AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-25, 18:43   Link #121
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Made by people from Key? check
Random baseball game out of nowhere? check.

I was seriously expecting for that blue hair guy to catch the ball and disappear... And was half expecting for the main character to think out "I actually like you too!! I need you!! (etc)" while running towards him, lol.
Old 2010-04-25, 18:54   Link #122
jinnous

Key likes to associate alot of their works with baseball, with Clannad, with Little Busters, and now with Angel Beats...

~ sarcasm~ and isn't it so fitting that the baseball episode of this show is the fourth one and the baseball episode of haruhi is the fourth one as well (As in the actual number and not the chronological order) ~ end sarcasm.~

Yui is not so much the show killer for me, although at times it made me wonder what she really is (NPC? non-NPC?). But i love the comedy as always, especially the part with Otonashi imitating Hinata's: "He's a real friend. It's kind of embarrassing. haha."

Do lack a fair bit of Tenshi though, but I know she will have a lot more screentime later on.
Old 2010-04-25, 19:01   Link #123
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnous View Post
Do lack a fair bit of Tenshi though, but I know she will have a lot more screentime later on.
Well Yuri also lacked screen time this episode too, except for the random parts where she got called sounding like a villain xD.
MAL
Old 2010-04-25, 20:48   Link #124
Farix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Damn, the music of both versions sync too perfectly with each other. That can't be a coincidence. Still, I like the "Angel" version better because the transitions between the characters flowed much better.
Old 2010-04-25, 21:40   Link #125
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
There's an continuity error with Shina, when the gang first find her her right hand is down.
Old 2010-04-25, 21:49   Link #126
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
There's an continuity error with Shina, when the gang first find her her right hand is down.
Hm, I can see her left hand is down, and I can't see her right.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:02   Link #127
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I did not expect Yui to be that type of character, but boy was she funny. Great episode, needed more Yuri though.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:29   Link #128
sam911

I quite liked this episode, i found it lighearted, funny and the end was kind of... unexpected. Almost anti-climatic i would say haha. Personnaly, i hope we will see more of Hinata and yui.
Old 2010-04-25, 23:18   Link #129
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm, I can see her left hand is down, and I can't see her right.
Old 2010-04-26, 02:48   Link #130
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Damn, the music of both versions sync too perfectly with each other. That can't be a coincidence. Still, I like the "Angel" version better because the transitions between the characters flowed much better.
If they decided to go that route, that would be a pretty epic OP. Anyway I very much like Yui as she helps to keep the show somewhat light hearted.
Old 2010-04-26, 03:39   Link #131
blewin

Didn't really like the humour at first, but the humour of "idiocy" finally got to me. I enjoyed the second part a lot as it painted Hinata's history well. I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't disappear.... it seems that disappearing is actually good!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-04-26, 04:46   Link #132
Deshwiran

Good episode,I'm really glad Hinata didn't disappear:i was afraid the show would turn into a "death of the week" thing so luckily that was averted for now.Also,Yui is win but boy do i hope Hinata keeps abusing her:their interactions are just too funny.
Loving the remixed OP,though animation-wise it kinda sucks...i wonder if there's going to be yet another version in the future or if they'll go back to the original Tenshi one.
Old 2010-04-26, 05:12   Link #133
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
I just noticed it's Tenshi's angelic piano vs Yuis devilish guitar. Could this be some kind of foreshadowing.
Old 2010-04-26, 06:06   Link #134
Marina2

It just me or Yui's personality is changed from how she was in Ep.3

EDIT : Yeah! That's what I mean.
V
V
Old 2010-04-26, 06:10   Link #135
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You mean like how her hyperactiveness finally bust from the background to Hinatas stomach dragging the fight all the way to the ED.
Old 2010-04-26, 11:27   Link #136
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not much to say about this episode which is probably why i didnt post earlier. Some funny parts seemed like just a light episode and the justification was because S3 couldnt launch any missions. Quite frankly i find baseball boring as hell but the humor kept me somewhat interested.

7/10

Yui was somewhat annoying but had her moments at least her singing seemed to be on par now lets see how the student body will react to her being the lead.
Old 2010-04-26, 11:39   Link #137
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
That's what I was thinking. She was totally not what I thought her to be. She complemented what's his name perfectly though, not to mention she has a great singing voice. And of course it was comical that she was calling others idiots while she is one herself.

And Tenshi's baseball outfit was great.
Old 2010-04-26, 13:34   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well they did say their biggest weakness is that all stupid. So i guess Yui fits in just fine.
Old 2010-04-26, 15:05   Link #139
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

So many missed opportunities for great punch lines. I can find better humor in Hanamaru Youchien. The last eight minutes barely saved this episode.
Old 2010-04-26, 15:18   Link #140
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
well they did say their biggest weakness is that all stupid. So i guess Yui fits in just fine.
and not even Death can cure idiocy

Tags
baseball