AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 151 62.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 21.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 9.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 3.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-08, 10:21   Link #201
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiZX View Post
What WAS Saji mumbling (sorry, didn't catch the Japanese...)?

In any case, I would expect Saji to break out of his emo stage at some point, most likely with the help of Louise (I actually kinda miss her presence already). I also see him trying to kill Setsuna, and there'll probably be a time when he'll have to go through a stage of hating CB. But I don't see him signing up as a soldier just so he can kill; I think it's far more likely that he finds out about his sister's work, and tried to continue on it.
They got you, gundams!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:28   Link #202
KaiZX
Dogbert Financial Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
GN arms just looks like another example of the Meteor system or whatever that Freedom/Justice use in SEED.
Actually, this "system" started with the Super Gundam back in Zeta, then evolved to the huge weapon docking system in 0083, and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more besides.

GN Arms doesn't seem to be as IMBA as the Meteor system though, and I also think it looks better visually. The color scheme matches the Exia, and it also looks more streamlined as an independent fighter unit and as a combined unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Good point... Only drawback is... Saji has no idea that his neighbor is the very person flying the blue giant all around his TV screen....
Well... that's what season 2 is for, isn't it?
KaiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:31   Link #203
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiZX View Post
Actually, this "system" started with the Super Gundam back in Zeta, then evolved to the huge weapon docking system in 0083, and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more besides.
Technically, this sort of add-on system for the Gundams started with the G-Armor in the original series (which was retconned out in the original version). So yeah, it's been a sort of Gundam tradition since the first series.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:38   Link #204
Galerian

Ali equals results!

I hope they broadcast a scene where Ali shows the AEU his new unit

Ali: "Can I join the final anti-gundam assault in space?"

AEU-guy; "Sure, but you have to bring your own GN powered MS.

Ali; "Not a problem."
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:43   Link #205
ghost89475

Awesome!!!
This ep simply confirms what we all know about the thrones.
Bunch of idiots. As someone said it before... Neena was in a gundam and she was supposed to escape? ...Like...HELLO???
And aside from that, why did they even meet a hostile MS in person? The crazy brother even complained that only one MS was sent as reinforcement... Did he really think it was reinforcement?

I'm glad what the spoilers/rumours said about ribbonz wasn't true.
Aeolia is one super smart genius. Predicting, strategizing, counter-predicting himself etc. Don't put all your eggs into one basket. And hence, once hostility was detected from the guests who entered the room, which meant VEDA was compromised, countermeasures took over.
So clever!

His speach towards the end of the ep just had me wondering if this means he is giving up on CB??? If so... I think it is so cool
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:47   Link #206
Flame-X
Anti-fan

O_O
damn... Exia going after image speed, its like F91 but with red haha.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:52   Link #207
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Holy crap, this episode was amazing!
Kinda disappointed to see Johan and Michael, both die I was expecting more from the Trinities. And in this episode Exia went F91 against Ali, and I like this Trans-AM mode, which also proved that red equals 3 times the speed .
Old 2008-03-08, 10:52   Link #208
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :

looking forward to next episode
Old 2008-03-08, 10:58   Link #209
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I shall now, with my nonexistent leet translation skills, re-enact the scene between Tieria, Lockon and the eavesdropping Felt
Spoiler:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:07   Link #210
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Spoiler for Emo mode on:
Spoiler:
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:11   Link #211
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

It's occured to me that there is another, simple, quick way to get Lockon's game up to 100%.
Simply take an eye from his twin.

Suitably evil for Celestial Being's Wang Liu Mei? I think so!

And on another note, 00 has continued a trend of not giving us exactly what we want or expect when it comes to knocking off and hurting characters. Trinity Two, who most of us wanted Graham to kill, is the first established Gundam pilot in my memory to have been killed outside of his cockpit, not the personal death-in-battle most of us were expecting. Many of us also likely thought that the good old Eins last longer than it did as well, it's sensible pilot at least making it to the half-way point. We even felt tinges of sympathy for their deaths to the villainous Ali; we wanted the heroes from both sides to vanquish them all, true, but for our Celestial Being anti-heroes to be killed by the main villain? That's just not right.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:13   Link #212
Joachim
et tu, brute?

saji is either going to become a future villain or, well the usual, hate turn to love guy (from hating CB to supporting them)

Anyway, great episode, man this is what gundam show supposed to be, i am excited every week, and gundam 00 never fail me

... though i keep getting full metal alchemist vibe ^^;;
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:19   Link #213
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
... though i keep getting full metal alchemist vibe ^^;;
it is FMA director after all. XD
Old 2008-03-08, 11:23   Link #214
Var
Banned

Homage to Gundam Wing: Alejandro's gun is Treiz's gun.

Or I could just be making stuff up, my memory isn't all that reliable at times.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:33   Link #215
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Only one?
Wasn't it like Ali destoying Throne Eins and Exia destroying Throne Zwei? Or did Ali survive again?
(still no episode for me...)

Something I wonder: Isn't this Trans-am Mode supposed to just disable this Filter in the GN drives, which limits the energy output? Since the GN Drive T don't even have this filter, shouldn't they be also this fast?
Thats probably why they made it on Jupiter to store more power using its crushing gravity.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:35   Link #216
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This episode is awesome!!!

First, I'm glad to see Lockon is ok, even his eye can be fixed too. I hope he can discover Feldt's feelings for him soon. She's really cute

The Trinity no longer exist. Michael's death is fast...I'm not sad of his death, but he's a fun character to watch. I will miss him . Johan, on the other hand, I'm really sad when he's dead. I just started to like him when he's fighting Ali and he is killed immediately. I really like his speech in the end. Poor guy, he lived to be a Meister, and die as one. Salute!

At least Neena is no dead. Maybe this will change her into a better person. Setsuna VS Ali is amazing, although it's weird to see Setsuna getting owned by Ali who just hops into a Gundam. Trans-Am mode is pretty sweet, and glowing red Exia is really cool. I've rewatched Exia's after image attack multiple times now

Nice to see Aelio still alive (or he's dead now?) and kicking asses. He's intelligent enough to predict betrayal within the organization and set up a counterattack, right before 200 years ago! And he seems pretty sincere in eradicating war, not an evil guy like we thought he will be

And I hope Setsuna will kill Ali soon!

10 out of 10
Old 2008-03-08, 12:01   Link #217
X207
Gamyūsa

OMFG!! that was an awesome ep, 15/10. so ali did kill micheal and jack the MS. the shocking part was that johann was finished off so quickly. damn that trans-am system is awesome. setsuna fle circles around him. i hope that the transam system stays installen on exia . i have a feeling that nena may join CB1 squad now regardless of her past actions. maybe it would be similar to dearka's situation.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:03   Link #218
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Only one?
Wasn't it like Ali destoying Throne Eins and Exia destroying Throne Zwei? Or did Ali survive again?
(still no episode for me...)

Something I wonder: Isn't this Trans-am Mode supposed to just disable this Filter in the GN drives, which limits the energy output? Since the GN Drive T don't even have this filter, shouldn't they be also this fast?
1. Ali destroyed Eins. Setsuna then owns Zwei, but Ali retreats with it.

2. Trans-Am only increases the power output of the GN Drive to the point that the TD Blanket can't handle them, which is why it'll start spouting red particles instead of green. It's this increased energy that makes Trans Am superior to the GN Drive[T].

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:24   Link #219
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

That bizarre formation that the GN-X did was unexpectedly cool... even though it was kind of funny-looking.

And Lockon looks awesome with the eyepatch. But maybe Sunrise has spent too much time around CLAMP?

I'm glad to see more Lockon/Felt interaction - not because I particularly like the pairing, but because if that's the pairing we're going to get then I'd hope that they would get more interaction than that one scene ~15 episodes ago... Gundam generally doesn't do romance all that well so it feels really tacked on and forced. But Felt was cute, so it's okay I guess.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:38   Link #220
X207
Gamyūsa

throne zwei does fit ali pretty good, he's a close combat fighter. i love that this series will be hard to predict.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote