AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-23, 07:28   Link #1
NeoSam

Zombie-Loan

ゾンビローン
ZOMBIE-LOAN

Based on a shounen(boy's) manga.

Broadcast: 2007

Official anime site:
http://www.zombie-loan.com/

Based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine GFantasy.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this manga.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Peach-Pit

Peach-Pit's site for Zombie-Loan manga:
http://p-pit.net/zombie/index.html

GFantasy's site for Zombie-Loan manga:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazin.../story/zombie/

From ANN:

Quote:
When a human is marked to die, a faint gray line that is invisible to most appears around their neck. As time passes, that ring becomes darker and darker, until it is eventually black, and that person dies. Kita Michiru has an unusual gift, she posses "Shinigami eyes," which allow her to see these rings. When Michiru notices that two of the boys in her Class, Akatsuki Chika and Tachibana Shito not only have rings, but that they're jet black, they reveal to her that the were supposed to die in a tragic accident six months ago. With the help of the Zombie Loan loan office, they were given a second chance at life, should they be able to pay for their debt by doing the work of Shinigami and killing malicious zombies. They petition Michiru to assist them in their efforts, and she finds her everyday life changing dramatically.
Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Action

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-07-07 at 12:32.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:43   Link #2
ZODDGUTS

Looks good to me. Plus it's also Peach-Pit work.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 14:43   Link #3
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Is it just me or does the synopsis sound similar to Shakugan no Shana's? I think the idea of a ring being around their neck sounds slightly scarier than the torch thing, though.

Apart from that, it sounds similar to hundreds of other series out there, but as long as the execution's good, it's not as bad. I guess the fact that the story was created by Peach Pit will draw people to this. I expect "fanboy behaviour" to surround this *Looks at fourth cover of the manga*
Old 2007-03-24, 00:06   Link #4
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, it's got something for the girls to.
Old 2007-03-24, 11:13   Link #5
Akiha-tan

good news to me ^^ i'm currently have the 5 and 6 series but haven't read it >_<

i'm just wanna know if the seiyuu still same with the drama cd ^^a Kuwashima Houko, Kawakami Tomoko, Kikuko, Suzumura Kenichi, Sakurai Takahiro
Akiha-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 01:58   Link #6
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to digiboy123
/me revives an older topic. *.*;;

This series looks awesome. If anyone knows me, I love zombie movies, so this looks like it's gonna be a good show to watch.

"killing malicious zombies." >w<;; It makes me want to watch it now~
digiboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 07:49   Link #7
GriS

Somewhat, I noticed Kita Michiru resembles Miyuku (Lucky Star) in appearance, they both wear glasses But, then I suppose there are quite numbers of similar character design in other show, which mean zero originality in looks
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 08:05   Link #8
orion

She's a bishoujo/moe type and those guys are bishonen types. This is going to pull in the male and female audience big time imo.

No new trailer yet, huh?
Old 2007-06-18, 21:24   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiha-tan View Post
...i'm just wanna know if the seiyuu still same with the drama cd ^^a Kuwashima Houko, Kawakami Tomoko, Kikuko, Suzumura Kenichi, Sakurai Takahiro
All those except Inoue Kikuko and Kawakami Tomoko are supposed to be in the cast. Here's the ANN page, which includes lots of other good names: Morikawa Toshiyuki, Saitou Chiwa, Ueda Kana, Suwabe Junichi, Gotou Saori.

Besides Kuwashima-san, I'll be checking this show out because it is directed by Nishimori Akira, who directed both Hitohira and PetoPeto-san, both of which I liked a lot. The lead writer, Tomioka Atsuhiro, did Pumpkin Scissors and Trinity Blood, neither of which I know very well. I'm not much for monsters, so we'll see. I do think the director has a skillful hand, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 05:18   Link #10
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

the three main characters reminds me of the trio in both samurai champloo and fruits basket lol^^
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 17:51   Link #11
the_firefly

A short preview:

http://www.zombie-loan.com/blogparts.html
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 13:58   Link #12
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Wow. I didn't think this was ever going to be animated. Peach-Pit has a strange choice in genre.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 14:02   Link #13
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

From the trailer, I don't like the animation too well. I need to see more to judge whether I like it or not though. Otherwise, the premise seems interesting. I'll look forward to it.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 19:35   Link #14
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
From the trailer, I don't like the animation too well. I need to see more to judge whether I like it or not though. Otherwise, the premise seems interesting. I'll look forward to it.
I thought the animation looked fine >.> actually.

I'm looking forward to this show, looks quite interesting and i like peach-pit ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 22:50   Link #15
crystar
*yawns*

Looks fairly interesting. Will definitely be looking forward to seeing this.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 23:28   Link #16
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

This is on my too-watch list so Im hoping itll be good. Animation looks ok to me so looking forward to it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 21:28   Link #17
Monkey D. Luffy

Yeah its Peach Pit so i'll have to watch this.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 14:39   Link #18
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 22:15   Link #19
orion

I loved ep. 1. The OP has a good beat to it imo.

I hope that a group picks this one up.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:07   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Zombies? Definitely not my thing, but...
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, peach-pit, shounen