AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-21, 06:29   Link #7961
kari-no-sugata II

It looks like Shiro plans to eventually explain everything that she safely can (I don't think explaining the downsides of her plan to shut down the System would be considered "safe" though). I think she was right to start with explaining the current situation - immediately launching into the history of the System and the planet would be rather too abstract at this point. But yeah, suddenly throwing out "you're now prisoners of the demons" would be a bit of a shock to most people

Dunno how Shun's arrival will affect things. So far he sounds willing to listen rather than about to rant and rave or something. We'll have to wait and see how much Taboo has affected him and whether there's any surprise content within Taboo (will it have any updated content?).

Since Shiro is explaining the current situation, it probably won't be too long until she mentions that all the elves have been killed. I wonder if she will do anything to demonstrate all the hidden technology and weapons that Potimas had. Also for example - is the "UFO" still hanging around? It would make for a rather tangible proof that there was way more going on with the elves than anyone else thought.

Edit: Also, if Shiro is going to talk a lot then she'll probably want to take a drink at some point. Since she has "previous" I wonder what the chances are that she'll casually bring out something from Earth

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2017-09-21 at 06:53.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 07:02   Link #7962
Breimn

Lets just hope it is not sake or something with coffeeine lol .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 07:05   Link #7963
tsunade666

Didn't she promise to not drink Sake for a while? when she molest/eat vampire girl.
Old 2017-09-21, 07:29   Link #7964
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Lets just hope it is not sake or something with coffeeine lol .
The probability is not zero but if we're assuming that Shiro is just doing it subconsciously she'll probably pull out something safe by default. She wouldn't have any reason to keep things that are specifically dangerous to her lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Didn't she promise to not drink Sake for a while? when she molest/eat vampire girl.
She did... though she has gotten drunk at least one time after that (when Ariel wanted her pajama party...)
Old 2017-09-21, 09:27   Link #7965
Breimn

Shun ch, taboo time
The whole past arc was something someone has shown Shun(probably Sariel) ,and taboo lvl 10 s effects are shown.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 10:15   Link #7966
kari-no-sugata II

Meep. So getting Taboo to LV10 gets you a "Taboo Menu" with all sorts of interesting things. And you can't turn it off! The Taboo menu even has a special entry on n%I=W !! (I remember that immediately after Kumoko got Taboo LV10 she made a comment on that skill, so this isn't a surprise really)

I agree that it's probably Sariel that showed Shun the dream. I can't think of anyone else who might refer to D as "D-sama" and Shiro as "Shiro-san" - let alone know details about the System. According to Shun the differences between the info in Taboo menu itself and the dream he saw was quite small - mainly that the dream mentioned Potimas by name and the fact that the dragons stole the energy from the planet, with the deleted details was so that D could have more fun. No surprise that Potimas wasn't mentioned by name in Taboo.

Would be very interesting if this is in fact Sariel. She refers to Shiro as mild-manned (calm personality). So far, I can't see anything that just made things worse for Shiro. The fact that Shun will be able to independently confirm that Potimas caused it all will help her. Of course, there's still the "minor" issue that Shun is staring into the eyes of his brother's killer.

So overall, it feels like Sariel is definitely intervening... but to what end?
Old 2017-09-21, 10:45   Link #7967
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The only time "D-sama" appears is at the end and that part really just seems like author's note. Shun still doesn't know D, and thinks that the system was started by Gyurie.
Old 2017-09-21, 10:50   Link #7968
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
The only time "D-sama" appears is at the end and that part really just seems like author's note. Shun still doesn't know D, and thinks that the system was started by Gyurie.
The last two lines feel like an author's comment (シュンの見た夢  誰かが見せた夢?)

The block above there is the thoughts of someone, rather than narration or exposition - I feel quite confident about that. The author wouldn't write an author note like that.
Old 2017-09-21, 10:58   Link #7969
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The tone of that paragraph is too laid back to be be Sariel. The last line even basically says "more details later on". I can't think of it as anything other than author's comment.
Old 2017-09-21, 11:27   Link #7970
kari-no-sugata II

The author definitely does not talk about D and Shiro like that. For example, see chapter 455.

I agree it does feel more casual than what we've seen with Sariel's spoken words. I guess it's not impossible that this is Meido-san either but her pattern of speaking is also similar to Sariel.
Old 2017-09-21, 12:18   Link #7971
tsunade666

sigh.... just kill shun already and be done with it.
Old 2017-09-21, 12:24   Link #7972
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

thinking about, someone is needed to stick around and lead society after everything is done.

Shiro s going to be the NEET god of the world
Wrath is looking forward to dying
Sophia....
Ariel is going to die
Dustbin is going to die
Kuro will either die or get drunk

that leaves Shun to pick up the pieces

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2017-09-21 at 12:35.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 13:52   Link #7973
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
thinking about, someone is needed to stick around and lead society after everything is done.

Shiro s going to be the NEET god of the world
Wrath is looking forward to dying
Sophia....
Ariel is going to die
Dustbin is going to die
Kuro will either die or get drunk

that leaves Shun to pick up the pieces
Shun would be another disaster waiting to happen, perhaps. I doubt Shiro would approve of him, unless he mans up a LOT. I'm not sure Shun would want to stay either.

If Shiro does place anyone in charge it would probably be Dustin. I'm sure she could keep him alive if she felt like it. Dustin would probably accept too. Unlike others, Dustin wouldn't need any guidance or supervision really either, so nice and relaxing for Shiro.

Of course, Shiro could also decide that she doesn't particularly care if things go to hell and puts Sophia in charge Survival of the fittest!
Old 2017-09-21, 14:28   Link #7974
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Shun would be another disaster waiting to happen, perhaps. I doubt Shiro would approve of him, unless he mans up a LOT. I'm not sure Shun would want to stay either.

If Shiro does place anyone in charge it would probably be Dustin. I'm sure she could keep him alive if she felt like it. Dustin would probably accept too. Unlike others, Dustin wouldn't need any guidance or supervision really either, so nice and relaxing for Shiro.

Of course, Shiro could also decide that she doesn't particularly care if things go to hell and puts Sophia in charge Survival of the fittest!
Dustin's soul is as old and Ariel. I doubt he will last that much longer.

And Shun will want to stay because he is the Hero. That is also assuming that Shiro will set the rest back to earth.
Old 2017-09-21, 14:43   Link #7975
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Dustin's soul is as old and Ariel. I doubt he will last that much longer.

And Shun will want to stay because he is the Hero. That is also assuming that Shiro will set the rest back to earth.
Dustin has died many times so the soul "age" should be somewhat reset. But maybe Dustin could be suffering from soul abrasion? Anyway, I could see Shiro trying to "hire" him at least. (Cue Shiro doing a D-like devil's temptation...)

But I really really can't see Shiro being too keen on Shun being in charge. He doesn't have the skills. She doesn't think much of him in general. Even if he becomes a god, which would feel like a horrible cheat probably, I still don't think Shiro would approve of him. Shun was only keen on being the Hero because he idolised Julius. Since he's about to find out that the Hero's existence was harmful, he might well re-evaluate that.
Old 2017-09-21, 15:04   Link #7976
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Dustin has died many times so the soul "age" should be somewhat reset. But maybe Dustin could be suffering from soul abrasion? Anyway, I could see Shiro trying to "hire" him at least. (Cue Shiro doing a D-like devil's temptation...)
the people in the ice dragon country whose soul have gone through the cycle and are getting tatter.

Quote:
But I really really can't see Shiro being too keen on Shun being in charge. He doesn't have the skills. She doesn't think much of him in general. Even if he becomes a god, which would feel like a horrible cheat probably, I still don't think Shiro would approve of him. Shun was only keen on being the Hero because he idolised Julius. Since he's about to find out that the Hero's existence was harmful, he might well re-evaluate that.
whatever she think of Shun. Shiro going to have work with what she's got. After taking down the system, the lucky people will be dead and survivors will be living in hell on earth.
Shun in his favor
1. Royal Family
2. Hero
3. Defeats the evil Yuugo

He can rally the rest of humanity and has the clout to extend hands of friendship to the Demons. He checks all the boxes that none of the other do.
Old 2017-09-21, 16:35   Link #7977
ShifuGamer

Iv been wondering if I should start reading this. Iv read the manga and I can already tell. No reverse harem or romance. But does she gain a more human form?
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 17:25   Link #7978
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
Iv been wondering if I should start reading this. Iv read the manga and I can already tell. No reverse harem or romance. But does she gain a more human form?
Yes, she does. The current manga is up to about chapter 90 of the WN. There is a huge amount of content ahead and the scope of the story changes enormously.
Old 2017-09-21, 18:00   Link #7979
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "S30 - Taboo"

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-22, 03:33   Link #7980
Arkeus

Quote:

whatever she think of Shun. Shiro going to have work with what she's got. After taking down the system, the lucky people will be dead and survivors will be living in hell on earth.
Shun in his favor
1. Royal Family
2. Hero
3. Defeats the evil Yuugo

He can rally the rest of humanity and has the clout to extend hands of friendship to the Demons. He checks all the boxes that none of the other do.
But none of that is needed?

I mean, in Shiro's mind, Felmina or Mera are much better leaders than Shuro, even for leading the humans. It's not like Shiro's going to leave enough humans that they can want 'royal family' or whatever, and as far as humans know it's Shuro that's evil, not Yuugo.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation