AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Characters in Soul Eater
Maka 137 35.49%
Soul 125 32.38%
Black*Star 107 27.72%
Tsubaki 99 25.65%
Death The Kid 200 51.81%
Patty Thompson 59 15.28%
Liz Thompson 55 14.25%
Prof. Stein 126 32.64%
Shinigami-sama 70 18.13%
Death Scythe 57 14.77%
Medusa 76 19.69%
Chrona 63 16.32%
Free 22 5.70%
Eruka 27 6.99%
Blair 67 17.36%
Mifune 30 7.77%
Excalibur 51 13.21%
Other (please list) 18 4.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-07, 04:44   Link #121
Iloxus

Okay, ma be overacting a bit XD, but itīs doing well. `cause you see, I wachted those "mainstream-anime" before and I just couldnīt get this feeling I am getting know. Didnīt mean to offend fans of other animes...
Old 2009-03-07, 11:20   Link #122
OutSmart
Comic Relief

You are not offending "fans of other animes". I'm rly not biased when it comes to this sorts of things. Yes I watch other anime, a lot of other animer, being main-stream or not, and love it, and I do like soul eater very much!

the thing is this series had been given to us as one fo the most promissing shows out there when it started, it was fun, it was cool, I liked the vibe, I liked the style I liked the characters, I LOVED THE FREKIN SHOW, and then, we got a cold water bath with the mid arch development.

The show got less funny, got less cool, started to move on with the story line RLY slowly and; i must say, ina very dull/boring way.. I have to admit that some eps I just watched so I colud catch the next one, hoping that the next ep would bring the best of the show again.

So, except for some great eps within the "mid story arch" the series was kinda disapointing.

BUT, now... oh now yes... the show is back on track. In a few episodes Soul eatergot back their great action scenes, got back the loved characters charisma, brought back the fun and "not adequate" sense of humour and all the vibe of the series was back!

I must say this show will still be able to redeem it self with these last eps, there are still 4 eps left, plz... make'em the best damn 4 last eps any show has ever seen, and then, then I can say this show started and finished, as one of the most enterteinment shows of the 2008/2009 anime story and more!
Old 2009-03-09, 18:30   Link #123
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Hmmm might be time to open up the next round of fave characters for everyone who's appeared in the 2nd half of the series...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-03-09, 18:58   Link #124
OutSmart
Comic Relief

we have already discussed that a lot of weeks ago, but the new thread/poll was never made.

sad face
Old 2009-03-10, 05:24   Link #125
lmd_84

@White Manjuu Bun - Agreed. Looking at the list above there are enough later characters for another round. Also, looks like I was way off on my Eibon prediction.
Old 2009-03-11, 03:25   Link #126
Haladflire65
*Artist

Hello, I'm new... Awesome forum!

I voted for:

1) Stein - he's he hottest mad scientist ever, who also happens to be a psychopath and the strongest technician of Shibusen. So badass. Plus his character design is excellent. Screw in head = win.
2) Death Scythe - all-round funny guy, cool when in battle, loving dad and a compassionate man.
3) Chrona - very interesting character indeed. He/she's incredibly cute. Ragnarok's a plus.
Old 2009-03-11, 22:47   Link #127
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Outsmart: sorry I dont always keep up with this thread plus I was waiting to see if other characters were introduced, sadly they havent been. Someone poke me next time New poll will be up in a few days!

@Imd: True but really what you said to me made sense, sucks he's not gonna be shown.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-03-11, 22:56   Link #128
bill200
bill200

This is the first time I have ever voted for more than two people in a character poll. It was more of selecting who I didn't like then who I did.
Old 2009-03-12, 10:11   Link #129
libba
nepenthes rajah

Go Maka, go, run down Stein

I can't choose just one, but here's a list of favorites: Maka, Kid, Blair, Black*Star
Old 2009-03-20, 23:46   Link #130
Lucipher

Ill go with Death the Kid OMG he is stupid bad arse i remeber when this show started i thought it was boring then i met death the kid with his 2 girls and i fell in love with the show . Death the Kid > all he is this show
Old 2009-03-21, 03:27   Link #131
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Send a message via MSN to Wevvy
Chrona. Devil Sword User.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:30   Link #132
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
I voted for Death the Kid.. whoa, he pwnt everyone bwahaha XD And Shinigami-sama in second place, w00t! Shinigami FTW!
Old 2009-03-30, 23:36   Link #133
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Ill go with Death the Kid OMG he is stupid bad arse i remeber when this show started i thought it was boring then i met death the kid with his 2 girls and i fell in love with the show . Death the Kid > all he is this show
Haha, the same thing happened to me ^_^ But I wasn't really bored, just.. not into it. Shinigami-sama kept my interest before Kid showed up in his bad ass, pinky-fingered, symmetrical, OCD glory :P ... I agree with you! XD
Old 2009-04-09, 22:16   Link #134
Kurona

I can't believe Blair beat Chrona >.<
Old 2009-04-13, 22:20   Link #135
keikakudoori
world-end prosecutor

I thought the SE was all right the first time I watched it but after Death the Kid showed up really did it for me too. Second fav character was Shinigami-sama because he's truly hilarious.
Old 2009-04-14, 23:47   Link #136
qwertyuiopz

patty makes me laugh the most
Old 2009-05-31, 16:10   Link #137
Ziziphus
Whatever

A little late for the party
Well, I've just finished the series recently so the feeling's still fresh I may as well comment on those for whom I didn't vote.

- Maka: liked her when I watched her, but when the show was over there's not much of her left in me...
- Soul: I prefer him to Maka, but poor Soul the anime didn't give him much of a role, in the end I couldn't see much of his cool-thing, so...
- Black Star: disliked him from the start, I just don't like arrogant and foolish kids.
- Tsubaki: strong but gentle, but for some reason I can't always stand gentleness (plus her patience with BS really got me out of patience!) so...
- Death the Kid: now he's someone who actually got me into this show! Love everything about him -> 1st VOTE (yay the majority agreed with me )
- Patti: oh she's the best! love her attitude, always laugh out of everything! plus her bad guy voice -> 3rd VOTE
- Liz: her cowardice was fun to watch, and that's all!
- Stein: not a fan of Frankenstein
- Shinigami-sama: same case as Stein, badass, hilarious, but just not my kind (maybe I just don't fancy old men )
- Death Scythe: aside from being an old man, he's a womanizer, also don't like his red hair...
- Medusa: hate her for being a bad mother, poor Chrona!
- Chrona: yeah, love him/her right at his/her first appearance! an interesting character with a heart-breaking fate, *sob* even the child's gender was messed up! xD but still -> 2nd VOTE
- Free: since I'm not interested in old men, I'll pass
- Eruka: couldn't feel anything about her
- Blair: really hard.to.resist, especially when she's in a cat form, just so CUTE, but since I made up my mind to just vote for 3 for the sake of the preferable characters, I saved my vote on her.
- Mifune: like him for his sword skill and love for children, I'd definitely like to see him become a teacher in Shibusen
- Excalibur: well I don't really need to vote for him, I'm sure this anime producer already did seeing how a good for nothing character like that showed up for like 3 whole eps!

This anime/manga really has a way with the character designs, huh? Each one is original and easy to remember, and each one is loveable in his/her own way (except for Mosquito )
Old 2009-06-14, 12:56   Link #138
Sinclaire28

I voted for
Spirit-kun,
because he is the funniest character in the anime, so funny that he even gives undies at her daughter XD

death the kid for his symmetry minded sickness and the way how he holds his guns,

and blair, so cute.
Old 2009-06-14, 16:23   Link #139
lmd_84

Actually, in Spirit's defence, he didn't give the underwear. He told Blair to give Maka a present from him, because he knew she wouldn't accept it from Spirit himself. IIRC, he suggested a book. Blair being Blair...bought lingerie. I would have loved to see the next time they ran into one another/Spirit tried a bit of father-daughter bonding. :lol:
Old 2009-06-26, 05:22   Link #140
sinZo

Send a message via Yahoo to sinZo
I vote for...Maka, kid and Soul!
Closed Thread