AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-26, 08:29   Link #101
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
None of the new guys are particularly well dressed, so if one is an inspector, he's very different from Gino and the guys we saw from Division 2.
True. The detectives always have a certain "neatness" to their dress code, while enforcers do dress in formal attire, but add their own casual spin to it. Though, it all boils down to your own personal style though. Because Ginoza was shown to still dress more or less the same even after becoming an enforcer.

So we really can't base this off of dress code alone, there's individual personality & preferences to take into account.

Quote:
After rewatching the first season recently, I'm thinking Saiga, the professor who taught Akane about profiling, might become an enforcer. The last time we saw him, he mentioned that helping Kogami had probably corrupted his psycho-pass and he expected to get arrested when the MWPSB showed up. Given his expertise in psychology, Sibyl should tag him as useful to the Bureau.
It'd make sense. Him being arrested & becoming an enforcer would indeed be an excellent addition to the bureau. However, he mightn't be a field agent, he looks like one who'll stay back & work from the office like Shion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I thought he got his brain harvested? Last time we saw him he got a visit...
Nah, Sibyl only harvests the brains of criminals whose psycho pass remains unaffected even after committing crimes. ie. Those who do think that the crimes they're committing is right.

That's the only way to beat the system. Social norms causes one to develop a sense of right & wrong, that causes the psycho pass to react accordingly to your mental state, but people who are convinced that everything they do is right, are valuable because their psycho pass always stays green.

Which especially intrigues me in Akane's case. Her psycho pass never gets past a certain point & even recovers in a ridiculous amount of time. I want to see just what becomes of her in this new season & movie to follow.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-03-27, 02:50   Link #102
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
It makes sense to have replacement members. Kogami defected, Ginoza got demoted to an enforcer, Kagari & Masaoka died. That means they'd need two enforcers & one detective to make another full team.
Maybe, but I do not think that division to limit the "enforcer".

So there really 3 men new enforcer in right of this picture.

Quote:
That girl at the end of season one is supposed to be the new detective, so we're expecting two enforcers for this new season. I see three men in that pic though, did she die or get replaced at some point?
For Mika hum yeah she not in this picture or it there but to put pants and not a skirt
Old 2014-03-27, 05:02   Link #103
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Nah, Sibyl only harvests the brains of criminals whose psycho pass remains unaffected even after committing crimes. ie. Those who do think that the crimes they're committing is right.

That's the only way to beat the system. Social norms causes one to develop a sense of right & wrong, that causes the psycho pass to react accordingly to your mental state, but people who are convinced that everything they do is right, are valuable because their psycho pass always stays green.
Then why did he get the visit? We haven't even seen his <<Psycho Pass>>.

We saw <<Sybil>> likes to talk to new recruits...
Old 2014-03-27, 12:40   Link #104
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It would be interesting if Akane had to leave the country and she is accompanied by a member of the Sybil in order to make sure she doesn't spit the truth
Old 2014-03-27, 13:17   Link #105
GDB

Why would she ever leave the country? The entire point of Makishima's final plan was to force Japan to open itself up to other countries, but he was stopped. Therefore, there's no reason why there should be anything to do with other countries, not counting immigrants.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:45   Link #106
weirdguy

I have hopes that this season would be as good as the first season, but as we all know, sequels often aren't as good as the prequel. Nonetheless, I will still watch it and see what they have to offer this time.
Old 2014-04-02, 19:30   Link #107
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why would she ever leave the country? The entire point of Makishima's final plan was to force Japan to open itself up to other countries, but he was stopped. Therefore, there's no reason why there should be anything to do with other countries, not counting immigrants.
Just have a new scenario where a criminal leaves Japan and there you get it. Also, if Kogami ever returns the story might have to change country.
Old 2014-04-03, 00:01   Link #108
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Just have a new scenario where a criminal leaves Japan and there you get it. Also, if Kogami ever returns the story might have to change country.
Since Sibyl's priority is to keep Japan stable, I doubt it cares about criminals leaving the country, except maybe for an extreme case like Makishima.
Old 2014-04-28, 11:05   Link #109
DMurphy

Quote:
True. The detectives always have a certain "neatness" to their dress code, while enforcers do dress in formal attire, but add their own casual spin to it. Though, it all boils down to your own personal style though. Because Ginoza was shown to still dress more or less the same even after becoming an enforcer.

So we really can't base this off of dress code alone, there's individual personality & preferences to take into account.
I remember showing the Psycho-Pass characters to a character designer friend and her being absolutely delighted, because they all dress in an entirely appropriate way for their society and jobs, but they're still distinctive, and their clothes still say a lot about their personality.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-04-29, 17:46   Link #110
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I remember showing the Psycho-Pass characters to a character designer friend and her being absolutely delighted, because they all dress in an entirely appropriate way for their society and jobs, but they're still distinctive, and their clothes still say a lot about their personality.
Exactly. You can differentiate between enforcers & detectives. Yet, at the same time, you can also see that they are dress appropriately & not overkill or inappropriate.

However, like I said, differentiating between them isn't always as easy because some enforcers dress exactly like detectives. Case in point: Ginoza.

We'll have to wait for the roles to be formerly announced either before or during the anime.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-05-17, 20:39   Link #111
JiCi

I'm actually hoping that they explained Shion's backstory. Seriously, EVERYTHING was kept in the dark about her.
Old 2014-06-16, 18:19   Link #112
JiCi

In the meantime, they'll be "recapping" the first season, in 11 1-hour long episodes ^_^
Old 2014-06-23, 05:19   Link #113
D-Joe

Tow Ubukata will be the Series Composition of Psycho Pass season 2

http://mantan-web.jp/2014/06/23/2014...00036000c.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=54381
Old 2014-06-23, 12:22   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-joe View Post
I had a feeling Urobuchi wouldn't write it. He's too busy this year.

ABANDON SHIP
Old 2014-06-23, 18:18   Link #115
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had a feeling Urobuchi wouldn't write it. He's too busy this year.

ABANDON SHIP
I wouldn't lose all hope. Urobuchi could still be writing some of the screenplays and Ubukata's Mardock Scramble was pretty good.
Old 2014-06-24, 10:07   Link #116
Utsuro no Hako

Story-wise Ubukata's a perfect fit, but the first season had so much of Urobuchi's philosophy built into it that I wonder if anyone else can match it.
Old 2014-07-05, 00:21   Link #117
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Story-wise Ubukata's a perfect fit, but the first season had so much of Urobuchi's philosophy built into it that I wonder if anyone else can match it.
Seconded. I'm going to miss the literature and philosophy citations, no matter how in-your-face they got in S1.
Old 2014-07-06, 01:01   Link #118
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Funimation does an early pickup.
Old 2014-07-06, 14:55   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
Seconded. I'm going to miss the literature and philosophy citations, no matter how in-your-face they got in S1.
They could still include them, since Urobuchi wasn't responsible for those anyway. He admitted he has never read the works quoted because those books are too difficult for him (he only reads eroge and classical literature). It was Makoto Fukami, the co-writer, who included the citations. I have no clue if he's involved in the second season though.

Before anyone asks for a source, here it is: http://shrine.lowyat.net/2013/12/01/...-gen-urobuchi/

Personally, I thought the quotes made the dialogues highly pretentious and awkward, so I'd be happier if they're gone. Let the characters use their own words, not someone else's.
Old 2014-09-18, 12:55   Link #120
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Closed Thread