broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 08:48   Link #262
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I seem to be in the minority with thinking that, but Kent's actions are actually that of a normal person that cares. His only fault is that he doesn't know that Shota loves Sawako back.
If you put down your pink shoujo-viewer glasses ... what are the chances of the school's most beloved boy actually falling for that weird outcast?

Kent wants to prevent her from getting hurt. Yes, he actually hurts her unnecessarily by they're talk, but he seems to mean genuinely good.
He did confront Shota before talking to her after all, but misunderstood his response. As Anh_Minh said: there is no way Kent knows Shota loves Sawako.

While his actions seem cruel from our pespective, since we know what's going on, I can't really fault him.

So does he wants her for herself? I actually believe Kent really is acting out of wanting the best for Sawako and his interest in her is a separate issue.

What truly frustrates me (just like in the manga) are Sawako and Shota themselves. Kazehaya used to reach out to Sawako no matter what happened ('liking Ryu', avoiding him etc.), but this time he just let's her be. Because he doesn't want to annoy her. They're stuck so deep and yet they'd only need a single honest talk to clear everything up XD
And still I can relate to the whole weirdness because love is just always complicated.

And Chizu was simply adorable in this episode! Me wants more Ryu & Chizu focus ... just because Ryu is so damn awesome D:
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 00:54   Link #263
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its that dreaded line... "your like isn't like my like." its ruins EVERYTHING. Sawako misunderstands the situation, Kazehaya misunderstands the situation. its painful to watch, but the payoff is soooooooo good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:06   Link #264
Seta19

Gah.. here we go again lol.... so many ups and downs in one episode... and of course pin does it again XDDD what a dick lol
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:21   Link #265
mpt37

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-02-16, 03:22   Link #266
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2011-02-16, 03:26   Link #267
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

.................................................. .....................

these misunderstandings...one after another...is just....so...mah goodness
Old 2011-02-16, 05:18   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, it's just pissing me off now. Kazehaya outright tells her he loves her, he even clarified his confession by later using "Koi", I can't fathom how it's possible to misinterpret that yet Sawako still managed to do it. Dear lord. At this point, I'm almost starting to think her problem isn't her pathological self-doubt and utter lack of confidence -- she might truly be autistic.

A little more of this and I'm dropping this series. The charm of the first season is completely gone.
Old 2011-02-16, 05:25   Link #269
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh yeah this episode was my official low point in the entire series. I couldn't get by this segment in the manga without cringing in my seat and wanting to curse them both when Kazehaya finally manned up and became upfront and Sawako still didn't get it.

Quote:
Ok, it's just pissing me off now. Kazehaya outright tells her he loves her, he even clarified his confession by later using "Koi", I can't fathom how it's possible to misinterpret that yet Sawako still managed to do it. Dear lord. At this point, I'm almost starting to think her problem isn't her pathological self-doubt and utter lack of confidence -- she might truly be autistic.

A little more of this and I'm dropping this series. The charm of the first season is completely gone.
Oh well they at least it's finally over now. NOW let's see if IG can do the story's "return to form" segment and rising back to the quality it had had before the this arc ever started.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 05:25   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's totally understandable for Sawako not to understand it, as it was brought up my Chizu's speech. Sawako just thinks it's impossible for someone to love her, especially Kazehaya. Sure he's flat out saying he does right in front of her, though that doesn't change who she is and what she's had to experience all her life. Kazehaya is annoyed because she hasn't changed even though everything around her has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Oh well they at least it's finally over now. NOW let's see if IG can do the story's "return to form" segment and rising back to the quality it had had before the this arc ever started.
Eh i still say there's plenty quality in this part of the story.
Old 2011-02-16, 06:53   Link #271
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
its that dreaded line... "your like isn't like my like." its ruins EVERYTHING. Sawako misunderstands the situation, Kazehaya misunderstands the situation. its painful to watch, but the payoff is soooooooo good.
This.
Episode 6 was just heart-wrenchingly annoying, but it's what makes the show.
I watch (and started reading after the first season) this series for the good moments but they don't come without the bad moments. That's what makes this show enjoyable to watch because (like the quote says) the payoff is good.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 08:48   Link #272
Tri-ring

I really cannot accept why everyone is complain about this episode (although I understand in full what the complain is all about).

The set up is perfect, production I.G had done a PERFECT job ! !
If you do a marathon of this series I think you'll embrace this as one of the climax along with the stand-off between Kurumi in the previous season.
Enough said.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 09:57   Link #273
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

You must've dropped a lot of series if this particular incident is pissing you off so much, this drama was to be expected. How else could the author bring up some trouble other than a misunderstanding when it comes to couple that is naturally already together at heart? A quarrel wouldn't work, right?

I know this season has been quite gloomy so far compared to S1. However season 1 was also primarily just about friendship and being accepted as an outsider. This time round, it's the real deal. It's about love, it's about what everyone has been waiting for since ep/ch 1 - the two finally becoming a real love couple. That's why you can't tell this segment without some big drama beforehand, this is a symbiosis all these kind of series have. As Stefkov pointed out, you need these drama parts to appreciate the feel-good parts, it's only working with this binary opposition, that's why I don't really understand your disappointment of the story. Of the characters? Maybe. They've never been constructed as perfect anyway but of the writing? I don't see why.

And I agree with Tri-ring: Just like season 1 the adaption is perfect. I.G. just has to bring it home safely with another perfect adaption of a certain scene.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:17   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
And I agree with Tri-ring: Just like season 1 the adaption is perfect. I.G. just has to bring it home safely with another perfect adaption of a certain scene.
I agree. KimiTodo adaptation is becoming one of the greatest shoujo adaptations ever. It's about time i say.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:50   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's totally understandable for Sawako not to understand it, as it was brought up my Chizu's speech. Sawako just thinks it's impossible for someone to love her, especially Kazehaya. Sure he's flat out saying he does right in front of her, though that doesn't change who she is and what she's had to experience all her life. Kazehaya is annoyed because she hasn't changed even though everything around her has.

Eh i still say there's plenty quality in this part of the story.
After 31 episodes, I expect Sawako to be able to understand a straightforward confession. So no, it is not totally understandable for her to completely misunderstand Kazehaya's intentions after his brilliant speech and heartfelt confession. Once again, I feel so sorry for the poor guy... He finally managed to muster up his courage and confess his love to her (in front of several people to boot) and it went right over her head. Worse, she started crying rivers as if it were the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
You must've dropped a lot of series if this particular incident is pissing you off so much, this drama was to be expected. How else could the author bring up some trouble other than a misunderstanding when it comes to couple that is naturally already together at heart? A quarrel wouldn't work, right?

I know this season has been quite gloomy so far compared to S1. However season 1 was also primarily just about friendship and being accepted as an outsider. This time round, it's the real deal. It's about love, it's about what everyone has been waiting for since ep/ch 1 - the two finally becoming a real love couple. That's why you can't tell this segment without some big drama beforehand, this is a symbiosis all these kind of series have. As Stefkov pointed out, you need these drama parts to appreciate the feel-good parts, it's only working with this binary opposition, that's why I don't really understand your disappointment of the story. Of the characters? Maybe. They've never been constructed as perfect anyway but of the writing? I don't see why.

Eh, I've only dropped a handful of series in my life. As long as a series doesn't become physically painful to watch, I'll complete it. Kimi ni Todoke is slowly getting there.

I don't have any problem with big drama. I have a problem with bad drama. This whole season has been nothing but a succession of misunderstandings. I'm reaching my breaking point, there's only so much of this type plot device I can put up with. KimiTodo didn't need to resort to such tricks to make its story interesting, season one was just fine without it (incidentelly, the drama in season one was very very good). Misunderstandings have been overused so much in such a short amount of time this whole situation has become silly rather than dramatic. Sawako's personality traits have been amplified to the point of stupidity. She's always been an unbelievable character, but at least she was likeable, I could sympathize with her sometimes. However, now she just makes me cringe. That's a bit of a problem since she's the main character.

I'm not entirely convinced drama was needed in this particular story, but even so, I would have welcomed it with open arms if it had been done convincingly. It wasn't. Sawako's tendency to misunderstand everything has been far too exaggerated. What does Kazehaya need to do if she can't even understand the words "I LOVE YOU"? Kiss her? She'd probably find a way to misunderstand this gesture as well
Old 2011-02-16, 13:03   Link #276
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
great episode. The title for the next episode "Just give up" kinda makes me think either Sadako or Shouta is going to give up on their relation. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:15   Link #277
GreatTeacherKen

Considering how closely the anime follows the manga, this arc should be over within the next two episodes and the rest of the season should be relatively drama free.

So for anyone frustrated with the current arc, it's almost over.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 14:45   Link #278
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

ugh, these impatient fellows. Just because its ep 6 doesn't mean love will blossom soon enough. Anyways great ep, can't wait to see how the progress goes. I'm patiently watching the hard work to make this series bloom.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:26   Link #279
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Really enjoyed episode 6 too ... they are doing an excellent job!
Old 2011-02-16, 17:04   Link #280
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
This is one of those parts where I find Sawako to be so incredibly inhumanly dense. It's not impatience, it's that after all that's happened, she seriously doesn't realize the confession is real? Come on, now, really. I get she isn't good with socializing at all, but it's another thing to completely miss the obvious when it's right in front of your face. : l It's not like just Kazehaya has told her, everyone else has hinted things to her. I guess to add more drama and tear-jerking moments like when Chizu cried. Aaaah.

Aside from my Sawako frustration, another great episode. But really, there's a point where all these damn misunderstandings have to end. And by now, I believe they should have.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo