AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 12:19   Link #221
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:07   Link #222
typhonsentra

Hey, why isn't there a manga discussion thread for this series on the other forum? It's been translated but for some reason sites like OneManga and MangaHelper don't host it (I just read through everything on MangaFox).
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 03:32   Link #223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Hey, why isn't there a manga discussion thread for this series on the other forum? It's been translated but for some reason sites like OneManga and MangaHelper don't host it (I just read through everything on MangaFox).
There is a thread for the manga. You just have to find it.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-27 at 03:49.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 10:27   Link #224
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy hell when they actually showed the kiss between them in the first minute of episode 4 I actually felt tachycardic. Only 4 other anime series has given me that effect during a supposedly romantic scene.

Everyone goes gay for tall, dark and bishoujo Sugimoto. If I were female and a damn straight one at that I'd probably fall for her too.

A measure of angst for this episode but it was just right. I understand to a degree what Fumi must be feeling. I mean not in the homosexual sense anyway, but the feeling that you're getting into a relationship you don't really understand and can't seem to really control but you're in it anyway in spite of yourself. It's like you want to be in it but you don't know why and therefore unsure.

You could also say that this is Fumi's coming out of the closet episode, though I suspect she's been harboring similar feelings before. At least yeah for Sugimoto I can assume she's bisexual, though she seems more liberated and free for someone with her sexual preferences.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:29   Link #225
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There is a thread for the manga. You just have to find it.
I've looked. I can't find it, either under Aoi Hana or under Sweet Blue Flowers. Where is it?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:52   Link #226
typhonsentra

Glad I'm not the only one coming up with nothing.

Another thing, where does the "Sweet" come from in "Sweet Blue Flowers"? Is that actually official?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:54   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've looked. I can't find it, either under Aoi Hana or under Sweet Blue Flowers. Where is it?
I remember posting in it in the past, though i could be thinking of another forum. Sure it's this one though, because i know who the manga readers are thanks to that thread.

& the search function never works for me anyway.
Old 2009-07-27, 13:12   Link #228
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 4

I dont know if i can accurately portray just how beautiful this episode was. But i will attempt to try in my own clumsey way

First the kiss between Fumi and Sugimoto was perfectly done. It was romantic sensual kiss in every since of the word just two set of lips touching. I thought the choice of music scenery and just over all tone of the scene portrayed their feelings very well. That includes the after scene with them talking about their feelings and blushing like mad and the fact that it happens in the library makes the scene all the more interesting because of that "Mistress of Library" reference.

Aoi Hana's emotional draw is for sure its characters. My favorite scene of episode 4 was just after Fumi was agonizing over her walking to school choice in the morning given her personality one can see why she was so upset. The scene was set up very nice in comfortable setting a little cafe. Where Fumi proceeds to to tell A chan that she is in fact gay and is dating Sugimoto. That itself took courage for someone as shy and withdrawn as Fumi to say. But what made that scene more special was what Fumi says after she confesses "Please dont think im repulsive." that one line struck me so hard it summed up a lot of what some people who happen to be gay might think of when coming out of the closet.

A chan afterwards portrayed a level maturity i had not expected yet still managed to keep that teenage aspect of reasoning as well. She says she never thought of Aoi as repulsive and thought a girl loving another girl was ok. The following scene has her asking a school mate the same questions. So it seems A chan doesn't have a problem with it but in some ways she is curious as well. I found all these scenes to very well portrayed and actually gave you some food for thought.

Well the question now is what exactly happen between the teacher and Sugimoto. One could reason she confessed her love and was turned down and out of embarrassment withdrew from school and attended another one. Now im not sure if Sugimoto is bi or not. Another argument could her first experience with love and a male went horribly so went to females. Its hard to say at this point but i am sure the truth will come out sooner or later. Also, Sugimoto seemed interested in that art student that was doing the posters for the play.

So my far this is my favorite of the season.
Old 2009-07-27, 19:19   Link #229
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Another thing, where does the "Sweet" come from in "Sweet Blue Flowers"? Is that actually official?
Yeah, that's the official English name for both the manga and anime adaptation. The "Sweet" was likely added for effect.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:34   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2009-07-29, 14:38   Link #231
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode five. Yes, this show could be a masterpiece.
Spoiler for ep5:
And I agree with everything Shiroth just said.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:41   Link #232
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Spoiler for Episode 05:

& yes, you sum it up perfectly. If this adaptation carries on the same path, it will be a masterpiece.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-29 at 16:10.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 01:12   Link #233
FuzzyWuzzy

The long haired girl is really getting annoying now. All she does is cry and become emotional.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 07:29   Link #234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The long haired girl is really getting annoying now. All she does is cry and become emotional.

Fuzzywuzzy you know better
How about you try looking deeper into her character. Fumi is very complex character not your average one dimensional character. It has been said plenty of times why shes cries a lot and i even broke it down in my post for someone else. Also, shes a teenage girl crying and being emotional go hand and hand. Try looking deeper into the story and see how the relationships in Aoi Hana directly influence ones emotional state.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:20   Link #235
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Ugh, I was really getting into this show, too, and then crunchyfail had to license it. Their streams are garbage, the ads crash my computer and how the heck does their standard def stream drop frames on my PC which plays 720p just fine?!

Thanks guys, now no fansubbers will finish the series and I'm boned till the DVDs come out. D:

Guess I'll just have to enjoy the manga.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:32   Link #236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Ugh, I was really getting into this show, too, and then crunchyfail had to license it.
Actually crunchyroll 'licensed' the show before it aired.

I've never had any problems with crunchyroll, especially since i started paying for it a month ago.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:33   Link #237
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Ugh, I was really getting into this show, too, and then crunchyfail had to license it. Their streams are garbage, the ads crash my computer and how the heck does their standard def stream drop frames on my PC which plays 720p just fine?!

Thanks guys, now no fansubbers will finish the series and I'm boned till the DVDs come out. D:

Guess I'll just have to enjoy the manga.
And this is why I despise Crunchyfail some people like it but i cant stomach the quality no matter whats being aired i always feel the quality sucks. Even though i have been paying for it.
Old 2009-07-30, 10:05   Link #238
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

1 or 2 sub groups are still running subs on it mostly on time, so I'm assuming Crunchroll doesn't care enough to ask them to stop.

If it weren't for these sub groups who work on it despite licensing by Crunchy I'd never be able to enjoy this wonderful show.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:42   Link #239
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The lesbian-interest website AfterEllen.com is streaming the episodes, too. And they're free.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 12:35   Link #240
Craymel

I just saw episode 5 and I loved it. My favourite part was the little prince segment mostly because that's one of my all time favourite books.

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri