AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 23:19   Link #361
gameboy234

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
although im enjoying the story right now, but i cant help but feel annoyed with the fact that just because you can't use your ki doesn't mean you can't lift your fist up and defend yourself.
That's what i'm talking about earlier..

Sera is new character?
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 01:09   Link #362
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
On another note, regarding the the other girl, Sera Noona and her pretty-boy co-conspirator, it seems like we have an interesting situation there. Pretty-boy seems to want to bring her to "his side" (whatever "his" side is to begin with) and thus, he has promised to help her get revenge against Shioon or at least do something about the protection he has. However, at the same time, he appears to have no idea that it's the Sunwoo clan that's protecting Shioon (indeed, he doesn't even recognize Gyu-Bum) so he may be betting off more than he can chew there.
He's not officially the head yet, so obviously it's not exactly public knowledge that he's in possession of the Medallion and the next in line.

Though this highly implies a lot of carelessness and lax in dealing with Shiion though. It's not exactly a super huge secret that Shiion is next in line for Sunwoo ( since regular black-suit retainers are allowed to know of it ), and with Jinie ( recognized as a top level fighter in Sunwoo ) already warding off several attempts at Shiion's life and showing off a Thunder Smashing Strike, you'd think they would had realised by now, since Sera is implied to be related to one of the elders with a grudge against Goomoonryong.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2010-11-08 at 01:24.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 23:31   Link #363
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He's not officially the head yet, so obviously it's not exactly public knowledge that he's in possession of the Medallion and the next in line.

Though this highly implies a lot of carelessness and lax in dealing with Shiion though. It's not exactly a super huge secret that Shiion is next in line for Sunwoo ( since regular black-suit retainers are allowed to know of it ), and with Jinie ( recognized as a top level fighter in Sunwoo ) already warding off several attempts at Shiion's life and showing off a Thunder Smashing Strike, you'd think they would had realised by now, since Sera is implied to be related to one of the elders with a grudge against Goomoonryong.
Hmm... Well, as for the blacksuits, I'm sure that they're sworn to secrecy. And they may not have been close enough to really see or hear anything about what techniques were used. However, I've thought about it and the explaination may actually be a bit simple: they don't know because to them, the Sunwoo clan is a fairly unknown clan. Remember, the Sunwoo clan was splintered some 10-15 years ago according to the lore we've gotten thus far, so many in the Murim, especially youngsters like these may not be familiar with the techniques Sunwoo uses nor it's current members (this may also be a reason that Jinie was choosen - she's young, so she wouldn't be among those who'd be recognized at a first glance if at all). Maybe they'll know if they consult their superiors about what they've seen, but otherwise they may be in for a rude awakening...

Anyway, chapter 5 is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/series/view/BREAKER2/5

Last page made me lol
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:21   Link #364
Xacual

Spoiler for Chapter 5 Raw:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:33   Link #365
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 5:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:38   Link #366
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Hmm... Well, as for the blacksuits, I'm sure that they're sworn to secrecy. And they may not have been close enough to really see or hear anything about what techniques were used. However, I've thought about it and the explaination may actually be a bit simple: they don't know because to them, the Sunwoo clan is a fairly unknown clan. Remember, the Sunwoo clan was splintered some 10-15 years ago according to the lore we've gotten thus far, so many in the Murim, especially youngsters like these may not be familiar with the techniques Sunwoo uses nor it's current members (this may also be a reason that Jinie was choosen - she's young, so she wouldn't be among those who'd be recognized at a first glance if at all). Maybe they'll know if they consult their superiors about what they've seen, but otherwise they may be in for a rude awakening...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite all the problems, isn't Sunwoo still the Murim clan? As in the most influential and most powerful in all of Korea's Murim world?

My memory's hazy on the all the Murim lolpolitics, but that was the impression I got at least, what's with Alliance Leader's position being Sosul's retainer blahblahblah.

Either way, can't wait for all the hilarity and misunderstandings that might occur from the latest, and expected plot device.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-12, 00:58   Link #367
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 5 Raw:
Word. Seems like Shioon has all but forgotten that Sosul placed it specifically in his care. Of course, it may not quite be this simple as we don't yet know what is being said in the chapter yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 5:
True enough. Ah well, he can't keep up the Refusal of the Call forever...

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite all the problems, isn't Sunwoo still the Murim clan? As in the most influential and most powerful in all of Korea's Murim world?

My memory's hazy on the all the Murim lolpolitics, but that was the impression I got at least, what's with Alliance Leader's position being Sosul's retainer blahblahblah.
To be honest, from the impression I got, it may actually be the Chundomoon that is the "most influential and most powerful" out there. However, Shiho did say in chapter 33 that "Even splintered, The Sunwoo clan is still one of the most powerful clans in the Murim", which the elders seems to acknowledge in chapter 57.

Quote:
Either way, can't wait for all the hilarity and misunderstandings that might occur from the latest, and expected plot device.
Haha, you said it . Wonder what's next then? Saehee thinking that Shioon has a new admirer in this "new girl"? Changho returning to the school and attempting to "make advances" on the new girl only to get stomped in the ground? Sera Noona also entering the school...? Oh, fun times ahead
Old 2010-11-12, 08:10   Link #368
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

A bit late today, but scans are out at the usual place.

Looks like things are bit rough on Shiion, on all ends. Ah well, I'll give Jinie around 20 more chapters before she starts having a different opinion on Shiion.

Ironically, I see Jang-Il as a potential future ally, among other things.

Old 2010-11-12, 08:30   Link #369
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
A bit late today, but scans are out at the usual place.
Huh? Where? I've been keeping an eye on ipitydafoo.com and there's no change there as of yet
Old 2010-11-12, 08:37   Link #370
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Huh? Where? I've been keeping an eye on ipitydafoo.com and there's no change there as of yet

Scroll down to the entry of 12th November.

Old 2010-11-12, 08:40   Link #371
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

School uniform!!
Old 2010-11-12, 08:56   Link #372
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:

Scroll down to the entry of 12th November.
Darn it, I didn't realize they'd made that thread a sticky!

Quote:
Looks like things are bit rough on Shiion, on all ends. Ah well, I'll give Jinie around 20 more chapters before she starts having a different opinion on Shiion.
Yeah.. Though I imagine her grandfather might not be too pleased when that happens. Still, they're underestiamting Shioon here. First, they don't know that he's fairly used to being roughed up and I'm sure that they don't know that Goomoonryong taught Shioon to "solve his own problems" either .

Quote:
Ironically, I see Jang-Il as a potential future ally, among other things.
Heh, yeah, he seems more straightforward than the others if anything.
Old 2010-11-12, 09:07   Link #373
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Still, they're underestiamting Shioon here.
The ironic thing about that is they're probably overestimating him just as much as they are underestimating him.

The main reason he was picked 'specifically' by Lady Sosul was because she loved him and wanted to protect him, after all. Though an extension of that also meant he was a kind, earnest person who practiced martial arts while being untainted by the greed of power rooted in cycle of Murim.

Old 2010-11-12, 09:33   Link #374
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
The ironic thing about that is they're probably overestimating him just as much as they are underestimating him.

The main reason he was picked 'specifically' by Lady Sosul was because she loved him and wanted to protect him, after all. Though an extension of that also meant he was a kind, earnest person who practiced martial arts while being untainted by the greed of power rooted in cycle of Murim.
Yeah, good point... They're probably expecting Sosul to have seen an awesome steward of the clan in Shioon, but... What you said .

On another note, Shioon's still being a bit thick-headed there. He still can't believe the Murim would still be out for his blood . I suppose we can only attribute that to the fact that he is blissfully aware of just how much of a hold the wheel of revenge has in the Murim...

And on yet another note, it's funny how Shioon is reminded of back when his master & co came to the school (more and more weirdoes appearing at the school ) at the end of the chapter. Wonder if Jinie is regretting taking this assignament now...?
Old 2010-11-12, 11:18   Link #375
Lummie

Anyone else who thinks that Jinie intentionally will screw up things between Shioon and Saehee just to pay Shioon back for forcing her indirectly into his school?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 12:48   Link #376
Johnny
Working the bags...

Scan is out and had some things wrong to what I said earlier....

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 15:32   Link #377
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:

Plus didn't they even say that in the last past fight already...?
They did. Either he has forgotten it or he assumes that it was merely a cover for their "true" intention of getting their hands on the medallion...
Old 2010-11-12, 19:00   Link #378
KrimzonStriker

Oh god, I spat water all over my monitor and chocked after reading the last page, I really did, I just could not stop laughing!

Things are definitely getting interesting now, I'm looking forward to seeing if Shion will manage to step up in this new role at some point, though for now I guess we'll take it slow in terms of his grooming, it should still nonetheless be VERY entertaining to watch what kind of impact this latest circumstance has
Old 2010-11-12, 19:39   Link #379
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

You know, when they said that Shioon wouldn't be able to use martial arts anymore I thought I'd be really annoyed at part 2, but I'm actually enjoying these first few chapters.

Quote:

Spoiler:
I don't think any number of beatings will make him change his mind, rather it will be when/if Jinie gets hurt trying to protect him. That's what will motivate him to take up martial arts again.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:55   Link #380
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not if she does what her gramps told her to do. I'll admit I didn't see that coming...

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves