AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-03, 15:10   Link #1881
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Bitch finally got what was coming for him. It's about time he understands that working with dozens of ideas from other people just doesn't work anymore, especially if these people have no obligation to follow him. He could've been much better but his method ended up backfiring on him. Maybe next time he tries to do something, it'll be his own creation and not that of fifty other people, except that his reputation in jump has been tarnished since everyone knows what he's been doing. As Anh Minh said, I'm more curious about what will happen to his editor.

Also, I'm not too interested in knowing what will happen to Nakai. He should go back home and do some manual labour rather than keep eating pizza like there's no tmo. And points go to nobuo for being a schoolgirl troll indeed
Old 2011-04-03, 15:11   Link #1882
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Lolz@ final page of the new chapter...

Now we only need to endure 1(hopefully) more chapter of this arc for resolution

Here's to hoping next arc will be a better planned out one.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:37   Link #1883
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

started off great and did go down a little.

was hopeing for much more greater battle. though don't really know how else it could have ended considering his character was up on a high pedestal. unless he went into a violent rage which does not fit bakuman.

depending on how things go, can see him coming back stronger. espically if the young editor manages to bring him back after his meltdown.

Naki shot himself in the foot. i was hopeing to see him redeem himself even a little.
Old 2011-04-04, 13:25   Link #1884
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
Naki shot himself in the foot. i was hopeing to see him redeem himself even a little.
Despite how self-absorbed he was in the beginning, I liked him a lot better before this new arc because before, he showed some dedication to his own work. He was nothing but Nanamine's lapdog in this one. I don't want to see him again after this arc....ever. Unless he loses weight. All of it.
Old 2011-04-04, 14:13   Link #1885
Xagzan

I don't want to see Nanamine again either. He just has an ugly personality. So did Light eventually, but he was the protagonist so it was more ok.

And for god's sake Nakai, STOP HITTING ON YOUNGER CHICKS. Jeez, go after someone your own age. They're more desperate to get married anyway!
Old 2011-04-04, 15:01   Link #1886
qwertyuiopz

im really confused with the timeline of this manga and how it flies so fast i wish he would put dates in from time to time
Old 2011-04-04, 16:29   Link #1887
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And for god's sake Nakai, STOP HITTING ON YOUNGER CHICKS. Jeez, go after someone your own age. They're more desperate to get married anyway!

The girl's line made me laugh so hard. "I wouldn't want people to think "this girl has such an uncool dad".

Eh, I doubt even woman his age would want somebody like him. He's ugly on the outside and the inside now. He has no redeemable qualities whatsoever.
Old 2011-04-04, 16:40   Link #1888
lightbringer
M9000

I think many of us were secretly rooting for Nakai. That is, before he turned into the total jerk he is now. That scene when he was freezing his ass off in the snow and then get covered by the umbrella was quite moving. At this point, he should just retire gracefully and enter the workforce.

qwertyuiopz, I think around five or six years have passed at this point don't take my word for it though Better than a certain manga about a certain detective in which twenty+ years pass but noone ages at all
Old 2011-04-04, 16:54   Link #1889
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I think many of us were secretly rooting for Nakai. That is, before he turned into the total jerk he is now. That scene when he was freezing his ass off in the snow and then get covered by the umbrella was quite moving. At this point, he should just retire gracefully and enter the workforce.

qwertyuiopz, I think around five or six years have passed at this point don't take my word for it though Better than a certain manga about a certain detective in which twenty+ years pass but noone ages at all
i think 6 is too much, 4 or 5 is my guess. good excuse to go re-read the series.

edit: almost forgot, new month new sig
Old 2011-04-04, 18:15   Link #1890
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think 6 is too much, 4 or 5 is my guess. good excuse to go re-read the series.
On the contrary,to me it seems 6 is not enough,I think we're getting close to 8 years,
When the manga started they were 14 (shortly after the start of the last year of middle school), in chapter 113 they say they're 21 so that's 7 years,ch113 took place in april and now we're in january.So in a few chapters it will be 8 years.
Old 2011-04-04, 18:20   Link #1891
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
On the contrary,to me it seems 6 is not enough,I think we're getting close to 8 years,
When the manga started they were 14 (shortly after the start of the last year of middle school), in chapter 113 they say they're 21 so that's 7 years,ch113 took place in april and now we're in january.So in a few chapters it will be 8 years.
you are correct, i thought they were in middle of high school when this started.
Old 2011-04-04, 23:22   Link #1892
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I think many of us were secretly rooting for Nakai. That is, before he turned into the total jerk he is now.
Nope, you're on your own there . Even after his first appearance, he only wanted to work with Aoki because he liked her. That quickly turned into out huge mess.
Old 2011-04-04, 23:37   Link #1893
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

re-reading from the start, up to c14 right now.
things i am noticing
1. Hattor was really skinny in the first chapter he appear in. Either the artist adjust the design or hattori put on a lot of weight.

2. Miyoshi looks better in the later chapters. Her first appearance was definitely kinda meh.

3. While Takagi doesn't look like he change much, i though Saiko looks a bit more mature in the later chapter when compare to the earlier ones.
Old 2011-04-09, 03:51   Link #1894
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 127:
Old 2011-04-09, 05:47   Link #1895
lightbringer
M9000

Looks like it really will be eight years. There's talk of college graduation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope, you're on your own there . Even after his first appearance, he only wanted to work with Aoki because he liked her. That quickly turned into out huge mess.
Lol, OK, point taken

This week was too cool for Nanamine. And Kosugi can keep that "smell of sweat", I'll pass on that.
Old 2011-04-09, 06:06   Link #1896
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Shiroth, I think Kosugi's best line was...
Spoiler for line:
Old 2011-04-09, 07:09   Link #1897
lightbringer
M9000

There's probably gonna be an explosion of NanaminexKosugi doujin after this, eh?
Old 2011-04-09, 12:04   Link #1898
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, did Nanamine go ahead and fire Nakai after all? I sure hope so.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:36   Link #1899
Xagzan

Nice to see Matsuda Kosugi finally go Falcon PAWNCH. Looks like cray cray Nanamine was redeemed after all.

Has it really been 8 years? Takagi's statement really caught me off guard, reminding me of just how much they have grown.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:41   Link #1900
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah... That reminds me - what's Kaya doing? College student? Full-time housewife?
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen