AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 23:31   Link #341
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Maybe when I have time in the future, I'll write some Jormungand fanfics...

Always wanted to exercise my writing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 23:59   Link #342
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

No wonder Koko's voice sounds so familiar, she is Haruka from Amagami(since Amagami ss+ just ended recently)

I still cannot imagine Haruka like this...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 00:09   Link #343
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Episode redeemed itself and then some after episode 3. Tho the chase scene once again was stupid. All those bullets at the range and nobody got shot? huh? Especially considering that these are basically hitmen.
Master's using a Negev LMG and firing full auto, long bursts. Recoil will cause him to have a large spread, sending his bullets all over the place. R and Mao meanwhile are first trying to hit the tires, then the engine - they're not aiming for Master or Chinatsu at all.

Quote:
From then on tho the episode was gold. Pretty fu*ked up how Chinatsu got involved with her partner. For the first time Koko was alone(at least she thought she was) and we see her panic. Some nice koko/Jonah moments again along and the ending with Koko/Chinatsu was great too. I wonder what she whispered to Chinatsu. Oh and Chinatsu, you will be missed
It does appear that despite her general demeanour, something had to have happened to Koko in the past that makes her terrified to be out in the open, alone - and the fact that Chinatsu was in the wind at that time wouldn't have helped matters. It does give a new twist on things - Koko acting the way she does because she's actually terrified most of the time, but hides it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Sorry, I have to correct this. The current longest kill stands with a British Sniper Team using an Accuracy International 338 Lapua Mangum AW series rifle. November 2009.

Rob Furlong Canadian sniper WAS the record in 2002 before this shot.

As for the rifles being used in Jormungand, they were using Blaser 93 straight pull bolt sniper rifles. I've had the pleasure of handling one in 300win mag.

On with the show!
Ah, I didn't know that. Interesting ;D

Looking back at the OP, it seems to be hinting at various things that will happen in the anime - CCAT, Kaspar & Chiquita, Orchestra - so I'm guessing that whoever is fighting with Valmet will probably show up soon, along with Scarecrow and whoever the blonde woman is. I don't think we've seen the last of the CIA...

Also, thinking back on Episode 4, Koko is chatting quite cordially with the Dubai Police chief. I wonder if HCLI has greased his palms more than once - would certainly explain why he's helping Koko cover up. (It also helps that most of the damage was done by Orchestra).

One thing though: rewatching episode 3 and 4, it kind of seems to me that Chinatsu is more dangerous of the Orchestra duo. Yes, Master is a one man army, but his tactical thinking seems to be limited beyond "Attack attack attack." Without Chinatsu, Lehm would have gotten him at the mall.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 06:14   Link #344
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I want one of the good guys die. Although can we call any one of them good for the kind of work they do? It would be unrealistic otherwise when all of them can survive rain of bullets while their enemies who are also experts bite the dust. One of the things that kinda irk me when I watch Black Lagoon too.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:43   Link #345
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I want one of the good guys die. Although can we call any one of them good for the kind of work they do? It would be unrealistic otherwise when all of them can survive rain of bullets while their enemies who are also experts bite the dust. One of the things that kinda irk me when I watch Black Lagoon too.
You kidding? I'm surprised Orchestra survived for as long as they did seeing how they operate >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:01   Link #346
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
[snip]

As for their role... well, relatively speaking, Koko's screw are gray. They're not going around starting fights, and so far all the people they've killed have been gunning for Koko. Call it a lighter shade of gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You kidding? I'm surprised Orchestra survived for as long as they did seeing how they operate >.>
That's because Orchestra operate as though life is an FPS, where you can walk through and slaughter everyone. But eventually your luck runs out - consider that Shishou was the last member of Orchestra alive when he gunned down the opera hall and found Chinatsu.

As an aside, Scarecrow's presence does beg a most interesting question: Michael Westen vs Koko Hekmatyr. What would the result be...?

Actually, probably not as violent as I think. Maybe Koko is Fiona's supplier - it would certainly explain where Fiona's getting her stock of toys.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by monir; 2012-05-06 at 01:01.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:06   Link #347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

[quote removed for spoiler]

I won't be surprised- this isn't the kind of series that would have a 'happy ending'.

It would probably have a 'Godfather' ending

Last edited by monir; 2012-05-06 at 01:01.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:47   Link #348
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, it's definately not Nanoha, that's for sure.

On the other hand, depending on the writer, it's probably an Outer Cadia conclusion

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-05-03, 09:56   Link #349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, it's definately not Nanoha, that's for sure.

On the other hand, depending on the writer, it's probably an Outer Cadia conclusion
Which one? Declared outlaws by the rest of the cyber-web for not falling in line with convention, or dying slow motion in a hail of bullets ?
Old 2012-05-03, 12:37   Link #350
klare

an acceptable end for the Orchestra, Chinatsu may not be able to live a normal live anyway

Scarecrow might be the good guy that wanna get the arms dealer, but cant agree in hitting a lady, Koko's response to his punch is cool
Old 2012-05-03, 20:17   Link #351
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Agree. I feel that it was a way to send Chinatsu off so that she won't live the life of an assassin anymore.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-05-03, 21:36   Link #352
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think we all can agree that while we'd like Chinatsu to live, and would most definately tap her, she's just too broken.

Koko's crew have a few screws loose in their heads; Chinatsu has practically every single screw missing, her sanity held together by duct tape. Or chewing gum.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-05-03, 22:00   Link #353
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Though I won't have any problem if there is a well-written story with Chinatsu somehow allowing herself to join up with Koko. Although that may take a while.

Meanwhile, we can all see Jonah's "relationship" towards Kaspar and Chiquita... that one particular woman next time.

Old 2012-05-04, 07:24   Link #354
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Did I just see an AWP? Counter-strike fans are gonna be happy about that
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:06   Link #355
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Well, finally watched eps 4. I must admit, some elements reminds me of Black Lagoon's Hansel and Gretel arc: once normal people being twisted into crazy yet tragic killers, bombastic psycho hitman with quirky habits being killed anti-climatically by sniper fire...alas it lacked the equal emotional punch. The main weakness is that there's no adequate transitional scene to bridge the phase between Chinatsu being relatively normal and the nutcase she had become - there's no good explanation on why she change that way. Now some may rationalize it as Stockholm Syndrome, but that's the job of the anime to explain, not the fans. And the opera massacre at the beginning felt tacked in.

Mind you, I have yet to read the manga, so I don't know if there's supposed to be a better explanation in it.

On the bright side, Lem is awesome. And I always enjoy scenes of snipers coldly shutting up loud people
Old 2012-05-04, 17:07   Link #356
dfens

Their is no accuracy international awp in the series, manga or anime.

The rifle you saw was a Blaser R93 Tactical 2 but it's chambered in the same caliber as the AWP.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:17   Link #357
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Did I just see an AWP? Counter-strike fans are gonna be happy about that
Actually, it is called Blaser R93, also the AWP is wrong name, it is Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum or AWM for short.
Old 2012-05-05, 22:43   Link #358
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well that ended somewhat the way i thought it was but it was close enough. The kill shot on both Orchestra members was gory and tragic just the way it should be. Killing should never be glorified and this series does a good job of making the death scenes stand out.

With so many members on her team there is no way a couple of Kokos are not getting taking out eventually

Best line in episode 4

"You are one scary bitch"

I must admit that last shot of Koko looking like a devil unleashed from the 4th layer of hell was intriguing. In this kind of series i would not be surprised if even Koko ate a bullet in the end
Old 2012-05-08, 20:42   Link #359
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:
Old 2012-05-08, 23:16   Link #360
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Woah! Ep5 was a great episode, for me. Real human depth and awesome voice-acting, especially from Tamura Mutsumi (Jonah) and Matsukaze Masaya (Caspar).

Am I right in thinking this show is flying way under the radar for most people? Deserves more popularity, methinks.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen