AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-16, 07:02   Link #1
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Little Busters EX - Anime News & Speculation (No Game Spoilers!)

https://twitter.com/ANIMEOK/statuses/379565887461675009
https://twitter.com/eva_ans/statuses/379566744169218049
https://twitter.com/issei921/statuse...71892945829888
https://twitter.com/rusiedo/statuses/379565941761114112
https://twitter.com/rusiedo/statuses/379572115520749568
https://twitter.com/pi8027_tsukuba/s...66314861232128

So word is going around LB Ecstasy is getting an anime on its own?
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-09-16, 07:47   Link #2
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Naniii?????

What's this mean? A third season??
Old 2013-09-16, 08:04   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yup.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-green-lit
Old 2013-09-16, 09:36   Link #4
RazoRTR

Guys! Little Busters EX! will be animated! Check out the web-site: http://litbus-anime.com/ex/
Old 2013-09-16, 10:30   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

My guess is that the Fall Little Busters Refrain anime is going to be two cours: one cour will be Refrain, and a second cour will be EX. (It could also similarly be split-cour.) So it's sort of like a "third season" in name, but really it's just a labelling distinction. They already hinted in the past that they intended to animate all the game's content, so I think this is just their way of doing it.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:32   Link #6
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering EX, be it content and length, it will be either a 1 cour project, or "more logically speaking", bunch of OVA.
I'm more prone to the latter considering how digest EX can be, and also the fact it would be rather jarring business/timing wise to have another break before having EX.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:13   Link #7
MCAL

I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Refrain is only going to be one cour. Having finished the game recently, one cour isn't going to be enough, what with their still being Kurugaya and Rin's route to handle as well. And correct me if I am wrong having not played the Clannad VN, but I had also heard Refrain is as long as After Story which needed about one cour to cover in the the anime. Not to mention I have heard Saya's route is pretty long. So I think Refrain is two cours and Ecstasy is a separate anime.

EDIT: Not to mention the term green-lit is used. Doesn't that mean it was just approved and there has been no production of it yet.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-09-16 at 11:38.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:18   Link #8
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Didn't they also say they were going to animate the Kudryavka spinoff as well?
Old 2013-09-16, 11:20   Link #9
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

My bet foe bunch of OVas to cover additional routes
Old 2013-09-16, 11:59   Link #10
Frontier

Going off what others have said, I'm expecting this to either be a series of OVA's or a separate one cours after Refrain. It has a different title after all...

As an anime-only watcher, I'm most interested in seeing Kanata and Saya's routes. With Kanata, I have to wonder where they'll go with her character after having done the Haruka route already and if they'll be more romance this time around. I'm especially curious to finally see what the big deal about Saya is .
Old 2013-09-16, 12:15   Link #11
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
My guess is that the Fall Little Busters Refrain anime is going to be two cours: one cour will be Refrain, and a second cour will be EX. (It could also similarly be split-cour.) So it's sort of like a "third season" in name, but really it's just a labelling distinction. They already hinted in the past that they intended to animate all the game's content, so I think this is just their way of doing it.
Is it even possible to cover the remaining routes in the Refrain season in just one-cour?

The producers really do intend to adapt all the Little Busters storylines. I wonder if Kud Wafter will also be adapted? Kud Wafter takes place after the events in Little Busters so if it does get adapted then the anime will choose Kud as the end heroine.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-16 at 12:22. Reason: a specific info isn't supposed to be known.
Old 2013-09-16, 13:03   Link #12
Zankoku12

EX official site was actually opened a week ago but they never said anything so no one noticed it till now LOL

Anyway,from what I've heard,the OP for EX anime will be LB! ecstasy version.
Old 2013-09-16, 14:22   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And correct me if I am wrong having not played the Clannad VN, but I had also heard Refrain is as long as After Story which needed about one cour to cover in the the anime.
This is actually an interesting comparison...

Spoiler for Comparison to Clannad AS anime:

I'm not saying it will necessarily be that way -- the EX content could be handled as OVAs after all -- but it's just my guess. I always figured this second season would be a two-cour show, but I had assumed they'd just throw the EX content in it. This is just another way of branding things.

(Edit: The other thing is that it wouldn't necessarily half to be exactly an even split. Let's say they did 17 episodes of Refrain (6 discs), and then 9 episodes of EX (3 discs) or whatever.)

Quote:
EDIT: Not to mention the term green-lit is used. Doesn't that mean it was just approved and there has been no production of it yet.
Consider the timing of the announcement. If they wanted to announce that another separate show was in production, they could have waited to announce it after the end of Refrain, like they announced Refrain at the end of the first season. I think the timing here suggests this is coming sooner rather than later.
Old 2013-09-16, 14:35   Link #14
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Yes. I want Saya! I'm ready so shut up and take my money!
Old 2013-09-16, 15:11   Link #15
taichi-kun

Quote:
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Refrain is only going to be one cour. Having finished the game recently, one cour isn't going to be enough, what with their still being Kurugaya and Rin's route to handle as well. And correct me if I am wrong having not played the Clannad VN, but I had also heard Refrain is as long as After Story which needed about one cour to cover in the the anime. Not to mention I have heard Saya's route is pretty long. So I think Refrain is two cours and Ecstasy is a separate anime.
I really hope they make EX as a 3rd season or Ovas because I don't see how they can adapt refrain+rin+kurugaya+EX in 26 episodes without failing
Old 2013-09-16, 19:31   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I haven't played the VN, but does the fact that Kud isn't featured in the EX promo imagery suggest that they intend to combine her scenario from EX and Wafter into a separate series?
Old 2013-09-16, 21:44   Link #17
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I haven't played the VN, but does the fact that Kud isn't featured in the EX promo imagery suggest that they intend to combine her scenario from EX and Wafter into a separate series?
From my understanding the only thing added to the original routes are the H-scenes. Otherwise they are basically the same exact story, The only added material is a Sasami, Kanata and new heroine Saya route.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-09-16 at 22:16.
Old 2013-09-16, 21:53   Link #18
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope that Harumi Sakurai reprises her role as Saya.
I absolutely loved her role as Yurippe in Angel Beats!.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-09-17, 05:02   Link #19
egnaro315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I hope that Harumi Sakurai reprises her role as Saya.
I absolutely loved her role as Yurippe in Angel Beats!.
Let's hope she doesn't get pregnant when production starts lol.
Old 2013-09-17, 10:55   Link #20
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Quote:
From my understanding the only thing added to the original routes are the H-scenes. Otherwise they are basically the same exact story, The only added material is a Sasami, Kanata and new heroine Saya route.
Exactly. From the old cast, only Sasami and Kanata get new scenarios, since they didn't have their own routes in the original release. In addition there's the new heroine Saya, who is the focus of the third new scenario. The original heroines only get additional H-scenes.
There may be a few new moments with the old heroines, but nothing that comes close to something like a new scenario.
Closed Thread