AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 15:40   Link #3481
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Finished it last night (though I really shouldn't have stayed up that late ).

Spoiler for Dracu-Riot; Miu's Route Ending:
Spoiler for Miu's route ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
The thing I liked most about the ending, though, was that they had a very good epilogue that actually wrapped up all the loose ends. I find this is so often neglected in eroge; they'll have a big climax, run the credits, and then do a brief "sometime later" scene and that's it. But here they tried to close all the open threads, and that left me with a good feeling about the story, despite some of the crazy over-the-top elements.
Aye, I agree that this is a part that Dracu Riot manages fairly well. As someone who also tends to lament the frequent lack of a proper (> 15 sentences) epilogue, the more lengthy exposition of how things continue after the dust has settled is certainly welcome. Even if it's more of the same thing we are used to, it's still nice to actually see that fact.

Quote:
Looks like I'm playing in the same order as everyone else; Erina is next.
I see you also don't believe in saving the best for the last Heroine preferences aside though, I do believe this is the "best" way to play the routes in - or at the very least, Miu and Erina before Rio and Azusa, due to how specific common plot points are handled in these specific routes. Though I won't comment on this more deeply for now, too many spoilers
Old 2012-04-16, 16:30   Link #3482
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for Miu's route ending:
Spoiler for Dracu-Riot; Miu's Route:
Old 2012-04-17, 07:24   Link #3483
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So after much back and forth guessing, I decided to give Grisaia no Kajitsu a shot. I was already made aware of its genres in advance and spoiled myself with reviews .
I just completed Amane's route, and jeez it had to be just another exaggerated drama available. It's premise understandable; the development? too extreme/over-the-top for my taste. Maybe such an incident is actually not that farfetched in RL, but still it felt heavyily like "stacking all worst-case scenarios to incrase the drama value".
I also admit that I didn't like Yuuji in the beginning phase. His sense of humor/antics were mostly hit or miss for me and I disliked how he at times had a rude manner towards the girls (I'm aware he's like this due to his job, background or whatever). But, once he has started to become more "normal", it also started to become more agreeable.
Next is either Yumiko or Michiru.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 12:41   Link #3484
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So now, having finished Erina's route, it puts the rest of what you guys were saying about Miu's route into context.

Spoiler for Dracu-Riot; Erina's route:
Old 2012-04-18, 14:10   Link #3485
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
So now, having finished Erina's route, it puts the rest of what you guys were saying about Miu's route into context.

Spoiler for Erina's route:
Old 2012-04-18, 14:32   Link #3486
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

Seems like Miu -> Erina -> Rio -> Azusa (-> Reverse-Trap) has become the "normed" play order . Although for me, I finished Erina's route first, after reaching ecchi 1 on all routes first to get a romance comparion.

Spoiler for Miu <-> Erina:
Old 2012-04-18, 15:05   Link #3487
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I am ready to start MonsterGirlQuest 2.
Is there any way to import something from part 1, or do you just jump into it?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:27   Link #3488
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Dracu-Riot, Erina:
Old 2012-04-18, 15:30   Link #3489
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for Erina's route:
Spoiler for Dracu-Riot; Erina's Epilogue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Spoiler for Dracu-Riot, Erina:
Spoiler for see context...:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-18 at 15:48.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:34   Link #3490
hyl
reading #hikaributts

It seems that people are still playing dracu-riot. Like other people who have read Dracu-Riot my favorite route was also Erina, eventhough I personally like Miu as a character slightly (just slightly) better.

Quote:

It's like Renai 0 km.
Spoiler for Nokia:

Back to Natsuyume Nagisa after slacking so much that I have only finished Hitsuji's route. I was impressed how good that route turned out to be and the best part is that it had a good and satisfying end unlike most routes in HatsuSaku.
If the other stories are just as good as this route, then i am surprised how Sagaplanets messed up Kisaragi Goldstar so much.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:44   Link #3491
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
It's premise understandable; the development? too extreme/over-the-top for my taste. Maybe such an incident is actually not that farfetched in RL, but still it felt heavyily like "stacking all worst-case scenarios to incrase the drama value".
It was actually pretty tame compared to other stories which deal with similar events. Angelic Howl was one of my favorite parts of Grisaia because it's a very well done depiction of such a tragic scenario. Things turn very ugly very fast when people begin to realize that no help is coming.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 15:56   Link #3492
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It seems that people are still playing dracu-riot. Like other people who have read Dracu-Riot my favorite route was also Erina, eventhough I personally like Miu as a character slightly (just slightly) better.
I swear, there is very little advantage to buying eroge if not a) to support the creators, b) to get the bonus items. Waiting until you receive the package to play is probably not worth it if you want to be part of the discussion, since everyone else has already pirated it on day of release. It's either that or you just have to be way late to the game, and then it's like nostalgia for people who played it a long time back. Being "just a bit late" is annoying. But anyway... </rant>

I do appreciate people still taking the time to discuss it with me, even if it's old news to them.

Quote:
Back to Natsuyume Nagisa after slacking so much that I have only finished Hitsuji's route. I was impressed how good that route turned out to be and the best part is that it had a good and satisfying end unlike most routes in HatsuSaku.
If the other stories are just as good as this route, then i am surprised how Sagaplanets messed up Kisaragi Goldstar so much.
For what it's worth, I actually quite like Kisaragi Goldstar, and I always have. But, I think it's a very different kind of game compared to Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsuyume Nagisa. In the simplest terms, Kisaragi Goldstar is more of a "moege" ("chara-ge"?), whereas the other two are more "nakige". I still think, for example, that Tsubasa Haotone is one of the best characters in the entire series of games, even if her plot (or that game) wasn't as touching or dramatic as the other two games you're comparing it to.

Well, as they say, opinions... the fact they returned to this style of game probably indicates that this is what most of their fans prefer. I guess we'll see what they do next now that the "seasons" series is ostensibly over.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:14   Link #3493
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Well, I hope your optimism remains when you reach endgame.

Also, is everything really not free from being pirated these days? I thought Japanese companies would have tighter measures to prevent that but I guess the powers of the internet hackers really are impressive.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:35   Link #3494
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Also, is everything really not free from being pirated these days? I thought Japanese companies would have tighter measures to prevent that but I guess the powers of the internet hackers really are impressive.
Well, without wanting to get really into it, I don't think they bother spending all that much time or money on the problem. Rather, they just try to entice people to want to buy with special limited edition pre-order goods. Given that anything they do tech-wise will probably be hacked anyway, this is probably a wiser investment. (Well, and besides, it doesn't help us much anyway; people overseas are not supposed to be buying eroge anyway -- it says right on the box and on pretty much every splash screen. )
Old 2012-04-18, 17:20   Link #3495
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I swear, there is very little advantage to buying eroge if not a) to support the creators, b) to get the bonus items. Waiting until you receive the package to play is probably not worth it if you want to be part of the discussion, since everyone else has already pirated it on day of release. It's either that or you just have to be way late to the game, and then it's like nostalgia for people who played it a long time back. Being "just a bit late" is annoying. But anyway... </rant>
I got my copy of Dracu_riot on the 3rd of april , because it was shipped by EMS
As for the bonusses, most of the time it's not that worth it, but i am just buying some games for also supporting the creators. But i only buy eroge that i realy liked or sometimes i preorder the highly anticipated ones. (like da capo 3 at this moment)
As for Dracu-Riot's bonusses, the Draculart booklet was ok as a lineartbook, but contentwise i didn't think it was that impressive. I liked the "Amazing Book" from HatsuSaku better, because it had more unique art (not being just the sketches from the scenes of the game) and it was more like a regular artbook combined with lots of line art and some comments.
The bonus CD from Dracu-Riot was uhm.. different from what i would expected from a bonus disc.
In short, owning a physical copy of eroge is overrated XD

Quote:
For what it's worth, I actually quite like Kisaragi Goldstar, and I always have. But, I think it's a very different kind of game compared to Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsuyume Nagisa. In the simplest terms, Kisaragi Goldstar is more of a "moege" ("chara-ge"?), whereas the other two are more "nakige". I still think, for example, that Tsubasa Haotone is one of the best characters in the entire series of games, even if her plot (or that game) wasn't as touching or dramatic as the other two games you're comparing it to.
The problem for me was that Kiragi goldstar felt like an average moege , while Sagaplanets have proven themselves that they can make a good Nakige with NatsuYume (well it impressed me so far)
I think Sagaplanets wanted to try something different for every title in the seasons serie, but I think that plan backfired for Kisargi Goldstar after the disappointment for many people wanting something similar like NatsuNagi.

Quote:
HatsuSaku was slightly better protected than most eroge (well if we exclude eroge from Minori),seeing that i couldn't play it even with the original disc due to stricter region lock. But that was undone after a few days by the people on the internet....

Tighter security measurements only seem to work for a short moment, but it does costs lots of money. So it's pointless waste of money if people crack it in a matter of weeks. Just look at the nintendo ds and sony's psp.
Another recent example that i know would be the psp port of Amatsu Misora ni (I have no idea why they ported such an average eroge to the psp). It had a new way of preventing people with a custom firmware to play (it used 2 discs and you needed to install data from the first disc on your memory stick to play with the 2nd disc. Also the data could not be normally installed on a custom firmware ) But after 1,5 months, people managed to bypass that.

After i finish NatsuNagi, i might want try out the psp port of Princess Evangile to see what is different (besides being all ages).

Last edited by hyl; 2012-04-18 at 17:39.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 17:38   Link #3496
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
It was actually pretty tame compared to other stories which deal with similar events. Angelic Howl was one of my favorite parts of Grisaia because it's a very well done depiction of such a tragic scenario. Things turn very ugly very fast when people begin to realize that no help is coming.
Then let's say I'm well-off to not know other stories similar to her life-shocking incident.
Yes, I was pretty happy that they didn't went into deep details on the grotesque parts of the flashback. I guess for me it's a common "it make's perfectly sense in-game, but just not my total preference"-scenario. I didn't hate the flashback per say because I liked the friendship between Amane and Kazuki and how they sticked together until the bitter end. To be honest, when I first read a rough summary of Amane's route I expected an even more grotesque scenario.
Spoiler for Amane:

Anyway, decided to play Yumiko's route afterwards (still on-going) and even though it seemed to have a somewhat slow start I have been liking it so far. Her past drama was very sad and makes you hate her father (even more). Though, one or two of her CGs look strange in contrast to some of her character sprites during dialogues.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:18   Link #3497
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Anyway, decided to play Yumiko's route afterwards (still on-going) and even though it seemed to have a somewhat slow start I have been liking it so far. Her past drama was very sad and makes you hate her father (even more). Though, one or two of her CGs look strange in contrast to some of her character sprites during dialogues.
Yumiko's route is nice, though it's probably the weakest route in the game. It's like a less interesting version of Makina's route.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 19:58   Link #3498
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The problem for me was that Kiragi goldstar felt like an average moege , while Sagaplanets have proven themselves that they can make a good Nakige with NatsuYume (well it impressed me so far)
I think Sagaplanets wanted to try something different for every title in the seasons serie, but I think that plan backfired for Kisargi Goldstar after the disappointment for many people wanting something similar like NatsuNagi.
I would say that Kisaragi Goldstar was better than an average moege (or at least my definition of "average" is lower...)... but of course it's subjective. Part of it is that I don't necessarily consider nakige to be superior to moege, or at least I'm not always in the mood to play a nakige. I find them a bit draining; after playing one, I usually want nothing but happy games for a while. So that's why the change in styles worked for me. I guess I can see people being disappointed if they expect one thing and get something else, but I was just as glad with the way it turned out. But again, opinions....

Edit:
Quote:
As for the bonusses, most of the time it's not that worth it, but i am just buying some games for also supporting the creators.
I think it's really when you start getting into the store-specific bonuses that it gets interesting, though of course it means you have to go through a re-shipper. I started buying almost everything from Sofmap a while ago, and they regularly come with all sorts of additional bonuses beyond the normal Pre-Order/LE stuff, like bed sheets, tapestries, pillow covers, and so on. Shopping around for the best pre-order bonus items is almost a game in and of itself. But of course, going through the reshipping process is also why it takes longer for my stuff to arrive, and it also adds a fair bit of cost. But what can I say... I love collecting stuff.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-18 at 20:35.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:15   Link #3499
Key Board
Carbon

You know, I've been wondering

Do eroge companies have to pay a cut to the Yakuza?

I know that some AV companies do
I know that a lot of pachinko parlors do
I know that a big time legit mail delivery service once did, to make sure its business went on uninterrupted

what about ero anime and ero game companies?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:28   Link #3500
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You know, I've been wondering

Do eroge companies have to pay a cut to the Yakuza?

I know that some AV companies do
I know that a lot of pachinko parlors do
I know that a big time legit mail delivery service once did, to make sure its business went on uninterrupted

what about ero anime and ero game companies?
Well, I've got to think that this industry is too niche and small-scale to really be a major target of the underworld, but of course it's not something they're going to readily advertise even if it is the case. With the way some of the brands are organized (with lots of sub-brands all somehow associated with some giant mega-company that no one really ever hears of, and turns out actually controls a significant percentage of the industry), you sometimes wonder... but yeah. I suppose it's a hard question.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel