AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 11:14   Link #39341
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I think you just keep it as canon, just that since there's no Yukihira, the glass ninja status is actually less ridiculous.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:14   Link #39342
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll have to leave that as a note on my tree plan. Somehow I just know something's going to flip somewhere when Japan realizes that for almost ten years, an IS has been undergoing independent development from right under their noses... Only to see it escaping into orbit before they could say "Wait!"

Also, sce-- SKETCH!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-11, 11:15   Link #39343
Eratas123

@ Demi - Well, yeah, but I at least wanted to show him putting up a decent fight Besides that, he also technically wins the fight because the Undead gets flashbacks that cause his head to start aching and he drops the sword.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:21   Link #39344
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: so extremely flimsy shield that loses chunks from light taps and has half of them right from the get go? Check.

@eras:I wish you best of luck then.

@stratos: looking at your drawing enlarged suddenly scares the crap out of me. Maybe because it looks like it's hunched over like a golem troll orc or something. Cool design and easily identified as not an IS.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:22   Link #39345
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Looks like a heavoly armored Rafael actually.

@ Demi - THanks
Old 2013-01-11, 11:23   Link #39346
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
*CLICK*

SNIPER DRONE?!

*FAP!* *FAP!* *FAP!* *FAP!* *FAP!* *NERDGASM!*

(Joking, but it's seriously, wankishly awesome )

@ Demi
Nah, can't be that bad. Probably the normal shield is half that of Raphael (can only withstand one shotgun/ medium rifle at best), and total energy capacity for Absolute defense is 600 as opposed to standard 800.

... still would be laughing stock for any other designer/corporation though
Old 2013-01-11, 11:25   Link #39347
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It's a very... VERY rough design. In Athena, they'll bear closer resemblance to their original counterparts AND they're slightly bigger. So to say, Inami goes up against FIVE of these monstrosities to keep them away from Ichika and co. as they try to bring down Gospel.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:30   Link #39348
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Well I suppose. I just assumed Byakushiki would be softer because it was already considered "fixed" by Tabane in canon. Not fixed by Tabane makes me think it might be worse
Old 2013-01-11, 11:34   Link #39349
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, the flaw specified to be "Inability to achieve it's main purpose", that is, "Activation of One Off Ability in First Phase"

So the rest is inherent to design. But once again, the main source information is Chifuyu (who tend to keep secret) and Ichika (Unreliable). it's a retool and you have extra degree of freedom.

-----------------

Anyway, even not taking Sky Girls to equation, I find my intercontinuity crossover concept being utter hilarity, especially when the Chocoverse girls had to fight Okiura!Golem.

Choco!Girls:"YOU CALL THAT I.S!"
Okiura!Ichika: "Eh, I've seen larger"

Mind you, Golem is 4 meter tall, Chocoverse I.S. barely add four inch to their pilot's height.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:41   Link #39350
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As much as I would like to poke fun in scales using the term "Athenaverse" as an excuse, I'm rather intrigued by the Golem's size. But 4m is going to be silly for the Replicas.

I'd say the Replicas would be ~2-3 meters tall. Inami's 1.7, the Minerva adds ~.3 to his height so him + Minerva would still be shorter than Ri-*stabbed*
Old 2013-01-11, 11:43   Link #39351
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh... Then that solves that.

I find smaller IS better. Okiura' felt awkward and clumsy, shaoped specifically to emphasize female body parts but big enough to feel powerful. Not the best combination.

Aries, the male IS pilot OC, has a unique body chemistry that allows him to connect with IS so he can pilot them. The details I've yet to hammer out so that his kmedical records say nil when government initially proposes to disect him or something.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:52   Link #39352
Eratas123

Why would they not? It's not like with Ichika where Chifuyu's influence stopped them.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:54   Link #39353
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
It's a plot point actually. Larger I.S. means larger battery + larger suspension + larger weapon, but the elongated limb is very unnatural and Fem!Ichika found she can actually dodge straight attack easily.

Plus, PIC don't make I.S. massless, so momentum and inertia always been accounted. Adding to the fact that smaller unit is more aerodynamic, though larger unit compensate with brute force and number of vernier.

It's like Size in SRW games, the smaller, the better at dodging, the larger, the more powerful.

@ Stratos
It's form the booklet, assuming the human-like core unit is 1.6-1.8 meter, 4 meter seems to be a good average figure. And trust me, it literally look silly when you don't use perspective view.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:59   Link #39354
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The world knows they have a male IS pilot. He's thrust so far into the spotlight already that should he 'disappear', some form of uproar might happen. Plus the government biologist assigned to study him is Aries' dad's best friend and Aries' doctor.
Old 2013-01-11, 12:03   Link #39355
Eratas123

Then why not assign a different doctor? This might be my cynicism talking, but the government isn't going to stop just because one employee from one branch of the government says no. Besides, who immediately thinks 'The Government did it!' when a famous person disappears? Kidnappers and terrorists are an easy scapegoat.
Old 2013-01-11, 12:05   Link #39356
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah... Those details. I'ma try and hammer them out after some shut eye. See you guys later.
Old 2013-01-11, 12:09   Link #39357
Eratas123

See ya. I'm just doing my atrocity of a fight scene.
Old 2013-01-11, 12:12   Link #39358
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And this is where numbers fail me. So to say, Inami's height with the Minerva is 2 meters. Replicas tower slightly over the original ISes. Golems... well, Golems.
Old 2013-01-11, 13:15   Link #39359
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Lolwut:

@ Stratos
Normal I.S. are 2.5 meter on average, but actually anywhere form 2.1 to 2.8 meter depending on the pilot and frame type. White knight is barely 1.8, even.

At least that's when I compare booklet artworks, whose canonicity is definitely dubious.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:56   Link #39360
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Utsuho seems to be typical cheerful, responsible big sis.

And that's basically people we knew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
There are presumably nameless students.
Alright then... It's really not much to go off of but better than nothing.

Now, what about IS Academy's Student Council? I know there's Tatenashi, Ichika, Utsuho and Honne. Am I missing anybody?

I have a scene in mind for them that'll take part after the festival held at IS Academy in Vol. 5. Is it the cultural festival or the Academy's anniversary that happened in Vol. 5?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-01-11 at 22:28.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest