AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-18, 20:08   Link #10261
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I just had someone accuse me of kill-stealing a DW2 at 1%.... after I did 98% of the damage to it and he scored one penetrating hit with his PZ 1 C autocannon...now I have seen it all. I'd have liked to have pointed out that and the fact that I did literally over 20 times the total damage as him but there really wouldn't have been a point. If the Dunning-Kruger effect were fatal, I think a very large portion of this game's players would be dead by now.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 20:32   Link #10262
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think it's basically a given. As a team-based game, technically there's no such thing as killstealing, but then again a lot of these people are transplants from COD-type FPS games...
Old 2013-10-18, 20:39   Link #10263
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think it's basically a given. As a team-based game, technically there's no such thing as killstealing, but then again a lot of these people are transplants from COD-type FPS games...
Oh I know, it's just that I find it hilarious that this one decided he was "entitled" to that kill after doing roughly 30 damage to that enemy. I'm sure in his mind he did all the damage and that 30 total damage listed next to him on the results screen was due to someone hacking it though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 20:44   Link #10264
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

If I see an enemy, I'm going to shoot it, especially if it's being targeted already because focus-firing is one of the keys to winning. I don't deliberately wait for a kill; I shoot when I can. So if my first shot just happens to be the killing shot when someone else did most of the damage, tough luck.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 21:03   Link #10265
Gravitas Free Zone

At least WoT awards XP for doing damage, so there's still some benefit, even if the player who did the final 1% of damage gets the actual visible credit on the scoreboard over the player that did the other 99%. (Though even there, damage given is at least noticeable when it comes to seeing who is unjustifiably whining.) Of course, people will still complain because... people are animals.

In BiA-related news, I also tested the geologically-slow reload on the S-51 using a 100% normal crew and then that 100% crew plus BiA. It went from 47.89 seconds to 46.82 seconds. The E-75 crew went from 13.25 seconds to 12.96 seconds with BiA. (The latter done to compare a clearly very long reload to an only moderately long reload.)

Now, I knew that the 5% boost in performance from BiA wasn't going to manifest any obvious huge benefits, much as the 5% boost from Vents isn't much of a change by itself. However, seeing the actual numbers like that, and given the amount of aggro required in having all members of a crew lock down an entire skill slot to train it, it's a fairly rough trade.

I also have BiA on some medium crews already where the difference in reload time is so small as to be insignificant, but I figured it would have some benefit on the other soft stats. That may still be the case, but having 100% Camouflage across an entire crew is probably a better deal. It's entirely possible that the benefit to soft stats is at least partially offset by my actually playing better now than I did ten months ago.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 21:55   Link #10266
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I waited until I got 2 skill sets to 100% on my Tortoise crew before transferring it to the 183, because I wanted BiA, Smooth Ride, and Snap Shot all at maximum to reduce the long aim time and huge bloom as much as possible. BiA also helps with the reload, which is around 24.7 seconds or so when combined with a rammer and vents. Every 10th of a second counts to me.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:31   Link #10267
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I waited until I got 2 skill sets to 100% on my Tortoise crew before transferring it to the 183, because I wanted BiA, Smooth Ride, and Snap Shot all at maximum to reduce the long aim time and huge bloom as much as possible. BiA also helps with the reload, which is around 24.7 seconds or so when combined with a rammer and vents. Every 10th of a second counts to me.
You should have used the AT ISA(prem Brit TD) where you train the crew and put them into that said TD where there is no penalty

As far as I know there`s two 183 : the HT and the TD. I don`t know which one you`re pointing at

I think I should be laughing now because I get rid off the Lee in my account. That tank should be the last one in my priority list since it`s hard to use it as a TD.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 23:37   Link #10268
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

yeah not going to play this game until my ISP fixed.

also this past few week the team is been really terrible :/

KV-1s with HE. WHYYYY!!!!!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 02:40   Link #10269
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
yeah not going to play this game until my ISP fixed.

dodge the damn HE, it really hurts if used correctly. I definitely killed 3 players using HE because I put a good shot in the flat surfaces *definitely ouch*

No the Kv-1S thing you`re talking about is not using the HE, it`s the 122 D-2-5T. That gun has a penetration of 175/217/61 mm and a damage of 390/390/465 HP. It can guarantee 1 shot tier 4 tanks *shudders from the experience).

I heard that KV-1s will be nerfed in 8.9 I think
Old 2013-10-19, 04:15   Link #10270
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
You should have used the AT ISA(prem Brit TD) where you train the crew and put them into that said TD where there is no penalty
I've considered getting the AT-15A as a crew trainer, but the TD is just so inferior in every single way for its tier that I'd have to pass.

To start with, it's much bigger than its tier 7 non-premium counterpart, the AT-7, since it's based off the tier 8 AT-15 chassis, giving it worse camo and making it an easier target than the AT-7. So it's apparently supposed to be an inferior AT-15 knocked back a tier, which would be okay, but there are still too many disadvantages.

The gun is the tier 6 AT-8's top gun. It's common to give a premium tank a weak gun to compensate for the fact that it's premium. The low alpha (150 damage) and high rate of fire would be nice on a tier 7 medium, but on a tier 7 TD that moves 20 km/h max, it isn't quite good enough. I'd be willing to accept the gun if it wasn't for the other disadvantages.

However, the AT-15A's most crippling weakness is its horrible HP pool of 850. The British non-premium tank destroyers between the AT-2 and Tortoise have the distinction of having very high HP for TDs at their tier. This is probably because they are all very slow and can be easy targets for artillery. However, the AT-15A does not have this luxury. Compare its HP of 850 to the AT-7's whopping 1250. It doesn't look right at all. Even the AT-8 which is a tier lower has 800 HP. This is because the AT-15A was introduced to the game several months before the non-premium TDs were, at a time before the devs decided that they needed to compensate the slow nature of the Brit TDs with extra HP. So the AT-15A's HP has an archaic and outdated nature, and I'm not sure if the devs care enough to fix it.

Oh yeah, one more thing. As much as its deserves limited matchmaking like the E-25, the AT-15A gets a normal tank's tier spread, meaning it sees up to tier 9 tanks.

TL;DR: The tier 7 premium Brit TD AT-15A has the tier 6's gun, on the huge tier 8's chassis, while only having the tier 6's HP pool. I'm not getting it.

Quote:
As far as I know there`s two 183 : the HT and the TD. I don`t know which one you`re pointing at
This shouldn't be a point of confusion. There are technically two FV215bs in the game, the FV215b heavy tank and the FV215b 183. The latter is the one I have.

So there is only one 183 in the game, and people usually just call it the 183 or FV183 while simply calling the heavy tank the FV215b.

Quote:

Or a KV-1S with a 76mm gun.

Quote:
No the Kv-1S thing you`re talking about is not using the HE, it`s the 122 D-2-5T. That gun has a penetration of 175/217/61 mm and a damage of 390/390/465 HP. It can guarantee 1 shot tier 4 tanks *shudders from the experience).
Most guns in the game can use HE. The 122mm D-2-5T can also use HE, which might be what RRW was talking about. Using HE with that gun gives you a penetration of 61mm, which is hilariously ineffective on most tanks the KV-1S sees. When HE does not penetrate, which is what happens most of the time you use HE on the D-2-5T, it just does splash damage to the enemy, which is really low compared to the damage that would have been done had AP been used.
Old 2013-10-19, 04:37   Link #10271
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post

Or a KV-1S with a 76mm gun.
I swear. it feel like there is more people using 76mm gun than 122mm

WHYYY!!!!

Old 2013-10-19, 04:47   Link #10272
Blaat

Quote:
WHYYY!!!!
Because they're still grinding the 122mm gun?
Old 2013-10-19, 04:54   Link #10273
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
I swear. it feel like there is more people using 76mm gun than 122mm

WHYYY!!!!
Calm down RRW, people like using high pen guns! Take the FV4202`s Royal Ordinance L7A1 for example :

It has 390/480/480 Damage --> x/x/x are the shells
A penetration of 268/210/105 mm and an accuracy of .32mm

That tank is a dangerous one to fight if it was used properly like a 'god' or pro player because of it`s excellent gun depression.

Or they`re grinding it
Old 2013-10-19, 04:59   Link #10274
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Because they're still grinding the 122mm gun?
I guess. I seen so many tank with stock configuration this day. like Hellcat and Tiger with stock turret

I guess people who only play T4-5 finally got themselves upgraded :/

Last edited by RRW; 2013-10-19 at 05:12.
Old 2013-10-19, 05:10   Link #10275
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
If it's a team based game, cred and XP would be handed out equally, but they're not

Especially when there is a higher reward for killing a number of enemies (like the 30-kill mission a while back)
it can be infuriating when you are constantly pounding a target to the last few % only to see your 'teammates' take the kill every time
You got peanuts doing damage while giving them an easy ride towards 300K
Old 2013-10-19, 06:59   Link #10276
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Battlefield 3 actually handles the team based aspect a lot better than WoT. For example, during a match, depending on what I do, I'll be getting exp for contributing. For example, I'm a recon player with a sensor beacon planted in a strategic area. Every enemy I pick up who's killed by my team, I get beacon kill assist exp for that. At the same time, as I provide suppression fire, every enemy I'm suppressing, who's killed by my team, I'll get suppression assist exp. All of these kill assist XP is 100 points, the same as if I'd killed them myself. Stuff like that.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 14:10   Link #10277
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna take a break from this for a while, getting pretty tired of constant rubbish (frankly pathetic) teams and hilarious match making.

Add to what I've seen on the test server doesn't exactly fill me with much enthusiasm for the future either...

Last edited by Drake; 2013-10-19 at 14:21.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 21:26   Link #10278
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, I did the artillery, TD, and KV-1S crew grinding that I needed, and am up 0.03% global with good performance numbers... might as well fold 'em and walk away now.

Also because I managed to surprise myself by getting a 7-kill Top Gun with the IS-6 in the blighted hell that is Severogorsk.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:54   Link #10279
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Just a reminder, again won't be active in-game for up to early December as its back to the thesis defense for me. Maybe during weekends, or if a good amount of free experience is to be had (like the x3 we have right now), but weekday tanking is a no-no.
Old 2013-10-20, 04:18   Link #10280
Pen3

My friend lagged out, but lately the teams are so bad...

Defeat!
Map: Arctic Region
Date: 10/20/2013 4:05:37 AM
Vehicle: T57 Heavy Tank
Exp: 2,051 Credits: 90,921
Achievements: : Sniper

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Victory!
Map: Cliff
Date: 10/20/2013 3:09:12 AM
Vehicle: Tortoise
Exp: 6,438 (x3) Credits: 73,824
Achievements: : Steel Wall

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks