AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-08, 16:29   Link #61
Sogoro
Desu

I think people are forgetting Kakazu went into long range mode. Which would explain why he couldn't defend against Naruto and his clones coming in from behind.

Typically if a close combat fighter gets into close combat range against a long range fighter , the long range fighter is not going to fair well in close combat.

Naruto was able to pull this off because
1. RasenShruiken is close combat.
2. Kakazu went into long range
3. Naruto was able to use a feign kage bunshin to be able to get into close range to attack.

Its like in Halo when a person has the Sniper Rifle...if you run in with a shotgun the Sniper doesn't stand a chance if he doesn't pull out his pistol in time. Its not easy to use a long range weapon in close combat fighting.

Lets say I have a 30 foot chain with a sickle on the end... I start swinging it around to keep my enemy at bay. All of a sudden my enemy makes a dash in the split second the sickle is not aimed. If u get within at least 25 feet of a person who's swinging something with a range of 30 feet you can stop them from attacking.

Since Kakazu was in long range theres no way his tentacles or w/e they are could retract them from their distance to defend. The time it takes is far greater than the time it takes Naruto to move in to attack.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-08 at 19:20. Reason: Don't double post
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:53   Link #62
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
...before Naruto arrived fresh and energized.
Correction... Naruto looked beat up, Kakuzu said so himself.

This is kinda out of topic...
Spoiler:

Last edited by chuckcsf; 2007-02-08 at 17:50.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:47   Link #63
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Only if the jutsus are of the same strength does this hold true. Sasuke might be good at fire but his main element is lightning (pretty cool combo BTW). With Naruto's new jutsu i think its safe to say any flame Sasuke uses will backfire (pun!).
Wrong Sasuke's main element is fire, thats what Kakashi told Naruto. And this is why Kakashi's raikiri is stronger than sasuke's chidori. I'm sure by now sasuke must've learnt new fire techniques, he's with orochimaru afterall.
Old 2007-02-08, 18:54   Link #64
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
Wrong Sasuke's main element is fire, thats what Kakashi told Naruto. And this is why Kakashi's raikiri is stronger than sasuke's chidori. I'm sure by now sasuke must've learnt new fire techniques, he's with orochimaru afterall.
Doesn't matter what Sauske's main element is. All that matters is how good the ninja is in manipulating that element. Anyways, if it's Sauske's fire element vs Naruto's fart, then yeah, Sauske will win. But Naruto's jutsu is not just element manipulation but also the ultimate form (or shape, I forgot what they call it) manipulation
Old 2007-02-08, 19:03   Link #65
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
Considering all of Sasuke's new moves have been variations of chidori, and the fact that Chidori is his main kill move I found your quote hard to believe.

So he's just been using an element that he is subpar in as his go to jutsu?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:06   Link #66
chuckcsf

Quote:
Considering all of Sasuke's new moves have been variations of chidori, and the fact that Chidori is his main kill move I found your quote hard to believe.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the pictures of Naruto as god of wind and Sauske as god of lightning. and it says it too on the top of the very first page.
Old 2007-02-08, 19:08   Link #67
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Finally Naruto killed someone, it is about damn time.
Old 2007-02-08, 19:28   Link #68
Yogi

If Naruto's new Rasengan move has such a high area of effect, he doesn't even need to get too close. Just detonating the move next to the enemy should work, he doesn't need to actually strike the opponent with it.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:33   Link #69
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:

Except Sharingan Genjutsu, unknown AOE explosive jutsu, and suppression Kyubi blahblah?
While the colored pages with Sasuke and Naruto as Rajin and Fuujin show beyond a doubt now that Sasuke's affinity is Lightning I think it's more than obvious that Sasuke's Flame will clash with Naruto's Wind in the future.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:54   Link #70
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Here is the funny part...

The jutsu is only @ 50%

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 20:04   Link #71
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Except Sharingan Genjutsu, unknown AOE explosive jutsu, and suppression Kyubi blahblah?
We have yet to see Sasuke use any genjutsu at all, or show an aptitude/inclination for it. "Suppressing" Kybuui would not be that much of a problem in a rematch since Naruto isn't relying on Kybuui now (well lets hope so). If i had to guess his AoE attack would be thunder related anyway, though i really have no proof of it (since it hasn't happened yet).
Old 2007-02-08, 20:24   Link #72
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
We have yet to see Sasuke use any genjutsu at all, or show an aptitude/inclination for it.
Studying under Orochimaru's guidance, carrying Sharingan, the eventual clash with a superior genjutsu user, and using Sharingan at a level that would allow him to easily enter Naruto's mind, show beyond a doubt that he is bound to become a very good genjutsu user, and has the required talent for that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 20:53   Link #73
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

This chapter was a snorefest.

Kakuzu's combat IQ drops by several points and Naruto unleashes a flashy jutsu with no real substance.

The fight feels like it is dragging and I hope they cut to the choice.

Obviously Kakuzu is not dead, he can only lose one heart at a time and now has two left.

I get the feeling that this battle is going to be interrupted in some way before either Akatsuki bites the dust, whether they survive the fight or not.
Old 2007-02-08, 21:09   Link #74
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
Kakuzu's combat IQ drops by several points and Naruto unleashes a flashy jutsu with no real substance.
Isn't this usually the case when Itachi, Sasuke, and some others win while the others lose? Sasuke suddenly starts entering Naruto's mind to have a chat with Kyuubi, suddenly the others become as if their IQ's have dropped, and suddenly all hail Sasuke screams are everywhere. Sorry, no surprise at all.

Quote:
...he can only lose one heart at a time and now has two left.
He can lose hearts consecutively as long as the damage to him continues for a long time, rather than a brief moment of damage done by Raikiri. So, again, it won't be surprising at all, if he loses all of them (although I believe two is the most probable number here).
Old 2007-02-08, 21:45   Link #75
ninetailfox
Banned

What an amazing chapter!!! Naruto is soo cool and awesome! rasenshuriken 50% is wayyyy too strong for kakuzu. l bet hes a dead meat now, or should i say dead tentakels?hehe. i also note that the jutsu naruto did the rasenshuriken is only 50% but the destructive power is 100 time bigger than the raikiri.

i guess this is what kakashi said before about surpassing him. i mean naruto has already surpasing him far away with this jutsu in terms of dectructive power, but naruto needs to improve his speed and brain also!!
ninetailfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 22:48   Link #76
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Studying under Orochimaru's guidance, carrying Sharingan, the eventual clash with a superior genjutsu user, and using Sharingan at a level that would allow him to easily enter Naruto's mind, show beyond a doubt that he is bound to become a very good genjutsu user, and has the required talent for that.
I agree.
-Sharingan is great for genjitsu as we've seen already
-Itachi uses genjitsu and Sasuke wants to kill him
-Sasuke able to supress Kyuubi, supposedly the strongest of Jinchuriki
So yes Sasuke will be a genjitsu user.

Lets see...
-Taijitsu user
-Great with regular jutsus and has an aptitude for fire and lightning
-good with his sword too
-genjitsu
-sharingan, copying, movement prediction, eye related jutsus
-cursed seal buffs
-drugs (mentioned by Sakura)- perhaps the narutoverse's version of roids. Tho I think its just to make him grow faster cus Oro wants a grown body.

Definately well rounded thats for sure. Naruto cant match that balance. So maybe thats why Kish is going the overpowering route. Tho he should add more wind based stuff.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 22:59   Link #77
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post

Obviously Kakuzu is not dead, he can only lose one heart at a time and now has two left.
-Actually what Kakuzu did was probably the most logical game plan when faced with a close-range combatant like Naruto. He knew he would try to distract him again so he went for a quick and easy finish thus eliminating the biggest threat. However, Kakuzu had 2 major faults at that point:

1) He got too greedy since he was the one that went on the attack. Typically a long range combatant waits wor the enemy's movement and then stops it before they reach them but he instead went after him.

2) He underestimated Naruto completely which makes sense considering he had absolutely no information on how he fights. He though he had him figured out after his failed attempt and it cost him at least 2 lives.

-And ShurikenJay Kakuzu lost both his Katon and Fuuton hearts thanks to Naruto's jutsu. The reason for this is because you can clearly see the Lion mask get crushed (it's teeth are a dead giveaway) but if you look closely you'll se that the Eagle mask is crushed as well but it's front is turned.
Old 2007-02-08, 23:14   Link #78
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
I agree.
-Sharingan is great for genjitsu as we've seen already
-Itachi uses genjitsu and Sasuke wants to kill him
-Sasuke able to supress Kyuubi, supposedly the strongest of Jinchuriki
So yes Sasuke will be a genjitsu user.
While that would make sense for all the reasons you gave but Sasuke hasn't shown to use any genjutsu at all, ever. Suppressing Kyuubi is not an illusion, it really did happen. It more on the lines of telepathy, or excorism.

When Yamato suppresses Kybuui do you say it was genjutsu? No, because he really did, it not an illusion.

I'm not saying that Sasuke doesn't have any genjutsus up his sleeve but just that there is no hard evidence that he can. All he has done is break out of Oro's trance which doesn't mean anything. Saying that he is a master genjutsu user when he has shown no ability (but potential) is getting ahead of yourself.
Old 2007-02-08, 23:16   Link #79
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-And ShurikenJay Kakuzu lost both his Katon and Fuuton hearts thanks to Naruto's jutsu. The reason for this is because you can clearly see the Lion mask get crushed (it's teeth are a dead giveaway) but if you look closely you'll se that the Eagle mask is crushed as well but it's front is turned.
Good find, I didn't pay attention to the details of the second piece, assuming it is a part of one of the masks. So, now, the question is did Kakuzu's original heart have the durability to survive that attack?

Quote:
...but Sasuke hasn't shown to use any genjutsu at all, ever. Suppressing Kyuubi is not an illusion, it really did happen...Saying that he is a master genjutsu user when he has shown no ability (but potential) is getting ahead of yourself.
What Sasuke did shows how much he is in control of Sharingan, in the current time. In control of the eye, which is mostly known for two things, the first one is something Sasuke mastered long time ago, and the other one is genjutsu. There is the third one, but he is not there yet. And, guess, what he did is close to which part?
Old 2007-02-08, 23:31   Link #80
ninetailfox
Banned

i just wondered, what the next arc will be, this hidan-kakuzu arc is over, so we will be introduced to a new arc soon.

my guess is : RESCUE SASUKE ARC, that would be GOOD, we all waiting for this, anyone?
ninetailfox is offline   Reply With Quote