AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-07, 23:36   Link #21
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They're both the same with girls flocking over to them.
Old 2011-05-07, 23:37   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^If you go by that logic you could say almost every male shounen protagonist is a clone of each other.
Old 2011-05-07, 23:40   Link #23
ZeKeR
Superbad

He constantly wants to transfer to a normal school, but his environ prevents him to do so, and in his sight, theres a LOT of walking tripmines inside the school... including his partner, childhood friend, two classmates and a schoolmate.

I also come to wonder why he would use a 92F modded for burst when he can use the alternative 93R... or pick a bigger caliber gun like Fiveseven or a USP (PPK does not suit the guy, EVER) to match Shiranui's MK23
Old 2011-05-07, 23:46   Link #24
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
He constantly wants to transfer to a normal school, but his environ prevents him to do so, and in his sight, theres a LOT of walking tripmines inside the school... including his partner, childhood friend, two classmates and a schoolmate.
Well it's not just that, because he is a Butei it actually takes months for the paperwork and stuff to go through allowing him to transfer to a normal high school. In the novels he turned this during the first novel pretty early on but he still has to wait until the end of the school year.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-08, 20:37   Link #25
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kin-chan is a sexy beast.
If I was Aria, I'd so get with that immediately.
Old 2011-05-08, 23:55   Link #26
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Kin-chan is a sexy beast.
If I was Aria, I'd so get with that immediately.
but you will probably have to face cold tamagahane steel from a certain yandere miko for that.
Old 2011-05-09, 11:13   Link #27
Chiibi

Quote:
but you will probably have to face cold tamagahane steel from a certain yandere miko for that.
BRING IT ON.
I'd put that bitch in her place.

(Sorry, I just don't like Shirayuki. She annoys the f**k outta me. >_>)
Old 2011-05-09, 11:22   Link #28
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

She'd wipe the floor with you. Probably literally.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:35   Link #29
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
especially she can spam fire with that katana thats mixed with the traditional tamagahane and a special metal that allows her to spam like crazy...

I never expected it, but it seems that some girls got smitten by gigolo Kinji...

him being like that during HS is pretty reasonable... for instance, I can say even tho im a guy, is the cold truth that most gigolos and playboys are all show and no go... where Kinji can do something cool in front of the ladies and WILL make them blush...

the title "Limitless Warrior" for the guy in the novels seems fitting...
Old 2011-05-09, 18:40   Link #30
Chiibi

Quote:
FFFFFFF all ya gotta do is slip a sleeping pill into her tea and then shove her own boobs in her face until she suffocates. >D
Old 2011-05-09, 19:11   Link #31
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Yeah. Literally.

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-09, 21:40   Link #32
Trollkastel

He looks a bit like Ryuuji from Toradora at times, but that may just be my imagination. They do have the same voice actor though, and Aria shares a voice with Taiga.
Old 2011-05-12, 22:54   Link #33
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

I also come to wonder why he would use a 92F modded for burst when he can use the alternative 93R... or pick a bigger caliber gun like Fiveseven or a USP (PPK does not suit the guy, EVER) to match Shiranui's MK23
The Five-seveN actually has a smaller caliber - 5.7mm - versus the Beretta, which is a 9mm. There's been some debate on whether 5.7mm is practical for a pistol: it works in the P90 PDW because it's essentially a rifle round cut down to pistol size and mounted in a 50-round magazine for an automatic weapon with high ROF, but it goes against the Modern Technique to be mounted in a pistol. On the other hand, 20 rounds isn't something to laugh at.

(Fun fact: the Modern Technique specifies not .45ACP, but the highest caliber the user can handle, which could be a 9mm if the user can't comfortably use .45 ACP.)

As for modding the 92FS, my guess is he couldn't find a 93R -that model's fairly rare, no?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-13, 01:26   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Too bad that's the case. Kinji definitely has a lot of stress with that yandere girl ready to snap at a moment's notice.
Old 2011-05-13, 04:30   Link #35
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The Five-seveN actually has a smaller caliber - 5.7mm - versus the Beretta, which is a 9mm. There's been some debate on whether 5.7mm is practical for a pistol: it works in the P90 PDW because it's essentially a rifle round cut down to pistol size and mounted in a 50-round magazine for an automatic weapon with high ROF, but it goes against the Modern Technique to be mounted in a pistol. On the other hand, 20 rounds isn't something to laugh at.

(Fun fact: the Modern Technique specifies not .45ACP, but the highest caliber the user can handle, which could be a 9mm if the user can't comfortably use .45 ACP.)

As for modding the 92FS, my guess is he couldn't find a 93R -that model's fairly rare, no?
thats why im really curious as to why he didnt just go outright and select a 93R instead of spending shitloads of wad for a burst setting. the 92FS and 93R have the same magazine slot too.

5.7 is noted to be an excellent kevlar hater, especially paired up with the P90.

9mm is all you need against unarmored gunmen.. some people hate the .45ACP because its a bit heavy, has a LOT of excess stopping power, and it makes moar recoil. its also a common round the students use in Butei.
Old 2011-05-13, 08:56   Link #36
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
thats why im really curious as to why he didnt just go outright and select a 93R instead of spending shitloads of wad for a burst setting. the 92FS and 93R have the same magazine slot too.

5.7 is noted to be an excellent kevlar hater, especially paired up with the P90.

9mm is all you need against unarmored gunmen.. some people hate the .45ACP because its a bit heavy, has a LOT of excess stopping power, and it makes moar recoil. its also a common round the students use in Butei.
Well, again, I'm pretty sure it was easier to mod a 92FS then find a 93R, since that gun's quite rare now.

Really the point with the P90 is it's a platform that delivers rifle-equivalent firepower with the portability rate of fire of an SMG and increased ammo storage, and is able to penetrate body armor.

As for 9mm vs .45 ACP, it really boils down to personal preference. The Modern Technique strongly recommends .45 ACP since it's a larger round and does more damage, and on the maintenance side, since .45 ACP fires at lower pressures compared to other rounds, there's less wear and tear on the barrel. Also, since it's inherently subsonic, adding a suppressor to your weapon does not affect performance overmuch, in comparison to other calibers.

As I mentioned though, regards cost, .45 costs more than 9mm and since 9x19mm Parabellum is found all over the world, that'd be a perfectly adequate choice for police work, which is what Butei does.

Interestingly, I note that the three cannon fodder Butei who try to take down the car in Episode 3 are using SIG P232s, which are the issue sidearms for Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department detectives. Interestingly, according to sources the P232s that Japan uses are chambered for .380 ACP.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-13, 09:39   Link #37
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Well, again, I'm pretty sure it was easier to mod a 92FS then find a 93R, since that gun's quite rare now.

Really the point with the P90 is it's a platform that delivers rifle-equivalent firepower with the portability rate of fire of an SMG and increased ammo storage, and is able to penetrate body armor.

As for 9mm vs .45 ACP, it really boils down to personal preference. The Modern Technique strongly recommends .45 ACP since it's a larger round and does more damage, and on the maintenance side, since .45 ACP fires at lower pressures compared to other rounds, there's less wear and tear on the barrel. Also, since it's inherently subsonic, adding a suppressor to your weapon does not affect performance overmuch, in comparison to other calibers.

As I mentioned though, regards cost, .45 costs more than 9mm and since 9x19mm Parabellum is found all over the world, that'd be a perfectly adequate choice for police work, which is what Butei does.

Interestingly, I note that the three cannon fodder Butei who try to take down the car in Episode 3 are using SIG P232s, which are the issue sidearms for Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department detectives. Interestingly, according to sources the P232s that Japan uses are chambered for .380 ACP.
Kinji? with a SiG? NO. doesnt suit him and his combat needs.

well now I know Aria likes the M1911 besides the damage it will bring.

he doesnt have the ability of quickdrawing so revolvers noted for quickdraw liek the peacemaker cant be his best friend.

I thought some still have the 93R... too bad Pietro Beretta cancelled it...
Old 2011-05-13, 09:49   Link #38
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, it depends - see he's using a full sized service pistol; apart from the subcompact Walther PPK lookalike, SIG also makes the P226, aka the M11 in SEAL usage, which is a highly reliable and accurate service pistol (it's also the carry weapon of NCIS). That said, he does rely on burst fire and full auto in his combat style.

But at the end of the day, choices of carry weapon fall down to 1) personal preference and 2) organizational decisions.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-13, 10:23   Link #39
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Well, it depends - see he's using a full sized service pistol; apart from the subcompact Walther PPK lookalike, SIG also makes the P226, aka the M11 in SEAL usage, which is a highly reliable and accurate service pistol (it's also the carry weapon of NCIS). That said, he does rely on burst fire and full auto in his combat style.

But at the end of the day, choices of carry weapon fall down to 1) personal preference and 2) organizational decisions.
ish... da TRUTH.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:44   Link #40
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Pretty much. Likely for the cannon fodder guys they got the same gun as Tokyo MPD detectives to strengthen the perceived connection to police work between them and the audience, while the named charecters get the cool guns.

Incidentally, Shiranui uses a Mk. 23; from what I've heard, while it was designed for SOCOM it's hardly been used in the field, and the SEALs use the M11 / SIG P226 more often in the field. Certainly it's not as concealable as a 92FS or a P226...

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread

Tags
characters