AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 06:25   Link #1201
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Its a hypothetical scenario that has almost zero chance of happening for example Teru managed to get all of her opponents on the same score like zero.

Toki : 0
Kirame : 0
Kuro : 0

If for example Teru did a tsumo like 8,000 all as a dealer everyone will pay the same amount resulting in the final score like this

Teru : 424,000
Toki : -8,000
Kuro : -8,000
Kirame : - 8,000

Since the two top scorer will advance who will be the second school if this ridiculously unlikely scenario come to pass?

player who sit closest to the dealer will advance.
but since kirame is immortal so this scenario is impossible btw
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:46   Link #1202
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
dealer yakuman are 48k so 16k each iirc
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:48   Link #1203
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
player who sit closest to the dealer will advance.
but since kirame is immortal so this scenario is impossible btw
But I think that rule will be quite unfair to those who sits at Teru's left or opposite. I think a 3 man mahjong should exist to even it out when such cases happen.

This scenario is already impossible.(I know thats is a "what if" question.)

1. Toki tsumo during the first run.(Where Teru then go All skill destroyer mode.(a.k.a all units' skill, all pilots' skill are unusable against her.... In gundam.))

2. Kirame rons off Toki, knowing that that will stop Teru's consecutive win with increasing damage(meaning increasing points).
Old 2012-06-14, 08:51   Link #1204
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On the main-line side: What the HECK could have happened to trigger Saki's "Teru mode"?
This was the first question to come to my mind. She's been sitting there for six months doing nothing, *now* she decides to go Super Saiyan?
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:15   Link #1205
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Ugggh ... this chapters are just fueling my already intense curiosity about the Miyanaga family. Though I think Miyanaga surname sort of fits Saki and Teru since its kanju can be read as Eternal princess or something to that effect right?

So that meant
Saki Miyanaga = Blooming eternal princess
Teru Miyanaga = Shining eternal princess
宮 is palace or house of a kami, not princess.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:28   Link #1206
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It does carry an extended meaning of "royalty" though, doesn't it? I agree that "eternal princess" is kind of a stretch as a translation but it's not completely inaccurate.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:38   Link #1207
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
It does carry an extended meaning of "royalty" though, doesn't it? I agree that "eternal princess" is kind of a stretch as a translation but it's not completely inaccurate.
Nope. It means "Household", which in English is translated into "Prince" or "Princess" for convenience. For example the current Tenno was "Tsugu-no-miya (継宮)", meaning "House of Tsugu", but rendered into "Prince Tsugu" in English.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:44   Link #1208
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Saki is awaken.

Even the glasses that Usuzawa Sae of Miyamori Girl School (Fuku-Taisho) use for measure ability was destroyed by Saki's power.

From now on is Saki's Slaughter

The last score for chapter 98:

Kiyosumi : 116100
Eisui : 106000
Miyamori : 91800
Himematsu : 86100

The chapter end when Saki call kan and tsumo for her forth Rinshan Kaiho consecutive (in her awaken state)
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:47   Link #1209
Sol Falling

Quote:
Nope. It means "Household", which in English is translated into "Prince" or "Princess" for convenience. For example the current Tenno was "Tsugu-no-miya (継宮)", meaning "House of Tsugu", but rendered into "Prince Tsugu" in English.
Hmm, the weakness of only looking at dictionary-entries I guess, lol. Thanks for the clarification. I usually look up etymologies when I'm studying kanji, but I still haven't gotten very far and that's one of the ones I'd only happened to look up randomly.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 11:16   Link #1210
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
Ahh ... your right

Miyanaga is composed of 宮永

According to the dictionary I'm using this meant:

- a shrine
- an Imperial palace
- an honorific title of royalty

- long time
- eternal
- permanent
- perpetual
- lasting
- everlasting

I'm a bit curious what would be the most correct meaning for Miyanaga given those two kanji ? And just to clarify Saki and Teru does correspond to Bloom and Shine respectively, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88
Even the glasses that Usuzawa Sae of Miyamori Girl School (Fuku-Taisho) use for measure ability was destroyed by Saki's power.

From now on is Saki's Slaughter

The last score for chapter 98:

Kiyosumi : 116100
Eisui : 106000
Miyamori : 91800
Himematsu : 86100

The chapter end when Saki call kan and tsumo for her forth Rinshan Kaiho consecutive (in her awaken state)
Wow... apparently Saki went super saiyan on the match and destroyed Sae's monocle! Lol ... she even short circuited Sae's power reader. Over 9,000 indeed.

Hmm... looking at the scores, Kiyosumi has risen fast on the ranks. ..
Wait did you say fourth consecutive rinshan kaihou? Assuming the first one is the one on the last chapter then that means its Saki's dealer turn right now? Its south 3? Does this mean Saki would try for a renchan considering she's in full blast right now next chapter?

Who's suppose to be not her sister again?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 11:23   Link #1211
Marina2

Oh, you guys are discussing about a name meaning??

I come here at good time then.

I want to ask you: Does Kirame's name has any meaning in japanese?

At the table now we have 'mirror', 'time', and 'black'. :P
Old 2012-06-14, 11:33   Link #1212
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm a bit curious what would be the most correct meaning for Miyanaga given those two kanji ?
Hard to say, although I would bet on "The Temple is Eternal" or something to that effect. Surnames aren't the most readable characters, unless it's blatant like Sumeragi (皇, Imperial Monarch).

Quote:
And just to clarify Saki and Teru does correspond to Bloom and Shine respectively, right?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Oh, you guys are discussing about a name meaning??

I come here at good time then.

I want to ask you: Does Kirame's name has any meaning in japanese?

At the table now we have 'mirror', 'time', and 'black'. :P
煌: Shine, Prosper.

Difference between Teru and Kirame is that Teru is the "shining of the sun" (extended to mirror), while Kirame is the "shining of fire".

I'll get out the personal name analysis of ALL characters who have confirmed kanji names within next week, as promised before over at the Achiga anime thread.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:36   Link #1213
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Wait did you say fourth consecutive rinshan kaihou? Assuming the first one is the one on the last chapter then that means its Saki's dealer turn right now? Its south 3? Does this mean Saki would try for a renchan considering she's in full blast right now next chapter?

Who's suppose to be not her sister again?
Yes!
From
- East 4 : Rinshan Kaiho 2000/4000 (Dealer Eisui)
- South 1 : Rinshan Kaiho 2000/3900 (Dealer Miyamori)
- South 2 : Rinshan Kaiho 2000/4000 (Dealer Himematsu)
Score for Kiyo, Eisui, Miya, Hime : 116100, 106000, 91800, 86100
- South 3 : Rinshan Kaiho ???? All (Dealer Kiyosumi) AWAKEN IN THIS TURN

I hope Saki will make Dealer Repeater like Miyanaga Teru.

And the end still unknow because the last dealer is Eisui. I wish Saki not get "Exorcise" by Iwato Kasumi.
Old 2012-06-14, 12:26   Link #1214
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
This was the first question to come to my mind. She's been sitting there for six months doing nothing, *now* she decides to go Super Saiyan?
Like Teru, Saki takes her time before destroying her opponents' souls, and because of all those years of holding back and Nodoka's love holding her back to this day, her true powers take longer to activate.

On a different note, interesting info on Kirame. That meaning sounds more fitting for Shizu, but being a bro, is obvious Kirame has some heat in her blood as well.

P.S: Eisui is at second already, is there really a need to pull fancy moves at this point? Unless Ritz wants to leave clear miss divine tumors is the anti-saki, and that would be one hell of a letdown after all the waiting for the demon to awaken.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:24   Link #1215
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I wonder if they will do the individual tourament manga next...

Why can't the male and female play together in a tourament? I mean it is not a contact sport
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:29   Link #1216
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

BTW the First 3 Rinshan Kaiho is Saki's Warming Up.

Just like when Saki fought Koromo, her warming up's point are 500/800, 300/500, 3600 and when her engine is ready, she get dealer Baiman 8000 all and finished with 32000 Kazoe Yakuman.

Chapter 98 is her power up of that version.

With warm up point 2000/4000, 2000/3900, 2000/4000. Can anyone tell me how much point Saki will get when her engine full?
Old 2012-06-14, 13:50   Link #1217
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I hope it's not just a repeat of the regional finals and her opponents make a real attempt at getting back at her.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 14:16   Link #1218
Sumeragi
Banned

People, you know the doujinshi "Buchou Musou", right? I'm thinking of scanlating a few bits of it.
Old 2012-06-14, 17:32   Link #1219
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
P.S: Eisui is at second already, is there really a need to pull fancy moves at this point? Unless Ritz wants to leave clear miss divine tumors is the anti-saki, and that would be one hell of a letdown after all the waiting for the demon to awaken.
As a team of mikos, Esui is the only team that can believably banish demons.
Old 2012-06-14, 18:03   Link #1220
Undertaker

Quote:
I'm a bit curious what would be the most correct meaning for Miyanaga given those two kanji ? And just to clarify Saki and Teru does correspond to Bloom and Shine respectively, right?
Quote:
Hard to say, although I would bet on "The Temple is Eternal" or something to that effect. Surnames aren't the most readable characters, unless it's blatant like Sumeragi (皇, Imperial Monarch).

Got to agree with Sumeragi here. The Japanese surname or Chinese surname in most case doesn't mean a thing. Most of time it is the result of the location of the ancestry where they originated. Especially in Japanese, where unless your family were of samurai class or above, your surname are most likely product of the reform during Meji-restoration Period in the mid-late 19th Century.

The name could either simply derive from a location, a building, what not.

In case of Miyanaga, the Kanji order doesn't make to much sense grammatically, as 宮 is a noun and 永 is an adjective. Instead of trying to fit the meaning "The Temple/mansion is Eternal" into the name might as well question the reason why the name isn't 永宮 instead for the effect of "eternal temple"

Usually in these cases, the origin of the name might be two faced, meaning that 宮
and 永 are to be taken apart as separate entity and they might now necessarily describing the same thing.

For example, Hashiba Hideyoshi (the future Toyotomi Hideyoshi)'s Hashiba (羽柴) doesn't mean a thing together and even separated it meaning wasn't the reason Hideyoshi picked those two characters. The tow characters were taken simply because each character were taken from Oda Nobunaga's two famous retainers Niwa Nagahide (丹羽 長秀) and Shibata Katsuie (Shibata Katsuie).

Or it might simple means that Miyanaga clan is originate from a area call Miyanaga and the area has a grand mansion/temple that has been there forever or there simple is a temple there call Miyanaga Temple and the name is derived from that.

so in short, surname usually don't mean much unless they are in context of other surnames when dissecting a name in a work for symbolism.

For example if character's surnames are Minamoto and Taira you know they are most likely to be enemies or at least at opposite side.

Instead of dissecting the meaning of the surname name, given names are usually the ones that are worth more to looking into, at least for individual meaning.

As for surname, you are usually looking for connection with other surname and not really the meaning by itself.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri