AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-01-17, 17:56   Link #1
Tsukishirou

All videos suddenly got dark

I donīt know what happened, I went to the PC one day and now all vids look too dark... since I didnīt do anything, or donīt know what I did I donīt know how to fix it. Could anyone help me?
Old 2006-01-17, 18:03   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukishirou
I don´t know what happened, I went to the PC one day and now all vids look too dark... since I didn´t do anything, or don´t know what I did I don´t know how to fix it. Could anyone help me?
Tell us a little bit about your system.

What kind of monitor are you using? Does the rest of your computer screen look darker? Have you or anyone else recently adjusted the settings on your monitor? Which graphics card are you using? How old is it? Have you tried adjusting the brightness/contrast in the video overlay section at all?

Might be a hardware failure of some sort (most likely with the graphics card) or maybe a driver failure related to the graphics card. Any how...my questions might not help, but what will help is if you tell us a little about your hardware.

Old 2006-01-17, 20:24   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Try checking the display settings built onto the monitor [ those little buttons or knobs that adjust shit ]

Or maybe someone just futzed with your overlay settings in your advance display properties .
Old 2006-01-17, 20:25   Link #4
Tsukishirou

In fact my screenīs been a failing a little, it only shows the upper half of the screen and I have to hit so it gets full screen again, itīs an old monitor, but everthingīs bright, itīs only the videos that suddenly got dark.
I donīt know much about coumputers but neither I or anyone else have been messing with it. I tried changing the brightness etc. of my monitor after it happned but it doesnīt actually help at all.
Also videos that worked fine a little while ago now look really darkened, as I said all videos look very obscure, but anything else looks fine, Windows, flashes etc...
Old 2006-01-17, 20:35   Link #5
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
rightclick anywhere on your desktop, not on an icon, click properties.

click settings, then advanced

here is where it varries by driver, and by hardware...but look for an overlay tab.

slide the brightness up a little bit, apply, check the video, and use this screen to adjust to suit
Old 2006-01-18, 01:17   Link #6
Tsukishirou

WTF!!! Scary!!! O_O

I returned from a party and ALL videos work again. The scary thing is that when I checked recent doecuments there were some things that were recently opened like Gashbell Ep.133, but that Ep. is old, and I only saw it once a while ago.
So poeple can access your computer from outside easily or something?
LOL And repair thing for you XD?
Old 2006-01-18, 01:18   Link #7
BellaD

Quote:
In fact my screen´s been a failing a little, it only shows the upper half of the screen and I have to hit so it gets full screen again, it´s an old monitor, but everthing´s bright, it´s only the videos that suddenly got dark.
OMG you have to hit the monitor?? LOL...its clearly saying retire me please because I have grown old and angry .
Who is the friend of all.
--
Old 2006-01-18, 01:59   Link #8
Tsukishirou

LOL Yeah, and bofore that I had to hit it cause the screen started getting purple, but that also stopped. Maybe this wonīt -_- Time to buy a widescreen monitor just kidding, donīt much money right now.
Old 2006-01-18, 02:02   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
WTF!!! Scary!!! O_O

I returned from a party and ALL videos work again. The scary thing is that when I checked recent doecuments there were some things that were recently opened like Gashbell Ep.133, but that Ep. is old, and I only saw it once a while ago.
So poeple can access your computer from outside easily or something?
LOL And repair thing for you XD?
Either someone is using your computer when you aren't there, or you need to get a firewall. Yes, if you aren't properly protected by a firewall people can easily access your computer through the internet.

Of course, you shouldn't discount the possibility that there might be someone in your room.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-18, 21:57   Link #10
Tsukishirou

*sigh*

Just as it repaired, it went dark again. Is it my PC or my monitor?
Old 2006-01-18, 22:11   Link #11
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Just as it repaired, it went dark again. Is it my PC or my monitor?
I'm willing to bet $50 that it's either your monitor or your graphics card. Fluctuations like this always sound like some kind of impending hardware failure. Whatever is failing it didn't spontaneously fix or heal itself. It's just fluctuating. Getting ready to die.

Kind of like an old person gasping for air. And then. *thunk*