AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 08:34   Link #941
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
I read that entire wall of text and agree with every bit of it.
Same. I started off thinking TL;DR but by the end of the first couple sentences I was nodding my head at every new point.

Can we hijack the manga and just do it better?
Old 2011-11-29, 10:49   Link #942
FritzC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The elements do exist, but they're not really flushed out in a meaningful way. Chad and Ichigo are buds and we got that sort of backstory so long ago, but it's really been an excuse to have a fodder character by his side.
But even that was a 'fighting' relationship. Chad and Ichigo protected each other because Ichigo was getting beat up and Chad wouldn't fight back. There really wasn't more to it than that.

Last edited by FritzC; 2011-11-29 at 11:08.
FritzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 14:39   Link #943
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

What baffles me beyond all comprehension is why people will defend Aizen or express interest in him even when they're willing to critique the manga; he's such a one-dimensional character. Kubo very clearly wanted him to come across as a mastermind, planning wheels within wheels, always in control of the situation.

In reality, his ideas are linear, obvious and often incomplete. Consider the following:

Aizen's Super Awesome To-Do List

1. Conduct secret experiments using hougyoku to study its potential, frame Urahara Kisuke and Hirako Shinji, the only two I know of who suspect my motives, for the resulting hollowification outbreak, let Soul Society clean up the mess. Take no action whatsoever when Urahara, Hirako et al. escape from Soul Society, allowing several dangerous people who know my secrets and hate me to plan their response for decades.

2. Fake my own death to stir up chaos and allow me to operate undetected, despite already being able to do that because of my broken hypnosis powers. Don't use my relative freedom to do anything I couldn't have done while out in the open, just wait for everyone to start fighting each other, then take the hougyoku and leave. Oh, also remember to retroactively take credit for the exact flow of events in that strawberry kid's invasion of Soul Society, even though I had nothing to do with it, because it makes me sound cool.

3. Amass an army of powerful Arankaru, have them kidnap Inoue Orihime. Do nothing when my forces get crushed, and decide I have no actual use for the girl's power after all. Wait until the vast majority of my forces have been annihilated to take any action.

4. Use the hougyoku to evolve into a transcendent being, then gather the souls necessary to make the royal key and set myself up as the new god of Soul Society. Make sure that every time I get rocked by surprise I say that I had planned on it so that I could evolve further, while at the same time shit-talk about being transcendent at every step in the process.

Aizen is actually pretty careless, blinded by utter arrogance. He half-asses his so-called plans, and the only reason he gets away with all the crap he does is because he has some broken powers, and the people who can work around those get hit with a truckload of deus ex machina. He never actually needs to do any kind of planning because he just uses brute force to solve every problem, and then despite there being absolutely no trace of the subtlest foreshadowing to back it up, he likes to claim that things were all according to his plan--most egregiously, I'm thinking of his suggestion that he somehow setup Ichigo's progression of fights to egg on his own evolution as a potential transcendent, when there is absolutely no reason in the story to believe it, and everyone knows full well that happened because this is a shounen action manga.

Everything about Aizen as a character is an insult to the reader's intelligence.

Last edited by Ricky Controversy; 2011-11-29 at 15:37.
Ricky Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 14:54   Link #944
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aizen had planned for you to type this post, just as Kubo wanted...but yeah, he could have been a lot. Hell, he could have become ANYTHING, he reached god status only to be discarded as an eternal prisoner, it's as if the author regretted ever giving him so much focus.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 15:27   Link #945
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lets not forget that in the end, this 'greatest' villian failed to kill a single good guy with a face despite taking down most of them with his own hands.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 01:30   Link #946
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Too many implications of the ichirukia relationship. We're on chapter 475 Kubo needs to throw something else out there to make it more clear .

Also like almost EVERYTHING like the MAIN stuff in Bleach doesn't make ANY sense... like even if you use your imagination to the max... I just come up with a blank.
Old 2011-12-04, 08:00   Link #947
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
LOL if i only could i would've done it already!
Old 2011-12-04, 08:03   Link #948
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's what Alchemist has been doing lately...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:31   Link #949
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Same. I started off thinking TL;DR but by the end of the first couple sentences I was nodding my head at every new point.

I'm down for a Dallas "it was all a dream" type reboot.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:44   Link #950
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm down for a Dallas "it was all a dream" type reboot.
For the Fullbringer arc I could get behind that. Ichigo fighting with his subconscious to regain his own lost power... yeah that could work. It'd be a nice play off the inner world battles we've seen before.

If it was a Dallas style everything has been a dream scenario I would burn every copy of the manga I have (which isn't many) and then go egg Kubo's car.
Old 2011-12-04, 20:32   Link #951
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd give a fresh start w/ Arrancars/Vaizards
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 01:09   Link #952
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
For the Fullbringer arc I could get behind that. Ichigo fighting with his subconscious to regain his own lost power... yeah that could work. It'd be a nice play off the inner world battles we've seen before.

If it was a Dallas style everything has been a dream scenario I would burn every copy of the manga I have (which isn't many) and then go egg Kubo's car.

That'd be the biggest disappointment EVER ..... I just won a few auctions for Bleach figures too .. idk what i'd do with them.. Too much $$ to burn
Old 2011-12-05, 10:29   Link #953
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's what Alchemist has been doing lately...
okay, so how is he doing it? i want to try it out too. lol

with the rate the series is going, i think i'm going to watch the bleach rock musicals instead.
Old 2011-12-06, 03:35   Link #954
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
I just want Orihime x Ichigo. That is all.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 19:02   Link #955
FritzC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq View Post
I just want Orihime x Ichigo. That is all.
You mean Useless character x Ichigo?

Lolwut
Old 2011-12-08, 06:06   Link #956
Kafriel
Senior Guest

With the way Kubo treats his characters, it's hard to take them seriously. Starting off with the people Ichigo met in SS before entering Seireitei, to the arrancar, then the vizards, and now the fullbringers. Even if a new group is introduced, what is the point if they die/disappear from the universe every time an arc ends?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:26   Link #957
FritzC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With the way Kubo treats his characters, it's hard to take them seriously. Starting off with the people Ichigo met in SS before entering Seireitei, to the arrancar, then the vizards, and now the fullbringers. Even if a new group is introduced, what is the point if they die/disappear from the universe every time an arc ends?
Especially when he makes them out to be such badasses at first.
Old 2011-12-10, 02:39   Link #958
maewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzC View Post
You mean Useless character x Ichigo?

Lolwut
xD Now now.. Orihime will get her powerup.. one day

What went wrong:
1.The Plot!
Kubo should've followed the red thread, and let Aizen get his King's key in FKT. It would have created a much more dynamic story.
You can also question if it was wise of Kubo to put Aizen in Hueco mundo in the first place, the classical 'evil overlord' is never an exiting read.

2.The Antagonists!
This is one of the major problems in Bleach. There is TOO much of the good guys, and way too few bad guys.
At the moment we have only Ginjou (and Aizen in jail).
Every one of the arrancars (besides from Harribel; bigboobs.jpg), ended up dying. What a freaking waste.
Spoiler for OP spoilers like woah!:
It creates suspense, dynamics and a 'thicker' storyline. It takes use of the characters!

And those are my two cents. However, I do love the way Kubo writes his characters. I genuniely love his characters. I just wish he could take better care of them..

EDIT: Fine fine.. I'll spoiler the OP-bits

Last edited by maewie; 2011-12-11 at 05:47.
maewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:36   Link #959
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by maewie View Post

What went wrong:
1.The Plot!
Kubo should've followed the red thread, and let Aizen get his King's key in FKT. It would have created a much more dynamic story.
You can also question if it was wise of Kubo to put Aizen in Hueco mundo in the first place, the classical 'evil overlord' is never an exiting read.

2.The Antagonists!
This is one of the major problems in Bleach. There is TOO much of the good guys, and way too few bad guys.
Spoiler for manga:

Every one of the arrancars (besides from Harribel; bigboobs.jpg), ended up dying. What a freaking waste. If you look at One Piece, hardly anyone of the bad guys has actually died. Instead, we have Ace and whitebeard dying! It creates suspense, dynamics and a 'thicker' storyline. It takes use of the characters!

And those are my two cents. However, I do love the way Kubo writes his characters. I genuniely love his characters. I just wish he could take better care of them..
Spoiler for uhm:

Excluding the Soul Society arc and the first episodes there is only one arc in Bleach where I watched every single episode (And that was the Anime filler arc with Nozomi, Kageroza and the mod souls, I think it's called invading gotei 13)

I think it aleady was a huge mistake to have one single main villain, who has to be beaten. The captains were much more interesting during the soul society arc, where you didn't know who is allied and who is an enemy. There were fights everywhere. Hitsugaya vs Gin, Kenpachi vs. Tosen, Ichigo vs everyone, Renji vs Byakuya, Yamamoto vs Shunsui&Ukitake etc. All of them had their own reasons to fight and it made the characters interesting. After Aizen revealed that he was the evil mastermind, all conflicts were solved and it was Everyone vs Aizen, resulting that everyone ends up being just a support character for Ichigo. That was kinda boring and after Aizen's defeat there is of course nothing left to do and it feels like the whole point of the series just ended with one blow. That's like Naruto becoming Hokage, or Luffy finding the One Piece or Ash becoming Pokemon Master and still continuing the series. The invading gotei 13 filler arc caught my interest again, however. You saw captain vs captain fights and you didn't know who was an ally and who was an enemy. You didn't know what was happening and you wanted to find out what was going on. It was really interesting, although knowing how it was going to end, it made it a little boring. If Kubo chose this path and took this idea into the manga instead of the fullbring arc, this could've easily saved Bleach. If you didn't watch it yet I recommend you to watch and you'll know what I mean.

Last edited by Jouten; 2011-12-10 at 16:38.
Jouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:07   Link #960
FritzC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maewie View Post
She still would be useless, whether she is 'powerful' or not. Lol.

Anyways, I agree with Jouten to some degree. The 'Everyone vs. Aizen' did get a bit old but that wasn't the main problem. I'd be fine with it if we had people dying. Knowing no one good will die takes all the suspense out of watching a fight. If you know the outcome before it begins, fight at all?

EDIT: Lol @ Ichi-Orih shippers

Props to whoever said 'die', made my day lmao

Last edited by FritzC; 2011-12-10 at 18:22.