AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-07, 14:07   Link #41
Gambino009
Phantom

Seriously...

it looks like Hanai... only with hairy arms and what not... and possibly a hairy chest

Oh man.. that would be funny, and a bit creepy.

Thank god it wasn't Togou, can you imagine that beast in a girl's uniform? Sick...
Old 2010-04-07, 15:13   Link #42
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
Thank god it wasn't Togou, can you imagine that beast in a girl's uniform? Sick...
unfortunately I can ahhaha xD
Togou's such a crazy character, i can imagine him wearing everything haha xD
if it's for the sake of a school competition he would even wear a girls uniform hahaha xD
Old 2010-04-08, 06:48   Link #43
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
.... thank you. Now I'm imagining it .... *shudder*
Damn you, my fantasy >_<
Old 2010-04-10, 19:45   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Reposting this.

KJ and Andou

Spoiler for Hentai Kamen KJ:
Old 2010-04-11, 16:25   Link #45
yakumo-chan

hey....

any anime you guys are currently watching..??

recently i've started to love k-on...

any anime you guys wanna prefer..??

there are only few anime that I have watched....

i only watch that is something interesting and funny like school rumble....
Old 2010-04-12, 03:44   Link #46
Gambino009
Phantom

I don't see any appeal to K-on...

but that's just me, I seriously enjoy comedy with some pervy hints =p... some action, and Romance

but I suppose it's better than reading a manga about a bunch of guys playing tennis..

the secret ingredient that seems to be a hit this days.. is the delinquent type vs the ever changing environment
Old 2010-04-12, 04:37   Link #47
yakumo-chan

Quote:
I seriously enjoy comedy with some pervy hints =p... some action, and Romance
me too
Quote:
but I suppose it's better than reading a manga about a bunch of guys playing tennis..
prince of tennis??? hahaha... ROFL!
Quote:
the secret ingredient that seems to be a hit this days.. is the delinquent type vs the ever changing environment
true.....

its just sad that KJ didnt continue the series......

is there an anime that like school rumble..???
that is fun to watch???
any anime you guys prefer??
Old 2010-04-12, 08:43   Link #48
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Like School Rumble is hard to find. I should know, I tried hard to get a replacement.

If you're looking for funny animes with good characters and hints of romance I can recommend those:

Midori no Hibi - seems weird at first, but is incredibly funny has a delinquent and is very sweet romantically wise

Kannagi - Very funny; great characters, but pretty much open end, becaus manga is still ongoing

Skip Beat! - shoujo, but without being cliché; extremely funny; and has romance too; manga is still ongoing though

Fruits Basket - if you haven't seen it yet! The manga ends it properly and yes it's complete.

Nyan Koi - is pretty decent, if you enjoy like the first two episodes you'll like the rest

Toradora - personally, I was let down by the second half, but it's still pretty good; protagonist is delinquent looking, but he is the total opposite

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - shoujo again, but very funny if you can laugh over the horror loving heroine XD

Nothing is really like SR, but these anime entertained me very nicely and all have comedy.
Have you seen Natsu no Arashi yet? That's by Jin Kobayashi after all (hey, back to topic! ) I've only seen the first season and wasn't that thrilled about it
Old 2010-04-12, 09:42   Link #49
Solafighter
Hige

Agree to Midori no Hibi (alias Midori Days).

Its perfect and its also one of my absolute to fav animes.

Well, even thought im not a big fan of it, how about Kimikiss pure rouge?
Old 2010-04-12, 10:09   Link #50
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Kimikiss is awful imo XD Specially in the comedy department.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:12   Link #51
hchop

A little off topic, but I just wonder, in most anime and manga, there is a foreigner character like Harry Mackenzie who is either dashing, hypersexual(like the girl from Ai Yori Aoshi), or very popular and has a thing for Japanese culture or an anime fan, have they ever thought of portraying an American/Westerner realistic, typical, or sarcastic/cynical? I'm not saying they should, but I think they could try to be contrast to those other types you see, I mean think of the antics they could pull off, or misunderstandings(language barrier and culture) I'm not saying they all act like that, but from what I see in media in the States, the typical ones aren't in to cuteness, and they seem to be sarcastic a lot, and conservative about appearance, that they would not approve of pervy stuff or ecchi. I just think it would be something if they portrayed one that is like this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

Last edited by hchop; 2010-04-12 at 12:29.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:53   Link #52
Solafighter
Hige

^ ???

What the ...?

I would not even try to compare an high class anime with some cartoons or comedy shows from america or other countries.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:58   Link #53
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Like School Rumble is hard to find. I should know, I tried hard to get a replacement.

If you're looking for funny animes with good characters and hints of romance I can recommend those:

Midori no Hibi - seems weird at first, but is incredibly funny has a delinquent and is very sweet romantically wise

Kannagi - Very funny; great characters, but pretty much open end, becaus manga is still ongoing

Skip Beat! - shoujo, but without being cliché; extremely funny; and has romance too; manga is still ongoing though

Fruits Basket - if you haven't seen it yet! The manga ends it properly and yes it's complete.

Nyan Koi - is pretty decent, if you enjoy like the first two episodes you'll like the rest

Toradora - personally, I was let down by the second half, but it's still pretty good; protagonist is delinquent looking, but he is the total opposite

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - shoujo again, but very funny if you can laugh over the horror loving heroine XD

Nothing is really like SR, but these anime entertained me very nicely and all have comedy.
Have you seen Natsu no Arashi yet? That's by Jin Kobayashi after all (hey, back to topic! ) I've only seen the first season and wasn't that thrilled about it
thanks zebra!!
gotta try one of those.....

i tried searching top 10 anime in youtube but all i see is DBZ,Conan,pokemon....etc
hahaha ROFL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Agree to Midori no Hibi (alias Midori Days).

Its perfect and its also one of my absolute to fav animes.

since sola loves it.... maybe im going to check that first.....

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2010-04-12 at 17:07.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:20   Link #54
hchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
^ ???

What the ...?

I would not even try to compare an high class anime with some cartoons or comedy shows from america or other countries.
Not really comparing, I'm just saying what if instead of making the foreigner stereotypical, like sexual or into anime or Japanese culture like most have(or like Harry, Lala or the English guys in SR), what if they made them like any of those?
Old 2010-04-12, 21:09   Link #55
Sphire

I know it's kinda off-topic for a JK thread, but I'll still recommend a few shows to yakumo-chan.

I loved school rumble and it is my top anime/manga. Out of the rest I've seen, only 3 shows come even close to appeasing me the way SR did, so they're all joint 2nd in my all-time anime list (everything else just gets kinda muddled together after that).

Having said that, none of them are 100% 'like' school rumble, but I still got a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of them:

1. Seto no Hanayome: High-school romance comedy. Great set of characters and great comedy to boot. Too bad it's only 1 season, but it did give a bit of closure at the end. I do hope there will be more coming someday.

2. Hayate no Gotoku: Admittedly, the manga is better simply because it's in chronological order. Anime-wise, the first season had it's moments, but I enjoyed the second more. You'll probably need to understand the chronological order of things to understand the flow better between the 2 seasons. It's more high-school comedy with a touch of romance. Great characters as well, and out of all the three, probably slightly my favourite. But that's mostly because of one particular character.

3. Kino's Journey: My favourite adventure anime, and the most different of the bunch. Nothing like school rumble, but was very enjoyable to me. Some great stories too.

And just to be on-topic, like zebra said, try watching Natsu no Arashi since it's from JK. The first episode of the first season had terrible animations if I remember correctly. But after that, it gets better on the eyes. I actually kinda liked the show. Sure not as good as SR, but kinda nice setting and characters. I prefer the first season over the second because the plot flowed better in the first. The second was more jumbled I thought, but that's because of the story and how it's told. I will say this though, it's probably a show better watched altogether in a short time, rather than 1 episode a week (like when newly aired).
Old 2010-04-13, 09:15   Link #56
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
since sola loves it.... maybe im going to check that first.....
I think you will love it, too Good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchop View Post
A little off topic, but I just wonder, in most anime and manga, there is a foreigner character like Harry Mackenzie who is either dashing, hypersexual(like the girl from Ai Yori Aoshi), or very popular and has a thing for Japanese culture or an anime fan, have they ever thought of portraying an American/Westerner realistic, typical, or sarcastic/cynical?
True, no western character comes to mind, but they have these character types too, just with their fellow japanese, don't they? If it's sarcastic Kyon comes to mind, for example.
It could be interesting, but most mangaka bring in a foreign heritage for looks or wealth and not really for character traits. Most western series aren't much better with their stereotypes of asian exchange students either . They are even worse, if you consider how positive the foreigners are often portrayed. A geeky foreigner, without extraordinary looks is hard to pull of, but could be interesting.

Last edited by zebra; 2010-04-13 at 09:54. Reason: forgot a quote
Old 2010-04-13, 14:38   Link #57
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchop View Post
A little off topic, but I just wonder, in most anime and manga, there is a foreigner character like Harry Mackenzie who is either dashing, hypersexual(like the girl from Ai Yori Aoshi), or very popular and has a thing for Japanese culture or an anime fan, have they ever thought of portraying an American/Westerner realistic, typical, or sarcastic/cynical?
I dunno why, but it really seems that way in asia, if u are foreigner, u're treated the best

I have experience because I have family in china and I'm often there and all the ppl I'd hung out with were really like "<ou like basketball? that's so cool" even if it's a total normal thing

in the mind of the asian ppl, foreigners are like super stars and I guess that's why they're always portrayed the best
Old 2010-04-13, 14:50   Link #58
Gambino009
Phantom

Same with me...

I go back to my country after so long... and everyone treats me like a king.

The chicks would stare, the old ladies would stare.. even the kids would stare...

it made me feel uncomfortable. So I can imagine how a foreigner must feel, of course I'm talking about Harry and all the guys that would want to kick his ass.. cause I'm pretty sure I had plenty of that =p
Old 2010-04-13, 15:12   Link #59
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Same for me when I go to the philippines XD
Old 2010-04-13, 16:33   Link #60
hchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
True, no western character comes to mind, but they have these character types too, just with their fellow japanese, don't they? If it's sarcastic Kyon comes to mind, for example.
It could be interesting, but most mangaka bring in a foreign heritage for looks or wealth and not really for character traits. Most western series aren't much better with their stereotypes of asian exchange students either . They are even worse, if you consider how positive the foreigners are often portrayed. A geeky foreigner, without extraordinary looks is hard to pull of, but could be interesting.
On the topic of Asians, there have been Chinese and some Indian in some manga/anime, but never once have I seen Koreans or Filipinos portrayed in any. But I also believe it would be interesting to see such foreigners, but also conservative types, especially American ones, I mean I've seen in Marmalade Boy, Ai Yori Aoshi and Genshiken season 2 Americans as sexual, but from what I see they are like the opposite. Imagine, one of them in your typical anime/manga scene with pervy and ecchi situations and misunderstandings and that person is there, think of the reaction, or better yet, he/she looks at the uniforms and complains to the teachers and principal that they look promiscuous, and he/she would make the girls and boys feel dirty and guilty. Or if they had a foreigner who is like Urkel, and the comedy turns into property damage, I think that would be interesting.
Closed Thread