AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 08:07   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Still, it really all depends on what kind of story the creator is going for
Yeah, having only read three chapters, it's a bit unclear to me at the moment.

It's an ending that would be nice to see like i said, though it would have to be done the only way possible for this type of beginning set up.
Old 2008-08-08, 09:33   Link #22
NeoSam

The official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.mariaholic.com/
Old 2008-08-08, 09:48   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.mariaholic.com/
Thanks a lot for the notice NeoSam.

I'm loving the character designs for the anime already, especially Mariya.
Old 2008-08-08, 19:13   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
....If they choose the drama CD cast, then i can already imagine the voice Hirano will use for her. Nothing against Hirano, though i'd rather see someone else play her.... Going to be very interesting to see how Shinbo will handle this show.
I've only read a bit of the manga, but it seems to have a lot going for it. I'm looking forward to Shinbo and hoping for Hirano in the role. She's never played anything like a yuri role, as far as I can recall (one ear-nibble doesn't count, lol). I've heard a bit of the drama CD, and she's not using a voice I recognize from any of her other roles, although it's clearly her. The DCD has shown up in the library.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 19:22   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've heard a bit of the drama CD, and she's not using a voice I recognize from any of her other roles, although it's clearly her.
That's good to hear then. I'll be checking out the Drama CD this weekend, so i look forward to hear just what type of voice she'll do for the role.

Seeing as how they have quite the high ranked cast for the Drama CD, i can't see them changing for the TV series. Though we all know that doesn't mean anything when it comes to these type of things.

Also you gotta wonder what type of Shinbo we'll see for this show. I don't think we'll see out of control Shinbo here --- maybe just arty Shinbo.
Old 2008-08-08, 20:01   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I discovered the mangaka's home page. There is a gallery with a small number of good pictures.

I love both arty Shinbo and out-of-control Shinbo. But I still think his protege Oonuma Shin has done the best Shaft/Shinbo show, in ef ~a tale of memories~.

Shinbo, however, remains a favorite. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase was one of the shows that got me watching anime, and he's got nothing but better since then. If I were the mangaka, however, I would be afraid, very afraid, that Shinbo would just take over my creation.

I'm still pondering whether I like the way Aya (much of whose work I love) did the DCD, but it is a different voice, anyway. I'm reading the manga to get a better feeling for it. I suspect that DCDs are tossed off pretty quickly, maybe even in an afternoon, so I'm sure VAs' approaches can change for the anime.

And I also think the staff can change. Sekirei's all-star DCD cast changed almost completely changed for the anime, probably because of the cost of top names.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 20:21   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I love both arty Shinbo and out-of-control Shinbo. But I still think his protege Oonuma Shin has done the best Shaft/Shinbo show, in ef ~a tale of memories~.
Heh, i've said this so many times.

At the end of the day, Shinbo still played a huge part in creating the anime adaptation of ef, so you should be saying "Shinbo and Shin have done the best SHAFT/Shinbo show".

Quote:
And I also think the staff can change. Sekirei's all-star DCD cast changed almost completely changed for the anime, probably because of the cost of top names.
Yeah, like i said it happens quite a lot. A few names already come to mind on who could voice these characters, so i'm not bothered either way.
Old 2008-08-09, 12:04   Link #28
the_firefly

I think the drama cast has a good chance of being in the anime cast. Beyond Hirano Aya, they've all been in SHAFT series before. Not to mention it's a far smaller cast than Sekirei.
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 14:59   Link #29
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

oh man ... I hope this doesnt turn out like that Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru anime. THAT WAS CRAP(he had real boobs half way through ffs)!

The crossdress + sadistic thing does sound interesting, gonna keep an eye out for this one.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 00:29   Link #30
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

For some reason I knew right away that the "trap" is the
Spoiler:
Is my trap-radar improving or is it just easy to figure out?

On topic: sounds very interesting. And I love how the cover on volumes 1 and 2 made them really red-faced, lol.

Plus, it sounds just like something Shinbo would animate. This could only be awesome~!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 05:39   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Is my trap-radar improving or is it just easy to figure out?
I'd say it's easy to figure out.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:04   Link #32
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, what are the chances of ANY Japanese company adapting a real yuri series that doesn't involve all-girl schools, traps, and any other genderbending plots? I'm still praying really REALLY hard for something like Strawberry Shake Sweet being animated.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:41   Link #33
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Man, what are the chances of ANY Japanese company adapting a real yuri series that doesn't involve all-girl schools, traps, and any other genderbending plots? I'm still praying really REALLY hard for something like Strawberry Shake Sweet being animated.
Candy boy.
Old 2008-08-18, 10:09   Link #34
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Candy boy.
Well, yeah!

But I mean ones that are at least one cour with normal episode length? There are SO many good potential series out there especially if they adapt something from Yuri Hime.
Old 2008-08-23, 07:41   Link #35
Woland
Latin Rascal

After reading the first 3 chapters I have to say that it could work very well.
Especially the apparent lack of serious romance is a good point, and it seems just a perfect subject for a Shinbo's madness
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 09:40   Link #36
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

also a really good way to tell wether there is or isnt any fangirls hahahaha lols

well except for the nosebleeding girl i m happy with it still this manga made me want to have the second season of otome wa boku ni koishiteru

still i heard this was getting animated in 2009 january

also

@ TS

um i know this maybe a bit offensive but you forgot to add the "Gender-Bender" genre cuz i in wiki and mangafox and ANN sayz that

any way peace TS pEACE
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 01:29   Link #37
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um i know this maybe a bit offensive but you forgot to add the "Gender-Bender" genre cuz i in wiki and mangafox and ANN sayz that
It's not genderbending if no physical change in gender occurs.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 03:41   Link #38
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
It's not genderbending if no physical change in gender occurs.
Crossdressing then?
Old 2008-08-25, 06:01   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Crossdressing then?
You'd be correct.
Old 2008-08-25, 06:09   Link #40
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex