AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 01:21   Link #1641
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

nice way of adapting the guresome scenes, not making them too graphic, yet you also know hwat happened they also reduced costs with that, and they need budget for the awesomeness to come.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:46   Link #1642
TheRiverStyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
nice way of adapting the guresome scenes, not making them too graphic, yet you also know hwat happened they also reduced costs with that, and they need budget for the awesomeness to come.
Yeah, I'm a little astonished at how violent this episode turned out to be. I know they said they were increasing the level of violence for this arc but I didn't expect them to keep to their word. Color me pleasantly surprised, though!

On animation, I noticed that too. They took a lot of shortcuts here, and I'd like to imagine they're saving their budget up for a particular fight that shouldn't be too far ahead.
TheRiverStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:58   Link #1643
Vicious108

Man, I could watch a whole episode of the Phantom Troupe snarkily and nonchalantly going about its sinister business... and I basically just did, so, needless to say, very entertaining episode.

On a side note and to elaborate on something I'd said previously, Baise and the other bodyguard biting the dust here is the reason why their filler introductions and scenes annoyed me. They were never going to be important characters, so there was no need to dwell on them that much. But oh well, this episode was finally padding-free and obviously it was all the better for it.

Also, when I mentioned people should wait until we see an experienced Enhancer in action before judging as a handicapped Nen category of sorts, I can now mention that it was Uvogin I had in mind. His actions and badassery here speak for themselves. And thank god for the much needed reduced censorship. Hopefully it's here to stay.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:39   Link #1644
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Them getting a bit of spotlight was obviously meant to make their deaths more surprising.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:16   Link #1645
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Man only a couple episodes to one of my favorite moments in all oh Hunter x Hunter.

Anyways, phantom troupe on full display, what more to be said? Good episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:17   Link #1646
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Them getting a bit of spotlight was obviously meant to make their deaths more surprising.
Or, you know, it was just so they could artificially extend the episode with superfluous scenes in order to achieve the desired length.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 07:20   Link #1647
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Yes. As Endless says Uvogin is a great example of how enhancement does not limit you to close quarters combat. Enhancement doesn't just mean muscles are stronger and skin is tougher it is limitless based on your personal style and imagination of what to enhance. Think of anything you could use in a fight and then think of making it stronger and what you could do with it.

That's why kurapica was so desperately wanting to fall into the enhancement class.
Old 2012-08-12, 07:24   Link #1648
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What a pleasant surprise this episode turned out to be. Censorship went *poof*, eliminating one of my bigger pet peeves.

Hell, the 1999 version was a ton more censored compared to this.

Pleasant surprise indeed.

Also, someone is enjoying his job.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Look at that face of barely contained glee. Like a kid who's been told to calm down while at the entrance of an amusement park.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-08-12 at 07:42.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 07:42   Link #1649
Marower

Great episode! But the animation, or lack of, left a bit of a sour taste. The episode didn't make as much of an impact as it should have because of it.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:54   Link #1650
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

That was so much better than I ever expected this episode to be. 10/10. Uvogin is beastly! His expressions are wild; he acted as though he'd been raised among bears. The acting was fantastic as well...such a tribute to classic Shonen manga. I got Dragon Ball vibes.

"Ha! None of you will escape!"
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:03   Link #1651
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Ugh! Woah!

Hunter x Hunter went from a cool story that I'd love to show my boys to an ultra violent murder-fest in the span of one episode! That was some great TV right there. I completely enjoyed it, though, I am sad to see some old friends enter the great beyond. *mourn*

This arc is what makes HxH one of the great series of all time. And, very soon Kurapika is going to find out who he is looking at, and then the beast is going to be unleashed.

99999/10: This episode shows you why HxH is the best of the best... and this is seriously only the beginning.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:42   Link #1652
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Or, you know, it was just so they could artificially extend the episode with superfluous scenes in order to achieve the desired length.
Seriously? You don't think those deaths had more dramatic impact because they actually gave the characters a decent introduction?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:51   Link #1653
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 43-

Spoiler for Part 1:

Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 12:22   Link #1654
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What's with the shirt in tact anyways? Uvo's looks more manly w/o it...

That was my biggest disappoint ^

Thought the anime wasn't strongly censore, but with the manga comparison, I take that back lol
Old 2012-08-12, 12:28   Link #1655
Clarste
Human

It's pretty obvious why they're keeping his shirt intact. It's so they can explain why no one immediately notices his spider tattoo. Come to think of it, this is actually a minor plothole in the manga.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:42   Link #1656
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's pretty obvious why they're keeping his shirt intact. It's so they can explain why no one immediately notices his spider tattoo. Come to think of it, this is actually a minor plothole in the manga.
Agreed. Some times - rarely - changes are made for the better. This is one of those times.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 14:20   Link #1657
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

What a great episode this one was.

I have been a long time fan of this anime series. I even fought with the moderators years ago to grand this show its own forum, but alas, it seems that this series isn't very popular, which is a sad thing.
Old 2012-08-12, 17:25   Link #1658
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
What a great episode this one was.

I have been a long time fan of this anime series. I even fought with the moderators years ago to grand this show its own forum, but alas, it seems that this series isn't very popular, which is a sad thing.
As long as I get to watch it weekly, I don't care how many responses are in the forum. Loving those comparisons too by the way. Keep up the good work, guys and gals.
Old 2012-08-12, 18:45   Link #1659
waterdragon1793

I have been following this forum for the past few days because I like the HxH discussions, and Shinobi's comparisons (since I never read the manga it's nice to see those things), and HxH is my favorite anime ever, and I only decided to register and join just now. This is the first time I joined a forum, this is great! Haha.

The Phantom Troupe are the greatest characters in the series. I've always loved them since the 1999 version. I loved this episode because of the action and all, but I felt like the first part was too sudden. Did anyone else feel the same way? I kinda liked how the 1999 anime built up the action, like those references to Neon's prophecies and the other Phantom Troupe's disguise. I'm also wondering why they didn't look for Tocino and Baise anymore.
waterdragon1793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:17   Link #1660
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post

Blinky. Another name change by Viz and got carried here. The original name for the vacuum cleaner is Deme-chan. 出目-でめ-Deme means "Pop Eyed" and it's a type of Gold Fish (demekin to be exact) and we can see that on its design. (The googly eyes and the fish tail). So, Blinky isn't that incorrect, but it's still not an accurate localization of the name. But then again I don't know if they could use "Popeye".

Shizuku says "Deme-chan", it just gets translated by Horriblesubs- this has nothing to do with 2012 version, everything to do with the translators.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen