AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-06, 08:38   Link #61
AKIKAN
Some Member

Yan Luo finally reappeared in the nick of time to save Shi Mu from Emperor Qun. Now she's a late stage god realm. We have absolutely no idea about what she did in the Dead Spirit World though. The last we saw of her is she killing off some powerful undead with great difficulty, but we have no idea who they are, or even how powerful they are (late stage god realm or peak middle stage god realm?). Are the undead enemies she kept killing from Heavenly Immortals? Were the boss she killed among the 12 Immortals? I have no idea. Her chapter is too pointless.

I still have no idea about why Ximen XUe and Jin Xiaochai helped Shi Mu when they clearly are on the opposes factions. What's Ximen Xue's agenda? Backstabbing everyone?

Zhong Xiu is kidnapped again as expected.

Who is Zhao Jian and his relation with the Heavenly Phoenix Clan as well as who his father is (Emperor Qun (I assumed he's called "venerable" by his subordinates) and Zhao Jian's father mentioned by Lu Zhen who just died are not the same person, so I guess Zhao Jian's father is one of the 12 Immortals, perhaps top ranking.).

Who betrayed White Ape Ancestor back then and caused him to suffer defeat by Emperor Qun? White Ape was already severely injured before fighting the emperor. Could they be related to the Heavenly Phoenix Clan and Zhao Jian?

From the conversation between Zhao Jian and Ximen Xue in ch. 929, 5 of the 12 Immortals died in the war between Kunlun & White Ape against Heavenly Immortals, namely #4, 6, 8, 10 & 12. Rank 4, 10 and 12 have already been replaced, while rank 6 and 8 are still vacant. Nagong Jing is ranked 11, Lu Zhen ranked 9, and Huo Tu Immortal ranked 8. I think something is wrong since #8 is supposed to be vacant. The author perhaps made mistake, he kept repeating Huo Tu as 8th immortal too. Also, why didn't the ranking changed after ones are dead? The lower ranks should moved up.

I wonder who is Qiang Tai whom Ximen Xue got heritage and skeleton from Kunlun. Immortal ranked 4th or 6th?

Zhu Yan was also on Heavenly Immortals' faction in the past, since he was one of the 3 devil ancestors then he should be very high ranking in Heavenly Immortals, perhaps ranked 4th.

Now that 3 immortals fell by Shi Mu's hands, #8, 9 & 11. And #6 & 8 (or another since the author will probably changed it later once he discovered his mistake) are vacant. Only 7 immortals are left. Someone else besides Shi Mu should also be able to fight against the immortals e.g. Yan Luo and might even killed one, so I guess only half are left after the 4th arc.

Now I wonder when we'll meet someone from Dead Spirit World and Devil Territory again. Heavenly Immortals might be the strongest powerhouse but there should be someone powerful besides Shi Mu and Yan Luo who opposed them. White Ape said that no more than 5 have opened "blood sea" like Shi Mu, when White Ape failed to do so, I hope that not all of them are from Heavenly Immortals.

PS. as of ch 983, #3 of the 12 Immortals, Jiang Gaoming with law of destruction. finally appeared to fight against Yan Luo, and he's still a middle stage god realm. This guy shoots a pair of laser beams from his covered eyes, basically Cyclops from X-Men.

Zhao Jian is a cowardly bastard. Zhong Xiu is very very useless and only served to disadvantage Shi Mu.

Last edited by AKIKAN; 2017-05-07 at 06:27. Reason: Updates
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 01:37   Link #62
Arkeus

Ahah, finally getting up to date myself. It seems to me a lot of what happened are things we are reading completely differently.

I am currently when Shi Mu, Yan Luo and a evil spirit guy are in the evil spirit universe? and punching the face of Yan Luo's old subordinates who betrayed her after she disappeared.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 04:16   Link #63
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Ahah, finally getting up to date myself. It seems to me a lot of what happened are things we are reading completely differently.

I am currently when Shi Mu, Yan Luo and a evil spirit guy are in the evil spirit universe? and punching the face of Yan Luo's old subordinates who betrayed her after she disappeared.
Come on! Yan Luo & co. & Shi Mu vs ancient barbarians & traitorous devils are like 200 chapters ago.

Why would you keep calling them evil spirit anyway? Most of the translation call them as "devil" or "fiend" race, since demon are those "yao" in Chinese language, aka White Ape and such, while evil is normally "xie" (there's even separate race called "evil" in Limitless Sword God).
Old 2017-05-09, 12:58   Link #64
Arkeus

There is a translation? I am just putting them in a MT program and reading them this way.
Old 2017-05-10, 08:56   Link #65
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
There is a translation? I am just putting them in a MT program and reading them this way.
Check lnmtl.com for almost up-to-date high quality machine translation with names and terms (character, place, cultivation, ranks, skills, medicine, items and some monsters).
Old 2017-05-16, 15:28   Link #66
AKIKAN
Some Member

Soon, Nine Turn Mysterous Gong to reach the last level!

Finally!
Spoiler for ch 1002:

Well, it seems like 6 Immortals are left from 12. Rank 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, are present in ch 1004. Rank 1 & 2 unknown.

Rank1 & 2 unknown, hopefully they're late stage god realm waiting to be killed by Shi Mu.
Rank 3 is white robe cyclops Gao Ming, ranking remians the same from thousand years a.
Rank 4 is a green robe young woman.
Rank 5 is a swordman with yin-yang swords and face.
Rank 10 is young pale blue robe monk with golden beads.
Rank 11 is Ximen Xue, replaced Nangong Jing.
Rank 12 is Feng Li.

Since 3 Immortals just died very recently (from thousand years ago rank 8, 9 and 11, ranking probably changed before being killed by Shi Mu, since Lu Zhen is much stronger than rank 8 while himself rank 9), I suppose rank 10-12 were replaced right after. That's quite fast. Also, during the previous great war between the White Ape Alliance and Kunlun and Heavenly Immortals, only 4 Immortals fell, Shi Mu's result is pretty decent.

BTW, it seems like Ximen Xue's goal is to reach Immortal Realm, by backstabbing everyone to reach her goal.

Li Sheng's true name is Cang Xuan.

Last edited by AKIKAN; 2017-05-20 at 04:37. Reason: fixed 3rd seat
Old 2017-05-20, 08:08   Link #67
AKIKAN
Some Member

Screw this! Wang Yu's release has become very late recently, iwth 2 chapters released almost at the same time, but very late. Some days there are only 1 chapter released.
Old 2017-05-20, 17:19   Link #68
Arkeus

Huh I had expected Zhao Jian to die much sooner. He was much less interesting as a villain than what's his name, the one who wanted to ally with Shi Mu.
Old 2017-05-22, 04:04   Link #69
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Huh I had expected Zhao Jian to die much sooner. He was much less interesting as a villain than what's his name, the one who wanted to ally with Shi Mu.
Who is the villain who wanted to ally with Shi Mu anyway? I don't remember oe such.

Also, we have no idea who Zhao Jian really is or his connection to the White Ape. It seems like infused Zhao Jian's blood with that of White Ape's and let him practice Nine Turn Mysterious Gong for some reason. Also, their plan to open the portal of wonderland seems to be in need of White Ape's divine eyes, that Shi Mu now possessed (he has his own divine heart that opened his blood sea to practice body refining technique surpassing that of White Ape who failed to open the blood sea, and now divine eyes from White Ape blood being completed).
Old 2017-05-25, 07:38   Link #70
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
Who is the villain who wanted to ally with Shi Mu anyway? I don't remember oe such.
The one who used to have Falling Sendai and was the leader of the undead summoning sect back in his homeworld.

Also, I find it rather interesting that after Demon Diary where you basically didn't have any of the 'original' secondary characters making great progress while offscreen, Portal of Wonderland does this a lot. I think I prefer it this way, though I also liked the whole "It's really hard to progress" feel in DD.
Old 2017-05-25, 16:03   Link #71
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
The one who used to have Falling Sendai and was the leader of the undead summoning sect back in his homeworld.

Also, I find it rather interesting that after Demon Diary where you basically didn't have any of the 'original' secondary characters making great progress while offscreen, Portal of Wonderland does this a lot. I think I prefer it this way, though I also liked the whole "It's really hard to progress" feel in DD.
Yeah, I actually like Liu An as a villain a lot. He died too long ago so I sort of forget him.

I'm annoyed that we got Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai somehow advanced to their current cultivation for no reason (well, Ximen Xue was weird even before she luckily got the inheritance in Kunlun since Yan Luo sensed her unknown breathe, but Jin Xiaochai?). Feng Li also advanced very fast. But I don't see the bead girl at all. She's the very first girl in the novel, but she got retconned, while Ximen Xue made appearance a lot. I just hope that the bead girl won't become another sword saint girl from DD.

I'm also pissed that Xiu-er exists only to be almost of no use to Shi Mu, as well as c**kblock device for other girls.

Still, this novel really is fast pace. RMJI is over 2400 chapters long before Han Li ascended to immortal realm, DD is over 1500 chapters long before Liu Ming ascended to immortal realm, while this novel is almost at the end now that Shi Mu's cultivation isalmost comparable to the highest cultivation level in RMJI below immortal realm. I's too fast that I hope we'll get to see immortal realm in action, not just the ending of RMJI (or worse, DD never shows).
Old 2017-07-06, 06:17   Link #72
AKIKAN
Some Member

The novel has now ended.

The finale ends with Yan Luo and Li Sheng left through the portal of wonderland to immortal realm, while Shi Mu stayed behind for 100 years to find Zhong Xiu by himself and reuniting with Zhong Xiu, Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai. The best girl got dumped, although there's a chance they'll be reunited. This time, we didn't get to see his immortal tribulation like in RMJI and DD.

Wang Yu's endings suck. It's like reading 1000 chapters of relatively slow-paced but high in detailed then near the finale everything is rushed and a lot of mysteries and plot holes are left unanswered.

I hope the next novel will set in immortal realm.
Old 2017-07-09, 13:56   Link #73
Arkeus

Quote:
The novel has now ended.

The finale ends with Yan Luo and Li Sheng left through the portal of wonderland to immortal realm, while Shi Mu stayed behind for 100 years to find Zhong Xiu by himself and reuniting with Zhong Xiu, Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai. The best girl got dumped, although there's a chance they'll be reunited. This time, we didn't get to see his immortal tribulation like in RMJI and DD.

Wang Yu's endings suck. It's like reading 1000 chapters of relatively slow-paced but high in detailed then near the finale everything is rushed and a lot of mysteries and plot holes are left unanswered.

I hope the next novel will set in immortal realm.
Oh, it's ended? I guess I should try to finish it then, I was distracted recently.

Do you know what Wang Yu is writing now, if anything?
Old 2017-07-09, 16:07   Link #74
pedrojames

whos the best girl that was dumped ? yan luo ? how was his relationship with ximen xue in the end ?
pedrojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 02:50   Link #75
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Oh, it's ended? I guess I should try to finish it then, I was distracted recently.

Do you know what Wang Yu is writing now, if anything?
It seems like it's a book end, not the grand finale I thought it were.

Now Shi Mu reunited with Zhong Xiu, Ximen Xue and Jin Xiaochai. They're talking about what happened in the great war with Heaven and Emperor Qun, as well as how the Portal of Wonderland transformed the Starfield Territory completely. ZHong XIu already called Shi Mu "husband" while Ximen Xue had the hot for Shi Mu, but kept silent (Zhong Xiu allowed and urged Shi Mu to take Ximen Xue as another woman though) while Jin Xiaochai, I still don't know her motive.

It seems like we'll know what happened with the bead girl Zhang Xian soon, since her master, a blue dess court lady with cultivation base of early stage sky realm has made an appearance again (or was that actually the bead girl?, if so I'll be really disappointed).

@pedrojames
Yan Luo, best girl, already left for Immortal Realm, no idea if we'll see her again.
Old 2017-07-10, 03:34   Link #76
Arkeus

Quote:

@pedrojames
Yan Luo, best girl, already left for Immortal Realm, no idea if we'll see her again.
I'm glad you are liking Yan Luo now and don't think she is just a waste of time anymore

Also yay, not over!
Old 2017-09-18, 05:06   Link #77
AKIKAN
Some Member

Damn! The novel finally ended. We didn't even get to see immortal realm. Shi Mu ended up with 2 girls (Zhong Xiu & Ximan Xue), with Jin Xiaochai following them. He left them when he finally ascended though. It's quite boring.

Spoiler for possible connection:
Old 2017-09-18, 17:35   Link #78
Arkeus

Yikes, that connection is scary.

Also, does this mean there has been no Yan Luo at all since she left?
Old 2017-11-01, 15:19   Link #79
AKIKAN
Some Member

Some chapters of Wang Yu's new novel are released. I have no idea when he started writing a new one. Hopefully I'll get to see the immortal realm this time.

BTW, does anyone know when Mother Insect appeared in RMJI? I also wonder if connection to Shi Mu is mentioned there. TPOW is a prequel to DD, which in turn came before RMJI (since Mother Insect was still alive and fine in DD).

Fuck WY! The most recent release of the web novel is in 28 October. Back during TPOW 200 last chapters only 1 ch/day then it became 1 ch/2-3 days. Hiatus this time?

Last edited by AKIKAN; 2017-11-03 at 05:29. Reason: The new novel is on hiatus
Old 2017-11-07, 19:01   Link #80
Arkeus

Wasn't mother insect dead in DD? I seem to remember it being a plot point, though it might have been false.