AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 35.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-22, 16:29   Link #81
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Surprised the Chief outright changed the the dominator in front of everyone like that. Gino may not have the detective instinct, but he better put 2 and 2 together and find out that the chief is real fishy. Though Akane was awesome as she shot Kogami in paralyzer mode. Interesting that Kogami had to use Makishima's tool to get out from under the Chief's nose.
It wasn't just Gino. It was infront of a bunch of Enforcers/Inspectors. And now they're sending these people out to go and retrieve Makishima.
Old 2013-02-22, 16:48   Link #82
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

for animation bad ... I think it will fix it all in Bluray version ...

brief brief....The animation was pretty bad (Masaoka face for example), and yes Yayoi ... by moment have really seen and as you say the only thing she said is that she will try to eat ... and Luckily compared Shion had a lot of screentime.

Speaking of his sentence Shion "farewell" was pretty funny with Kougami and someone here had said that he thought Shion was a lesbian ... honestly imagine that a lesbian may be that this sentence was just to lighten the mood before the start of Kougami. Shion is a character "sexy (appearance and sentences)" after Shion if she said "seriously" then it is probably Bisexual

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-02-22 at 17:13.
Old 2013-02-22, 18:02   Link #83
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Way to take initiative, Akane. GO HAM

and yeah, the animation was obviously bad. At least the director apologized on twitter.
Old 2013-02-22, 20:26   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You didn't notice when Ko was having a drink with the old man he had his suit coat on, then off, on then off?
Nope, not at all.
Old 2013-02-22, 22:12   Link #85
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Akane I love you very much!! <3
and I did notice the animation quality, except:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You didn't notice when Ko was having a drink with the old man he had his suit coat on, then off, on then off?
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
just made a relations chart of the main characters, this is looking like a drama/romance.. -.-
Spoiler for relations chart:

kougami seems to get lots of love, except from sibyl
I'm laughing like crazy. Nice comments
Old 2013-02-23, 00:21   Link #86
MC117

I wonder if they will find out about the old woman and kill her or something or will it end with kogami killing makishima and the sibyl system will not disappear?
Old 2013-02-23, 01:34   Link #87
Kakkou
Tch.

It's as if the more they keep touching up the OP sequence to make it look better the worse the visual quality of the actual episodes get.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:00   Link #88
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
I wonder if they will find out about the old woman and kill her or something or will it end with kogami killing makishima and the sibyl system will not disappear?
The boss lady can't be killed permantly without taking down the entire Sibyl.

The Sibyl system will disappear one way or another. It is unstable and has no oversight. Even if it kills everyone in the show, the system will still fall one day.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:31   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Surprised the Chief outright changed the the dominator in front of everyone like that. Gino may not have the detective instinct, but he better put 2 and 2 together and find out that the chief is real fishy. Though Akane was awesome as she shot Kogami in paralyzer mode. Interesting that Kogami had to use Makishima's tool to get out from under the Chief's nose.
Yeah. Just after he pointed out Sibyl was tamper-proof by any human intervention, it's weird that nobody reacted.
Old 2013-02-23, 08:07   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think Gino already KNOWS that the chief is fishy. His hands are tied, however.
Old 2013-02-23, 08:11   Link #91
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think Gino already KNOWS that the chief is fishy. His hands are tied, however.
The fact is, since Sibyl is meant to be infallible, there is basically no legal recourse for them to file a complaint; it's not that they can't see something fishy, it's that there is literally nothing they could do about it that doesn't involve "armed revolution".

This is why there are multiple branches of government in real life. If you suspect one branch of wrongdoing you can go to one of the other branches to make your case.
Old 2013-02-23, 13:51   Link #92
BoyTitan

Death flag for kogami unless akane takes him out to save him,or will she kill him herself,or will Maki rofl stomp him again.

For a plot build up episode not to excited for the next episode but this series has a way of making me eat my words so I will just wait and see what happens.
Old 2013-02-23, 14:07   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Death flag for kogami unless akane takes him out to save him,or will she kill him herself,or will Maki rofl stomp him again.
Or Makishima will go 'Kougami, you've come over to my" *BANG*.
Old 2013-02-23, 14:44   Link #94
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The fact is, since Sibyl is meant to be infallible, there is basically no legal recourse for them to file a complaint; it's not that they can't see something fishy, it's that there is literally nothing they could do about it that doesn't involve "armed revolution".
Not necessarily. Sibyl is reliant upon the inspectors and enforcers to implement its will -- if they collectively decide not to do it, what's Sibyl going to do? Have a bunch of Chiefs running around as enforcers and hope that nobody notices? Hire a bunch of replacements? We know there are only a few dozen inspectors and enforcers in all Tokyo, and at least two sections are getting suspicious of what's going on, so it's not impossible that they could band together in an "unarmed revolution."
Old 2013-02-23, 17:10   Link #95
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Chief realized this act of rebellion meant there was no need to keep up pretenses of being a fair system, and doing what she did, was a rather forcefully blunt way to see who, out of her detectives/enforcers, would be able to live with the (partial) truth, and who might need to be purged.

You can be sure Akane is on the "list" now.
Also, cake.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:14   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm pretty sure the Chief realized this act of rebellion meant there was no need to keep up pretenses of being a fair system, and doing what she did, was a rather forcefully blunt way to see who, out of her detectives/enforcers, would be able to live with the (partial) truth, and who might need to be purged.
They already knew the system was unfair. It was never about that. It was about the system being independent of human will. She just showed it wasn't. She just showed that, as they'd suspected but couldn't believe, it is possible for a human to order a dominator to change its setting to Destroy Decomposer.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:26   Link #97
'Pryde
I am better than you

You know what i never understood, why do detectives wear suits? I imagine it would be hard to move around in. I mean just look at what Akane wears while she is chasing criminals...Doesn't seem practical.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:30   Link #98
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
You know what i never understood, why do detectives wear suits? I imagine it would be hard to move around in. I mean just look at what Akane wears while she is chasing criminals...Doesn't seem practical.
This class is for their work after a skirt that is convenient for running is that the heels are not practical.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:51   Link #99
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They already knew the system was unfair. It was never about that. It was about the system being independent of human will. She just showed it wasn't. She just showed that, as they'd suspected but couldn't believe, it is possible for a human to order a dominator to change its setting to Destroy Decomposer.
I guess I'm not being clear. Their undermining her will showed they had lost faith in the system, because if you had faith in the system, you'd just have faith that there's a good purpose to what you're being told to do, so again, this was her very direct way of seeing who could live with the partial truth that the system wasn't in fact all about law and justice and peace. At some point, in a game between two sides, you have to realize when a strategy is lost, and make a forceful correction in the open, rather than allow it to continue to fester, and the Chief did just that, without pushing so far that the weaker-willed would feel they have no choice but to push back.

Notice none of them, despite knowing this is all wrong and fishy, stopped her. Except Akane. It almost worked.

If I was Akane, or rather, if I was the rest of the squad, I'd be very, very, VERY, protective of her right now.

Knowledge alone isn't particularly dangerous. It's the people who act on it that are. And, the Chief's demonstration made it very clear who among the detectives/enforcers would be capable of causing real trouble. It's easy to talk and scurry around in the shadows. It's a far rarer person who's willing to do something in the open.

Where the Chief screwed up was not immediately implementing a method to also sequester Akane in some way, though it's possible, for plot purposes, we're supposed to believe the Chief now only has suspicions towards Akane, and hasn't necessarily completely thrown Akane into the "dangerous" bin (which, to be fair, considering her actions towards pretty much everything, wouldn't be out of character). ie: The Chief will conveniently be too slow to act on Akane, which will allow Akane to fulfill her role as the heroine of this show.

As for the question regarding suits, I suspect millions-possibly billions-of people would like to know the answer to what their purpose is, as the seemingly puritan rationale of suits serving as a professional piece of attire to keep our minds focused on work, and not personal things/sex appeal/etc is out of date by several decades. Though, I admit, it's not even the suit that bugs me. It's the tie.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-02-23 at 18:05.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:17   Link #100
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I can see the ending now...

Kogami and Makishima get together and take out the system and they have a final show down after the big boss is defeated.

Time skip, Makishima escape, Kogami back to be a detective and continue to track Makishima down
Closed Thread