AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 08:55   Link #1501
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not really expecting the novel to release until late-May/June at the earliest, because I assume they're holding it back to coincide somewhat-closely with the end of the anime. Of course we don't know for sure that this second anime season will be 1-cour, but I think it's pretty probable.
aye, synchronizing volume releases of light novels and their respective anime has a "proven track record" in bumping up sales.
Old 2013-02-09, 06:16   Link #1502
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Incidentally, my theory above is basically confirmed:

Quote:
The second season of the Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo) anime will adapt the plot of the original light novel series all the way through the final novel volume. [...] Both the final published novel volume and the second anime season are planned to end at the same time.
Old 2013-02-09, 06:52   Link #1503
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Both the final published novel volume and the second anime season are planned to end at the same time.
NUTS! That means we're looking at another 5 months before the long, long-awaited final volume is out.
Old 2013-02-09, 07:09   Link #1504
sky black swordman

^ What?! 5 months ?!!

I willl try my best to patient. But this patience may not hold out.
Old 2013-02-09, 07:20   Link #1505
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

What the....?!Another 5 months?Are you kidding me?Thats way to long >.<
That would be almost a whole year o.o
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 07:23   Link #1506
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^At least it's only 2 months left before the second season start. That should be enough to make the wait less painful, isn't it
Old 2013-02-09, 07:30   Link #1507
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

^ Yeah,it makes it a little bit less painful,but I want to know what happens at the end of oreimo >.<
Old 2013-02-09, 07:48   Link #1508
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Incidentally, my theory above is basically confirmed:
Having the final volume and anime end at the same time leads me to believe that season 2 will be 1 cour (prepares myself for the massive editing) and wouldn't that:
a) end the anime somewhat prematurely since they are supposed to end at the same time if the translation in the link is 100% correct.
b) reduce the number of light novel sales since most of the readers would end up watching the anime instead since the anime revenue comes from mostly DVD's and Blu rays and watching it on television would cost (may have no cost) a significantly lower amount than a DVD or Blu ray.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 07:56   Link #1509
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It won't literally end at the same time =_=

Dengeki Bunko release their new books at the 10th of every month.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 07:58   Link #1510
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
a) end the anime somewhat prematurely since they are supposed to end at the same time if the translation in the link is 100% correct.
b) reduce the number of light novel sales since most of the readers would end up watching the anime instead since the anime revenue comes from mostly DVD's and Blu rays and watching it on television would cost (may have no cost) a significantly lower amount than a DVD or Blu ray.
That would be horrible... Haha...
But I think that will be the case,too...
Old 2013-02-09, 08:03   Link #1511
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It won't literally end at the same time =_=

Dengeki Bunko release their new books at the 10th of every month.
Good to Know. Thanks for the info.

I'm still preparing myself for a 1 cour adaptation of at least 6 or a maximum of 7 novels ( prepares to endure massive cuts and editing).
Old 2013-02-09, 08:11   Link #1512
hans_87

To cover 7 volumes in 13 episodes i cant really imagine that, becouse this will be one shity adaptation. season 1 covered 4 volumes in 12 episodes. So i hope season 2 will have at least 21 episodes f.e anime for Guilty Crown has got 22 episodes so i guess that it is posible for season 2 to have 21 episodes. But anime starts in april so with 2 cour anime the last volume will be publish in October or november .
hans_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 08:26   Link #1513
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_87 View Post
To cover 7 volumes in 13 episodes i cant really imagine that, becouse this will be one shity adaptation. season 1 covered 4 volumes in 12 episodes. So i hope season 2 will have at least 21 episodes f.e anime for Guilty Crown has got 22 episodes so i guess that it is posible for season 2 to have 21 episodes. But anime starts in april so with 2 cour anime the last volume will be publish in October or november .
Also that reminds me, guilty crown was one of 2 animes i know that got a expansion of its season (11 episodes to 22 episodes) as well as Kaichou wa Maid Sama(13 episodes to 26 episodes IIRC).
This is a possibility that may happen with season 2( highly unlikely tho).
Old 2013-02-09, 18:12   Link #1514
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Also that reminds me, guilty crown was one of 2 animes i know that got a expansion of its season (11 episodes to 22 episodes) as well as Kaichou wa Maid Sama(13 episodes to 26 episodes IIRC).
This is a possibility that may happen with season 2( highly unlikely tho).
Neither of these anime actually got an "expansion", actually -- they were scheduled as two-cour shows right from the start. Some websites list shows as 12/13 episodes just as placeholders and then update it when the final number comes out... but we knew from the very beginning for both of these (as the Blu-Ray/DVD listings said so).

In the end, if the show is going to be one cour or two, the decision has already been long-since made, as the anime's broad story planning should already be complete.
Old 2013-02-24, 10:00   Link #1515
GVN.Chaos

Hey guys, when I recheck previous translated volume, I notice something which quite a puzzle. Like In volume 2, part 3 and 4
Quote:
“I mean… I mean… suddenly having a relationship with your best friend go sour… not being able to see her… being impatient and getting annoyed… but not being able to do anything about it…”
Quote:
But what gives me the right to criticize Ayase? We’re birds of a feather, really. Projecting a certain image of someone in our minds, but realizing that in reality that person was different, and then getting angry about it. And then getting sad about it. And then falling into despair over it.
Quote:
That’s not like you. You’re not like that!

… A certain someone had once said something similar… and had gotten angry with similar sentiments.
This was Kyousuke's line. I still haven't check volume 3-6, but I doubt I could gain any result. Can someone explain what is he talking about here?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 05:53   Link #1516
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

My thoughts on the battle after reading the LNs:
Spoiler:

Heart: Ayase (Good End) > Ayase (Dead End) > Kirino > Harem (+Sakurai!) > Kuroneko > Saori > Manami
Brain: Kirino > Manami > Harem > Ayase > Kuroneko > Saori

I guess 12 episodes would be enough for 5 volumes. Some of the side stories such as Akagi siblings can be saved for OVAs.
I honestly don't mind it if the OVAs give an alternate ending for other heroine.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 09:57   Link #1517
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
My thoughts on the battle after reading the LNs:
Spoiler:
Your 4th disadvantage arguement contradict the others, especially 3rd advantage. Although i have never considered that before, i doubt it could be that case. Her romantic feeling toward Kyousuke existed, that's for certain.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Your two last arguements are the same, yet it counted as both advantage and disadvantages?
Also, regarding her disadvantages :
1-She is probably the only one agree with a 3-some
2-Agree
3-Not a big problem by itself. Her other persona can make up for that.
4-I think that's because the author want to keep a balance setting, otherwise it will give her too much of head start.
PS : Am i allow to post doujin here?

Last edited by GVN.Chaos; 2013-03-23 at 10:17.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 10:31   Link #1518
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
PS : Am i allow to post doujin here?
As long as it isn't a link to downloads or of a NSFW nature (when images), I don't see a problem.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:20   Link #1519
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
As long as it isn't a link to downloads or of a NSFW nature (when images), I don't see a problem.
And make sure to post them under the images tag.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:20   Link #1520
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Reading through the last couple of pages of speculation. Looks like most of us see the advantages and disadvantages of each coupling. All I know is that what I *want* has no impact on what may happen and someone who seems to enjoy torturing his readers is at the wheel.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings