Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-23, 09:06   Link #6781
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
On a side note, she had problems with any of the other Vanadis getting too close to Tigre yet had no problems with Lim marrying Tigre. So... sounds like she does not mind sharing with Lim?
It's been a while since read that scene- been busy irl, so technically I was ready ahead, but I believe she also brought up the possibility of Tigre getting involved with Tieta as well.

So, it might be: achievement unlocked: Foursome! (or at least threesome)

On another topic, I'm assuming the Vanadis' surnames are given to them upon ascending to their rank- as only nobles have typically have last names in the world of Vanadis. This is suggested from one of Sasha's scenes, where she says she was given the surname Alshavin, as well as the noble-born Valentina's name Valentina Glinka Estes- Glinka as her Vanadis name and Estes as her noble house.

This would mean that, except for Mila, their last name has no indication of bloodline. If anyone has read the 12th volume, does it reveal whether Figneria is now Figneria Alshavin, or whether she is given a new surname (as is presumably each Vanadis, with the exception of Mila). Also, does it ever reveal if the position of Vanadis is typically granted for life, or if the Viralt abandons them when they reach the age where they are no longer able to lead an army etc, or at some arbitrary point for that matter? So, is the situation of all seven Vanadis being under 30 unusual?

Also, random thought with regard to an interview with Tsukasa Kawaguchi, with regard to the occupation of the Vanadis if they lived on 21st century Earth, I am kinda tempted to write a fanfic about this, but I already have another Vanadis fic in the works, so that I doubt it will be ever written.

In either case, if this wasn't posted already, the expected occupations:

Elen: professional athlete- not sure what the stuff from before was about (Google translate)- possibly that Elen would probably disapproved of the mercenaries of 21st century Earth (given her honorable character, and the actions of Blackwater etc, not surprising)

Mila: musician

Sofya: artist- I think (based on Google translate) he made a crack about probably modern art, given that Sofy is not a particularly good artist by the standards of Zchted, anyway.

Sasha: housewife. The most significant thing though, in my opinion, would be that she might still be alive thanks to modern medicine.

Valentina: politician (of course). Vote Valentina 2016!

Liza: pop idol

Olga: horse rancher or shepherd

Tigre: living off the grid, surviving by hunting

Wonder what Figneria would be?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 12:01   Link #6782
Direwolf18

Spoiler alert mercenaries from every time period are pretty terrible. Most of their pay came from looting (and with it raping). Plus if someone made an offer big enough for the "officers" in charge to retire comfortably they would swap sides. Kinda like how the Pirates you see in a Disney movie have absolutely no passing resemblance to the real world. Look up the kinda crap that went on in Germany during the 30 year war. Talk about a mess.

Plus they tended to be the first ones to run away. Not always but they tend to not be the cream of the crop. Nations that rely on Mercenaries to protect them tend to have a bad end.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 13:42   Link #6783
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Spoiler alert mercenaries from every time period are pretty terrible. Most of their pay came from looting (and with it raping). Plus if someone made an offer big enough for the "officers" in charge to retire comfortably they would swap sides. Kinda like how the Pirates you see in a Disney movie have absolutely no passing resemblance to the real world. Look up the kinda crap that went on in Germany during the 30 year war. Talk about a mess.

Plus they tended to be the first ones to run away. Not always but they tend to not be the cream of the crop. Nations that rely on Mercenaries to protect them tend to have a bad end.
Obviously, if we're talking about the real world- I am well aware of the atrocities committed by he Landsknecht in the 15th and 16th century Europe. I really should have said mercenaries on Earth in general in that statement

What I meant was that in the world of Vanadis seems, while not lacking in brutality, in general, the most heinous atrocities, particularly those directed against the civilian population are committed by characters clearly defined as "evil": pirates, bandits, Thenardier, Muozinel, and in some case, literal demons.

Given that both Elen and Lim are ex-mercenaries. I suspect that mercenaries of the world of Vanadis are somewhat sanitized, much as popular depictions of pirates are. I cannot seem them committing acts of indiscriminate brutality towards the civilian population.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 03:41   Link #6784
Raxnom
気疲れ

So volume 12 is out and after looking at illustrations I can't wait to read it myself
Old 2015-07-24, 05:13   Link #6785
Elberet
Wrath of Giltoniel

someone have link to illustration 12 vollume???
Old 2015-07-24, 05:50   Link #6786
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
It's been a while since read that scene- been busy irl, so technically I was ready ahead, but I believe she also brought up the possibility of Tigre getting involved with Tieta as well.

So, it might be: achievement unlocked: Foursome! (or at least threesome)

On another topic, I'm assuming the Vanadis' surnames are given to them upon ascending to their rank- as only nobles have typically have last names in the world of Vanadis. This is suggested from one of Sasha's scenes, where she says she was given the surname Alshavin, as well as the noble-born Valentina's name Valentina Glinka Estes- Glinka as her Vanadis name and Estes as her noble house.

This would mean that, except for Mila, their last name has no indication of bloodline. If anyone has read the 12th volume, does it reveal whether Figneria is now Figneria Alshavin, or whether she is given a new surname (as is presumably each Vanadis, with the exception of Mila). Also, does it ever reveal if the position of Vanadis is typically granted for life, or if the Viralt abandons them when they reach the age where they are no longer able to lead an army etc, or at some arbitrary point for that matter? So, is the situation of all seven Vanadis being under 30 unusual?

Also, random thought with regard to an interview with Tsukasa Kawaguchi, with regard to the occupation of the Vanadis if they lived on 21st century Earth, I am kinda tempted to write a fanfic about this, but I already have another Vanadis fic in the works, so that I doubt it will be ever written.

In either case, if this wasn't posted already, the expected occupations:

Elen: professional athlete- not sure what the stuff from before was about (Google translate)- possibly that Elen would probably disapproved of the mercenaries of 21st century Earth (given her honorable character, and the actions of Blackwater etc, not surprising)

Mila: musician

Sofya: artist- I think (based on Google translate) he made a crack about probably modern art, given that Sofy is not a particularly good artist by the standards of Zchted, anyway.

Sasha: housewife. The most significant thing though, in my opinion, would be that she might still be alive thanks to modern medicine.

Valentina: politician (of course). Vote Valentina 2016!

Liza: pop idol

Olga: horse rancher or shepherd

Tigre: living off the grid, surviving by hunting

Wonder what Figneria would be?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then it'll be rare for Tigre and Ellen or Mila or Liza, or Valentina to meet. Olga will be living with Tigre in that regard, as for Sasha either she's living with Tigre, or with Ellen which is more likely since who paid for her hospital fees and who lives in the big city?

Valentina and Tigre will never end well, one wants control, the other wants freedom, and to put a person under your control is to control what he needs (like electricity) and since Tigre is a survivalist, he'll be leaving the control grid.

Liza/Ellen/Milla's relationship with Tigre is more likely to be sabotaged since the three had the comforts of the so called "civilization" and is enjoying the spotlight while the guy is a man from the wilds who prefers to be away not only from comfort, but also from prejudices there.

I imagine Tigre having a solar powered camper vehicle with floats. Armed with modern crossbows (cause being quiet is still better), and hard to get, always away unintentionally, but will be there when you need help. (as long as you texted him before he'd gone far away) Oh the girls probably have his phone number in secret.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 08:45   Link #6787
D-Joe

Just read some discussion of volume 12
Just...

Spoiler for End of volume 12:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 09:59   Link #6788
Elberet
Wrath of Giltoniel

Just give me some spoilers!!!
Old 2015-07-24, 10:08   Link #6789
EvI

Spoiler for spoiler:
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 10:25   Link #6790
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for vol12:
Old 2015-07-24, 12:31   Link #6791
ikramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberet View Post
someone have link to illustration 12 vollume???
https://setsuna86blog.wordpress.com/...dis/volume-12/
ikramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:57   Link #6792
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Spoiler for vol12 illustration:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 13:52   Link #6793
dragon213

I would really like to know what valentina said to make ellen react like that, I wonder if she is angry or jealous, from what I have heard she was jealous at her in volume 11 since she got a piggy back ride from tigre.

Also tigre and ellen disappears together at the end of volume 12? Could this be a sign that in the next volume their feelings for each other will be exposed?
dragon213 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 14:03   Link #6794
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

What's the point of spoiler tags if you're mentioning the spoilers out like that?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 16:52   Link #6795
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
What's the point of spoiler tags if you're mentioning the spoilers out like that?
Whats the point of reading threads where discussion of released novels without spoiler tags is allowed if you dont want to be spoiled?

Last edited by KnightShade; 2015-07-24 at 17:04.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 17:52   Link #6796
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Whats the point of reading threads where discussion of released novels without spoiler tags is allowed if you dont want to be spoiled?
Well, @belatkuro didn't mind about the spoiler, he just spoke about using spoiler tag.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 18:06   Link #6797
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Well, @belatkuro didn't mind about the spoiler, he just spoke about using spoiler tag.
if that be the case, ok then.

best of luck trans-kun!
Old 2015-07-24, 19:04   Link #6798
Chingaruna517

OK, here is the first time I am into this forum and I read the latest novel editions . Also, I am the admin of the wikia edition of the series. Check it right here

http://madan.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Spoiler for vol12 stories:

Last edited by Chingaruna517; 2015-07-24 at 19:30.
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 19:21   Link #6799
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikramit View Post
Regin... Dat Booty

guess i gotta give her some more love in my iron maidens fic now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
OK, here is the first time I am into this forum and I read the latest novel editions . Also, I am the admin of the wikia edition of the series. Check it right here

so much hype!

Last edited by LKK; 2015-10-25 at 12:29. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Old 2015-07-24, 19:32   Link #6800
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post

I feel like the author is doing this wrong...
Spoiler for Volume 12:
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)