AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 08:04   Link #2281
Ramen00

Shidou was adopted on to the Itsuka family so her real family name should've been Takamiya, since Mana's family name is Takamiya.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:12   Link #2282
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
Shidou was adopted on to the Itsuka family so her real family name should've been Takamiya, since Mana's family name is Takamiya.
Since both of them have no memory before their separation. I doubt that they were both false identity. Furthermore who made them separate in the first place.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:52   Link #2283
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The DEM owner guy also called Shidou by Takamiya by mistake before he escape in a hurry with Ellen, so I think that is his real family name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Ok everyone check BT there's something at the bottom called "Date A Akihabara" what is that? And there's some more short stories coming too
Those are very short stories about a date with one of the girls to Akihabara. Kurumi's is one where she appeared out of no where and took Shidou to a cosplay store where she tried on various cosplays and made Shidou try one on at the end.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:57   Link #2284
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The DEM owner guy also called Shidou by Takamiya by mistake before he escape in a hurry with Ellen, so I think that is his real family name.

Those are very short stories about a date with one of the girls to Akihabara. Kurumi's is one where she appeared out of no where and took Shidou to a cosplay store where she tried on various cosplays and made Shidou try one on at the end.
Does that include cross-dressing?.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 09:31   Link #2285
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Yeah its a nekomimi (cat ear) gothic dress (think oreimo Kuroneko).
Old 2013-04-15, 10:23   Link #2286
Ultragunner

NOOOO!! I want to read it so bad!! more of Kurumi and Shiori
Old 2013-04-15, 11:30   Link #2287
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler:

Even though its short this took longer than I expected (a good half an hour ). As usual quality is questionable as best since it was rushed through.
Old 2013-04-15, 11:49   Link #2288
Ultragunner

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I salute yo you!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-04-15, 13:14   Link #2289
holybell84

Kurumi has just level up her awesomeness lol.

Where do u find the date a akihabara, as in where was it published?
Old 2013-04-15, 14:18   Link #2290
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I read somewhere they are on the back of special folders given out during a DAL event in Akihabara.

Kotori's story is about going to a DAL-parody event, which I find to be rather ironic.

//
This is something I read elsewhere and agree upon.

On Origami.
She is a tragic character.

She is willing to sacrifice a lot for Shidou, someone whom she see as the sole pillar of emotional support - her purpose of life. In v6 and 7 she acted on her own against orders of the AST and marched heads on against the magicians of DEM, both times pushing her body to its limit and wonder dangerously close to the doors of death. In the recent volumes she also seem to be coming in terms with the idea of non-dangerous spirits: at least she will not try to kill Tohka or Yoshino in their "human" forms (she did not go after any of the spirits in astraldress form in the chaos of v6 and 7, but I am hesitant in drawing conclusion there).

Her love for Shidou is not shallow as well. It is hinted that Origami had her eyes on Shidou from a long time ago and is genuinely attracted to him like a regular girl (most of the spirits have a unique case). Through all this time her affection has gone unnoticed and all she can do is keep it to herself.

What makes this sad is that I don't think Shidou has any romantic feelings towards her at all (in fact, Shidou tried to clear up the mistake during Origami's short story and the crew tried various way to make Origami dump Shidou). If anything, I suspect Shidou treat her as more as a classmate-with-misunderstanding than even a friend. All the risks Origami took in v6 and 7 are outside of Shidou's view: while people may tell him about Origami's courage and sacrifices later, atm he seems to have no idea what went on behind the scene. He is also unawared of his role and important to Origami.

In the later volumes, as a reader I find a lot of her awesomeness got overshadowed by characters such as Kurumi and Miku. She also did not receive a Date A Akirabara story... maybe the author just loves to abuse her.

One thing of note:
Origami, similar to all the spirits, share a name with a numerical value. One wonders if the "phantom" will approach her during a moment of desperation.
Old 2013-04-15, 15:06   Link #2291
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
-snip-
One thing of note:
Origami, similar to all the spirits, share a name with a numerical value. One wonders if the "phantom" will approach her during a moment of desperation.
I wonder if there are more foreshadowing scenes about that.

Too sad for Origami since Shido only seems to be Seirei-philic.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:35   Link #2292
Marly
>AS

So the rumor goes that the game will have pregnancy ends, for whatever the reason- And that concept just seems extremely odd and out of place for this series.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:55   Link #2293
holybell84

I am kinda hoping Shidou and Tohka take their relationship further though.
Old 2013-04-15, 17:57   Link #2294
ImperialFlameGod8190

it would be more fun but that's not gonna happen sadly
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:15   Link #2295
Yye1
Wide Right

Highly amused about the game, I'm assuming its a VN, so I'm hoping that the crew will make suggestion that leads to bad ends like in the series

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 19:27   Link #2296
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I am kinda hoping Shidou and Tohka take their relationship further though.

The things I don't really like about the Shidou-Tohka pairing:
- Shidou relied heavily on external aid to win Tohka's affection. In a way, the start of their relationship "was all but a lie". It is the AI+crew on Fraxinus that did most of the work.
- This is further carried on later novels: Tohka becomes unhappy = unstable mood whenever Shidou ignores her. Since having a backflow of spirit power is quite dangerous, I feel as if Shidou is being blackmailed into complying Tohka's wishes. Fortunately for Tohka, Shidou is a nice guy and rarely feels annoyed/frustrated by that. Imagine how Shidou will feel if he has his eyes on another girl and Tohka just refuse to let go! (This is also a reason why I want to see Shidou genuinely fall for someone else: Tohka must learn).
- Tohka has this extremely strong unquestionable love for Shidou original from their initial few meetings. I see her as a rather naive child-like girl who knows nothing relationship wise beside "I just want to be together with Shidou, else I will be unhappy". Her reason for loving Shidou, while is shared by other heroines, feels relatively weaker and more shallow.
- I also feel their relationship advance over time just because the two of them are always together.

Of all the heroines so far, I think Miku by far has the best "route": she started off with a very strong distaste in men and is 200% yuri. Through Shidou's (+Shiori's) interaction (and with Kurumi's help), he is able to open her heart and gave her a valid reason to fall in love of him, shown through both words and action.

Kurumi also does not disappoint, originally seeing Shidou as nothing but prey, Shidou's will to protect all spirits and to save her was able to reach into her dark heart.

Poor Origami (see previous post) . Oh we have yet to have her appear on the cover. I can see her blackmailing Shidou if she ever gets turned into a spirit. "I will only let you kiss me if you sign this marriage registration and make out with me tonight".

Kotori is also a loser in the battle. Her live with her favorite onii-chan got disrupted by all the spirits. Her spirit's power has always been with Shidou and protected him from all sorts of dangers, and her command over Fraxinus is all for the sake of Shidou. Yet at the end she gets no credit for all the things she has done even though she is right beside him all along.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:26   Link #2297
holybell84

Quote:
The things I don't really like about the Shidou-Tohka pairing:
- Shidou relied heavily on external aid to win Tohka's affection. In a way, the start of their relationship "was all but a lie". It is the AI+crew on Fraxinus that did most of the work.
- This is further carried on later novels: Tohka becomes unhappy = unstable mood whenever Shidou ignores her. Since having a backflow of spirit power is quite dangerous, I feel as if Shidou is being blackmailed into complying Tohka's wishes. Fortunately for Tohka, Shidou is a nice guy and rarely feels annoyed/frustrated by that. Imagine how Shidou will feel if he has his eyes on another girl and Tohka just refuse to let go! (This is also a reason why I want to see Shidou genuinely fall for someone else: Tohka must learn).
- Tohka has this extremely strong unquestionable love for Shidou original from their initial few meetings. I see her as a rather naive child-like girl who knows nothing relationship wise beside "I just want to be together with Shidou, else I will be unhappy". Her reason for loving Shidou, while is shared by other heroines, feels relatively weaker and more shallow.
- I also feel their relationship advance over time just because the two of them are always together.

Of all the heroines so far, I think Miku by far has the best "route": she started off with a very strong distaste in men and is 200% yuri. Through Shidou's (+Shiori's) interaction (and with Kurumi's help), he is able to open her heart and gave her a valid reason to fall in love of him, shown through both words and action.

Kurumi also does not disappoint, originally seeing Shidou as nothing but prey, Shidou's will to protect all spirits and to save her was able to reach into her dark heart.

Poor Origami (see previous post) . Oh we have yet to have her appear on the cover. I can see her blackmailing Shidou if she ever gets turned into a spirit. "I will only let you kiss me if you sign this marriage registration and make out with me tonight".

Kotori is also a loser in the battle. Her live with her favorite onii-chan got disrupted by all the spirits. Her spirit's power has always been with Shidou and protected him from all sorts of dangers, and her command over Fraxinus is all for the sake of Shidou. Yet at the end she gets no credit for all the things she has done even though she is right beside him all along.
I kinda remember the external aid gave Shidou more problems than help too lol. I won't say that their relationship at the start is a lie, since Shidou was the one who chose to help her and the first human who refused to deny her existence.

Rather than Shidou being "blackmailed" by Tohka's power reversal, he is being blackmailed by Kotori. He is genuinely concerned about Tohka when she locked herself in during Yoshino's arc.

I also think Kotori is doomed at the start, since she is always sister-zoned.

Origami's Spirit Conquest Events->Jealousy from all the other spirits ->end of the world
Old 2013-04-15, 20:30   Link #2298
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I have a theory... what if...
Shidou seals Kurumi and clones himself... now everyone is happy.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:38   Link #2299
holybell84

Quote:
I have a theory... what if...
Shidou seals Kurumi and clones himself... now everyone is happy.
And Kurumi forces 1 clone to cross dress and force another clone to..."Yaranaika"....

One for the doujins lol
Old 2013-04-15, 20:41   Link #2300
Ultragunner

that's...can be taken into consideration I think

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy