AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 13:05   Link #1
Alchemist007
*Author

What's your job and do you like it

I got a new job a few months ago, it's 40 hrs/week and boring as hell. I simply check documents for quality and forward them. It's conveniently located to my house but I can't imagine doing this for longer than a year.

What's your job and do you like it? Do you have a dream job?
Old 2012-04-22, 13:11   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Currently a student, but going to graduate next year and become a teacher. It's no doubt challenging, and I might even have to teach in rural areas but imagining how my contribution will partly attribute to my future students' success is enough to keep me going.

Also, being a teacher in my country means plenty of allowance. Car, housing, hospital, etc,etc,etc

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:16   Link #3
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

HVAC Controls Engineer, at least for the next month anyways. then I'll be rejoining my family in Seattle. That will mean a job change as well.

It's OK. The thing I really like about this job is that I get to plan things out and draw in CAD and each project is different. The thing I hate about this job is that there is an enormous amount of information to know about each project.

Endless "CAD guy" Soul
Old 2012-04-22, 13:21   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Currently a student, but going to graduate next year and become a teacher. It's no doubt challenging, and I might even have to teach in rural areas but imagining how my contribution will partly attribute to my future students' success is enough to keep me going.

Also, being a teacher in my country means plenty of allowance. Car, housing, hospital, etc,etc,etc
Yeah having a job with 'soul' is what I'd really like (not trying to make fun of you, Endless ). Teaching sounds really rewarding. I was looking around for other jobs here but they don't seem to be any more rewarding, just a lot more soulless responsibilities.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:22   Link #5
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
HVAC Controls Engineer, at least for the next month anyways. then I'll be rejoining my family in Seattle. That will mean a job change as well.

It's OK. The thing I really like about this job is that I get to plan things out and draw in CAD and each project is different. The thing I hate about this job is that there is an enormous amount of information to know about each project.

Endless "CAD guy" Soul
My job? Let's just say I just got familiar with the term, which stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning about a month ago, and indicates that ES is likely to be in the offshore & marine industry.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:28   Link #6
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
My job? Let's just say I just got familiar with the term, which stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning about a month ago, and indicates that ES is likely to be in the offshore & marine industry.

No sir, my company deals mostly with schools, military bases and other government buildings.

Endless "Enthalpy" Soul
Old 2012-04-22, 13:49   Link #7
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I'm a computer engineer.

My 'job' currently is, to build systems around microcontrollers and write the programs to run on them. This includes things like RFID, cellphone-modules, interfacing with all kinds of ICs, and a lot of wireless and wired communication technologies like ISM-band radios, USB, I²C, CAN and so on.
Mainly industrial sensors and systems to aggregate data from those sensors and get them into an online databank. But also other custom applications.

Those are all single case assignments though. I am not employed. After I got my diploma last year, I got access to all these interesting assignments and decided to play around to my hearts content.

Now I'm getting a bit bored. There is not enough to do, to keep me busy and the payment is bad (due to the low amount of things to do).
I'm thinking about finally entering the cooperate world.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:34   Link #8
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

HVAC engineers work anywhere that has things which need to breathe. I have a friend in this line who likens himself to Gordon Freeman because he says he's always crawling and cleaning up vent shafts, if not taking the whole vent system apart and RMa for recycling.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:52   Link #9
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I work in HMV (his masters voice) the main retailer in music, games & videos (also technology) and its good the people I work with are cool as hell and I get to listen to great music each & every day whilst hanging out in a cool environment. Son I'll only be working there a few days a week so I can start a degree in IT & Computing plus design. I already have qualifications in film making but there is just no work besides being an extra on game of thrones which gets filmed near me.
Old 2012-04-22, 14:58   Link #10
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

College graduate with a meteorology degree, but I didn't do so well and is now working at a rent-to-own store (Rent-A-Center). It's better than the call center experience that I had, but it's obviously not what I want to do with my life. I hope to go back to university to get something like an accounting degree as soon as Fall 2012, but obviously I would need to find a way to pay for it as I wouldn't be able to stay working '9am-8pm's.

My original dream job was working in the meteorology field as my degree shows, but I soured on it halfway through and powered through it on mostly pride when I should have switched majors. Now, I only wish to have a job that I don't dislike and where I take care of myself while having some extra money for hobbies.

Edit: And more freetime. Definitely more free time, but I may be getting greedy with my current position at this point in my life.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-04-22 at 15:33.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:05   Link #11
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Lifeguard. It's boring when you're on the stand, but the rest of the employees make it worth it.
Old 2012-04-22, 15:08   Link #12
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i've been in two minds myself. right now i work in a sales job where i get decent pay, the people who hired me are good and give me oppertunities to learn about working in a shop and how it is run. i've been doing it for a year now and i don't know what to do.

i'm 25 and at an age where i can take a little risk and persue what i really want to do. which is scriptwriting and working in camera department on movies and tv.

i took my current job cause i could not find work in movies and tv but, it feels wrong to quit when someone has been very kind to you. and in this economy it would be a risk.

it's decision time. go and do what i really want and dream of doing or stay and accept my current standing.
Old 2012-04-22, 15:14   Link #13
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Lifeguard. It's boring when you're on the stand, but the rest of the employees make it worth it.
Do you get to see sexy girls in bikini everyday?

Old 2012-04-22, 15:38   Link #14
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Working in retail and at university studying to be a photographer.

Retail is pretty awful and there is nothing quite as soul destroying as having to perform the same boring, monotonous and unrewarding work everyday coupled with serving ignorant, self-entitled customers while being walked over by the hierarchy of a business that cares more about keeping the shareholders happy than about the well being of the over worked and poorly paid people it employs.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:35   Link #15
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Wow..you guys are really good..

i mean..you've studied a lot, and do works very interesting..

On the contrary...when i was young, i haven't studied...because i didn't want..my father and mother always in their company...to work..i was practically raised by my grandparents..and my grade in school were not important..no matter if i If I had good grades or not..so when i was 14, i start to practice box, and I'm still going in it..and i'm 30 now..

Actually i worked for a company that was selling video games..but the company has failed...

And now,i am forced to work in my father company...i hate it...i don't have to do anything..i just have to watch the employees who work..f*** but because i am the only son and i don't have sibling..once day i have to work in this company...

My girlfriend actually this year is gonna graduate...she became a lawyer....is kind funny...she always said, i'm the lawyer of the "devil".....the devil is me referring when i'm in the ring and I fight.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:42   Link #16
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Wow..you guys are really good..

i mean..you've studied a lot, and do works very interesting..

On the contrary...when i was young, i haven't studied...because i didn't want..my father and mother always in their company...to work..i was practically raised by my grandparents..and my grade in school were not important..no matter if i If I had good grades or not..so when i was 14, i start to practice box, and I'm still going in it..and i'm 30 now..

Actually i worked for a company that was selling video games..but the company has failed...

And now,i am forced to work in my father company...i hate it...i don't have to do anything..i just have to watch the employees who work..f*** but because i am the only son and i don't have sibling..once day i have to work in this company...

My girlfriend actually this year is gonna graduate...she became a lawyer....is kind funny...she always said, i'm the lawyer of the "devil".....the devil is me referring when i'm in the ring and I fight.
Hey, if you are the only son and has no sibling, that means you will be taking over your father's company, right? I for one envy you. Anyways, when you take over the company, you will no doubt do more than watching your employees.

And it's not like you never worked once in your life. You did, it's hardly your fault that the video game company went bust.

You're a boxer? Cool

Old 2012-04-22, 17:05   Link #17
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Hey, if you are the only son and has no sibling, that means you will be taking over your father's company, right? I for one envy you. Anyways, when you take over the company, you will no doubt do more than watching your employees.

And it's not like you never worked once in your life. You did, it's hardly your fault that the video game company went bust.

You're a boxer? Cool

Yeah..i'm the only child...so i have to take my father place once day..but, i don't like it..i wanted to work where i want..even if i have to work hard...but now..i'm forced to do it...the company is doing well as always..

My dream was to fight in the competition around the word..but my father never wanted it...is complicate...yeah,i can have anything i want, because i'm rich..but i think that have a dream, a goal,and be able to realize it, working hard...is much more rewarding, when you be able to do it with your strength alone.., i can see it in when i watch my girlfriend...

Yeah..i'm a boxer..and i'm really good in it...i like to fight..my character change completely when the time come...i'm always happy and is very difficult that i get angry about something..but when i have a match and training..is like i become a another person...
Old 2012-04-22, 17:06   Link #18
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Uhmm... Still applying as volunteer nurse.. I finished my 1 year in a military hospital and still going to get another three years...

Do I like it? Being a dreamer to become animator, hmmm... Its ok. Well, I can still draw during spare times at the station at night.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-04-22 at 17:36.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:11   Link #19
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Yeah..i'm the only child...so i have to take my father place once day..but, i don't like it..i wanted to work where i want..even if i have to work hard...but now..i'm forced to do it...the company is doing well as always..

My dream was to fight in the competition around the word..but my father never wanted it...is complicate...yeah,i can have anything i want, because i'm rich..but i think that have a dream, a goal,and be able to realize it, working hard...is much more rewarding, when you be able to do it with your strength alone.., i can see it in when i watch my girlfriend...

Yeah..i'm a boxer..and i'm really good in it...i like to fight..my character change completely when the time come...i'm always happy and is very difficult that i get angry about something..but when i have a match and training..is like i become a another person...
You have a dream. That is wonderful. I know a lot of people that don't have dreams or working hard to achieve them.

Anyway, you are just 30. You have plenty of time

Old 2012-04-22, 17:31   Link #20
escimo
Paparazzi

I mostly do store furniture and display design. On occasion some floor planning and general visual concept design as well.
I really like the versatility of it. The part that I don't like is that generally the schedules in larger projects tend to be quite insane.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote