AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-18, 15:03   Link #481
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It would also depend on whether this Originator was one of the parents with the ability to create unlimited children.

But that means we won't see a continuous lineage like with Crikin, we could potentially have «warring descendants» kind of situation.

A whole new kingdom in the US. Pretty interesting.
Old 2013-03-20, 18:23   Link #482
tuckersister

So a new kingdom in the US that was started by an Originator who was Japan is interesting. The thing I don't get is, are all the 100 Originators from the same country?

Also,I forgot to add that Steel Waker is one of few that doesn't have a "child", though I don't know if there will be one in the light novel (there's got to be reason why).

Cosmos should have a former "secret" friend before she became king and that Kuroyukihime doesn't know of. This friend trusted, but separated from because of differences (hence why I created Steel Waker). Though I wonder what a former friend of the White King would be like (don't include KYH)

Lastly, I will change "Steel" to "Titanium" because someone say that the metal avatars are only on the periodic table. If there is one that sounds as good as "Steel" or "Zinc" please post.
Old 2013-03-20, 18:29   Link #483
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
So a new kingdom in the US that was started by an Originator who was Japan is interesting. The thing I don't get is, are all the 100 Originators from the same country?

Also,I forgot to add that Steel Waker is one of few that doesn't have a "child", though I don't know if there will be one in the light novel (there's got to be reason why).

Cosmos should have a former "secret" friend before she became king and that Kuroyukihime doesn't know of. This friend trusted, but separated from because of differences (hence why I created Steel Waker). Though I wonder what a former friend of the White King would be like (don't include KYH)
Yes. The Originators were all Japanese. The first thirty who got to level 2 has the following privileges:

-unlimited copy install BB to children, allowing BB to spread
-a Trojan horse checker to determine the reaction speeds of the children, making sure they were able to use BB.

These privileges were not passed down to subsequent children.
Old 2013-03-21, 00:44   Link #484
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I spent some time on the Fanfiction thread over at the SAO forums, when I thought of an idea of a true crossover:

Klein Samurai which I posted a page or two back was initially a joke that made it past the conception stage, but what would the other SAO cast be?

For example, Lisbeth might make a good replacement for Red Rider, given that her primary skills were allocated towards equipment forging and repairing.

Or the infamous link between Green Grande and Heathcliff, in that both have insane tanking ability and their HP has never dipped below 50%.

Genderbend Sulphur Pot and replace his personality with Silica, and you have AW's Beast Tamer.

Sinon's personality doesn't square with Niko though, even though they both wield awesome long-range firepower.

Kirito doesn't fit in any of the characters so far when going by the LN releases. Asuna might be a match to KYH if only for the role of deutagonist.
Old 2013-03-21, 05:30   Link #485
Sunder the Gold

Since Kirito's black is paralleled to Lotus' Black in Versus, I've been wondering if Asuna's white might offer a clue to Accel World's White.

Was Asuna known as the White anything in SAO or ALO?
Old 2013-03-21, 05:42   Link #486
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

She was only known as "The Flash" for her terrifying attack speed.

...which the author has never actually demonstrated besides two or three instances.
Old 2013-03-21, 10:14   Link #487
tuckersister

A Burst Linker can avoid getting "uninstalled" by moving to an different area. If an Originator managed to survive up til now by moving to a place with little or no BLs, that would be interesting. The only reason for a Originator to go back is for personal reasons. As many people said, there very few Originators left. I wouldn't give doubt that an Originator went into hiding or leave the AW to live in reality.
Old 2013-03-21, 14:01   Link #488
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
A Burst Linker can avoid getting "uninstalled" by moving to an different area.
Huh?

Quote:
If an Originator managed to survive up til now by moving to a place with little or no BLs, that would be interesting.
You say "survive", but what I hear is "starve to death". If someone wants to keep Accelerating, they need to fight other Burst Linkers; otherwise, they keep Accelerating until they run out of Burst Points.

If the Burst Linker is strong enough to safely and reliably farm Enemies on their own, then they really don't have much to fear from other Burst Linkers, and thus have little reason to move.

If someone wanted to avoid fighting other Burst Linkers AND had no particular reason to keep Accelerating, they might as well just voluntarily delete their own avatars.

Quote:
As many people said, there very few Originators left. I wouldn't give doubt that an Originator went into hiding or leave the AW to live in reality.
I suspect that Matchmaker is an Originator, but he's not exactly in hiding.
Old 2013-03-22, 10:58   Link #489
tuckersister

Burst Linkers that "hide" doesn't necessarily mean they're afraid, just that they don't duel that much or they focus more in reality than the AW. Some BLs like to keep the memories for the AW and do anything to prevent that, even they don't accelerate that much.

Also, I thought there was another way to get burst points without fight BLs.
Old 2013-03-22, 17:33   Link #490
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Gold he probably means that there's a lower risk of fighting until your points were drained.

Quote:
Burst Linkers that "hide" doesn't necessarily mean they're afraid, just that they don't duel that much or they focus more in reality than the AW. Some BLs like to keep the memories for the AW and do anything to prevent that, even they don't accelerate that much.

Also, I thought there was another way to get burst points without fight BLs.
There are Enemies to hunt in the UNF, though this assumes that the US also has some social camera network that can be used to create the field.
Old 2013-03-23, 17:40   Link #491
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

A solution would be to have the company responsible for the social camera technology to expand to the US, such that selected areas have the technology (certain buildings for example) while other areas that are not covered simply appear as featureless 'blanks'.

As the social cameras are functioning by the same programming, it's slightly reasonable to assume that the Brain Burst program is capable of hacking into the cameras there too.

However, if it is ever confirmed in the light novels that the social cameras were a product of purely government research rather than privatisation, which seems likely since this is quite important information for it to be regulated by a private company, then there isn't a way for the surroundings to be created. You could probably still accelerate, but you'll only be limited to playing around with your neurolinker during that period since there isn't data to generate the surroundings.

Alternatively the program might have a function or be altered such that data from the eye is used in place of the camera, though that would mean that the field generated will be less comprehensive than the one from the social camera data.

However, generation of the Unlimited Field seems unlikely as while it's confirmed that the blue surroundings during acceleration utilise the data from social cameras, there isn't a need for social cameras to be hacked in the case of the Unlimited Field since only stationary elements such as building appear. It seems more efficient to use a 3D map instead.
Old 2013-03-23, 17:45   Link #492
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Wow, Duke, haven't seen you in like, forever.

V5.1 actually suggests the camera network tech was sold to the US:

Quote:
“Hmm, what is it?”

“About the recent talk on the export of social camera technology on the news…”

Did you hear about it?
Old 2013-03-23, 17:51   Link #493
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Haha life has caught up with me, so I won't be around for quite a while either. I just happened to find the time to read the last page of this thread.

If Kawahara has explicitly mentioned this, it seems possible that we might have linkers who have been living overseas being introduced as future characters.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:07   Link #494
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Haha take care man. All the interesting stuff was had on the speculation thread anyway.
Old 2013-03-23, 21:59   Link #495
Sunder the Gold

Aluminum Valkyrie, from the official spinoff, is a Japanese girl who lived abroad with her brother before he died, and she returned to Japan.

He was a Burst Linker, and gave her his one copy on his deathbed. She had no idea until AFTER she returned to Japan and met two Burst Linkers, who attempted to share their copies with her.

She idolizes Black Lotus, because even before she learned about the Accelerated World, her brother told her stories of the heroic Black Lotus and her Nega Nebulous.

She's not much of evidence, though, since if she never knew to use the Burst Link command, it wouldn't matter if Brain Burst could function in America. Especially if there weren't any Burst Linkers to challenge her.
Old 2013-03-23, 22:02   Link #496
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

One of them attempted to do the copy install actually. I read the chinese translations. Not much to spoil though since I've only read chapter 1

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-03-23 at 22:03. Reason: Ambiguous....
Old 2013-03-29, 22:27   Link #497
Sunder the Gold

Did the failure count against her one chance?
Old 2013-03-29, 22:45   Link #498
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's never explained if it was counted.
Old 2013-03-31, 03:19   Link #499
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Just an hour earlier, I was listening to The Personalizer, and a random thought about Saffron Blossom floated around...and this was the result.

First, the duel avatar, before I forget its identity. The controller's history can be filled in later. I've organised it into spoiler tags for ease of viewing parts of the description.

Lemon Persona
Spoiler for Appearance and Armament description:
Spoiler for Moves:
Spoiler for Exceptions and Examples:

Edit: Now for the controller. Her personality and bio is enclosed in a spoiler tag for the sole purpose of presentation.

Name: Reimu Yamahana (山花霊夢 Yamahana Reimu)

Appearance: I initially thought of the Touhou Reimu, but that's the laziest use of brain cells. So here's Amatsume Akira from Yosuga No Sora. Yes, I've watched that anime...ONLY that anime out of the tons coming in that genre.

Stats: Just a little shorter than her avatar, Reimu stands on the petite side at 1.47m tall and weighing 50kg.

Spoiler for Personality & Biography:

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-03-31 at 21:59.
Old 2013-03-31, 13:22   Link #500
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Lemon Persona is not very tall, stading only slightly larger than her controller at a height of 1.5m. The lightweight avatar lets her run just as fast as Dusk Taker or Yellow Radio, but not anything like Silver Crow.
Dusk Taker was Purple; my theory states that Purple avatars are stronger or faster than Yellow and Red avatars, which is what gives them an advantage in direct-confrontation at close-combat.

A Red avatar shoots farther or with a stronger gun, but the Purple is either faster on foot (to close the distance despite the Red's retreat) or stronger (to punch harder at close-range).

When fighting Rust Jigsaw, Silver Crow growls to himself that he won't let a Red avatar outrun him.

Quote:
Her armour is also light to the point of non-existent, because like Sky Raker, her avatar wears that miko outfit which is hardly tougher than Raker's dress, I presume.
Ardor Maiden is the shrine maiden avatar. Sky Raker looks nothing like that.

Quote:
-Stun: The tip of the wand is brought into contact with the target avatar, causing its movement to slow. The avatar feels both the impact of the wand and an anaesthetic-like numbing sensation and slows their movement.
How long does it last? Can repeated strikes increase the effect? If so, how bad can the effect get?

Quote:
-Charge: By twirling the wand, the SP gauge is slowly charged. It takes about 1 minute of continuous spinning to charge her gauge fully.
Okay, I can sort of accept that for an avatar that is frail enough and weak enough to have lots of trouble getting SP the normal way.

It's important to remember that powers which would be game-breaking for some avatars would not be so for others.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction