AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 16:40   Link #2121
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Spoiler for spoiler summary:
Man, what a waste of time then.
Old 2009-08-22, 17:08   Link #2122
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Man, what a waste of time then.
Yeah.. I hope at least something will come out of this date otherwise the whole event could just be seen as fanservice... Maybe Hata wants to let Hina confess at some point we won't expect it at all.. Anyways, I suppose the Hina confession part is over for now and the story will be focused on letting the others know about Hayate's + A-tan's past which will probably be interesting to see how they'll all react (in the next ch already maybe?)
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 18:04   Link #2123
IndoViking

Yes. But i think the first one to know the truth will be Hina, since she asks Hayate on their way home with nobody else near them...
Old 2009-08-22, 21:02   Link #2124
Fandal

A dark moonlight night.... Aren't these the times Athena usually shows up? Though if she does show up before Hayate tells, won't that bring a whole bunch of misunderstandings?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 23:19   Link #2125
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
http://blog.naver.com/sp3987

I think it's best to just wait for spoiler pics before trusting what the text says ^^;
The spoiler says this:

Spoiler for His blog updates pretty fast, so for most of the time, so I go there instead of Google'ing:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 23:26   Link #2126
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hardcore tsundere till the end!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 23:40   Link #2127
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
The spoiler says this:

Spoiler for His blog updates pretty fast, so for most of the time, so I go there instead of Google'ing:
godammit Hinagiku I like you and all but sometimes her tsundereness can get irritating >_< then again even if she confessed she would've gotten hurt, dammit im all over the place now ;__;
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 00:28   Link #2128
bebichocpha

Quote:
Hayate and Hina's dinner starts.
Hina tries to confess many times but fails.
On the other hand, in the museum, Nagi and others are there.
It seems that taking picture in the same pose as the statue is a crime in Greece.
Ayumu knows pretty well about Greek Mythology so Nagi asks why.
Ayumu answers that it's because she was interested in King Midas at Goldion Temple (spelling?)
Hina fails to confess till the end.
Hayate seems relieved by the fact that he was able to treat Hina well,
But Hina asks him to tell her the reason he looked gloomy all day.
What a completely clueless in debt butler !!

Maybe in chap 239, hina 'll promise rooting for Hayate x A-tan, so dissapointed if spoiler for chap 238 is true T_T ( why Hata !! why !!! ).

Last edited by bebichocpha; 2009-08-23 at 04:13.
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 04:17   Link #2129
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
What a completely clueless in debt butler !!

Maybe in chap 239, hina 'll promise rooting for Hayate x A-tan, so dissapointed if spoiler for chap 238 is true T_T ( why Hata !! why !!! ).
He wouldn't spill the beans that easily, he will just say "I've hurt a dear friend" or something like that.

So it would still to another misunderstanding one way or another.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:36   Link #2130
Rah

She won't do such a thing. Now that she understands her own feelings she can't possibly root for another person.

If the chapter ends with Hayate explaining about Athena, then all Hina can do is listen.

Well, let's say it ends with him telling her how things are. Hina will be so surprised to hear his story that she will entirely forget about the confession, and listen on. Then she will realize how things are, how he waited 10 years to apologize...

She might ask him if he still loves her. He will probably say that he doesn't know, and this will give her some hope and time to muster a little more courage and confess the next time, if the whole Athena business doesn't go well for him.

Or she might end up giving him valuable advice and feeling like crap in the end for doing such a thing (she's just too nice of a girl, eh?). Then the next day we have a depressed Hina and a happy Hayate.

So basically the situation for her isn't going to change from what it is now. Hayate will still remain oblivious to the fact that she loves him, but what about Ayumu? She will probably ask Hina if it didn't go well, since she will be in a depressed mood.

Will Hina tell Ayumu about Hayate's relationship with a girl named Athena (complete stranger to Ayumu). Or perhaps will Ayumu misunderstand Hinagiku by seeing her in a bad mood, that she was let down, and go talk to Hayate about it? Like for example.. Hina gave Hayate advice, and that's why he's in a good mood, but by doing that she betrayed herself and is feeling sad.

Ayumu might not ask her about it, feeling it's not a good time, BUT GO HAVE A CHAT WITH HAYATE ABOUT THE CONFESSION THING (because he's in such high spirits when Hina is so depressed, that it just doesn't make any sense)?! Haha, oh wow! If that sort of thing actually does happen.... OUCH!!

For extra dramatic effect we have Maria overhear this time! Hahahaha! SHE TOTALLY MESSED UP! Depression steadily spreading over the whole group!

Then Hayate goes talk to Hina about the whole confession thing. She's totally surprised, since it's so unexpected, and all...

Well... it wouldn't end well. Not well at all.

I wonder if I guessed a few things right? Ah, now I can't wait for saturday spoilers!

~edit: Two sentences up there with the same meaning. Too lazy to fix the text, hope it doesn't confuse yah.

~edit#2: Ok, just saw this now, and I had to upload it. RUNNN HAYATE RUUUUUUUUNNNNNN! LoL.

Spoiler for OH SHIT! Nagi heard about Athena!:

Last edited by Rah; 2009-08-23 at 05:43.
Old 2009-08-23, 06:53   Link #2131
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm not at all surprised that the date will end without any major developments. But Hinagiku was just happy to be out with Hayate AND he didn't screw anything up during the dinner. You've got to admit, for him that's actually pretty impressive.

What happens afterward is going to be tough to predict, I think we're in for a massive curveball soon. The date wasn't a waste of time at least as it showed that Hayate and Hinagiku both have a good time out together and even Nagi didn't seem to mind. It's a little odd actually that she was totally paranoid of the butler giving her a birthday present fearing she would fall for him, then lets him go on a date with her no problem. I bet Nagi's going to find out something from Ayumu soon, but for now I think the whole revelation for the group is going to be focused on Athena.

Can't wait for the next two chapters now!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:09   Link #2132
Mentar
Banned

If Hina manages to get Hayate to open up (which isn't all that unlikely, keep in mind that Hayate thought this was Maria's advice to him, too), then this would be a significant development.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:36   Link #2133
xellos2099

Well, I think Hayate might actually spill the bean on Hina since Hayate trust with discuss his problem with Hina a lot as shown in the path.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:42   Link #2134
Used Can

I think it'll depend on how Hina takes it. If Hayate tells her enough about that past, and about the person he was with, and if Hina connects the dots properly (i.e. who the girl who made Hayate this way is, and why Athena didn't allow her to call her A-tan), then what will she do? If she doesn't ask any further about their relationship (which is much like Hina), then perhaps she'll assume right away Hayate still loves Athena (which may, or may not be true) and she'll simply decide not to try confessing again.

This way she'll effectively have become like Ayumu - whilst Ayumu has remained in the "waiting for Hayate's reply" Hina will be stuck in the confession area.
Old 2009-08-23, 15:46   Link #2135
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think it'll depend on how Hina takes it. If Hayate tells her enough about that past, and about the person he was with, and if Hina connects the dots properly (i.e. who the girl who made Hayate this way is, and why Athena didn't allow her to call her A-tan), then what will she do? If she doesn't ask any further about their relationship (which is much like Hina), then perhaps she'll assume right away Hayate still loves Athena (which may, or may not be true) and she'll simply decide not to try confessing again.

This way she'll effectively have become like Ayumu - whilst Ayumu has remained in the "waiting for Hayate's reply" Hina will be stuck in the confession area.
If that happens, that would be quite a waste of this current date. She'd just be Ayumu #2, stuck in a limbo. Why'd Hata-sensei do that, though?
Old 2009-08-23, 16:59   Link #2136
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
If that happens, that would be quite a waste of this current date. She'd just be Ayumu #2, stuck in a limbo. Why'd Hata-sensei do that, though?
Maybe Hinagiku was never meant to be the one. I like to root for Athena (and Hinagiku) but deep down I am already prepared for neither winning
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:27   Link #2137
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Maybe Hinagiku was never meant to be the one. I like to root for Athena (and Hinagiku) but deep down I am already prepared for neither winning
Haha yeah, maybe it'll be neither. It could just end with Hayate and Nagi continuing their butler-master relationship like now, but i feel that kind of ending is too...generic i guess. After all the curveball and knuckleball Hata-sensei gave us in the later chapters, that kind of ending wouldn't do this series justice, in my opinion. I'd rather Hayate end up (whatever "end up" means) with somebody, or at least not coming back to his current status as Nagi's butler. I'm fine with Athena, Ayumu, Izumi, heck, even Nagi romantically (not Kotetsu though, that would trigger another Kannagi effect on HnG from the fanbase i predict ), just not the status quo.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:26   Link #2138
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Thanks for the spoilers, Tom!

Looks like #1 of my prediction will come true. Hayate will ask about Athena, thus stopping her from taking major damage by confessing. It's better than getting plain out rejected, or becoming like Ayumu.

Now that I think about it, perhaps I'm wrong about the whole 'safe at the moment thting'. That bastard Hayate might put it in vague terms when he answers her why he's so depressed. If she misunderstands him AGAIN now in a 1vs1 fashion (not just overhearing something), she definitely will confess.

Well, we're still missing the most important pics (the last ones). Does she misunderstand and break apart after being rejected, or does he explain in understandable terms his situation?

If it's the latter, then I wonder what will Hina tell Ayumu when they see each other again. They might all help him out with his problem, Nagi might hear and overreact, Ayumu might even tell hayate how Hina feels, mad at him that he couldn't understand how happy it made her to go out with him like that.

... Cliffhanger either way! This is torture, yet it's fun speculating the outcome.
Now you know one of many reason I want Hate-sensei die

hmm....Hayate more idiot than Yuuki Rito...what a pity some pink-flat-girl want to confess yet he didn't give even a "huh?" to her. may be so much damage he received in the past make his brain disoriented.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 22:57   Link #2139
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
hmm....Hayate more idiot than Yuuki Rito...what a pity
!!!!

Aaaaaaahhh!! Why did you remind me that TLR got canceled!?
Old 2009-08-23, 23:23   Link #2140
Used Can

Quote:
If that happens, that would be quite a waste of this current date.
If you ask me, this current date was already a waste.

Quote:
After all the curveball and knuckleball Hata-sensei gave us in the later chapters, that kind of ending wouldn't do this series justice, in my opinion. I'd rather Hayate end up (whatever "end up" means) with somebody, or at least not coming back to his current status as Nagi's butler.
I agree on this, but Hayate leaving Nagi just like that would go against the story. The only way I can see him no longer being Nagi's butler would be if Nagi no longer needs him (i.e. she matures a bit, and for no reason, she's no longer the target of criminals). All the same, I do not really see this happening.

Tags
comedy, shounen