydra which is poisonous. It was the centure that kill hercules but the poison form his own arrows.
Nope. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Soon after they wed, Heracles and Deianira had to cross a river, and a centaur named Nessus offered to help Deianeira across but then attempted to rape her. Enraged, Heracles shot the centaur from the opposite shore with a poisoned arrow (tipped with the Lernean Hydra's blood) and killed him. As he lay dying, Nessus plotted revenge and told Deianira to gather up his blood and spilled semen and, if she ever wanted to make sure of Heracles' love, she should apply them to his vestments.

Later, when Deianira suspected that Heracles was preferring the company of Iole, she soaked a shirt of his in the mixture. Heracles' servant, Lichas, brought him the shirt and he put it on. Instantly he was in agony, the shirt burning into him. As he tried to remove it the flesh ripped from his bones. Heracles chose a voluntary death, asking that a pyre be built for him to end his suffering.
Old 2006-04-12, 13:56   Link #340
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
The golden hyne thing was just soemthing the writers form the tv series threw in. it had nothing to do with the original stories concerning hercules. That series was riddle with inconsistances and gotten just about every bit of the greek myths wrong.
Damn him then, than Kevin Sorbo! The "real" Heracles had a pretty hardass life.
Though is it possible that he could have been summmoned as a different class? I read somewhere that Heracles was pretty good with a bow.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2006-04-12 at 14:27.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote