Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-13, 20:51   Link #41
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Unsurprisingly, the original Ikki-Tousen Manga and anime caused quite an outrage amongst Mainland Chinese Anime Fans; for although the author claimed it was not his intention, his story did trivialize the greatest heroes of their/our culture into lust objects straight out of a se/xploitation film.
If the Japanese can afford to make a joke of their own historical characters :-

I don't see why anyone else should get mad at them.

Anyway some interesting tibits from the creator :-

http://www.toranoana.jp/webdayo/nocomic/

# 聞いた話なんですけど、キャラを描く際に奥さんにポーズモデルをやってもらっているって本当で すか?

本当ですよ。でも最近はイヤだと言ってやってくれなくなったんで、一人で三脚を立ててデジカメで撮っている んです(笑)。結構難しいアングルが多くなってきているので、お願いしているんですけど、やってくれないん ですよね。だから自分でやっているんです。関羽が体操服で青龍刀を持っているイラストを描いたことがあるん ですけどみなさん知っているでしょうか? 実はそれも自分でポーズをとって撮影したんです(笑)。あと逆に 嫁さんに撮ってもらうときもありますね。リクエストするとイヤがるんで、じゃあオレがポーズを付けるから撮 ってくれって。でも体のラインが男だから、それを女性のラインに変えて描くのが難しいんですよ 。

Aparently, the mangaka had always ask his wife to strike poses as his female characters. But of late, his wife had objected to that. So his had to take pictures of himself acting as his own creation for inspirations.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 20:58   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I dunno about that one...that Kanu-lookalike still gives me nightmares...
I'd want Battle Club to be animated, just so i can get a lot more Taki love - best character ever. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So his had to take pictures of himself acting as his own creation for inspirations.
I'm not shocked at all.
Old 2007-01-13, 23:43   Link #43
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

O-kay....

Just saw the trailer for Dragon Destiny, and if it is any indication of how Kanu will be treated and portrayed throught this series , the Director had better learn to run and hide really quick smart if he does not want the Legion of Guan-Yu worshippers across this planet (myself included) to relieve him of his worthless head from his rotten shoulders.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 23:48   Link #44
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
O-kay....

Just saw the trailer for Dragon Destiny, and if it is any indication of how Kanu will be treated and portrayed throught this series , the Director had better learn to run and hide really quick smart if he does not want the Legion of Guan-Yu worshippers across this planet (myself included) to relieve him of his worthless head from his rotten shoulders.
I repeat myself, if the Japanese can treat their own historical characters as some sex object to be deflowered in a pronographic game. Why should we bothered to take a serious stand about them doing such as thing to another foreign historical figure.

Hell, King Arthur was portrayed as such, but the Brits on the board doesn't ever care. Just ask Shiroth.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 01:10   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I repeat myself, if the Japanese can treat their own historical characters as some sex object to be deflowered in a pronographic game. Why should we bothered to take a serious stand about them doing such as thing to another foreign historical figure.

Hell, King Arthur was portrayed as such, but the Brits on the board doesn't ever care. Just ask Shiroth.
I personally don't have a problem with this myslef. But i can understand where a problem would arise. The difference between King Authur and Guan Yu is that Auther is mythlogical hero, while Guan Yu is WORSHIP AS A GOD. He is especially popular with the Traids becuase Guan Yu is the god of Loyalty. Something more comparable would be if Joan of Arc was portryal as a pronographic Sex object.
Old 2007-01-14, 02:14   Link #46
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I've read both Tenjou Tenge and Ikkitousen and I don't see how Ikkitousen ripped off Tenjou Tenge. It can't be the story, it can't be the characters... well they both have chicks with big chest if that's what you meant.

But my opinion Tenjou Tenge does have a better story but Ikkitousen have a lot more lovable characters. Tenjou Tenge have a more serious side while Ikkitousen it's all about fights and tits and panties. I still like both.
There was once a side by side comparison(found here, though i think the images don't exist anymore) of some pages of the two mangas, where the stuff in Ikkitousen was very similar to Tenjou Tenge. I think that's why people say Ikkitousen ripped off Tenjou Tenge.
Shin_Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:45   Link #47
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I personally don't have a problem with this myslef. But i can understand where a problem would arise. The difference between King Authur and Guan Yu is that Auther is mythlogical hero, while Guan Yu is WORSHIP AS A GOD. He is especially popular with the Traids becuase Guan Yu is the god of Loyalty. Something more comparable would be if Joan of Arc was portryal as a pronographic Sex object.
Watch Fate/stay night. Hercules is a Greek god. Your point is?

Nobody will ever raise a rabble about some anime because nobody cares. The subject matter is just an anime and people are watching it to be entertained. If half-naked chics with pretensions of epic proportions are entertaining, then that's all that it is.

If someone is not sattisfied with a portrayal of a fictional character in a risque anime, then the only reasonable way out would be to stop watching.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:09   Link #48
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Seriously, people who would get offended that easily shouldn't be watching Ikkitousen anyway. I am sure the heroes themselves wouldn't object; I am not sure they were expected to be revered that much anyway, never mind that none of the popular heroes were known to be quick to anger while they were alive. These legendary people were once living men who, in between making history on the battlefield, do what people do.

Seriously, if no one has a sense of humour, the creators of Bible Black would have been burned at the stake by now.
Old 2007-01-14, 06:16   Link #49
JayF

Quote:

本当ですよ。でも最近はイヤだと言ってやってくれなくなったんで、一人で三脚を立ててデジカメで撮っている んです(笑)。結構難しいアングルが多くなってきているので、お願いしているんですけど、やってくれないん ですよね。だから自分でやっているんです。関羽が体操服で青龍刀を持っているイラストを描いたことがあるん ですけどみなさん知っているでしょうか? 実はそれも自分でポーズをとって撮影したんです(笑)。あと逆に 嫁さんに撮ってもらうときもありますね。リクエストするとイヤがるんで、じゃあオレがポーズを付けるから撮 ってくれって。でも体のラインが男だから、それを女性のラインに変えて描くのが難しいんですよ 。

Aparently, the mangaka had always ask his wife to strike poses as his female characters. But of late, his wife had objected to that. So his had to take pictures of himself acting as his own creation for inspirations.

I have to ask. What series did Haw chick Kenshin comes from?
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:27   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
I have to ask. What series did Haw chick Kenshin comes from?
Sengoku Rance, an erogame.

Wikipedia article on the Rance series here.

ayyo's blog post/articles on Sengoku Rance may clarify some things, for all it's fanboyism. It has major spoilers though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:29   Link #51
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously, if no one has a sense of humour, the creators of Bible Black would have been burned at the stake by now.
Bible Black? What the blazes is that, sir?

As stated, I was not as offended by Season One because out of the entire cast, Guan-Yu was able to maintain the most amount of dignity and cool of all the tributes/parodies. Dosen't look like it will happen this season unfortuantely.

And were not Jung Fei, Guan Yu and Particularly Chao Tsao hot-tempered fellas themselves? Jung Fei I can see not objecting, the jolly-easy-going bloke he is, but the incomparably proud Guan Yu on the other hand...
Old 2007-01-14, 07:16   Link #52
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Bible Black? What the blazes is that, sir?

As stated, I was not as offended by Season One because out of the entire cast, Guan-Yu was able to maintain the most amount of dignity and cool of all the tributes/parodies. Dosen't look like it will happen this season unfortuantely.

And were not Jung Fei, Guan Yu and Particularly Chao Tsao hot-tempered fellas themselves? Jung Fei I can see not objecting, the jolly-easy-going bloke he is, but the incomparably proud Guan Yu on the other hand...
If Guan Yu was the type to strike people down in anger, he would not have become the symbol of righteousness. Pride does not mean killing anyone just because you want to, and that's why the good guys are the good guys in the 3 Kingdoms. Guan Yu, along with his buddies, is not Zeus; he was a mortal like us, and should be given the benefit of the doubt in being a tolerant human being.
Old 2007-01-14, 07:27   Link #53
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If Guan Yu was the type to strike people down in anger, he would not have become the symbol of righteousness. Pride does not mean killing anyone just because you want to, and that's why the good guys are the good guys in the 3 Kingdoms. Guan Yu, along with his buddies, is not Zeus; he was a mortal like us, and should be given the benefit of the doubt in being a tolerant human being.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm actually reading an abridged version of the Three Kingdoms Novel to actually catch up with my knowledge tonight.

Though I have heard that it is Guan Yu's anger that became the Hubris that costed him his life at the hands of Chao Taso, who ironically died himself because of his proud/violent refusal to accept brain surgery from the "Medicine-Saint" Hua Tuo.

I wouldn't think that Guan Gong would be homicidally angry at how Kanu is drawn, but you gotta admit he would at least be at least mildly annoyed ("Preposterous!! A Warrior should not go into battle so barely clothed." ) at the explotiative adaptation of his image. Jung Fei would probably take it the best. ("Aww, Schucks Fellas!! I'm not that pretty!!" )

And by the way,

What the Blazes is Bible Black?

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2007-01-14 at 07:38.
Old 2007-01-14, 07:41   Link #54
JayF

Only the definite Hentai series of the 2000s, much like La Blue Girl and Cool Devices were for the 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Black
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:39   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You know me to well. :3

Seriously, if some people are allowed to let something this small (though they may believe its important) to get in the way of viewing a series like this - this its there huge problem.
Old 2007-01-14, 14:02   Link #56
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I *should* be excited about this because it's loosely related to Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but the first series is preventing me =/

Was Cao Cao in the first series, btw?
Old 2007-01-14, 14:40   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I *should* be excited about this because it's loosely related to Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but the first series is preventing me =/

Was Cao Cao in the first series, btw?
having managed to run though the first series we did see Cao Cao...his name in present is Moutoku Sousou ~ the lazy guy who slept and let the guy who screams "basics!" fight ~ hoping to see more of him in this new season

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 16:27   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Hey, I have that game. There's some weird interpretations in it such as Tokugawa Ieyasu being a racoon and Oda Nobunaga being a rather effeminate man who later becomes a demon. Plus Rance is thrown right into the middle of a warring states knockoff with the terrority not actually being Japan but "JAPAN" an obscure far off country in the Rance Universe he visits during the game with his companion/slave Sill. Here's a link to some of the bizzarness of the games take on the Sengoku period http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Rance:Houses .

May contain some 18+ content as it is an H-Game technically.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:11   Link #59
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Ah, gotta love the Dating-Sim Market. Anything and everything can be used as sources of inspiration.

Now, I know this will only happen when pigs fly, but if the allowance for homages continues, the (hopeful) logical conclusion will be:

Bible: The Dating Sim!!

Starring:

Samson: The Tsundere Karate Girl Who Nobody Can Beat.
David and Goliath: The Cute Constantly-Bickering Twin Sisters.
Moses: "The LONG Haired Big Sister/Oneechan character."
Abraham: Messed up sports teacher obsessed with killing her own daughter.
Jacob: The Mischevious "Lying" Science Girl With A Cute Grin.
Cain: Quiet "Gothic-Loli-Rei" type goth girl who accidentally kiled her twin sister.
Ramases: "Moses' Rich-Princess Half Sister With Hunks-Henchmen and Evil Laugh."
Pontius Pilot: The Sexu Closet-Romantic School Principle trying to keep order.
Judas: The "Backstabbign Gossiping Pretend-Best-Friend."
Jesus: "The Sweet Girl Next Door," the ultimate prize.
Mary And Josep: Cute Young "MILF" Mommy and Good-Hearted Clumsy-Dad.
Mary Magdelene: Jesus' Yuri Best Friend With Glasses and Maid Costume.

Hey, since parodying Eastern Gods and Warriors is considered "okay", it's only fair if it applies to western ones as well.
Old 2007-01-16, 13:21   Link #60
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think it's an actual game and not a dating-sim.
There's already an actual AVG of the Bible?

In any case, if they do it "twisted" like the Fate/Stay Night game, WHOA boy Jesus' H-Scene would probably occur in the "Bad-Endings" while she is on the crucifix...

...and whoa boy, Madonna's Like A Prayer Music video (where she made love on an altar admist burning crosses) would be Bambi in comparison to the sheer outrage stirred up by it....

...with me quiety watching the carnage hugging a tub of popcorn and a large diet soda.