AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2007-07-24, 16:03   Link #41
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
OVA5 also confirmed the 4th season.

Screenshot at the very end:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 08:48   Link #42
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Website also confirms the 4th season. Such an adorable image, isn't it?
Old 2007-07-25, 21:20   Link #43
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000 View Post
I'd actually prefer it to stay as an OVA.

The 50-minute format fits the series much better than having to split the stories up into several TV-size episodes, and the production quality is way higher than in the TV version.
Sure, the animation isn't exactly anything to write home about, but the art has been generally of much better quality(detail), and been very consistent throughout all episodes, something you can't really say about the TV-versions. At its best, the TV series gets pretty close - At its worst, it's pretty blargh and disappointing in comparsion. Just go and look & compare .

Still, I suppose a TV-version would mean we'd get slightly more content perhaps, even if the 5-episode OVA format gets pretty close to a season's worth of TV-material once you start cutting OP & EDs from the total running time.
I see what you mean about the consistency and general quality, but personally I've found the style of the OVAs a bit of a let down. For me, the subdued tones of the TV series give the series a really distinct feel of refinement and melancholy, and I have to say were part of what instantly drew me in. The OVAs are very bright and more 'cartoony', which I think has slightly detracted from the elegant feel of the series. I suspect that, regardless of whether the new series is broadcast on TV or released as OVAs, the animators will continue with the newer style, but I'd probably still prefer to see a TV version.
Sarah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 05:10   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Website also confirms the 4th season. Such an adorable image, isn't it?
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7805/imgtopgun2.jpg
I just blogged about that image --- i love Touko's hardcore Tsundere look.
Old 2007-07-26, 22:37   Link #45
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000 View Post
I'd actually prefer it to stay as an OVA.

The 50-minute format fits the series much better than having to split the stories up into several TV-size episodes, and the production quality is way higher than in the TV version.
Sure, the animation isn't exactly anything to write home about, but the art has been generally of much better quality(detail), and been very consistent throughout all episodes, something you can't really say about the TV-versions. At its best, the TV series gets pretty close - At its worst, it's pretty blargh and disappointing in comparsion. Just go and look & compare .
It's true the quality of the character designs was very changing, especially in the first season. But I really like the idea of a 4th TV season, because the excitement of having new Marimite things to watch each week is just too strong for me... I'm ecstatic ! I had almost completely given up on hoping !
Noriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 05:29   Link #46
Sarah89

I really hope Sonata Blue is used as the ending theme again. I can't say I was too keen on either Chercher or Kirei na Senritsu, not because as ending themes go they're very bad, but because neither of them actually suit the whole aesthetic of Marimite.
Old 2007-07-27, 06:07   Link #47
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Yes, I agree too, I kind of got used to them, but for me, they are just not "marimite"-like.... I was so glad they kept the same OP theme with a bit a rearrangement like always, and I do hope they'll keep the same tradition again for the new season !

Quote:
For me, the subdued tones of the TV series give the series a really distinct feel of refinement and melancholy, and I have to say were part of what instantly drew me in.
My feelings are the very same!

I found that the designs of Sachiko in the last scene of the 5th ova looked a bit more like the TVanimation than the previous ovas...I wonder if it's hinting at the 4th season being a TV series or I am just wishing it?
Old 2007-07-27, 20:36   Link #48
Sarah89

I don't know how I'm going to cope with an interminable wait for more Marimite... :\ It's taken over my life! ^^
Old 2007-07-28, 08:01   Link #49
Kimmie-chan

Send a message via MSN to Kimmie-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
I don't know how I'm going to cope with an interminable wait for more Marimite... :\ It's taken over my life! ^^
Re-watching all three seasons

Hmm not a bad idea at all really ^^ I might do that

I am honestly so happy there's a 4th season. Otherwise I probably woulda cried at the end of OVA5.
Kimmie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 08:05   Link #50
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Among all 3rd season I love Pastel Pure OVA the most

For some reason , I think it's good to have KOTOKO sing for 4th season ED again. Just like Kirei na Senritsu , lovely and beautiful picture , sweet song!

Someone have any clue when will it air?

PS. I hope it will be TV series too. Such a pain to wait for 3months/1 ep , 51 minutes is very fast. And more SachikoxYumi PLEASE~!
ZaLhErA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 23:44   Link #51
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Very interesting view. Many of marimite fans are complaining that there were too many sachiko x yumi moments and no shimako x noriko story lines.

Spoiler for White Roses:
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 00:47   Link #52
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart View Post
Very interesting view. Many of marimite fans are complaining that there were too many sachiko x yumi moments and no shimako x noriko story lines.
I was a big fan of Shimako already during season 1 (woo subtle), and episodes 6-9 in Haru was like winning the grand price in the fanboy lottery that then cemented the white family's position as a definitive favourite - It essentially became the series-defining arc for me personally, so yeah, the OVA's been a bit of a let-down for me in that regard .

OTOH, I can understand that they stick to the Yumi-centric events for the OVA as that is the main plot of the series and she is the main character, and from a narrative perspective it makes perfect sense as they really can't afford to deviate much from the main events with the "one-book-per-episode" -format, and expanding things over several episodes would just introduce bad cuts and lead to a poor narrative flow.

I guess this would make a good argument for the pro- TV-series people - It would allow the creators to perhaps jam in some of the shorter side plots/character stories without it thus gimping away the screentime devoted to the main events themselves, as they TV-series structre lends itself to that much much better.

Still, I'm wishfully hoping we get the skipped Noriko/Shimako story thingy from Novel 15 (or was it 16?) at some point in season 4, or at least a nod to it - Technically, if they do a TV-series, they could jam it in almost anywhere, as it's not exactly a very timeline or central-plot bound thing, so it wouldn't impact the flow of the main narrative.

I'm a bit in the dark myself in the regard of the future events of the novels that are up-and-coming for S4, so other than knowing that there will likely be a shitload of Touko in S4, I don't have much of an idea of what to expect from it, really .
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 04:35   Link #53
disney72
Going Bonklers

i think the reason why some yumi/sachiko fans wants more of them because their relationship has been pretty much static. maybe they want something more to happen... dunno.. its just a guess.
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 08:43   Link #54
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
i think the reason why some yumi/sachiko fans wants more of them because their relationship has been pretty much static. maybe they want something more to happen... dunno.. its just a guess.
That's actually sparks a question in my mind, of exactly what I would want in the future of the Sachiko/Yumi releationship? In the first season, Yumi had some serious self-doubt issues, and in the second season they both had to overcome some hurdles to their releationship, but in the third season they seem pretty solid, with each providing the emotional support the other needs. Baring some sort of out of character digression into Yuri territory, I think their relationship has pretty much matured, and I'm not sure that there is much more room for it to go. I guess I just enjoy seeing them together and happy (probably why I enjoyed the first OVA "Vacation of the Lambs" so much).

Not having read any of the manga/novels, I would say that the next season (or any future Marimite anime) is probably going to have to focus on (1) Yumi chosing a petite sœur and/or (2) dealing with Sachiko's graduation, and her own potential advancement to the role of Rosa Chinensis rather than the Yumi/Sachiko relation, per se.

That is just a guess, though.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 10:07   Link #55
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Pretty much of the same opinion. however, the last ova shows agai that Yumi regrets the lack of intimacy betwen her and Sachiko (the comparison with Rei and Yoshino, who would come to each other's house anytime, walk together anytime, call each oher on the phone just anytime, who go out, etc...) so maybe the S4 could make them work a bit towards this way?

I was happy and surprised that so much time have been given to the white rose family in the 2nd season, that's why I didn't expect anything to be centered around them in the ovas, and with the soeur audition coming along in the S4, I don't expect much will be happenning amongst the Gigantea family..... but I still hope a little of the details spread amongst the novels will be revealed
Spoiler for like ::
Old 2007-07-30, 11:12   Link #56
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
with the soeur audition coming along in the S4, I don't expect much will be happenning amongst the Gigantea family.....
I don't remember if it was here or on another forum that I read someone saying that would be an advantage of doing the next season as a TV series. Having 12-13 half-hour episodes would make it easier to do a couple of side-stories about the Gigantea or Foetida families, as opposed to the more limited format of 4-5 one hour OVA episodes.

I would not mind seeing some more about the whole Shimako-Noriko relationship, and more Sei or Shizuka are always welcome, too. Plus, with all this talk about Yumi chosing a petite sœur, there has not really been any talk about the fact that Yoshino needs to choose one, too. That would be intersting to see how that impactes her relationship with Rei.

Definetly lots of material for future anime, and lots of directions to go in. I look forward to seeing just what they do next!
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 23:34   Link #57
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
there has not really been any talk about the fact that Yoshino needs to choose one, too. That would be intersting to see how that impactes her relationship with Rei.
Yes they skipped the bet and Variety Gift story, maybe they'll find a way to introduce these quickly as a flashback (like for example, how they did the new year for the 1st ep of season 2), and set up the urge of finding a soeur. Yoshino talked about finding a soeur during the trip after all, so I don't think they will minimize Yoshino's soeur hunting.

Fully hoping for the TV series with some side stories with the gigantea family included !!

Old 2007-07-31, 04:43   Link #58
she_borderline

can anyone give me a start on the marimite series? am a newbie
she_borderline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 04:53   Link #59
she_borderline

Marimite movie?

Hi guys! Am new to this series. Is there a movie out for marimite?
she_borderline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 06:46   Link #60
m000m000

Information like this is usually found in less than a minute if you bother to do some basic research on either ANN or Wikipedia or, even google :/

But to answer yout question, no, there isn't.
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote