AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 05:18   Link #601
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It shows the difference between Sony and MS. Sony knows what they are talking about, Microsoft does not. I have no idea when it happened, but MS ended up forgetting that gamers are customers, and that they have to sell stuff to them to make a profit. Instead, MS just assumes that the customers aren't going anywhere, and the goal was to maximise money extraction efficiency.

As others pointed out, Sony is entirely comfortable to talk about the PS4 hardware in great detail, because they have essentially done the hard work already and is ready to present. MS however is still fudging the details, it is telling that we don't really know how Xbox1 is truly going to work, when we are only a few months from release.
I think Microsoft lost it when they sent James Allard away from the XBox project and then Peter Moore left leaving no one who actually knew what they were doing in charge.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:23   Link #602
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guys, if I remember correctly, wasn't Titan Falls a Xbox 1 exclusive?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:27   Link #603
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Guys, if I remember correctly, wasn't Titan Falls a Xbox 1 exclusive?
Xbox1 and PC. But the people making it say that PS4 isn't out of the question in the future, so it is likely a timed exclusive.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:30   Link #604
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Xbox1 and PC. But the people making it say that PS4 isn't out of the question in the future, so it is likely a timed exclusive.
Yeah, there is a spiraling rumor in the net mentioning that it will be out for PS4 the same time when it release on PC and Xbox 1.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:46   Link #605
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Titanfall will be 360 as well.

Honestly, I don't know if it's EA or MS's decision here to cross-port to 3 platforms, but doing that instantly destroys Titanfall's potential as a system mover.

Even more so thanks to the 2014 release.... it's going to be competing with some heavy hitters like Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:49   Link #606
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"Titanfall will be on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and pc... Major Nelson tells me thats what exclusive means."

--TotalBiscuit
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 11:23   Link #607
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Kinda weird to see Xbox360 being listed on platform supported by Titanfall especially since it's a FPS which are notoriously demanding in terms of resource. I kinda doubt we'll be seeing it on the PS4 anytime soon though since it's not on the official platform supported.

EA and Respawn Entertainment probably just don't want to give a straight "no" to avoid straining relationship with Sony and fans. Personally, I'll just play it on a PC since me and consoles never got along well when it comes to FPS.
Old 2013-06-29, 15:52   Link #608
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's purely a multiplayer game, so that's an immediate skip for me.
Old 2013-06-29, 18:37   Link #609
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The current Sony team is pretty damn good though, give a much better vibe than the sleazy suits of MS and the inept car-salesman air Reggie gives off.
Probably because Reggie's job is PR?

I don't think it's fair to compare people responsible for the actual development of Sony consoles to Reggie who has little involvement in making Nintendo consoles.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 18:54   Link #610
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

I don't think it's fair to compare people responsible for the actual development of Sony consoles to Reggie who has little involvement in making Nintendo consoles.
Maybe that's the way to go from now? Rather than a PR guy, maybe having someone on the development team give these kinds of talks would be better.

Assuming they have someone like that on the team- Cerny might just be a rare exception.
Old 2013-06-29, 19:43   Link #611
Westlo
Lets be reality

Titanfall is an exclusive Xbone game.

Why? Because the amount of people who play COD/Battlefield on 360 dwarfs PC. It doesn't matter that it's on PC. Yes there is a 360 version in the works but it's not by Respawn so it will most likely play worse.

And yes a PS4 version may come out a year down the line but that's like championing that PS3 got Mass Effect 2 way after the 360 version came out.

So for all intents and purposes Titanfall is a Xbone exclusive, the outlook of a ps4 version down the line is that the series ends up being like Mass Effect more than anything else. If Titanfall is a big hit out the gate it will help the Xbone period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Reggie is in charge of Nintendo of America, saying he's just a PR guy is laughable, just a PR guy is someone like Major Nelson, not someone in Reggie's position. He's suppose to be Nintendo's Jack Tretton, not their Major Nelson. Yes Tretton and Reggie obviously do PR since they try to sell their company but that's not the only thing they do clearly.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 19:52   Link #612
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Titanfall is an exclusive Xbone game.

Why? Because the amount of people who play COD/Battlefield on 360 dwarfs PC. It doesn't matter that it's on PC. Yes there is a 360 version in the works but it's not by Respawn so it will most likely play worse.

And yes a PS4 version may come out a year down the line but that's like championing that PS3 got Mass Effect 2 way after the 360 version came out.

So for all intents and purposes Titanfall is a Xbone exclusive, the outlook of a ps4 version down the line is that the series ends up being like Mass Effect more than anything else. If Titanfall is a big hit out the gate it will help the Xbone period
Calling it 'exclusive' when it's out on all these other platform is a bit...

I do get what you're saying, just like how Destiny is obviously focusing on the PS4 despite all the other platform... Perhaps there is a better term for this?
Old 2013-06-29, 20:00   Link #613
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Reggie is in charge of Nintendo of America, saying he's just a PR guy is laughable, just a PR guy is someone like Major Nelson, not someone in Reggie's position. He's suppose to be Nintendo's Jack Tretton, not their Major Nelson. Yes Tretton and Reggie obviously do PR since they try to sell their company but that's not the only thing they do clearly.
Then are you claiming Reggie personally handles hardware/software development? I understand being in charge of Nintendo of America means he has to be given info from Japan on what kind of console he's selling, and he has to make decisions for localization and licensing, but unless he participates in making the console like Cerny is, I just don't agree that your comparison is valid.

Cerny even states that being a consultant to Sony means he's not directly responsible for managing the workers, meaning he can focus directly on the technical aspect of making game hardware and the software that runs on them. That's still quite different from Reggie who is primarily a businessman responsible for a large branch of a company. Had we been talking about say... Shu Yoshida, you might have had a valid argument.

Maybe calling Reggie just a PR guy is not giving him enough credit, but the fact remains that he is still not in the same kind of position that Cerny is.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-29 at 20:14.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 20:16   Link #614
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls? As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:34   Link #615
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Calling it 'exclusive' when it's out on all these other platform is a bit...

I do get what you're saying, just like how Destiny is obviously focusing on the PS4 despite all the other platform... Perhaps there is a better term for this?

If you think about it if Titanfall is successful, why not bring it to another console to sell more copies, and if t is coming to PS4 a year or more later it could potentially mean more time to polishe that version, but let's be real it will be the same to keep the status quo.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 20:52   Link #616
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Are you sure? I can't imagine more play BF on console than do on PC. CoD yeah, but not BF.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 21:15   Link #617
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-29, 22:09   Link #618
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
XBONE making an epic comeback?
oh my!
Old 2013-06-29, 22:26   Link #619
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Anyone felt very weird after watching that? Felt like they were being very vague.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:41   Link #620
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Anyone felt very weird after watching that? Felt like they were being very vague.
Vague? Is this some sort of double sarcasm? The first answer was a blatant jab at Microsoft.